Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Alarming Attachment ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Alarming Attachment

Summary: It was suppose to be a relaxing vacation, but for Ray it’s anything but. Meeting a girl called Asia who annoys him and dealing with Kai who appears annoyed with him, what’s a neko to do? And what is it that Kai is hiding?

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Arista “Asia” Rainstorm. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not on based one anyone else’s character, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warning: Usage of a female OC. She is not the hero of the story, and the fic will not be centered on her. Any fans of OC pairings should leave now. Do not ask me to turn this fic into a Ray/OC or any other canon character/OC as I cannot stand such pairings. I have no hesitation in bashing my own created characters.

Another warning; I have turned a male character into a female disguised behind male clothing. The character’s identity will not be revealed until later on in the story.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Chapter Two:

“Well, this is your room,” Asia said excitedly as she pulled Ray into the room with her, releasing a giggle when Ray crashed into her. He quickly sprung back in surprise, an apology on his lips and a flustered look on his face.

“It’s right next to mine,” Asia continued and pointed at the wall on the right. “Isn’t that great?”

Ray placed his bag on the bed and walked over to the window. He drew back the curtains and smiled. “It’s got a great view,” he replied as he stared out the window and down upon the green grass and flower covered hills.

Asia moved to stand beside Ray, boldly leaning her head on his shoulder and sighed deeply. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” she murmured, seemingly oblivious to the look of utter discomfort on Ray’s face. “I like to spend a lot of time in my room. Don’t you?”

Ray shrugged, causing Asia to lift her head with an annoyed pout on her lips and she narrowed her eyes in a disapproving manner. It was a sweet moment and he just had to ruin it! He’s a little skittish. She can easily fix that.

“Not really,” Ray replied to her answer.

A look of surprise appeared on Asia’s face and she mentally scowled. She thought Ray would have agreed with her. “Oh?”

“I prefer being outside in the fresh air and lying in the sun,” Ray explained as he pushed away from the window and over to his bag. He picked it up off the floor and placed it on his bed. He riffled through his belongings as he gave him the perfect excuse not to face Asia at the moment. She’s started to get a little overwhelming.

“I guess it’s the neko part of me. The garden is so beautiful, I bet I won’t be staying inside all that much. Only coming inside to sleep,” Ray paused for a moment and smiled to himself as the next words tumbled from his mouth. “Kai doesn’t let me stay outside to sleep. He always comes out, no matter what time it was and drags me back inside.”

Asia found herself frowning when she recognized the feeling of fondness in Ray’s voice and pressed her lips together tightly. “I don’t know how you can just lie in the sun, on the dirty ground like that,” she muttered darkly, cutely scrunching her nose up. “It’s icky.”

Ray gave a dry and forced laugh. “It’s a quirk of mine, I guess.”

“You certainly are weird,” Asia huffed as she crossed her arms over her chest and threw herself down on the bed, paying no mind to Ray’s belongings as they fell to the floor.

That comment offended Ray greatly and he pressed his lips together tightly in an attempt to hide his annoyed expression. He can’t help imagine how she would react if she ever found out that he lives in a dusty little hut in the middle of the Chinese mountains. No electricity, no running water or sewage.

He hid a scowl behind his hair as he picked up his possessions that Asia had carelessly pushed to the floor. He glanced up at the clock and muttered a small prayer of thanks under his breath.

“Oops, gotta go,” Ray said as he hid his relief behind a tone of disappointment. “Kai’s waiting for me.”

“Can’t he wait?” Asia asked in an angry tone. She is sick and tired of hearing about Kai. Kai this, Kai that. You’d think he was a God or something!

Asia sprung up from Ray’s bed with a girlish laugh and grabbed Ray’s arm with her two hands. “I want to show you my room first!”

“I can’t,” Ray told her quickly as he pried her fingers off his limb. “I’m apart of this team and I have commitments.”

“Surely, Kai won’t mind,” Asia said as she rolled her eyes before she pouted and dropped her grip. “He needs to lighten up a little.”

