Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Always For Eternity ❯ Facing Fears ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Beyblade characters. Acirimik Kivanov is my own character, as well as the Static Shocz and Xantcha is my friends. Please don't use without permission.
 
 
 
Always For Eternity
Chapter 12: Facing Fears
 
 
A purple haired boy ran excitedly down the hallways of the mansion he and his parents shared. The former team mates laughed as the six year old threw himself onto his fathers lap when he ran though the main dining rooms oak doors. “Mommy's coming home today! I hope she remembered to bring us something.” Tala smiled genuinely at his hyperactive son and nodded “Do you want to go with me, Kai and Bryan to meet Mommy and Xantcha at the airport?” The little boy nodded happily as his father gave him another kind smile and set him on the floor. “Why don't you go wake up Uncle Bryan and tell him were leaving in an hour.” Happily the boy ran from the room screaming his uncles name as he ran down the deserted hallways.” Bryan will kill you for waking him up at this hour. You know he's not a morning person.” The red head sat back into the leather chair and looked at his slate haired friend, giving him a look that stated he didn't really care. “You know he doesn't mind waking up to Talmich's smiling face. Cancel that he loves waking up to see my son's smiling face.” Kai smiled at the thought of the purple haired teen jumping on his uncle's bed to wake him up and then running from the room in an ill attempt to escape Bryan's harmless wrath. Giggling was heard down the hallway as Talmich came running into the room with Bryan closely behind him. The small boy jumped onto his fathers lap again and met his uncle's playful eyes. “Was their something you wanted to tell me `noisy'?” Dark violet hair covered the boys blue eyes as he shook his head. “Ummm… Daddy wanted me to tell you that were leaving for the airport in an hour.” Bryan's features softened even more as he picked the kid up off of his fathers lap. “Thank's for telling me Talmich. Now why don't we go to the kitchen and I'll make you some of my special chocolate chip pancakes?” Talmich smile grew larger as his uncle carried him out of the room leaving the others to talk…
 
 
Red hair flashed in front of Acirimik drawing her attention to the person who appeared in front of her. Stataus stood calmly waiting for a reaction to his presence. Blue eyes glazed over in momentary confusion and fear as the place of emptiness started to get to her head. The fear of being alone once again consumed the already emotional teen. “That boy was mine and Tala's son, wasn't he Stataus?” The red headed captain of the Static Shocz nodded silently. “You must overcome your fears and trust in yourself and learn trust in others Acirimik. Without it you will move on with your life after the tournament and Tala will move on with his, and your son will never be born. Is alone what you want? To live a life of emptiness, without anyone to love, or without anyone to love you in return. Think about my words carefully Acirimik, don't make the wrong choice like I did…you'll live to regret it.” The image faded leaving Acirimik alone in the darkness that surrounded her. A feeling of loneliness crept itself into the young females heart, leaving behind the pain of sorrow. “I don't want to be alone anymore!” The nothingness that surrounded her swallowed her cry and the sobs that followed it shortly after.
 
 
Acirimik awoke to find herself carefully wrapped in the firm arms of Tala, who was looking at her in concern as he sat on the edge of the bed. Had she screamed out, and awoken him from his peaceful slumber, or had he been awake already. Questions flew through her already troubled mind as she relaxed into the embrace she was in. Crystal blue eyes scanned the room and took in the unfamiliar sites of the room she was in. Slowly memories of the previous night found their way to the front of her mind, causing her to ask herself why she was in Tala's room instead of her own. “You feel asleep at the end of our conversation last night and I didn't want to disturb you so I moved you to the bed, and slept on the couch…” Tala said as though reading her mind. She could tell he wanted to say more, but was too reluctant to ask. Acirimik gave him a questioning look, pleading for an answer that allowed him to speak his mind. Tala denied the plea and pulled her closer to him. Acirimik noticed that her arm had been bandaged again in the middle of the night, most likely by Tala. Maybe he hadn't slept as well as she had assumed. Maybe he never did. Minuets of silence passed as the two enjoyed the feeling of being in the others presence. “You'll always have me Acirimik. You won't have to be alone if you don't want to be.” Tala's statement hung in the air as the words registered in Acirimik's mind. A faint blush crossed his face, causing Acirimik to smile and pull his arms tighter around her. Three words sat on the tip of Acirimik's tongue, begging to be said aloud. “I…I love you.” Acirimik stuttered as she prepared herself for rejection. It never came. Instead Tala kissed her passionately muttering incoherent things, which were followed by `I love you to.'
 
 
Acirimik stepped into her walk in closet silently, and walked to where a black silk covering was hanging over a case that reached from the floor to end a few inches from the ceiling. Sturdy hands grasped the fine silk and tore it away in a swift motion, revealing a brand new and never before used outfit. A pale hand produced a silver key from a pants pocket, which was inserted into the three locks the clear glass case was home to. The door opened seconds later and crystal blue eyes gazed at the outfit, oblivious to the pair of eyes watching her from the doorframe. A single tear fell down the girl's cheek as haunting memories came flooding back to her mind, making her panic slightly as they haunted her vision. Feathery light kissed were placed on her neck, bringing her back to reality meanwhile startling her. The sleepy Russian comforted his closest friend as more crystalline tears fell down her cheeks in a steady flow. “You want to talk about it?” Acirimik shuddered slightly but nodded anyway knowing it would help.
 
