Azumanga Daioh Fan Fiction ❯ Tomo's Wish ❯ Act 8 A Weekend at Koyomi's Part 1 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tomo's Wish-Act 8 A Weekend at Koyomi's Part 1
by
triviatrap1982
I do not own Azumanga Daioh. It is owned by Kiyohiko Azuma.

Once Friday morning came by. Tomo had packed up. She had some extra clothing, and underwear. She also had her charged MP3 player and Phone. There was one thing she didn't exactly have, her brother's confidence. Still, she accepted, and she was going to go through with it. She brought her charger for her Phone and MP3 player as well. She didn't want to be caught unprepared because she's been adding a lot of songs. Thankfully her father left his laptop behind so she could finally do her list. Though, she did have to get up extra early just to make it happen. She yawned. She knew she was going to be in a bad position today at school.

"You're up early," Mrs. Takino said.

"This is the only time I can use dad's computer to do my list," she yawned.

"I'm just going to buy you a laptop when he gets back," she sighed.

"Thanks...I can barely do written reports," she returned grateful.

"You're quite lucky...when I was younger...I still had to learn to use a typewriter."

"True, though considering there was only one computer...that was the fastest option," Tomo agreed.

"Maybe you should stay home today...I don't see you staying off of Yukari's bad side if you sleep in her class."

"I went to bed early yesterday, after I was done with my homework," she noted.

"You really are trying to impress her are you?"

"I am...though I don't think she notices," Tomo returned.

Her mom wanted to make an inspirational speech, but it was too early. Once Tomo finished with her father's computer...she logged off. Still, he was excited about the weekend with Yomi. She didn't expect that this was going to happen. However...she realized that her emotions now were going to mess with her badly. On he one hand she was going to be alone with a cute girl...the problem was that Tomo didn't want to tip her hand.

'Son of a bitch!' Tomo mentally hissed. 'I totally forgot about one major detail!'

"Hey are you ready for school?" Her mother asked.

"I'm ready," Tomo said.

"Good...now have a good day," her mother said.

Tomo really didn't expect what would happen. She then was contemplating the possible events in her head. She concluded that way too many things can go wrong. She wanted to make things go perfectly. She knew that wasn't going to happen. The best thing she could do was take it as it came. She prayed that Yomi would have a futon available. That is...she didn't want to screw up...at least she wanted to so as minimally as possible. At about dismissal time, Tomo was at the shoebox. She was met by Yomi.

"Oh hey," Tomo started, "do you mind if i run home to grab my bag?"

"That's not a problem," Yomi said.

"Thanks," Tomo said. "I must have my mom lock my bedroom door."

"Why what's going on?" Yomi asked.

"My brother's friends are coming over this weekend," Tomo answered bluntly.

"Oh...I hope there's enough soap..."

"He won't in front of mom...or dad..."

"Hey, I'll pick you up at about 5:30."

Tomo agreed. She knew Yomi was very strict about punctuality. That is, she had perfect attendance for school. That is, aside from the snowball fight last month. Tomo came in. Her brother was taking down stock. He gave her a silent nod as she went to her room to change he clothes. After, she asked her mom to lock her door. She didn't want her brother, or his friends, snooping. She got the hint. She decided to wait until Tomo left. She really didn't feel like locking, and unlocking the door. Tomo took one more thing. Her key chain from Magical Land. She's not left it alone for any reason. Once 5:31 came by, Yomi arrived. She found that Tomo was already ready to leave. Once they left, her mother locked the bedroom door. They then went to Yomi's place. Once there, it was quiet and empty.

"Where are your parents at?" Tomo asked.

"They decided they were going to go out to dinner," Yomi answered.

"Oh, they decided everybody needed a break from each other," Tomo observed.

"We spend a lot of time together, so some time apart is a good thing right?" Yomi returned.

"May I set my bag in your bedroom?" Tomo asked.

"Oh sure," Yomi said. "I will have some sort of dinner ready."

"Hold on a second," Tomo said, searching through her pocket-book, "here we go, I still have a thousand yen to contribute...it's not much.."

