Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Anna's Search ( Chapter 30 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 30(Anna's Search)
Anna leapt from tree to tree; searching. Her eyes were as keen as a wolf, so she figured she'd toy with Kai a bit when she found him. She then saw what appeared to be broken twigs and matted grass; a sign that someone had passed through not long ago. She leapt to another tree and listened; still no sounds of Kai. Anna leapt down and began creeping slowly through the forest.
After about eight minutes, Anna walked passed an unusually-shaped tree. The tree overall resembled a smiley face. She would've continued walking, but she sensed that someone was near. She knew it had to be Kai. Then, she walked seemingly unaware around the tree while looking up at the sky. She then heard the slightest sound of movement not far from her position. She took two more steps, then, tackled the invisible person behind her. Once she did, a cloud of smoke appeared to reveal Kai. The force of Anna's tackle had sent them both to the ground.
Anna smiled and said, “You lose. But you almost had me there.” Kai smiled and asked, “How could I've lost? I've got you as my prize.” Anna blushed and realized that she and Kai were still on the ground, and by the looks of it, in an awkward position. She started to get up, but Kai stopped her. “Don't go yet. You get a prize now.” He then leaned up, gently putting his hand on the side of her face, and kissed her. Anna kissed him back. She was going to tell him that they needed to train more, but at the moment, nothing else seemed to matter. `I wonder how many times he's going to keep planning this kind of thing,' Anna thought to herself. They stopped after a few minutes and Kai stood up. “Well, we'd better head back to see how Keyoko and Tala did. I'll be mad if Tala did any better than me,” Kai said. Anna laughed as the two of them made their way back on the path towards the school.