Beyblade Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Beyblade Series 1: Reloaded ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 1 is up! This is Chapter 2. I just hope I manage to erase the majority of my plot holes though.
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts, flashbacks and mental conversations.
 
Warning: Includes major Mariah bashing!
 
Disclaimers: Sailor Moon and Beyblade won't be mine, even if I'm in my grave.
 
Chapter 2: Looks Who's Back In Town
 
Chapter summary: Anhara and the Mystics meet up with the Bladebreakers. Be careful, Mariah, your baby sister is back and she isn't going down without a fight.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
“Hey Cap, watcha thinking?” a cheerful voice asked.
 
“Minah, shut up and back off!” Anhara warned, revealing her fangs.
 
The brunette rose both hands in mock surrender.
 
“Hey, hey, I was just asking.” she replied.
 
Anhara's glare intensified.
 
“Fine, I'll just go and play with the kiddies.” Minah muttered, back off.
 
Left alone, Anhara begun contemplating on her past.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
Flashback
 
`There she goes again', Anhara thought, twitching visibly.
 
Mariah. She was the bane of her existence. Mariah had beauty, (Anhara had to puke.) she had brains (Yeah right. Anhara thought. I'm way smarter than her.), she had attitude (Right, like the ones that could land her dead), and Mariah was almost better than she in everything was. The keyword was `almost', because the only one thing made Anhara stand out from Mariah's shadow was Beyblading.
 
The girl was particularly good at it. Much better than her `beautiful, smart' twin.
 
"Hey! Aren't you Mariah's sister! You're so lucky to have such a great sister like her!" one of Mariah's stupid friends piped, overly hyper.
 
Anhara had plastered a fake smile on her face while mentally shredding her and Mariah into atoms. The smile turned into an evil smirk. Too bad Mariah's friend ran off to who knows where.
 
Turning the corner sharply, she crashed into Mariah. She cursed mentally for running into her.
 
"Hello dear little sister," she drawled slightly, breaking into a cat like smirk. The younger twin glared.
 
"Let's settle our nice `dispute' outside. Now," Anhara growled picking up her beyblade.
 
Mariah gave a nonchalant shrug along with a look that said "I-can-beat-you-blindfolded-and-with-two-hands-behind-my-back".
 
Anhara growled.
 
The two twins picked up their launchers and beyblades. The silence between the two was intense and was broke with a happy chirp.
 
Anhara scowled and turned around.
 
"KEVIN!" the two girls yelled. Kevin glanced around.
 
"What! Wait-a beybattle! WOHOO! This would be cooler if there was bitbeasts though.
 
Hey Gary! Get the others! It's gonna be a beybattle between Mariah and-uh…what's your name?" he asked.
 
Anhara glared menacingly.
 
What my name is isn't any of your concern!” she snapped.
 
Kevin looked at her in a mixture of surprise and annoyance.
 
"Sheesh. Didn't have to bite my head off-Hey Ray and Lee!" Kevin grinned mischievously as the others arrived.
 
"There's a beybattle around here right?" Lee asked. Kevin rolled his eyes and gestured to
 
Anhara and Mariah who was looking slightly peeved for being left out during the
conversation.
 
"It's between Mariah and…uh…what's your name?" Ray asked.
 
Anhara had a vein pulsing, but she kept her cool
 
"Can we get to the battle already?" Mariah asked, pretty annoyed already.
 
Anhara smirked as she prepared to launch.
 
"Let it rip!" Mariah yelled.
 
Anhara's blade clashed violently against Mariah's who was fighting against the blue-haired girl's desperately.
 
Pathetic attempt.” Anhara muttered, just as her blade knocked Mariah's blade out, making it soar out and clatter at her feet.
 
Mariah looked shocked and surprised.
 
Anhara smirked, “Like I said, pathetic.”
 
But how…” Mariah was stunned.
 
Practice makes perfect, sister dearest.” Anhara answered, hissing out the last two words.
 
Unlike you, I've been training for quite a while.” She added, strolling off.
 
