Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Ch. 26: Ninja 101 ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 26 (Ninja 101)
Anna and Keyoko then told the boys all about what they'd heard. Afterwards, Kai stood up angrily and said, “I've dealt with these creeps before. I and the rest of the team beat their cyber-imitations before, and we'll do it again.” Keyoko too stood up and said, “But remember. We have to be smart about this. No barging in. Also, they might actually have something unbeatable this time. We have to sneak in and sabotage them before they finish.” Anna nodded and said, “Yeah, but don't worry. You guys can help. We don't have a lot of time, but we can teach you guys some vital jutsus.”
Tala got excited and said, “Awesome! Now we'll be on our way to becoming ninjas like you guys.” Keyoko smiled and said, “But remember it'll be a lot of hard work. But since we're jounin, we can teach you advanced stuff that most chunin couldn't teach you. If there wasn't a crisis at hand, we'd teach you guys everything we know. But for now, just the necessities for the plan. Let's get started.”
Anna grabbed Kai's arm, did a few hand signs, and said, “Sound Demon Transfer.” Then, the two of them disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Keyoko did the same to Tala as she said, “Waterfall Spirit Transfer.” They too disappeared. The quartet then reappeared outside of the forest. The girls let go of the boys as Kai said, “So, let's get started.” Keyoko grinned and said, “Okay, the first things you guys need to learn are the hand signs. You can't focus your charka without them. Try this.” She and Anna then did a series of three hand signs. Kai and Tala did them easily. “Good, now focus your charka. In case you don't know how, just concentrate intensely on an area of your body. Try your hands,” Anna said.
Kai and Tala closed their eyes and focused. After a few seconds, Kai's hands began to glow red and Tala's hands began to glow blue. Keyoko smiled and said, “Great, you guys are fast learners. Now take your hands and hit that tree.” She pointed to the closest tree near them. The boys slowly walked to the tree. Kai lifted his hand and swiped it against the tree. The spot where he did that exploded in fire. Tala then lifted his hand and swiped the fire. The fire froze instantly and fell to the ground. The spot where the fire had previously been now showed a long and jagged gash about a foot deep in the tree.
Anna and Keyoko cheered. Anna then said, “You guys are pretty good. Now, let's try invisibility jutsus. Since you guys are good at focusing, this shouldn't be too hard.” Keyoko nodded and said, “I'll explain. Refocus your charka, but you'll have to do it a little differently this time. Instead of focusing on a part of your body, you have to focus on your surroundings. Release some charka into the air. If you release enough, you'll turn invisible. Try it.”
Kai and Tala closed their eyes and performed the hand signs that were shown to them. They concentrated for several minutes, but the furthest either of them could get was to flicker their visibility a bit. Anna smiled sympathetically and said, “It's alright guys, you'll probably get it in a few days. Most people can't even alter their visibility on their first try. You guys must have a lot of charka. Just keep trying later. Now, let's try teleportation. Concentrate on the area that you want to appear at, but keep your charka balanced.”
Tala and Kai closed their eyes and did the hand signs that the girls had showed them. Then, Kai disappeared in a cloud of smoke, and reappeared on the branch of the nearest tree. But when Tala disappeared, he didn't reappear. Everyone looked around in confusion. Suddenly, Tala's hand popped out of the ground and grabbed Keyoko's ankle. She jumped up and screamed as Tala began digging himself out of the ground. After he'd dug a formidable hole, he pulled himself out while laughing.
Everyone else laughed as well. Tala then said while smiling evilly, “I couldn't help trying to teleport underground, and when it worked, I had to scare someone.” Kai then jumped down from the branch and rejoined everyone. Keyoko shook her head and said, “I can't believe how well you guys did. Successful on your first try. But Tala.” She faced him with a serious look on her face. “Ninjas who attempt underground teleportations, often end up teleporting too deep and suffocating. But I'm surprised that you were successful. But please, don't try it again unless you absolutely have to.”
Tala looked down embarrassed and said, “I'm sorry, Keyoko. I didn't realize you were so worried about me.” Keyoko turned red and said timidly, “It's not that. Just … don't kill yourself, okay?”