Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ The Search for Tala ( Chapter 31 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 31(The Search for Tala)
Keyoko stalked around the trees; doing her best to be silent. She walked in a crooked pattern so that she could observe each tree. She could distinctively see signs that someone had passed through not long ago. She leapt into the nearest tree and continued her search. After about seven and a half minutes, Keyoko stood completely still. She closed her eyes and heard a faint rustle. `There he is,' she thought. She jumped down from the tree and slowly crept towards the initial sound. She inspected a few nearby trees, but found nothing.
But the next tree she inspected, she sensed a presence right away. She then walked cautiously around the tree. Before she'd encircled the tree completely, invisible arms grabbed her from behind. Keyoko elbowed the person grabbing her as a cloud of smoke appeared. The smoke revealed Tala with his arms around Keyoko. By the time Keyoko had realized that it was him, she was already beet red. Tala was smirking as he said, “I know it hasn't been ten minutes yet, but I couldn't resist.” Keyoko smiled, grabbed him from behind, and flipped him over her head. He almost fell, but he twisted his body and landed on his feet at the last minute.
He smiled and remarked, “Trying to kill me, eh? You can do better.” Keyoko, while retaining her smile, ran at him with lightning speed and full-on tackled him. The tackle was so strong that they both fell to the ground. “How's that for better?” she asked. Tala smiled mischievously and said, “You can still do better.”
He leaned up, slowly and gently pushing her lower, and kissed her. She, though surprised, softly kissed him back. `I bet he planned this all along. He knew that we'd be alone once I found him. Oh well, who's complaining?' Keyoko thought. When they were done, Tala stood up and said, “Alright, we should probably head back. Those guys are probably waiting for us. At least I hope they are. It'll crush me if Kai held out longer then me.” Keyoko smiled and also stood up. But she couldn't help wondering if Anna had experienced a similar reaction from Kai when she'd found him.