Beyblade Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Beyblade Series 1: Reloaded ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 2 is up! This is Chapter 3. I just hope I manage to erase the majority of my plot holes though.
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts, flashbacks and mental conversations.
 
Warning: Includes major Mariah bashing!
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every time? Sailor Moon and Beyblade won't be mine, even if I'm in my grave. The only things I own are this very lame plot and Anhara's bit-beast.
 
Chapter 3: Anhara's New Mission
 
Chapter summary: Dr P's new mission for Anhara, much to her horror is to protect the Bladebreakers as they travel to the America tournament. Can Anhara live through the ordeal and face her past at the same time? Can Ray melt the ice around Anhara's heart?
 
***************************************************************** *************************
After the Bladebreakers' default win at the Asian tournament, the team returned to Japan for a well-deserved break.
 
Mr. Dickerson called them into his office during mid-afternoon.
 
“Okay boys.” He begun, addressing the team.
 
“Mr. D, what is all about?” Tyson asked.
 
“Patience, Tyson. My two important guests have yet arrive.” Mr. Dickerson soothed the impatient boy.
 
A knock on the door interrupted any further discussions.
 
Mr. Dickerson smiled, “They've arrived.”
 
The door opened and a green-haired woman entered with a very familiar-looking girl.
 
“Ah, Dr P. Glad of you to join us.” Mr. Dickerson greeted the older female.
 
“The pleasure's all mine, Mr. Dickerson.” Dr P answered.
 
Turning to the Bladebreakers, she added, “I do believe all of you have met Anhara here.”
 
Nods were seen all over.
 
“You see boys. The road to the American tournament will be perilous. Dr P here has graciously loaned one of her best fighters to protect all of you.” Mr. Dickerson explained.
 
“What?” the six teens exclaimed.
 
The stern woman nodded.
 
“Mission accepted or declined, Anhara?” she asked.
 
“Mission declined, Dr P.” the girl retorted.
 
“And why, Anhara?” Dr P asked.
 
“I'm an assassin, Doc., not some fricking protector!” she argued.
 
“Mission accepted or declined, Anhara?” Dr P asked again, this time coldly.
 
Anhara took a gasp of air, and clutched her hands, before answering, “Mission accepted.”
 
“Good.” Dr P nodded.
 
Mr. Dickerson cleared his throat.
 
“Dr P and I have something else to discuss. The six of you can go outside to get reacquainted.” He suggested.
 
The six teenagers trooped outside.
 
Breaking the silence, Anhara said, “I just want to get one thing very straight. I'm only here because it's my mission to protect you all. Plain and simple. I don't want any strings attached. Is this clear?”
 
Without waiting for an answer, she walked off.
 
Tyson whistled, “Wow, a female version of Kai.”
 
The dual-haired captain glared that the bearer of Dragoon and said nothing. Inwardly, he had to agree. This team captain of the Mystics is really very much like him.
 
Ray looked at the retreating back of the ex-White Tiger and decided to follow her.
 
Once in a back alley, Anhara snapped, “You can stop hiding now, Scarface.”
 
A hulky man, in his mid-30s emerged from the alley's corner.
 
“Sharp as always.” He sneered nastily.
 
“Cut your bullshit.” Anhara retorted.
 
“Nice to see that I'll be able to put you out of our misery without too much trouble.” Scarface sneered.
 
Then, he added, “You do not fit into the plans that the Guild has, Mercury. We already took care of Black, because we knew that he would be opposed to the changes that we will make. The Guild is changing, Mercury. We can't afford to live by aging standards anymore, so we're quietly changing our ways,” His voice suddenly grew harsh. “And getting rid of anyone who feels differently.”
 
“You would abandon the codes that we have followed since the Solar System belonged to humanity? You would forsake the very oaths you took when you took up your name?” Anhara questioned harshly.
 
Scarface laughed again. “Old fashioned nonsense. There never was a kingdom on the moon, so how could our order be that old? Times change, Mercury. You will conform to the new Code, or you will suffer the same fate as Black did.”
 
