Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Always For Eternity ❯ Unexpected ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Beyblade characters. Acirimik Kivanov is my own character, as well as the Static Shocz.

Always For Eternity

Chapter Two: Unexpected

The red blade flew from the dish into the wall surrounding the arena, creating a long jagged crack to emerge and flow to the bottom. Gary stood frozen as he watched the blade fall to the floor after creating the indent. Acirimik stood still as she watched Gary retrieve his with a growing smirk on her face. "How could I lose? I'm a White Tiger." Acirimik shook her head in amusement, causing her dark purple hair to shield her eyes, making them disappear. `Open your eyes you fool. It helps to see what you're doing.' Acirimik thought to herself as she stepped into the dish to collect her silvery blue blade, which had stopped spinning after she delivered the final attack that had caused Gary's blade to go flying into the stonewall. After shaking Gary's hand she left the stadium, headed the for the hotel hoping to learn her next opponent, and plan her next battle.

Using her key card, Acirimik let herself into her hotel room. Looking through the schedule that Mr. Dickenson had given the each blader, she saw that everyone was to meet for lunch at twelve forty five, to get reacquainted and socialize. Acirimik rolled her eyes when she read Mr. Dickenson's reasoning. `That's a waste of time. Why do I have to go. It's not like I'll be included anyway. I'm always the outsider, the outcast. The one who doesn't belong.' Glancing at the clock Acirimik sat down in a chair and turned on her laptop. Scrolling through pages of the BBA's beyblader information folders, Acirimik collected information on her next victim. `At least he's stronger than my last opponents, but not complicated to beat.' Writing down the techniques of her opponent for further use she logged out of the BBA's database, and logged off of her computer and put it away. A knock came on her door, and her blue eyes darted to the clock. `12:40. I'm not late' Sighing to herself, she opened up the door. In front of her stood Mr. Dickenson, in his usual suit. "Time to go Acirimik. Were going to be late for lunch." Acirimik held back a cringe when she heard Mr. Dickenson's corny voice. Brushing past him she headed down the hall to the elevator doors and hit the down button. Holding the door for the old man she glared at him when he entered the elevator with a smile on his round podgy face.

Acirimik had found an isolated table in a shadowed corner of the room. Leaning back into her chair, she put her head against the wall, and watched as the others stuffed their faces with food. Mr. Dickenson stood up and waited for the room to quiet down before he spoke. "First of all, I would like to thank you all for coming all the way to beautiful Hawaii. For most of you it was a long flight. Tyson you eat that much on a BBA plane again, you will pay the food bill." Tyson looked at Mr. Dickenson innocently smiling. "You wouldn't do that to me. I'm a growing kid." Mr. Dickenson smiled at him before continuing. "This tournament is solely for the purpose of creating new beyblade teams, and finding old ones that are not as well known. The five teams strong enough" he motioned at the people in the room " will not be enough to take on the Kivanov Foundation trainees and teams." Acirimik watched from her corner, as Max's face paled when he heard this, and immediately asked to be excused and silently left the room. The bladers looked at the door Max left through in confusion, then quickly turned to Mr. Dickenson for an answer. Mr. Dickenson was as confused as they were and shook his head. "Acirimik what is it that bothers Max about the Kivanov Foundation?" Looking at the floor her eyes narrowed and darkened. "He was a trainee, and the Static Shocz his friends. If you'll excuse me." Without waiting for a reply she strode out of the room. The four remaining Blade Breakers sat silently in shock, as they watched Acirimik exit the dining hall.

Collapsing on the bed Acirimik closed her eyes as her body started to shake uncontrollably. Her slightly muscled arm fell to the floor where her duffle bag was located, and undid the zipper. When her arm came back to her side it held a pictures of four boys and a girl surrounded by fifty or sixty smaller kids who were all smiling. The five bladers in front were holding their launchers in one hand and the other was on a giant golden trophy that had BBA on it and their team name. Acirimik smiled as she looked at the picture, as it brought back memories. `I miss you guys. You were the only decent team I was ever on. But that was taken away from me after we won the World Championships in Egypt.'

Sitting up Acirimik ran to her computer and turned it on. Creating an msn account she typed in an account name. Smirking when she realised that the person was logged and talking to three others, she sent a message and waited for their reply.

Meanwhile in the Dining Hall…

"How would Acirimik know what is bothering Max Mr. Dickenson?" the All-starz football player asked. Mr. Dickenson's eyes darted around the room and looked at each individual person. Sighing in defeat he pulled up a chair and sat down. "When Acirimik called Max the Static Shocz friend, she also meant that he was her friend. Acirimik was the captain and close friend of the Static Shocz. Acirimik started to blade on her own after one of her team mates was hurt. I think it was her. Weather or not that team mate forgave her, I can't say. She tried blading on different teams, but it didn't work out for unknown reasons. Not much in known about young Acirimik. Everything about her is mostly speculation. Max and her probably kept in touch after she left. Again I can't say for sure. She disappeared after that, and it was a stroke of luck that I found her at the regional qualifying tournament in London, England." The others remained silent when Mr. Dickenson finished speaking. What Mr. Dickenson had said slowly made it into the minds of the bladers, and shocked them. Johnny McGregor put up his hand and Mr. Dickenson nodded in his direction. "Why is Acirimik allowed in here with us if she's not on a team? And why are we trusting her? She could be a spy for the foundation" Mr. Dickenson looked at the Scottish blader. " She is a strong blader. We need her to get into the main computer at the Palace. Then there's also the fact that she is guaranteed a position on a team, weather she wants it or not. We'll just have to put her on one of the stronger teams that will come out of this tournament. Why trust her? Because she hates the foundation and the Palace and she wants to see them crash and burn. Literally if possible." The others laughed at this before getting up and filing out of the room with their respective teams.

