Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ A new Family: Ray's 'Innocent' Betrayal ❯ Reflections ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wingzero: --UU It took me awhile to come up with some ideas on how to start this fic.

Ray: Two fics?

Wingzero: Yup. I'm writing two fics with Ray/Rei as the main character.

Ray: ^-^

Kai: Poor, kitty.

Ray: ?_? Why?

Kai: You poor thing.

Wingzero: -.-UUU *thwacks Kai*

Kai: @_@

Ray: Um Wingzero doesn't own Beyblade.



Life never goes the way you want it. Just when you planned out your entire life, one small choice completely throws it off. When you make that choice, you thought it was good at that time and that it would benefit others. Then your so called 'friends' misinterpreted your decisions and labeled you a 'traitor.' Your dreams of a perfect future came crumbling down, and you can only watch as it happens.

Welcome to my life. Lee, Mariah, Gary, Kevin, and I have been friends ever since we were young. I couldn't remember going a day without seeing any one of them. When one of us was sick, the others would visit with get well presents. No, they weren't expensive things such as flowers or toys. They were mostly cards or food. During the summer, we would spend hours swimming, fishing, camping, and lots of our door activities in addition to our beyblade training. Even though winter doesn't become cold here, we still had fun.

One night, I had made a decision to leave the village so I can learn more about beyblading. I learned a lot there, but there was a whole lot more to learn, and I wanted to take advantage of it. I wanted to learn everything I can about beyblading and bring it back to the village. However, when I had left the village with Driger, they saw it as betraying them. I told them I would return, as soon I learned as much as I could. When I saw them, I tried to convince them, but Lee wouldn't listen. He wouldn't listen until I beat him in the finals of the Asian Tournament. I had to prove that there was much to learn about the sport. By leaving the village, I will be able to learn and return with the knowledge. I showed him what I learned by combining his black lightning attack with our tiger claw attack.

Sighing, I rolled over onto my stomach. I had my head propped up on my arms with my feet waving in the air. In front of me, I had my journal out and was writing in it. Recently, I had been released from the hospital after that disastrous tournament final with the Demolition Boys. Most of my injuries were healed, which I was glad. They only served as a reminder of what happened. I had nearly lost my life if it wasn't for Driger. He never lets me down. I couldn't ask for a better bit beast than him.

"TYSON!!!" A cold and loud voice yelled.

I glanced towards the door and chuckled. It seemed like our lovable team captain was having trouble with our food loving team mate. I wondered what Tyson did this time. Ever since Kai returned from his departure, Tyson decided to become a trouble maker. Don't ask why, cause I don't know either. Sometimes I swear that boy was signing his death warrant every single time he aggravated Kai. Then Max would usually come and save Tyson's rear, by showing Kai his unbearably cute puppy dog eyes.

Speaking of which, I have noticed that Max kept on hanging out with Tyson. He would often do whatever that blue haired teen was doing. I thought Max admired him, but now, I think it was more than that. I believed that he loved Tyson. However, Tyson's thick skull prevented him from finding out. Not to mention, he was kind of slow to begin with. I seriously doubt he would figure it out unless someone pointed it out to him.

As for my love life, I thought I loved Mariah. After spending time with her, I didn't feel anything happening with us. There was no chemistry. When I sat down and thought about it, I treated her more like a little sister than girlfriend. In the past, I would act like the older brother she never had. As soon as I had thought about it, I realized the love I felt for her wasn't romantic but brotherly. I wanted to find that someone special in my life, but it would seem like I will have to wait for her.

Suddenly, the door was flung open and a furious Kai came storming into the room. Upon entering, he slammed the door close. "Not a word, Ray." He glared at me, daring me to say a word. When I just looked at him, he stormed over towards our shared bathroom and closed the door without saying a word.

"One of these days, you're going to go too far, Tyson," I muttered to myself. "When it happens, I hope you have good health insurance or a will."

