Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Ch. 3: New Friends ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 3 (New Friends)
They took the elevator down to the first floor because they didn't feel like walking. Once they got out, they walked towards the cafeteria. They pushed aside the heavy glass doors, and entered an enormous colorful room full of endless tables and chairs. Keyoko and Anna found the lunch line and got into it. The lunch consisted of chicken patty sandwiches, mashed potatoes, and green beans. After they got out of the line, the two girls stood gazing outward in search of an empty table. They eventually spotted a table with only two people at it and decided that was good enough. As they walked towards it, they noticed that the people at the table were two males engaged in a conversation. One with blood-red hair, and another with grey hair in the front and black hair in the back.
Keyoko tapped the red-haired one on the shoulder and asked, “Do you guys mind if we sit here?” The boy stopped talking and looked up at her with icy blue eyes. It was as though Keyoko was frozen to the spot, until he said, “Sure. We don't mind. Do we, Kai?” The boy with the grey hair shrugged.
Anna and Keyoko sat down. The boys then continued their conversation. Keyoko and Anna remained silent for a while. Keyoko could help but stare at the guy with the red hair and icy blue eyes. Anna too found herself staring, but it was at the guy with the grey and black hair and shining silver eyes. It was as though the girls were in a trance.
“What are you guys looking at?” the guy with the grey hair asked. This snapped them to attention. Anna quickly replied, “I'm sorry. We were just daydreaming. By the way, I don't think that we've been properly introduced. I'm Anna, and this is Keyoko.” She pointed to Keyoko. The red-haired boy then said, “I'm Tala, and this is Kai.” He pointed at the grey-haired kid. “Nice to meet you guys,” Keyoko replied pleasantly. “Sorry. I didn't mean to sound rude just now. I was just kind of creeped out by all the staring,” Kai said to Anna, giving her an apologetic look. “That's alright,” Anna said while blushing and looking down. “We know you guys didn't mean any harm. Right?” Tala said while winking at Keyoko. She too blushed and turned away.
Once the bell rang to signal the end of second lunch, Keyoko said, “I hope that all of us have some classes together tomorrow. That way we can get to know everyone better.” Tala smiled and said, “I'd like that.”