Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Ch. 15: Let It Rip Again ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 15(Let It Rip Again)
After class, Tala said to Keyoko, “Don't forget. After you've gone to your room, meet me and Kai on the roof.” Keyoko smiled and said, “I'd never forget.” Keyoko then got on the elevator. She pushed the “3” button and waited.
Once the doors opened, she got out and walked to the door marked “323” and pulled out her key. She opened the door to see Anna already there. Anna said, “I'm already ready, so I decided to wait for you.” She was holding Dracolean and two other blades that she didn't recognize. One was red with yellow stripes, and the other one was green with white streaks. Keyoko smiled and said, “That was nice of you.”
Keyoko grabbed her bag and began rummaging through it. She pulled out Spirit Dranzer, Sheikrazei (a purple blade with blue stripes), Maudracon (a black blade with white streaks), her favorite launcher, and her ripcord. She grabbed them and said, “I'm ready. Those boys are going down.”
Anna and Keyoko left the room and headed to the stairs that led to the roof. When they got there, Kai and Tala were already there. Kai was staring at the sky as though in deep thought. Tala had brought his book as though he'd be waiting a long time. He looked up and said, “Wow. You guys are fast.” Kai turned around and said, “I'm glad that you guys could make it. But before we battle, Tala wants to explain a different aspect of the battle.” Tala cleared his throat and said, “Yes. The reason we asked you guys to bring more than one blade, is because whoever wins their battle gets a blade as a reward. I've been experimenting on Dranzer and Wolborg, and I've managed to make a Demon Dranzer and a Crystal Wolborg. If you guys beat us, you get them. But if we win, we get one of you guys' blades. Deal?”
Keyoko replied, “Deal. If you win, you can have my Sheikrazei. He's one of my best blades.” Anna nodded and said, “I'm in too. You can have Monocrolian; he's one of my best, too.” Tala clapped his hands and said, “The deal is sealed. Now we fight. To decide who fights who, I have four straws in my hand. Two are long and two are short. Pick one.” Anna, Keyoko, and Kai pulled a straw. Tala and Keyoko had the two short straws, while Anna and Kai had the two long straws.
Kai looked at Anna and said, “I look forward to battling you.” Anna nodded and said, “Me too.” Tala said, “Kai, if you don't mind, I'd like to fight first.” Kai shrugged and said, “Knock yourself out.” Tala got his game face on and said to Keyoko, “It's just you and me. Get ready.”
He pulled out his launcher as did Keyoko. “3, 2, 1, Let It Rip!” Tala shouted as he launched Wolborg. Keyoko launched Spirit Dranzer. Their blades collided in midair and landed in the beystadium that had been there since they had come on the roof. The blades were circling each other. Wolborg shot towards Spirit Dranzer who dodged it easily. For most of the battle, Wolborg was in offense while Spirit Dranzer remained in defense. Tala shouted, “Wolborg, Blizzard Attack!” Instantly, ice-sickles shot towards Spirit Dranzer as Keyoko shouted, “Spirit Shield!” A shining silver shield jumped up in front of Spirit Dranzer. The instant the ice-sickles hit the shield, they shattered into countless pieces. Keyoko shouted, “Spirit Fire Storm!” Transparent fire began swirling around her blade. “Finish him off, Spirit Dranzer!” Keyoko yelled. Spirit Dranzer shot towards Wolborg, grinding against him furiously. Wolborg was pushed further and further to the edge. Finally, Spirit Dranzer gave a good hard push, and Wolborg went sailing out of the stadium.
It landed with a clink. Tala stood there with a look of shock on his face. He bent down and picked up Wolborg, as Spirit Dranzer flew into Keyoko's hand. Tala put Wolborg away and pulled out a translucent blue blade that sparked in the sun. He handed it to Keyoko and said, “I can't believe you beat me. But a promise is a promise. Take good care of Crystal Wolborg.” Keyoko took it, but was speechless. She half expected Tala to be joking about the whole “Crystal Wolborg” thing, but here it was. Keyoko gave Tala a hug and said, “Thank you so much. I'll treasure it forever.” Tala blushed and said, “Okay, you're welcome. Let's give Anna and Kai a chance to fight now.” Keyoko let go of Tala while Kai and Anna walked toward the stadium.
