Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Ch. 6: Inside a Boy's Mind ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 6 (Inside a boy's mind)
(Kai and Tala's dorm)
Tala was sitting on his bed reading one of his favorite fantasy novels. Kai was also sitting on his bed, but he was looking out the window instead, watching the sun set. Tala looked up from his book and asked, “Lost in your thoughts again, Kai? What are you thinking about?” Kai turned his head away and said coldly, “That's none of your business.” Tala shrugged and said, “Calm down. I was just wondering. Whenever you have that look, you're usually thinking quite a bit about something.” Kai remained silent. Tala smiled at him and said, “You're not thinking about that girl that was staring at you today, Anna. Are you?”
Kai frowned and asked, “What makes you think that?” Tala put his book down and began staring at the ceiling. “I don't know. I just that I keep thinking about the girl with the golden eyes, Keyoko. I've never seen eyes like that before. Hers are just so… different,” Tala said in a distant voice. Kai gave him a small smile and said, “You think she's pretty, don't you?” Tala turned red and quickly said, “I never said that. It's just that her eyes are really unique and … oh forget it.” Tala looked at Kai and asked, “Why? You're just asking because you think Anna's pretty, don't you?” Kai shrugged and said, “She's cute, I'll admit it. And I do like her eyes. But I'd like to get to know her better before I start judging her.” Tala got angry and yelled, “I'm not judging either of them!” Kai returned his gaze to the window and said, “I never said that you were. I just think that it's strange that we're thinking about the same things. Like you said, those girls are just… different. I can sense it.” Tala looked back at the ceiling and thought aloud, “I wonder if they Beyblade. I could use a new opponent.” Kai replied without turning his head, “I guess the answer to that question will come tomorrow when we ask them.”