"Don't worry about it," Yomi said, politely declining the offer, "you're a guest here after all."

Tomo smiled, and went to the bedroom. She noticed there was no futon there. She groaned. She remembered the space limitations of Yomi's bedroom. Especially since her desk and bed take up so much room. She just sat her bag down. She couldn't pull any stunts. Her conscious was playing havoc with her. Now, a normal guy's emotions for a cute girl...alone...was starting to mess with her big time.

"Well," Devil Tomo said laughing, "you can do all sorts of things to her."

"Like what?" Angel Tomo popped in.

"You know...a little of this...a little of that...maybe even it!"

"That's too perverted!" Angel Tomo hissed.

"Yeah what are you going to do Goody-two-shoes!"

The bad part of Tomo's emotions got a smack from the good part. Tomo was conflicted. She decided to carry on the best she could. She returned, and Yomi had her homework out. Tomo was wise to bring hers. After all, in Japan, weekend homework is very much a normal. Tomo didn't bother to ask Yomi to copy. In fact, she knew Yukari would really let loose. Yomi nodded over, and so very genuine effort from Tomo.

"Tomo...what has gotten into you?" Yomi asked.

"Well...it started a while ago," Tomo said, "there's no way I'll be able to graduate at the rate I went through then."

"You definitely have stepped it up," Yomi said.

"Yup, that I did," Tomo said, uneasily.

Yomi picked up that Tomo was nervous for something. She couldn't figure out exactly what was going on. Tomo heard the bell ring. It was the take-out delivery girl. Yomi got her wallet, to pick up the food. Unlike Tomo who preferred pizza and such...she preferred Chinese foods and such. She returned and placed the food in the kitchen. She didn't want their homework to get messed up. After about another hour of their homework...they then ate. It was cold at that point, however...Tomo preferred it.

"Yomi," Tomo started, "do you usually eat the vegetables?"

"Sometimes," Yomi said, "there are other times where it isn't..."

"Right," Tomo said understanding, "it just disagrees with you violently."

"What about you?" Yomi asked.

"I eat them all the time," she said. "More than double since my dad has the same problem."

Yomi giggled. Tomo wonders why. A bit of the chilli sauce on her nose. She smiled, then got a napkin. Tomo giggled. it felt like she was a young child. Tomo blushed. She learned a lesson quickly. After that incident. They sat down and just talked for a while. They didn't know it...but a major test of their faith, and friendship, was about to take place. That is, Tomo was sitting down on the couch. She was contemplating asking...but she didn't want Yomi to get into trouble.

"Tomo," Yomi started, "If you need to use the shower..."

"Oh thanks," Tomo accepted, "I have a pair of pajamas."

"I have a wash cloth, and a dry towel for you," she returned.

"I shan't take long!" Tomo said smiling.

'Who says 'shan't' these days?' Yomi asked mentally. She rolled her eyes.

About twenty minutes later, Tomo was showered, and dressed. She waited for Yomi. In the meantime, she read a stray magazine that she had. Yomi had one of those high-fashion magazines. Of course, she saw little use in that. Yomi came in, and she saw Tomo sitting on the floor. She didn't want to impose. She invited her on the bed. Yomi couldn't find a clean futon before tonight, and cleaning them took an entire weekend.

"Well...okay," Tomo said tentatively, "you know I toss in my sleep."

"It's okay," she said, "I'm used to it."

'I hope I don't have those dreams,' Tomo thought.

"You take the inside part of the bed," she then pat the spot where Tomo would sleep.
She climbed in. it was quite...tentative. In fact, Tomo wished she had an extra pillow and blanket. That would have been a lot safer. Still, she reluctantly took the offer. The night was going well. Until...her dreams just took the best of her. It was the same dream. As it turned out...Yomi had the same kind of dream. She wasn't going to be open to admitting that to anybody at anytime soon. Yomi, unlike Tomo, did not realize exactly what was going to happen the next morning. Her parents wouldn't know exactly what would happen that morning either.