Why you…” Mariah had snapped out of her stupor and stormed over to Anhara.
 
As if anticipating what she was about to do, Anhara turned around and caught Mariah's flying punch in mid-air.
 
Back off or I'll break it.” The blue-haired girl hissed.
 
You won't dare.” Mariah answered.
 
With a deep frown, Anhara masterfully twisted Mariah's arm back. Then, she applied more pressure, effectively snapping Mariah's arm.
 
Yes I do.” Anhara answered, with a devious smirk. Dusting invisible dust off her hands, the younger twin walked off.
 
Mariah was left crying in pain, with Ray and Kelvin comforted her.
 
"I'm sick of this," Anhara muttered, as she walked off.
 
"I'm sick of being left behind and forgotten. I'm gonna leave."
 
Finally decided, Anhara headed the direction out of the village.
 
Good-bye everyone and most off all, good-bye dearest twin." She whispered, hissing out the last two words.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
“Dana, Minah, Felix, get your butts down here right now!” Anhara shouted, hours later.
 
“Coming Cap!” came the unison chorus.
 
Anhara shook her head in resignation. Why did Dr P assign her to lead the backup team of the Mystics? She was the team captain of the real Mystics for crying out loud!
 
Seconds later, the three assembled before the blue-haired team captain.
 
“Yo cap, what's up?” the ever-hyper Felix asked.
 
Tossing an envelope to the fox-like girl, Anhara answered, “Dr P's orders just arrived. Read it yourself.”
 
At that, Minah and Dana crowded behind Felix's shoulder.
 
“Whoa, we're battling the White Tigers?” Minah questioned.
 
“Revenge at hand, cap?” Dana teased.
 
Anhara smirked and nodded, before adding, “Pack your things ladies. We're going to Hong Kong.”
 
Three hours later, the four girls were on the plane, heading to Hong Kong. Anhara was giving last-minute instructions.
 
“Remember what Dr P trained us to do, girls. Failure isn't an option.” She reminded them sternly.
 
“Understood Captain.” The three chorused a battle gleam in their eyes.
 
Anhara smirked, although the three tended to be playful most of the time, they would get serious when the situation called for it.
 
“Ready Shadow?” Anhara whispered. The bit-chip on her midnight beyblade glowed an inky black.
 
Upon arrival in Hong Kong, Mr. Dickerson was at the airport, welcoming the `team'.
 
“The Mystics, I presume?” he inquired.
 
Anhara nodded, “The backup team actually.” She added.
 
“Ah, Dr P had spoken to me about you ladies. It's a pleasure to finally meet the World Champions.” He replied, offering a handshake.
 
“Former World Champions, Mr. Dickerson.” Anhara corrected, returning his gesture. “The Mystics are kinda of `retired' from Beyblading.”
 
“A pity, really.” Mr. Dickerson sighed in remorse.
 
“From Dr P's email, you have a team don't you Mr. Dickerson?” Dana asked.
 
“Ah, I almost forgot. Boys, please introduce yourselves.” He added, stepping aside to reveal the Beybreakers.
 
The girls were soon introduced to Kai, Tyson, Max, Kenny and Ray.
 
On the bus, Minah was having a glaring contest with Kai. Felix was messing around with Max, much to Kenny's annoyance. Dana was chatting with Ray. Anhara sighed in resignation.
 
Then, Anhara's senses went on high alert. At the same time, Minah stopped what she was doing as she too felt the same thing.
 
Her eyes focused on Anhara. The said girl turned back and the pair nodded simultaneously.
 
That jerkass is here. Came the unison thought.
 
The four boys, minus Kai, looked at each other in puzzlement.
 
Upon arrival at the village, Anhara alighted from the bus and headed for the temporary dorm, with the three girls behind her.
 
Once they left, Tyson broke the silence.
 
"Okay is it just me, or are those girls really weird?”
 
Everyone, minus Kai, nodded in agreement.
 
Just then, Kenny interjected.
 