Acirimik walked out of the hotel briskly without a word to the others, to tall them where she was going or what time she would be back. She got the feeling they didn't really care. Taking out a map of Honolulu she found her way through the streets to a small corner café located on the other side of the city. As she opened the door the bell above chimed. Ordering a coke she sat down in a corner booth and took out her laptop and started clicking away.

The bell above the door chimed, causing Acirimik to look up from her laptop screen. Noticing who walked in she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. The group she was waiting for had finally arrived. Putting her laptop aside for now, she stood and waited for them to walk over. Acirimik and the four boys stood silently for a few minuets doing nothing, until the blue haired boy stepped forward and pulled Acirimik into a hug. The other three followed when he let her go and gave her a smile. "It's good to see you again Acirimik. The Palace isn't the same without you, especially since the trainees want you to teach them and not the instructors. They've lost all sense of living. When they found out where we were going they wanted to come along, but given the circumstances we thought they should stay behind." Acirimik nodded her thanks and sat down beside the red haired boy, putting her head on his shoulder. The red head smiled and put his arm around her delicately. "How have you been doing Acirimik? You had me worried when you didn't contact me like you said you would." The red head nudged her, but received only a glare in return. "Little sis… what's wrong?" The red head looked at the others, and they silently got up and walked out of the café. "It's just you and me now. Tell me what's wrong." Acirimik tried to stop the tears from falling but they fell anyway. "The upcoming tournament in Russia. Mr. Dickenson…" The boy put a finger to her lips to silence her. "I already know. Max told us what Stanley Dickenson said. Don't worry about us we've got it all worked out. We have a meeting with Stanley in the morning. You won't have to face us, or any of the trainees. I promise you." Acirimik's hand went to her eyes and furiously wiped away the tears with her sleeve. "Thanks Stataus" Acirimik stood up and walked to the window and motioned for the others to come inside. Acirimik sat down between the blue haired boy and Stataus. Leaning forward they began to discuss issues. Acirimik was not paying attention however. She spent the conversation memorizing what her friends now looked like. Who knew how long it would be before they saw each other again.

Acirimik exited the café with her friends following closely behind her. "You ever need to talk to someone, you know where to find me." Stataus whispered in her ear as they gave each other one last hug. Acirimik lat go and smiled at the others before turning around and heading back to the hotel. Smiling to herself she walked down the now crowded streets of Honolulu. Acirimik looked into the store windows as she passed them thinking about what she would want if she became the world's best blader. She looked at a clock above a store window and took off at a sprint down the street. `I have five minuets to get back to the hotel!' Acirimik thought to herself as she rounded a corner. Hitting something hard Acirimik fell backwards onto the even harder cement sidewalk. Acirimik stared at the blurry red haired boy in front of her. "Stataus?" Acirimik watched as the persons right hand extended towards her, and the other one went to hide a smile, the boy helped Acirimik to her feet. Acirimik stared at him as her vision un-blurred. "I'm not the captain of the Static Shocz, but I am the captain of the `Demo Boys'." Acirimik mentally slapped herself, she knew that Stataus was on the other side of the city. Acirimik and Tala remained silent on the walk back to the hotel.

Acirimik swiped the keycard to get into her room. Before she entered she turned around to look at Tala, who was still leaning against the wall. "I'm sorry about what happened with your old team. It wasn't your fault that Markus got hurt. He shouldn't have tried to stop your match with Bran. Don't blame yourself for his mistake." Tala immediately took off down the hallway, and entered his room before Acirimik could respond. Acirimik took out her laptop, and started to type late into the night.

`Why can' t I sleep tonight.' Acirimik thought to herself in frustration as she sat up in the bed. Glancing at the bedside clock she read the time. `4:00. Maybe a walk will clear my head' walking across the room Acirimik grabbed her blue coat that she had thrown across a chair when she first arrived. Leaving the hotel room as silently as she could, she walked down the hallway to the red exit sign above the stairwell door. Climbing to the rough Acirimik opened the door and felt the bitter wind hit her body, causing her to shiver momentarily.

`I face the shrimp of the Demolition Boys tomorrow.' A laugh escaped her lips as she looked over the edge of the hotel roof. "What are you laughing at?" Acirimik turned around and looked behind her. `The spiky red haired angle. Wait I did not just think that.' Tala stood silently with his hands on his hips waiting for an answer. "What are you doing here Tala? I want to be alone." She was no longer facing Tala but she could see the smirk he had across his lips. "Are you sure alone is what you want Acirimik?" Acirimik stared at the few people running around on the streets far below her. `Is alone what I want?' Acirimik suddenly backed away from the ledge of the hotel roof and shut her eyes to keep the tears from falling. Tala's hand came down on her shoulder and turned her around. "If you decide to join a team. The four of us would be more than happy to accept you. Okay?" Acirimik nodded her head causing dark purple locks to fall into her eyes. Tala opened up the stairwell door and motioned for her to follow. Upon reaching the Tala's hotel room, Acirimik bid him goodnight and went down the hall to her own room. Entering as silently as she did when she left she fell onto her bed and was immediately asleep.