Beyblade Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Of Blades and Hearts ❯ Commence Operation Destruction ( Chapter 35 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ch. 35(Commence Operation Destruction)
Monday, the next morning
The four friends met in front of the elevator at seven. At this time, the lunch ladies were just now setting up breakfast, so it wouldn't seem so strange that the four of them were already up. They all had their game faces on, and looked ready for anything. They took the elevator to the first floor, and walked into the hallway with the strange tile. Anna lifted it up to reveal the secret ladder downwards. Then, they began to descend one-by-one. The last one on the ladder replaced to tile as the floor resized itself to hold the tile in place.
Once the four of them had reached the bottom, they didn't go any farther. Up ahead was a lone camera. The scientists had suspected intruders, but they weren't sure if it was necessary to install more than one camera. They decided that one would be enough, just to be on the safe side. The four friends huddled. “I guess we're gonna have to turn invisible now due to the camera. But to save chakra being wasted by walking, Anna and I will just teleport you guys with us to the pipe. It's kinda long way anyway,” Keyoko said. Anna then added, “From there, we'll just finish the procedure as planned.” The boys nodded as the four of them turned invisible. Then, the girls grabbed the boys' arms and did the teleportation hand signs.
The four of them reappeared on top of the big pipe where Anna and Keyoko had originally spied on the scientists. After a few seconds, the girls whispered to the boys, “Okay, guys. We're gonna do the lightning jutsus now. Right after we do them, you guys launch your blades. Here we go.” The girls performed their hand signs very quickly. “Sound lightning of Despair,” Anna whispered as purple lightning shot from her hands. “Waterfall Lightning Torrent,” Keyoko whispered as her hands emitted blue lightning. The lightning hit the closest computer with a thud as it began to spread to every computer. Then, the lightning hit the power box and shut off the lights. Confusion broke out below as the scientists tried to figure out what was going on.
Then, Kai and Tala launched their blades. The blades raced across the computers with unimaginable speed; cutting enormous gashes as they went by. Finally, after every computer was destroyed, the blades jumped back into the boys' hands. The four friends quickly teleported away in a cloud of smoke; satisfied that they'd done their job.
From below, Dr. B was tearing out his hair. “Who could've done this?” he demanded. “You there, how much data did we lose?” he asked a nearby scientist. The scientist replied, “Well, sir. We saved the original data earlier on the disks that we gave you. We had copies of the data that we were using today, and we almost perfected them, but they're lost now. Although, we still have the experimental prototypes. We can't perfect it, but it has a 65% chance of success.” Dr. B pounded the nearest computer. “I guess we have no other choice. At least the transfer tubes are still in tact as well. Run the prototypes tomorrow. If they are indeed successful, then we'll unleash them on the city. Whoever tried to stop us didn't foil us completely,” he said.
The four friends reappeared above the secret tile. They quickly made their way towards the cafeteria and got breakfast. It was still early, but not too early, so there were plenty of people already there. They were so relieved that they weren't caught, that they didn't talk on the way to the cafeteria. For the rest of the day, everyone else in the school had a normal day; oblivious to what had occurred right beneath them. As a matter of fact, a seemingly normal week went by as well.