“You mean to frighten me into thinking that you've killed him, when I know that he was a hundred times better than you!” Scarface grimaced. “Do you really think someone can survive being bombed? It took six of us just to get that old fashioned geezer into the right spot. But now that's he's gone, we are weeding out those who shared his pitiful ways of thinking. So what shall it be, Mercury? Obey, any we'll let you have Black's old stomping grounds, that should please you, yes?
 
At that, Anhara's face darkened.
 
“Then, I hope you remember the punishment of betraying the Guild.” She snapped.
 
Meanwhile, Ray was searching for the missing Anhara, when he heard the sound of fighting.
Curiosity caused him to find where the sound was coming from. When he turned into the alleyway, what he saw shocked him.
 
Anhara was fighting an older man, and it seemed that she had the upper hand. With a quick sidekick, she sent the man flying onto a wall. Stepping forward, she placed a finger under the man's nose to find if he was alive.
 
A gasp was heard behind her.
 
Anhara turned sharply and was stunned to see Ray behind her.
 
Turning back to Scarface, she knelt down to her boot. Ray could see that her fingers were slipped into two metal rings.
 
In an instant, Anhara's hand had jerked back, and he saw that the rings were connected to a triangular piece of metal, and the blue haired girl's legs bunched and she sprung at Scarface.
 
A split second later, Anhara's right hand was in a fist, with the thumb pointing up, and the blade, as Ray now realized the metal was, buried in Scarface's shoulder
 
Then with a jerk, she snapped her blade upwards, slicing through the rest of his shoulder and skin with ease, severing blood, muscle, and tendon. Scarface's arms were useless, and he staggered back against the wall and slid down.
 
Standing up straight, she hissed, “You say that you killed my teacher, Black. I doubt that you could even conceive of his power, the power of the greatest Assassin who ever lived. You, and those who are with you, if they do not return to the old ways, then I will hunt them down myself, and kill every last one of them.”
 
“Is… is he dead?” Ray asked.
 
“No, not yet.” Anhara answered sharply.
 
Anhara look over my shoulder at Scarface, who is struggling to rise. “No, not yet.”
 
She paced back to him, and swept her right hand past his throat, the blade on her fingers passing through without resistance. A thin line of red appeared, then gushed out.
 
Turning back to Ray, she answered curtly, “Now he is.”
 
“Why?” Ray asked softly.
 
Anhara glared at him, “My business, not yours.” She answered curtly, taking out a cloth to clean her blade.
 
“Can we, erm, talk?” Ray requested.
 
“You and I have nothing to talk about, Kon.” Anhara retorted sharply and walked off.
 
Catching up with her, Ray hurriedly replied, “Look, I know we've got off the wrong foot, but can we at least converse?”
 
“On what grounds?” Anhara questioned.
 
“The fact that the both of us belong to the White Tigers' Tribe.” Ray answered.
 
“Sorry. From the moment I stepped out of the village five years ago, I've cut off all ties with the tribe.” Anhara growled.
 
“What?” Ray exclaimed. He had no idea she would go this far.
 
Anhara let out a strained smile, “You have no idea how it felt like, to be under the shadow of that prissy pink pig.”
 
Ray quirked a brow, “Prissy pink pig?” he questioned.
 
Anhara gave him a `you-know-who-I'm-talking-about' look.
 
Ray sighed, when he realized whom she was referring to.
 
Then, Anhara stopped in her tracks.
 
“You've safety delivered me to my hotel.” She remarked flatly. “Thank you for your service.”
 
With that, she stepped into the motel.
 
Ray cracked an amused smile, an Assassin she may be, but she does have a sense of humor.
 
An amused laugh sounded in his head. Ray sighed, knowing whom it was.
 
Drigger, now what? He questioned his bit-beast.
 
Your attempt at being calm, Master Ray. You're turning into a tomato. The tiger answered.
 
Ray growled at the bit-beast.
 
Drigger… he warned.
 
I'm sorry, Master Ray. The tiger apologized and ended the conversation.
 
Ray sighed.
 
He realized what the tiger said was right, he was slowly, but surely falling in love with the mysterious Mystic.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
Back in her room, Anhara flopped on her bed, exhausted.
 
