Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Ch. 2: Let's Explore ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 2 (Let's Explore!)
Keyoko dropped her bags right there in the hall and ran up to Anna, giving her a deadly bear hug. Keyoko couldn't believe that Anna had coincidentally become her roommate, but she didn't care. “Anna, I'm so glad that we're roommates,” Keyoko said while still hugging Anna. “I'm glad too. But could you maybe let me go. You're kind of crushing me,” Anna said. Keyoko laughed and released her. Anna always said that she was being crushed whenever Keyoko decided to give her bear hugs, which was quite often.
Keyoko's step dad turned to Keyoko and said, “Well, I guess I'll see you when summer rolls around. I'm going to miss you. But don't forget. Don't do anything stupid or I'll came back and get you myself. I'm just kidding. I love you. Bye.” They gave each other a hug, and her step dad left.
Keyoko dragged her bags into the room and closed the door. Then she said to Anna, “So, what do we do now?” Anna skimmed through her packet that the office lady had given her. (Keyoko was too lazy to look at hers.) “It says that on the first day, students must find their classes, collect their textbooks, and bring them back to their dormitories. Students must not wander the halls leisurely. Also, after the students have collected their textbooks, they must remain in their dormitories. They may leave only if they have a signed note from an adult, if it's lunchtime, or if it's an emergency. Then it just kind of keeps going on from there,” Anna said. “Wow. Strict. Does it say anything about going outside?” Keyoko asked anxiously. Anna scanned through the page again and said, “No. I don't think so. We'll just have to ask someone later.” Keyoko stood up and said, “Well then, let's start wandering.”
(One hour later)
The lock clicked as Anna opened the door. They both threw down a pile of textbooks and collapsed on their beds. Keyoko had been carrying five and Anna had been carrying six. They both collapsed on their beds, grateful that they didn't have to carry their books around for now. Anna then said, “Maybe we should finish unpacking while we wait for the second lunch bell.” Keyoko nodded and said, “Yeah. That's a good idea.”
Anna and Keyoko both had second lunch. Lunch money for the year was included in tuition. The lunch was broken up into five different times. First lunch: 11:00am, second lunch: 11:30am, third lunch: 12:00pm, fourth lunch: 12:30pm, and fifth lunch: 1:00pm. Anna and Keyoko felt sorry for the people who had fifth lunch.
Keyoko began to hang up four of the five uniforms that were given to them by the school. (She was wearing the first one.) The packet had said that students were supposed to wear one of the five uniforms for each weekday, and had to wash them on the weekends in the many washers and dryers located around the school. Like normal school, they only had to go to class Monday through Friday. On the weekends, they didn't have to wear their uniforms, but they still had to follow dress code.
Anna began to organize her giant stack of folders and binders. Those were the main places where she'd keep her drawings and anything else that needed to be kept safe.
Their dorm room provided two book shelves for the girls to put what they needed to there. Keyoko put her notebooks and sketchbooks on one of the shelves of the bookcase closest to her. Then she found a good place to charge her cell phone. After that, she pulled out Spirit Dranzer. She was tempted to challenge Anna to a battle, but she figured that it was best to wait until after lunch.
Just as she finished unpacking, Anna glanced at the digital clock that had already been in the room when they got there. It read, “11:29”. Two seconds later, it changed to 11:30 and they heard the sound of a loud bell ring. Keyoko stood up and said, “I guess it's time for lunch.” She grabbed Anna's arm and pulled her towards the door. “You don't have to pull me, you know. I'm coming,” Anna said as Keyoko let go of her arm. Keyoko laughed and said, “I'm sorry, pal. I'm just really hungry all of the sudden.”