Ray ran a hand through his hair. “Look, maybe later, ok?”

That seemed to satisfy Asia for the time being and she nodded her consent. “Ok!” she said cheerfully. “I’ll find you after the meeting! I still have to give you the grand tour!”

--

Kai tapped his fingers on the conference table in front of him and swore under his breath. Ray was late. He was hardly ever late before.

A real deep seated sense of annoyance burned in Kai’s chest when he thought about the person that was with Ray. Asia, or whatever the hell her name was. There was something about her that made Kai’s skin crawl. She was so rude, not only to him but to her own father for crying out loud!

He has only just met her and yet has developed a distinct distaste towards her already. She was rude, obnoxious, and flirty and seemed to hold herself in a higher regard than everyone else.

“Where do you think Ray is?” Max asked over the constant panicky voice of Kenny apologizing repeatedly to the BBA chairman who was sitting patiently on the other end of a conference phone call.

“He’s probably making out with Asia,” Tyson sniggered loudly.

Kai’s fingernails suddenly scrapped along the top of the table, leaving scratch marks on the polished finished. He gritted his teeth, almost grinding tem together. He then drew in a deep breath through his nose.

Ray making out with…her? Urgh…

“Hey! Sorry I’m late!” A familiar voice pulled Kai out of his thoughts and he muttered a soft sigh of relief when he noticed that Asia wasn’t with him.

“Hey Ray!” Max cheerfully greeted as Ray took a seat between him and Kai.

“About time you showed up,” Kai grunted as he crosses his arms over his chest and leaned back in his seat.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” Ray said as he placed apologetic hand to the back of his head. “I was just-”

“How’s your new girlfriend,” Kai interrupted him midsentence with a scowl. “Talking about marriage yet?”

Ray can’t help but frown at the sudden question. “It’s not like that, Kai.”

“She certainly has taken a shine to you, though, Ray,” Hilary said as she nodded her head in agreement to Kai’s earlier question. “What’s she like?”

Ray pressed his lips together and sat in silence. “She seems…friendly enough.”

“Do you think she’s pretty?” Kai suddenly asked him, his tone low and soft enough so that only he can hear him.

Although shocked, Ray found himself considering the question thoughtfully. “Hm, I guess,” he replied. While Asia was not beautiful in his eyes, she was also not ugly. So in a sense, she must be pretty, right?

“Why?”

Kai frowned at the response and scowled at him. He quickly turned away from him and focused his attention elsewhere. “…Nothing.”

The rest of the meeting was spent in a tense silence between Kai and Ray. Kai only spoke when spoken to and never looked in his direction when it was Ray’s turn to speak. The conference was merely an information session from Mr. D. He explained to the boys that the BBA were grateful for all they had done and wished to give them a chance to relax and do the things they want to do for once.

The conference lasted a good hour, each second causing Ray’s nerves to become more frayed at the deafening silence between him and Kai. Even though Kai was naturally silent, and Ray himself too on the quiet side, things had never been this silent before.

It was driving Ray insane!

After the meeting, Ray cornered Kai outside, intent of confronting him to find out how things had become so tense between them.

“Kai, what’s wrong?” Ray asked blatantly as he had learned from experience that Kai doesn’t like to be messed around with.

Kai merely grunted a short reply, once again his arms tightly across his chest in a hostile manner. “Nothing’s wrong.”

“Kai, you have been glaring at me for ages now. Just tell me what’s wrong!” Ray demanded, on the verge of pulling his hair out in frustration. He’s so-called relaxing vacation had only just begun and he was more stressed now than when he first arrived!

“Did I do something to annoy you? If I did, I want to apologize.”

Kai remained silent, his eyes downcast. He frowned slightly, a prang of guilt settled in his chest as he tried to find a reasonable excuse for his behavior. How do you tell someone you’re annoyed with them because of the company you keep?

Seemed kinda petty.