Then, a chuckling was heard in her head.
 
Shadow, now what? Anhara questioned.
 
You like him, Mistress. The black panther pointed out.
 
Anhara glared at the shadow feline.
 
Do not. She protested.
 
Do to. The over-sized cat argued.
 
Shadow, don't you know that it's rude to talk back to your mistress? Anhara inquired.
 
The bit-beast laws never mentioned anything about back talking. The panther shrugged.
 
Then, the conversation was cut off.
 
“Busybody.” Anhara muttered.
 
I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Shadow remarked.
 
Go to sleep, you big feline. We have a busy day ahead. Anhara reminded her.
 
Can you tuck me to bed, mummy? Shadow mock-whined.
 
Shadow… Anhara let out a warning.
 
The black panther struck out her tongue playfully.
 
Anhara's glare intensified.
 
The panther immediately shut her mouth.
 
Switching off the lights, Anhara turned in for the night.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
The next morning, the Bladebreakers were at the airport, waiting for the plane that would take them to America.
 
And as usual, Tyson had everyone waiting for him.
 
Leaning against a pillar, Anhara silently scrutinized the team. So far, they seemed quite ordinary enough. Well for Tyson, Max and Kenny anyway. Kai, on the other hand, was not what one would call `normal'. For some odd reason, he distanced himself from the team.
 
Anhara had an inking that the words `team' and `teamwork' were nonexistent in his vocabulary.
 
Just then, a hand waved in front of her, snapping Anhara out of her thoughts.
 
She turned and glared at the culprit.
 
“Welcome back to the living, spacecase.” Ray commented, teasingly.
 
“Can't a girl get some peace and quiet around here?” Anhara retorted sharply.
 
Ray rose both hands in mock-surrender.
 
“Hey, I only came to tell you that it's time to board the plane. Don't take it out on the messenger boy.”
 
Anhara's glare softened.
 
“Then I apologize.” She muttered, walking towards the boarding gates.
 
Ray looked at her retreating back.
 
“She has feelings. Who knew?” he commented, intrigued.
 
Curiousier and curiousier. Drigger commented through their mind link.
 
For once, I agree. Ray answered back.
 
Any intentions of getting close to her, Master Ray? Drigger asked.
 
I have no wish of getting my head bitten off. Ray answered, frowning.
 
I understand, Master Ray. Drigger replied and cut off the conversation.
 
Coincidentally, Ray's seat on the plane was right beside Anhara.
 
Taking his seat beside the silent Assassin, he sneaked occasional glances at the quiet girl.
 
Anhara was definitely a remarkable female, he realized. How in the world could he fail to notice her?
 
Because like everyone else in the village, you only knew Mariah. You never bothered to find out about the younger sister's name. Drigger's voice entered his head.
 
How did you know that? Ray demanded.
 
Drigger gave a mental shrug and answered, Shadow.
 
Ray raised a mental eyebrow, You mean the panther?
 
Shadow panther actually. Drigger corrected. Like her mistress, Shadow is a warrior of the shadows. You have seen how they battle, Master Ray. The two work best in the darkness. Drigger explained.
 
You seem to know a lot, Drigger. Ray noted.
 
The large tiger had the decency to blush.
 
It's a bit-beast thing. He waved it aside.
 
Ray raised a skeptical brow at his bit-beast, but he let it slide.
 
Upon arrival at the airport, the boys found out that a bus was to bring them to the All Starz training faculty.
 
On the bus, Anhara took a back seat, a clear indication that she wanted to be left alone.
 
“Not one for words?” Kai asked.
 
“You're the same, Hiwatari. You can't talk.” Anhara snapped.
 
“Hn.” Came Kai's answer, as he took a seat in the back row.
 
Ray turned back occasionally to look out for the newest member of the team.
 
After a while, Anhara opened the mind link to Shadow.
 
Shadow. She growled.
 
Yes, mistress? The black panther asked.
 
Do me a favor and tell Drigger to tell his master to quit looking at me. Anhara answered.
 
The panther nodded and cut off the link.
 
Moments later, Ray hid a blush and sat back down.
 