“Only the one in blue hair is the real team captain of the real Mystics team. The other three
are the Mystics backup team.”
 
Kai nodded as he digested the new information.
 
Interesting. Very interesting.
 
Ray frowned as he watched the four girls walk off. Training his glance at the blue-haired girl, he felt he knew her from somewhere.
 
In their dorm, the four females unpacked their bags that had appeared from nowhere.
 
Unknownst to all, all four were Sailor Senshi. However, only Anhara was a planetary
Senshi, the other three were constellation Senshi.
 
The constellation Senshi was basically the clean-up crew of the planetary Senshi. What they did was simply wipe out the remaining monsters the bad guys left behind.
 
Minah was Sailor Gemini, Dana was Sailor Sagittarius and Felix was Sailor Aquarius. From their Senshi names, it was easy to guess what bitbeasts they had.
 
“Take a break girls.” Anhara ordered. “We begin training in half an hours' time.”
 
“Yes Cap!” the three girls answered and took off.
 
Anhara smiled at the three retreating backs. So far, so good, nobody in the village recognized her.
 
After half an hour, the three girls returned, with bags of shopping.
 
Anhara quirked a brow.
 
“The three of you do realize that it will be taxing on your credits.” She said calmly.
 
“Learnt it from Venus-sama.” Dana shrugged.
 
Anhara sighed. Note to self: kill Minako once I get back.
 
“Training ladies.” Anhara snapped, heading for the door.
 
“Yes Cap!” came the unified answer.
 
At the Beydish, Anhara stood on the sidelines as Dana and Felix battled.
 
“Centurius, Archer's Shot!” Dana cried out.
 
“Oh no you don't! Aquarius, Flood Gates!” Felix yelled.
 
Just then, a midnight blue blade entered the Beydish, slamming both blades back to their mistresses' hands.
 
“Ladies, what did Dr P say about going into offensive this early?” Anhara demanded, with a stony glare in her eyes.
 
“Erm, don't?” Felix guessed.
 
“Correct.” The team captain answered.
 
Minah sighed.
 
“Your team Minah, needs some more training.” Anhara hissed at the real team captain of the backup team.
 
“I agree.” The blonde nodded.
 
“And ladies, we have a snoop.” Dana announced, dragging Kelvin out.
 
“Hello Kelvin.” Anhara greeted coldly.
 
The green-haired White Tiger blinked.
 
“How do you know me?” he asked.
 
“Remember this?” Anhara questioned, firing an ice shard at him, missing the shorter White Tiger.
 
Kelvin's eyes widened in recognition.
 
“The… the ice wretch!” he exclaimed, taking off.
 
Anhara smirked.
 
The other three raised an eyebrow.
 
“Captain, the White Tigers, they'll know you're here!” Felix exclaimed.
 
Anhara smirked, “I know. I want them to.”
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
The next day, the tournament officially begun.
 
The match that determined which team went into the semi-finals: the White Tigers' against Indonesian team.
 
In the audience, the Mystics watched the match below.
 
After Lee's win, Anhara asked, “So what do you think ladies?”
 
“Piece of cake.” Minah answered.
 
“Are they really this bad?” Felix asked, unbelievingly.
 
“We'll trash them.” Dana replied, snickering.
 
Anhara smirked, “Thought so.”
 
One hour later, it was the Mystics against the White Tigers.
 
First round, Felix against Kelvin.
 
“Galman, Crazy Monkey Attack!” Kelvin cried.
 
“Aquarius, Flood Gates!” Felix went for an all-slaught attack.
 
The water dolphin unleashed a torrent of water, washing Kelvin's blade into his hand.
 
“All washed up.” Felix commented, snickering.
 
"I'm going next," Mariah announced with a cocky smirk, "Who's going against me?" Dana growled and stepped forward but Anhara held a hand in front of her.
 
“Captain?" she asked.
 
"I have a score to settle," Anhara growled and stepped forward.
 
"I will." Anhara answered, snorting in disgust when she noted that Mariah was dressed in pink from head to toe. Hell, even her ripcord was pink!
 
