Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ What The ( Chapter 32 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 32 (What the?!)
A few minutes later, the two pairs met back the path's beginning. Kai had put his arm around Anna's shoulder on the way back, while Tala and Keyoko had held hands. When the two groups saw each other, they all had a pretty good idea what had gone on. There was a momentary silence, until it was broken by Anna. “So Keyoko, how'd Tala do? Kai got close; he was just a couple minutes short.” Keyoko smiled and replied, “Tala did about the same. He was only a few minutes short.” Kai frowned mockingly and said, “Yeah, but think about it guys. You tow are ninjas, so I'm sure that your senses are ten times better than most peoples'. Besides, we're only dealing with scientists that we've beaten before.” Tala nodded in agreement and added, “Yeah, and we got close. Come on guys. We deserve some credit.”
Keyoko looked accusingly at him and said, “Oh, I'm sure you've gotten plenty of credit. Not to mention, you probably could've lasted longer if you didn't insist on playing games.” Tala smirked at her and said, “Oh, but you like the games, don't you?” Keyoko immediately turned red and looked away.
Kai looked accusingly at Anna and said, “He's not the only one playing games.” Anna turned red and said defiantly, “Oh, but you took it another way. All I planned to do way to tackle you; nothing more.” Kai smiled and skeptically said, “Sure you were.” Then, Tala looked up at the sun and said, “Hmm, judging by the position of the sun, I'd say it's about dinnertime.” Keyoko smiled at him and teasingly said, “Since when have you been such an astrology nerd?” Tala smiled and said, “I know these things.” Anna then turned to the group and said, “Okay, if Tala's right, then we need to get back to the school. The fastest way would be to teleport. Since you boys are still in training, you'll teleport us to the deserted hall not far from the cafeteria.” The boys nodded as Kai grabbed Anna's arm and Tala grabbed Keyoko's arm. They did the hand signs, and the group disappeared in a giant cloud of smoke.
The four of them reappeared in the abandoned hall right next to the entrance. The four friends walked out of it, then walked into the cafeteria. Tonight's dinner was lasagna and breadsticks. After they'd gotten their food, they sat down at their usual table and began eating. After a few minutes of silence, Keyoko asked Anna, “Hey, Anna. I know the boys didn't last as long as they were supposed to, but we can still pass them, right?” Anna shrugged. “I guess we have to. No one else could've mastered those jutsus as quickly and as accurately as they have,” Anna replied. Kai smiled and asked, “So, when do we start?” Keyoko and Anna both thought for a minute. Then, they huddled and discussed it.
After a few minutes, they turned to the boys. “We have a plan worked out,” Keyoko said. “Meet us in our room after dinner so that we can discuss it with you guys,” Anna added. Just then, Tala stood up and said, “Hang on, guys. I forgot to get a fork. I'll be right back.” He walked back to the line to the silverware holder. He grabbed a fork, but didn't go back to the table. Instead, he stood looking at something with a shocked look on his face. A few seconds later, he rushed back to the table and sat down.
Keyoko turned to him and asked, “What's wrong? You look as though you've seen a ghost.” Tala, still shocked looking, pointed to a table three tables away. “Look over there, but you're not gonna believe it.” All of them turned their eyes to the table. At that table sat two people; a boy and a girl. The boy was unmistakably Tyson, but the girl didn't come to mind for the girls. She had shoulder-length brown hair and ruby eyes. What had shocked Tala so badly soon became clear. The two of them were feeding each other!