Told off by a bit-beast. How much worse can it get? He thought.
 
As bad as almost getting shredded by the black feline? Drigger inquired.
 
Ray sighed.
 
Drigger, what did you do?
 
Pestered Shadow. Sheesh, that black kitty doesn't have a sense of humor. Drigger complained.
 
Back with Anhara, Shadow was muttering profanities under her breath.
 
Stupid white tiger. Doesn't know when to quit.
 
Anhara raised a mental eyebrow. I assume this is Drigger we're talking about. She affirmed.
 
Shadow growled in agreement.
 
Thought so. Anhara muttered.
 
What did he do? Anhara inquired.
 
Bugged me to no end. Shadow replied.
 
Like master, like bit-beast? Anhara suggested.
 
Most probably. Shadow answered.
 
Just then, the bus came to a stop and the team alighted. They were greeted by one of Dr. Julie's assistants, who immediately took them on a tour around the faculty.
 
While walking around, they bumped into two persons, one of them whom Max ran over to, shouting, “Mum!”
 
That revelation took the team by surprise.
 
Dr. Julie was rather stunned, but pleased to see her son.
 
Then, the tour guide revealed yet another shocking fact; Dr. Julie was actually the lead trainer of the American team.
 
Max was shocked to learn that his mother was on the opposing team.
 
Emily then boasted that the All Starz could beat the Bladebreakers with both hands tied behind their backs.
 
“Tough words coming from someone who can't even beat the Mystics' backup team.” Anhara mocked.
 
Emily turned to see who had spoken.
 
“Well, well, well, look what the cat, or in this case the panther, dragged in.” she mocked. “If it isn't our dear team captain of the Mystics.”
 
Anhara snarled, “Be careful what you say, Emily. This is one captain who isn't going to take that insult lying down.”
 
Emily raised a disdainful brow, “And what are you doing to do?” she challenged.
 
“Just watch your back, Emily. This kitty will sink her claws on you.” Anhara threatened, showing her fangs.
 
“Oh, like I'm so scared.” Emily replied sarcastically.
 
“You should be.” Anhara growled.
 
Ray paled. Bad move Emily. One thing we've learnt about White Tiger females is that you should never tick them off.
 
How true. Drigger commented.
 
And why is that you always have to pick the most inappropriate time to butt in? Ray growled at his bit-beast.
 
Hey, hey, calm down big guy. I'm only contributing my opinion. Drigger answered, trying to pacify his owner.
 
Well, your contribution isn't appreciated. Ray scowled at the white tiger.
 
Fine, I'm shutting up. Drigger replied, cutting off the mind link.
 
“Sheesh, with a bit-beast like him who needs enemies?” Ray muttered.
 
I heard that. Drigger let out a warning.
 
Tyson sweatdropped at the static electricity that came from both females.
 
Dr. Julie decided to cut in by glaring at Emily.
 
Taking her hint, the brunette stuck her tongue at the blue-haired Mystic and followed Dr. Julie.
 
“She. Is. Dead.” Anhara hissed under her breath.
 
Agreed. Shadow growled.
 
The hotheaded Tyson decided to take on Emily's challenge, leading the team to a testing room, where Dr. Julie had prepared computers to find out their weaknesses.
 
The first round was Tyson against an amateur with a microphone as his launcher.
 
The owner of Dragoon quickly sent the opposing blade out of the Beydish, with his patented `Phantom Hurricane'.
 
Next stop, Ray was pitted against an artist amateur. Splashing his multi-colored watercolors on the Beydish, the amateur's blade seemingly disappeared, that is until Drigger erased the colors off, revealing the opponent's blade. With one quick slam, the artist's blade was sent out of the Beydish.
 
For the next round, Emily stepped out. Max was about to go forward, when an arm stopped him in his tracks.
 
Noticing Anhara's battle gleam in her feline-like eyes, Max wisely stepped back.
 
Ray had to smirk. Let the games begin. He thought.
 
Upstairs, Kai looked on interestedly as Anhara went forward to replace Max.
 
We'll see how you battle, Mystic. He thought, with a small smirk.
 
