Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Ch. 19: The Walk ( Chapter 19 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 19(The “Walk”)
Kai, without turning his head, said, “We knew you'd see us.” Tala turned around and said, “That was great what you guys did to Tyson. We saw you guys turn invisible and jump into that tree. We watched Tyson fly out of the tree and flee like a cockroach. It was hilarious.” Kai stood up and said, “Hey, we were just about to take a walk. Do you guys want to come with?” Anna, without hesitating, said, “Sure. We'd love to.” Tala then timidly said, “Well, actually. I was wonder if I could take Keyoko to see the really awesome tree that I found yesterday.” Anna said, “Sure, we don't mind. It'll just be you and me Kai.” Before Kai could object, Anna grabbed his arm and said, “Sonic demon sound jutsu.” The two of them disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Keyoko grabbed Tala's arm and said, “Sonic spirit jutsu.” They too disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
Anna and Kai appeared on the walking trail that led into the forest that bordered one side of the school. Even though it was still bright outside, as they approached the forest, it got darker by the minute. Neither of them showed any fear as they entered the forest. At first they remained silent, but then Kai broke the silence by saying, “It's pretty out here, isn't it?” Anna nodded. Kai looked up at the tree tops blocking out most of the sun. He then said, “In a way, it's kinda nice to get away from everything. Heck, even Tala can be annoying.” Anna agreed by saying, “Yeah, It's always good to get away. Especially from Tyson.”
Kai gave a small smile and said, “I've known Tyson ever since I was younger. I can hardly think of a time when he's not being a pest or trying to show off. But you guys have only just met him. How'd you guys know that he deserved to be pranked?” Anna smiled and said, “We know these things.” Kai shrugged and said, “Oh, well. It doesn't matter.”
Eventually they walked past a creek. Kai instantly stopped walking. He again was deep in thought. Anna timidly asked, “What's wrong, Kai?” Kai shook his head and said, “It's nothing. This just brings back memories, is all.” Anna nodded and decided that it was best not to bug him further. They then continued their walk. After a few minutes, Kai stopped walking again and looked up at the tallest tree in the forest. It must have been over 100 years old. Kai turned to Anna and said, “Do you think that you could poof us at the top of this tree?” Anna nodded and grabbed his arm. “Sonic demon sound jutsu,” Anna said as the two of them disappeared in a cloud of smoke.
Two seconds later, they found themselves leaning against the top of the tree and sitting on a branch as wide as a car. Kai was in awe at the view before him. It was as though they could see heaven. Kai looked at Anna and said, “It's so good to get away. Especially with you.” Anna blushed and looked down. Kai gently put his hand under her chin and raised her head, locking their eyes. “Don't hide that pretty face from me,” Kai said as he leaned in and kissed her. She softly kissed him back, enjoying every minute of it. For them, it seemed as though the kiss lasted an eternity.