"Let it rip!" DJ shouted over his microphone.
 
Anhara immediately began an all-slaught attack, as her blade clashed against Mariah's blade savagely.
 
Mariah eyes widened and started attacking and tried to dodge the midnight blue blade's heavy barrage. Her eyes widened even more as she tried to recall whose style the vaguely familiar girl was using.
 
Apparently she still could not remember Anhara.
 
“A shame, really.” Anhara muttered.
 
That moment of hesitation Mariah was showing, Anhara summoned Shadow.
 
Mariah followed suit.
 
"Galux! Cat Scratch!" she screamed, sounding like a banshee.
 
“Shadow, Shadowmeld.” Anhara calmly commanded.
 
The midnight blue Beyblade stood still and vanished without a trace.
 
Galux stood still, not knowing where her opponent went.
 
“Game over.” Anhara replied coolly.
 
“Shadow, Shadow Strike.”
 
Too late, Mariah realized when the blue blade appeared behind Galux.
 
A sleek black panther emerged from the bit-chip, striking the unsuspecting pink cat with a slash of black energy.
 
With that one blow, Galux was knocked out of the stadium and clattered at Mariah's feet.
 
Anhara smirked.
 
It was practically déjà vu all over again.
 
Mariah dropped to the ground as she realized the same thing.
 
The White Tigers ran over to comfort the dejected girl.
 
It was then when it really hit her smack dab in the face.
 
“Anhara! B-but you disappeared five years ago?" Mariah stuttered.
 
The blue-haired girl smirked at everyone's questioning faces.
 
"That's right Mariah, I'm back, dear sister."
 
“Pity, you've lost to me, again.” She added, empathizing on the `again'.
 
"SISTER!" Almost everyone screamed except Kai who looked slightly surprised and the three Mystics who snickered.
 
Lee scratched his head.
 
"But I don't remember you…" Lee commented.
 
“Oh right, you don't remember me Lee.” Anhara started.
 
“But you do remember the ice witch.” She added.
 
The White Tigers gasped.
 
“See, I didn't lie!” Kelvin protested.
 
Ray gasped in recognition, no wonder she looked familiar; Anhara was Mariah's twin sister.
 
“Minah, you know what to do.” Anhara said coldly, as she sat back on the bench.
 
“Don't worry, I won't lose.” The captain of the Mystics backup team answered.
 
“Good. Show them how ruthless the Mystics can be.” Anhara added.
 
Minah nodded and went up stage.
 
After a `Twin Rage' from Minah, Lee's Galeon flew out of the dish.
 
Anhara applauded, “Three seconds flat. Impressive.”
 
Minah mock-bowed.
 
Just then, the White Tigers came up to offer their congrats.
 
“Nice job.” Lee complimented, shaking Minah's hand.
 
“Likewise.” Minah returned.
 
“I have no idea how you won, pathetic freak," Mariah hissed.
 
Anhara growled and answered, “And I won pink haired freak, live with it. The Mystics never lose.”
 
Mariah glanced at Ray who coming towards the two teams.
 
She instantly started bawling and ran up to Ray.
 
"RAAAYYY! She's being mean to me," she bawled and hung onto Ray.
 
Anhara sighed, “Same old Mariah.”
 
Mariah clung to Ray and he was trying to pry her off.
 
Anhara shook her head and decided the neko-jin needed rescuing.
 
She walked right up to Mariah and poked her.
 
"Boo," Anhara stated and Mariah jumped off screaming, and zoomed off to who-knows-where.
 
Anhara snickered and Ray gasped for air.
 
"Thank you," Ray panted.
 
"You're welcome," Anhara smirked.
 
Ray smiled and walked off.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
After the match, the four girls returned to their dorm.
 
Dana's computer alerted them about an email.
 
After reading Dr P's email, the four girls nodded at each other. They knew what to do. They were to forfeit tomorrow's match, allowing the Bladebreakers to win by default.
 
***************************************************************** ****************************
SailorStar9: Phew, my brain hurts.