“So, the pathetic little Mystic decides to battle.” Emily mocked.
 
Anhara's glare intensified, as her battle aura flared.
 
Bad move, Emily. Came Ray and Kai's unison thoughts.
 
Readying her tennis racket, Emily prepared to launch.
 
Anhara whipped out an ice dagger from nowhere.
 
Ray frowned when he noted the Chinese wording of `Ice' on the top of her dagger.
 
She has a magical weapon? He asked mentally.
 
That's her real launcher, Master Ray. Drigger intervened.
 
Seconds later, the blade on the ice dagger extended.
 
Taking a few steps back, Anhara attached her Beyblade on the ice blade.
 
Without even the countdown, the two females released their Beyblades simultaneously.
Emily started an aggressive attack on the midnight blue Beyblade. Using a zigzag maneuver, Anhara's Beyblade skillfully avoided Emily's attack.
 
Scrowling, Emily ordered another vicious assault.
 
“Shadowmeld.” Came Anhara's calm order.
 
Shadow stood still and disappeared into thin air.
 
“What that…” Emily was stunned.
 
“Again?” Tyson exclaimed.
 
Upstairs, Dr. Julie, too was shocked at the sudden turn of events.
 
Quickly assessing her computer, she proceeded to find out where Anhara's Beyblade was.
 
Growling, Emily demanded, “Show yourself coward!”
 
Anhara smirked, “As you wish.”
 
“Darkness…” Anhara begun.
 
“Darkness?” Max inquired. “I thought it was Shadow.”
 
She has three attacks? Kai thought, shocked.
 
“Strike!” came Anhara's final call.
 
Before Emily knew what happened, Anhara's Beyblade was already behind her, Shadow emerging from the bit-chip.
 
Tossing Emily's Beyblade up, Shadow followed the beyblade upwards, encasing the two beyblades in a sphere of darkness.
 
Anxious seconds ticked by and finally a beyblade shot out of the sphere, crashing into the opposing wall.
 
Then, the sphere came down, with Shadow emerging victorious.
 
“And here, ladies and gentlemen, proves once again that magic always wins against technology.” Anhara announced, snickering.
 
Turning up towards Dr Julie, Anhara added, “And Doc, you can stop scanning. Your computers aren't proving anything fruitful with Shadow.”
 
Dr. Julie sighed in resignation, she knew the girl was right. Technology might be wonderful, but against magic, it's rather useless.
 
“So, that's the All Starz team? Tyson exclaimed.
 
“Actually, no.” Anhara replied.
 
“Emily is the only one out of the three who's really from the All Starz. The other two, are what they call, `trainees'.” She explained.
 
“In short, we're used as guinea pigs, boys.” Anhara added.
 
“The girl is right.” Kai interjected, stepping out, with Tyson's Grandfather.
 
“What?” Tyson exclaimed, furious.
 
Dr. Julie looked down haughtily the angry Bladebreakers, pleased that she had managed to gather enough information.
 
Turning back to face the arrogant Emily, Anhara hissed, “The Mystics trashed you guys more than thrice. The Bladebreakers can do the same.”
 
“We should see.” Emily huffed indignantly.
 
Max looked up at his mother, betrayal evident in his eyes.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
After that rather insulting incident, the team, along with Dr. Julie and Emily headed off to the cafeteria.
 
Along the way, Emily was casting arrogant glances at Anhara, who wisely ignored her. That ticked off the brunette to no end.
 
Getting no response from the silent Assassin, Emily begun ranting on how wonderful the All Starz team was and how `they' will never defeat them.
 
Can I kill her? Shadow asked, indignantly.
 
Not now, Shadow. Later. Anhara answered, smirking slightly as her brain churned out
numerous ways to get back at the `high and mighty' Emily, without anyone knowing.
 
Noting her look, Shadow replied, Now I'm really scared.
 
You should be. Anhara answered, her smirk going up a notch.
 
Run for the hills! The Armageddon has arrived! Shadow exclaimed in mock horror.
 
I'll pretend I didn't hear that. Anhara muttered to her bit-beast.
 