 
“It all started when I was the first female to be accepted at the palace to be trained… The primary reason I was accepted was because I was Statice Kivanov's granddaughter. I was treated differently than everyone else until I started surpassing everyone else in the training courses, routines, and trials. Only then did people realize that I was their for more reasons than my `status' at the palace and in the Kivanov bloodline. I quickly became a favourite of the trainees, and a hated student of the instructors, Baltic in particular. I was made the team captain so I could lead them to victory in the world championships in Egypt.
 
 
“While I was there I met Xantcha and she taught me that there was more to blading than hurting others and winning. She had come from a past similar to mine, and I found that I had begun to become friends with her. My team and me went on to win the finals and got the spoils. We brought Xantcha back with us, and under my request she started her training and I furthered mine.
 
 
“Two years and three months later my life was turned upside down when I was told that I was no longer needed, and because I had no true family that I knew of at the time they said they would leave me in a Moscow and hope someone brought me off the street. Later that night at my final practise with my team I was unable to concentrate so I was issued a beating by Baltic. I took the beating and went back to training. My temper had risen and I wasn't in a forgiving mood of anyone. I was up against Markus and he was losing horribly, so he pulled out all the stops and attacked me head on with his bitbeast.
 
 
“I woke up six weeks later in a hospital in Moscow, with little chance I would ever walk or move again on my own. Boris let you visit me once a month and you and me would have those long meaningless discussions because we didn't want to be separated. Slowly my ability to move came back to me. I never told you and the doctors didn't seem to notice, so I chose to hide it. Three months after that I had received an email from Stataus, Bran, and Xantcha saying that they were going to stop by for a visit. We talked for hours, until the conversation of family came up. Bran and Stataus had done some research on their family tree and realised that they were related to me… Stataus my brother, and Bran my only cousin. They said they had a house on the outskirts of the city that our parents had left us that no one knew about. They told me to go there if I ever got out of the hospital.
 
 
“Xantcha had stayed with me when my grandmother kicked her out like she had me. For weeks we had been creating new names and identities for us to go by when I was able to leave. I was getting restless, and Xantcha noticed it. She asked why and I admitted I was able to move on my own to a certain extent. A few days after that we both disappeared and moved to live in the house my brother had told us about. I spent a year getting back my strength, and even more getting back my beyblading skills. I made money from hacking and little computer things. Xantcha sang at clubs and did some concerts earning some money. We also taught others how to blade, and we gave your team a lesson in the passion of the sport, and how to win without cheating. And now here we are, in Russia, at the same house it all began at.”
 
 
Acirimik's tears had somehow ceased when she started talking of her past. They were now sitting on Acirimik's bed as she finished recalling the story. Tala sat with wide eyes and stared at the wall. His eyes showed that he was in deep thought. His monthly visits at the hospital, and the girl that always sat in the corner silently watching replayed in his mind over and over again. Acirimik was three when she had begun her training and gat her first championship when she was seven, six months after she had seen Tala. Then Tala had found out she was in the hospital when she was nine and the monthly visits began. The times fit and it made sense to Tala if he thought about. Acirimik waited patiently as he thought it through again and again, making sure there were no flaws. Tala blinked a few times and smiled as he focused his gazed on the purple haired teen in front of him. “Who gave you that outfit?” Acirimik pointed at the enlarged picture of Acirimik and her old team. He understood and wasn't going to press the matter further. He had an idea why anyway. “I'll leave you so you can get changed.” Tala walked out of the room casually and closed the door behind him, leaving Acirimik to her thoughts and the outfit that had haunted her.
 
 
“We are not coming back Statice, and that's final, you hear me! I will not hurt my sister yet once again, work for you ever again, and I refuse no matter what you offer me to lie, cheat, of harm others for your benefit! If you don't like it then to BAD!” The phone hit the table with a thud as Acirimik stood silently outside of the main dining room knowing full well that she was the only blader not present. Oak doors opened suddenly, revealing a furious Stataus on the other side. The captain stopped in mid-step as his little sister looked at him mortified. Taking note of his sister's attire the colour from his face drained in recognition. Stataus stepped back and let Acirimik step into the room before muttering an apology and slamming the door behind him as he walked out. Acirimik stood proudly in front of the doors wearing the newer version of her old training clothes. The dark blue sweater stood out against the white turtleneck vest that had a light purple stripe going down the centre. The vest was undone to the starting of her blue sweaters collar. Lavender stripes ran down the seems of sapphire blue pants, ending as the reached her black steel toed boots. The sweaters sleeves were rolled back slightly so you could see the black wrist bands that had dark purple and silver dragons embroidered on them. The final piece lay hanging around her exposed neck. A silver dragon with emerald eyes shimmered against the light, attracting even Tyson's uncaring eyes. “You look awesome Acirimik.”
 
 
Tala stood in shock as Acirimik advanced farther into the room. Responses between the Demolition Boys and the Bladebreakers were the same. Shock. Bran opened his mouth to speak, only to close it seconds later when no words came out. The fact of an emotional conflict inside of the three Static Shocz was evident on their faces. Every few seconds their faces would show a different emotion. The three bladers left the room without a word to go and look for their captain. The shock that been on the others bladers faces had long since disappeared, and had been replaced with looks of confusion. “I don't want to talk about it” Acirimik spoke quietly as Kai opened his mouth to speak. “Is there anything that you are willing to tell us? We know more about Xantcha than we know about you, and all she has told us is her name and her nationality.” Acirimik hesitated at the computer genius's question. Always having feared it she had hoped it would never come.