“Good luck,” Keyoko said to Anna. Anna nodded and said, “You ready? Kai nodded and said, “Always.” “3, 2, 1, Let It Rip!” Anna shouted as she launched Dracolean. Kai launched Dranzer. They also collided in midair and landed in the stadium. The two blades shot towards each other and ground against each other furiously.
For about five minutes, the battle remained pretty much even. “Fire Arrows!” Kai shouted as flaming feathers shot toward Dracolean. “Dark Mist Barrier!” Anna shouted as a blackish blue mist surrounded Dracolean. The feathers dissolved once they hit the mist. Anna then yelled, “Torrent of Death!” The mist swirled into a tornado as Dracolean shot towards Dranzer. Dranzer got pushed closer and closer to the edge. “Finnish Him Dracolean!” Anna yelled as Dracolean made the final blow. Dranzer flew out of the dish and landed at Kai's feet, while Dracolean flew into Anna's hand.
Kai looked frustrated s he picked up Dranzer. He said, “Wow. You're really good. I didn't expect to lose.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a purple and black blade. He handed it to Anna and said, “You girls have a lot of talent. Here, take care of Demon Dranzer. You know, I bet you guys could even hold your own if you guys ever entered the world championship matches.” Anna blushed as she said, “Thank you. I'll take care of it as though it's made of pure gold. Thank you.” Tala looked up and said, “You guys have only yourselves to thank. We're just fulfilling our promises. But don't think that we're satisfied. We want rematches sometime soon, but we'll decide later. It's starting to get dark, so we should probably head to our dorms.”
They went downstairs and separated, each pair heading to their dorms. A few minutes later, Keyoko and Anna walked into their room and closed the door. They looked at the clock which read, “8:08.” Anna sighed with relief and said, “Just in time.” Keyoko sat down on her bed and put her equipment away as did Anna. Keyoko stared at the ceiling and said, “I haven't had a battle that fun in a long time. He was a worthy opponent, though.” Anna nodded and said, “Yeah, I hope we can battle them again soon.”
(Kai and Tala's dorm)
Tala was busy working on his laptop studying some data on Crystal Wolborg. Kai was busy drawing a picture of a viscous phoenix. Tala said, without looking up, “It's a good thing that I still have the data for Demon Dranzer and Crystal Wolborg. I can always make them again during the summer. I still can't believe they beat us though.” Kai remained silent. Tala then smiled mischievously and said, “Those girls beat us pretty hard. That kinda makes them more attractive, don't you think?” Kai turned red and yelled, “Is that all you ever think about?!” Tala retained his smile and said, “Calm down. I think about other stuff, too. I just think that you could show your emotions a little better.” Kai frowned, remained silent, and went back to his drawing.
Tala said, “Don't be angry, Kai. I'll cheer you up. How about I work on data for an advanced version of Dranzer. Say, Sapphire Dranzer?” Kai shrugged and said, “Whatever, as long as you don't annoy me.” Tala put on a face of mock surprise and remarked, “Kai? I'm hurt. To think that I could be annoying.” Kai smiled and said, “You have your moments.”
Silence dominated the room for the next twenty minutes. During that time, Tala worked on his laptop. Sometimes he'd work on the data, other times he find anime pictures. He secretly was obsessed with anime. Kai spent his time drawing, but was also deep in thought. He kept thinking about his battle with Anna. Usually battles were very aggressive and competitive for him. Whenever he'd lose, he'd get bitter and stalk off to train even harder. But this battle was different. Sure he'd tried really hard, but he hadn't been bitter this time. He couldn't be. There was just something about Anna that kept him from being mad at her. But he wasn't sure what.