Emily was still rumbling on how prominent and magnificent the All Starz team was.
 
Can I blast her? Shadow inquired.
 
Anhara raised a mental eyebrow, To where? The end of the universe?
 
Most preferably to the 18th Level of Hell. Shadow answered, sharpening her claws.
 
Anhara snickered, You aren't this vicious before. I think I'm rubbing off you.
 
Welcome to the dark side, mwhahaha! Shadow chuckled evilly.
 
Anhara sweatdropped, No more Star Wars for you.
 
Rats. Shadow pouted.
 
Anhara sighed, how in the world did she get such an over-zealous bit-beast, she had no idea.
 
“You know, for a world-class Beyblader, you like to space out a lot.” Kai remarked, snapping Anhara out of her reverie.
 
“Didn't think you would notice.” Anhara retorted.
 
“Hn.” Kai scoffed and ignored her.
 
Just then, Ray came up.
 
“Don't mind him.” he begun. “Kai's a bit…”
 
“Prefers to be in solitude?” Anhara supplied.
 
“Erm, yes.” Ray answered, nodding.
 
“He's like me, so I understand.” Anhara added.
 
Turning her sharp eyes at Ray, she snapped, “So mind your own business, Kon and bug off!”
 
Ray blinked at her swiftly retreating back.
 
“Oookkkaaayyy. That's didn't go so well.” He concluded.
 
“I don't know why you try so hard, Ray.” Tyson commented.
 
Max nodded in agreement, “She's the `Ice Queen' incarnate after all.” He added.
 
Ray sighed, “You guys won't understand.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
In the cafeteria, Anhara was sipping on her steaming camellia tea, while trying very hard to refrain from bashing Emily up.
 
Minutes later, Dr. Julie excused herself and returned to the training faculty with Emily.
 
Mr. Granger was showing off his, erm, `impressive' judo skills, much to Tyson's embarrassment.
 
Unable to take the humiliation any more, Tyson suggested roaming the All Starz faculty, in an attempt to learn more about their opponents.
 
All agreed, except for Kai. He remarked that he would prefer to remain where he was.
 
At this point, Anhara stood up.
 
“What, had a change of heart?” Tyson teased.
 
“No, if anything happened to any of you, Dr. P will have my hide. I'm only doing this out of necessity.” Anhara retorted.
 
“Sheesh, will it kill her to show any emotion?” Tyson muttered.
 
With that, the five set off.
 
Slipping into the ventilation vault, the five sneaked into the All Starz faculty.
 
Following Anhara's lead, the four boys successfully made it through the fourth level.
 
On the fifth level, however, Anhara held out an arm to stop any advancement.
 
“Now what?” Tyson asked, impatiently.
 
“Does that answer your question?” Anhara asked back, pointing downwards.
 
The boys' glance followed her finger and noted that numerous security laser beams guarded the last level.
 
“One wrong move and the alarm system goes.” Dizzi added.
 
Silently, Anhara whipped out a compact computer from nowhere and attached two wires to the system inlet.
 
“Aquos, activate code-breaking system.” Anhara ordered
 
“Code-breaking system activated.” A monotone replied from the screen.
 
“Guess she has her own tamagotchi.” Dizzi commented jokingly.
 
“You're lucky you're in a laptop, Dizzi. Otherwise, I'll blast you.” Anhara threatened.
 
“What do you know? Looks like Dizzi's the only one who can get the `Ice Queen' to talk.” Max commented, lightheartedly.
 
“Tate, if you don't want to be turned into an eternal ice statue, I strongly suggest you shut up.” Anhara retorted.
 
“Gee, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.” Tyson remarked, sarcastically.
 
“Either that or she's on permanent PMS.” Dizzi chirped.
 
“I will pretend I didn't hear that.” Anhara muttered, as Aquos continued to break the security code.
 
Just then, footsteps were heard from the other side.
 
When the persons entered into view range, an over-enthusiastic Max ran over to his mother, promptly ignoring the security lasers.
 
The split second his foot crossed a laser, the alarm went off and a giant glass pane slid down from above Max.
 