Ray took Kai’s silence as a good indicator and pressed forward. “Are you annoyed at me or something?”

Kai’s shoulders suddenly slumped forward and gave a tired sigh. “Ray, I…” he started to say something, something to explain his suddenly personally change, but a voice interrupted him. It was the voice that had caused this change in the first place!

“Ray, there you are!” Asia called out to him, her arm waving cheerfully in the air to grab his attention. When she reached him, she grasped onto his arm and nuzzled her cheek into his shoulder.

Kai immediately bristled at the contact but bit his lip to prevent himself from saying anything.

“The meeting over now?” Asia asked as she lifted her head slightly to gaze into Ray’s eyes.

Ray pinched the bridge of his nose to prevent himself from groaning with annoyance. “Actually…”

“Great!” Asia cut him off as she giggled and tugged on Ray’s arm once again. “You can finally start to relax now. No stress, no hassles and definitely no Beyblade training.”

Asia’s cheeriness soon dissipated when she turned her eyes in Kai’s direction and gave him a cool sneer as she flicked a stray piece of light brown hair from her sparkling raven eyes. “Or is Kai making you train?” she asked tersely and then smirked proudly to herself when Kai seemed to bristle wildly again.

Ha! That showed him, didn’t it?

“I don’t mind training, actually,” Ray told her quickly as he removed his arm from her grip yet again, his voice sound distressed. “And no, Kai hasn’t said anything about training. He isn’t a training Nazi, you know.” He finished with a small hiss.

Kai gave Ray a surprised look when he realized he stood up for him and he allowed himself a small smile of appreciation.

Asia scowls for a moment before she fluttered his long and thick eyelashes at Ray again. “Of course not,” she giggled and linked their arms together again. “Come on, I want to show you something.”

Ray sighed in frustration. “Now?”

“Yep!” Asia said in a sing-song voice as she tugged him along. “You’re holiday starts now! Quick, before workaholic Kai gets you to train!”

“Asia…” Ray said in a warning tone, but Asia simply stuck her tongue out at him in a cheeky and playful manner, still pulling him along.

Kai frowned when he realized Ray is letting her drag him away. “Ray?”

“I guess I’ll talk to you later,” Ray muttered as he disappeared from sight, Asia’s giggling ringing out behind them.

Kai watched them leave and gritted his teeth together painfully. A deep frown marred his face and he muttered something in Russian under his breath. The word hate was simply not a strong enough word for Asia at that point in time.

He wasn’t exactly sure why he hated her so. Is it because she had taken Ray’s attention away from him…?

“Is there something wrong, Kai?” Max’s voice suddenly asked, pulling Kai from his thoughts.

“Nothing to be concerned about,” Kai muttered, not at all bothering to face the teen who asked the question.

“Wow,” Max muttered when he caught sight of Ray and Asia as they strolled through the sea of flowers outside through an opened window. Asia has her arms wrapped tightly around Ray’s and was resting her head on his shoulder. And Ray was letting her!

“Seems like Ray has an admirer.”

“Yeah. They’ll be girlfriend and boyfriend before this vacation is through!” Tyson laughed loudly.

Kai shuddered in disgust but hid it well.

“Ray wouldn’t date her,” Hilary said, with also a hint of disgust. “Would he?”

Tyson wriggled his eyebrows in her direction. “Jealous?” he asked, jokingly.

“Hardly,” Hilary replied sharply and rolled her eyes towards the roof. “She just seems so…”

“Obnoxious and rude,” Kai suddenly hissed, his teeth clenched and his muscles taut. He suddenly shook his head in a frustrated way before he turned on his heel and began to stalk away. “Excuse me.”

“Wow,” Tyson muttered as Kai disappeared from view. “What’s Kai’s problem?”

Max, too, watched his captain leave and shrugged his shoulders. “I guess Asia just rubs him the wrong way.”

“He took the words right out of my mouth,” Hilary muttered quietly to herself.

“Did you say something, Hil?”

“Oh no, it’s nothing.”