The shower sounded a few minutes later, signaling that Kai was taking a bath. I closed my journal and stuffed it underneath my clothing. Kai had seen me writing in it, but he never knew where I hid it, at least that was what I thought. If he did, he wouldn't read it, would he? Since I couldn't do much after being released from the hospital recently, I decided to watch some TV. It was getting late and I didn't feel like going downstairs or going out for that matter. Our hotel room had one television set per bedroom. We had two bedrooms. Kai and I shared the smaller one, while Tyson, Max, and Kenny shared the second. It was a wonder how those two sleep with him snoring. Then again, I was able to sleep with that loud sleeper.

Flipping through the channels, I couldn't find anything in Japanese, Chinese, or English. It was all in Russian. I couldn't understand a word they were saying. Since I didn't feel like picking up another language, I tried to find a movie or show with English subtitles. No such luck. I couldn't even find something with subtitles.

I turned off the TV just as Kai had gotten out of the shower. It was evident by the water being turned off. I glanced over to the clock. It was too early to go to bed, but I didn't want to get out of bed and do anything. I sighed again as I picked up a book from my bag. Since I had already read the prequel and the first book of the series, I was now reading the Two Towers. The movie version of the book was coming out on movies this December. I have been waiting for the sequel to come out in the theaters ever since I watched the Fellowship of the Ring.

For no apparent reason, I glanced up to find Kai, wearing only a towel. I never knew he had such a hot bod. WHAT!!! I did not just think Kai had a hot body. When I looked back up, I found Kai still wearing that same towel. The extra water glistening in the light as it rolled down his well toned body. His muscles rippled as he was drying his hair with another towel. OH CRAP!!! I turned my gaze away from that beautiful body. Oh great, when did I start liking boys? Did I even like boys to begin with? I needed to think about something other than my gender preference.

My gaze returned back to my temporarily forgotten book as I continued reading it or at least try to read it. I had to keep my attention away from a certain beyblader, who was currently only wearing a towel and just stepped out of the shower. God, this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do so far. In time, my physical wounds would heal, but emotional wounds may take a life time to heal. I hoped it wouldn't take that long for mine to heal, should I have any.

A rustle of clothing can be heard as Kai had dropped his towel. I fought hard not to look at his bare and gorgeous body. Trying to concentrate on my book, I didn't notice how much time elapsed. I was completely engrossed in it, that I didn't notice until it was too late. I lowered my book to find myself staring into those eyes of his.

"Ack!" I practically screamed with surprise and fell off my bed.

Those eyes blinked with confusion as I tried to scramble back onto my bed. He gave me a weird look before going back to his normal cold look. As soon as I had climbed on top, I glared at him or at least, I thought I was glaring.

"Are you trying to glare at me?" Kai asked tilting his head slightly.

"Yeah, why?" I returned his question with a question of my own.

"That is one pathetic glare you have," Kai said bluntly. I could feel his eyes, wandering up and down my body.

"I'd like to see you do better," I said before regretting it. He simply glared at me for making that comment, which caused me to retreat underneath my covers.

"Now that is a glare," Kai said. I heard the springs of his mattress sound, as he lay in his bed.

Peering out from underneath my covers, I stuck my tongue at him.

"And put your tongue back in your mouth," Kai said with his back towards me.

I quickly pulled back my tongue into my mouth. How does he do that? He doesn't have eyes in the back of his head, does he? I knew I didn't make that much noise when I stuck out my tongue. That and he never once looked back at me, so he wouldn't have known.

"Go to sleep," Kai said without turning towards me. "We will begin training at the crack of dawn."

I sighed for who knows how many times that day. Quietly, I placed back my book into my bag without getting up. If you were wondering, my bag was located at the opposite of the room. When I was young, I discovered I had these unique mind abilities, such as telekinesis, telepathy, shields, and a couple others. Sometimes, I forgot someone was in the same room as me and accidentally used my gifts. Fortunately, no one had ever seen me use them.

Glancing over, I saw Kai's breathing became even as he drifted off into sleep. I wondered what he dreamed about, if he dreamed at all. Quickly turning away, I thought about something else, because he valued my privacy. I should be doing the same in return. Pulling up the sheets, I snuggled into them before drifting off into sleep.



Ray: That's it?

Wingzero: Well... this is only the first chapter.

Ray: Okay.

Wingzero: Sorry if this took awhile. I couldn't think of how to start it.