Meanwhile, Kai noted that the team was gone for way too long, two whole hours to be exact, and he decided to go after them.
 
He arrived just in the nick of time to slide, pushing Max out of harm's way.
 
“Boys, I have good news and bad news.” Anhara announced. “The bad news is we're trapped. The good news is I get to trash two All Starz losers once again.” She added, snickering as she turned around.
 
“Steven, Eddy, it's been a while.” She remarked coolly.
 
“We'll see who loses.” Steven growled.
 
“And this coming from the one who lost to Felix.” Anhara replied.
 
“Why you…” Steven was quickly getting angry.
 
“A two-on-one is obviously not fair.” Eddy pointed out.
 
“The All Starz have rules. Who knew?” Anhara stated, with heavy sarcasm.
 
“And this coming from the Queen of Darkness herself.” Eddy retaliated.
 
“Why thank you.” Anhara snickered, mock bowing.
 
“Enough talk! Defeat us, and we'll let you go!” Steven demanded.
 
Anhara's smirk went up a notch, “As you wish.”
 
Ray stepped forward.
 
Grinning at the remotely surprised girl, he stated, “As Eddy said `a two-on-one is obviously not fair'. How about we make this even?”
 
Without a countdown, the four Bladers released their Beyblades.
 
“Hey Steven, two kitty cats. What should we do?” Eddy asked his partner.
 
“We trash them of course.” The footballer remarked, grinning.
 
“Raymond, what do White Tigers do when they're insulted?” Anhara suddenly asked.
 
“Vengeance.” He answered.
 
“And that's exactly what we'll do.” She added coldly.
 
“Attack on my count.” She hissed.
 
Ray nodded.
 
Seconds ticked by, and a `Now!' from Anhara sent the two feline bit-beasts out of their bit-chips.
 
“Drigger! Tiger Claw!”
 
“Shadow! Shadow Strike!”
 
Drigger's `Tiger Claw' sent Steven's Beyblade clattering at his feet.
 
Shadow's `Shadow Strike' sent Eddy's Beyblade flying past the two All Starz, embedding it on the opposite wall.
 
“And I quote from you Steven, `We'll see who loses.'” Anhara remarked, snickering.
 
“Smartass.” Eddy retorted, as he turned back to retrieve his Beyblade.
 
“Why thank you.” Anhara mock-bowed, snickering.
 
“Ice wretch.” Steven hissed.
 
At that, Anhara frowned.
 
Without warning, she raised a hand, the palm glowing an ice blue.
 
“Cold Snap.” Came her call.
 
Energy gathered on her palm, forming an ice ball. Then, the orb of frost shot towards the two All Starz, barely missing them.
 
“You missed.” Steven mocked.
 
“I missed on purpose.” Anhara answered coldly.
 
“Take that as a warning. Next time, I won't miss.” She added.
 
“Is that a threat, Mystic?” Eddy questioned.
 
“That isn't a threat, Eddy. It's a promise.” Anhara finished, a cold glare trained at the two All Starz.
 
“Oh, like I'm so scared.” Eddy mocked.
 
Kai huffed, “Let's go.”
 
The team nodded and headed off.
 
That night, the team was ready for a good night's rest, when Ray noticed that Anhara was missing.
 
With feline-like silence, he sneaked away from the team to seek out his fellow White Tiger.
 
Meanwhile, Anhara was on the rooftop, with the night wind blowing across her face.
 
Peace and quiet, that was what she needed at a time like this.
 
Anhara frowned, why in the seven worlds of heaven did Dr P insist that she take on this particular mission? Acting as protector she can take, but facing her past as not something she wanted to do. Especially with Kon around.
 
Then, Anhara's eyes widened at the last thought.
 
Wait a minute. Rewind. Where the hell did that come from? She mentally screeched.
 
“Because he's one of the five Planetary Moon Dragons you're supposed to awaken.” A calm, but soothing voice sounded behind her.
 
Anhara turned around, only to see a levitating Themis behind her.
 
To be continued…
 
***************************************************************** *************************
SailorStar9: What revelations will the Goddess of Time bring? Stay tuned for Chapter 4: Revelations.