Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Always For Eternity ❯ Snow War ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade of any of its characters. Acirimik and the Static Shocz are my own characters, please don't use without permission. Xantcha is my friends character, do not use without asking
 
 
 
Always For Eternity
Chapter 13: Snow War
 
 
Acirimik pulled out a chair and sat down without speaking as the other bladers minus Tala and Xantcha waited expectantly for an answer to Kenny's statement. “You don't have to answer if you don't want to Acirimik, we won't push you.” Bryan stated quietly as the others stared at him in shock, he'd wanted an answer as much as they did so why was he saying that. Acirimik nodded her thanks to her emotionless team mate. “I still want an answer to my question!” Acirimik rolled her eyes at the computer genius before turning her attention to her team captain who was making his way towards her casually. Tala bent down and muttered a few words into her ear quietly making sure no one heard what he was saying. Acirimik smirked slightly as the red head backed away and walked back to his original position against the wall. “Okay, fine. My birth name was Staia Carado but I changed it to Acirimik Taikashie Kivanov when I was nine. I was born and raised in Russia.” The statement was blunt and without any form of emotion, frightening a few of the males. Kenny's jaw had dropped in recognition when Acirimik had stated her last name. “Your Statice Kivanov's only granddaughter, and the youngest and most successful team captain in history! You hold two… no three world championships right. Your first was in Egypt, you second in Australia, and your third was in America.” At the end of the final statement everyone but Xantcha stood in shock, looking at the female Russian. “That explains why Mr.Dickenson wanted you on a team so badly. Wait… did he know who you were?” Acirimik nodded her head. “Why do you think he was so desperate to find me? If he had me on his side, the thing wouldn't have a chance in a million years, or more. Plus the fact that I have family on the Static Shocz, both of which are easily influenced by me, and theirs the third and final factor. My best friend would have followed me since she bears a grudge against Statice, just like I do.” The men raised an eyebrow when she mentioned a friend. Acirimik motioned toward Xantcha who stood calmly, leaning on the wall oblivious to the conversation around her and lost in thought. The Egyptian opened her eyes when she felt others eyes on her. Everyone was looking back and forth from her to Acirimik trying to make sense of it. Employee's entered the room carrying trays of food and placed then down on the table. The conversation was quickly forgotten as they bladers sat down around the table and started to select from the mountains of food in front of them.
 
 
“I am not participating in snow war when I don't know there the ice is Acirimik, I already told you… Hey let me go Tala! Talaaaaaaaaaaa.” The red head was refusing to listen to the words that came from the angry Egyptians mouth. Reaching the others who were waiting in the centre of the snow-covered fields behind the Kivanov mansion Tala released Xantcha's arms and stood silently behind her as Kai joined him, insuring that the platinum haired teen didn't go anywhere. “Here's an idea, girls against boys!” Tyson exclaimed earning a dirty look from the other boys. Acirimik and Xantcha exchanged looks before turning their gaze back to the others. “Alright.” The Russian captains shook their heads no. Tala, Kai, and Bryan walked to stand beside the girls and the teams were silently decided. “Well that makes it even since girls can't throw, and we've got three who can't throw.” Ian stated. He was referring to Tyson, Kenny, and Max. Crimson eyes gave a warning to Ian before their owner stalked across the field with Acirimik beside her.” “We'll prove you wrong Ian, you'll be the first to be hit by me and Xantcha.” Acirimik smirked as she waited for her team mates to catch up to them. “This is going to be to easy.” “And unfair for them.”
 
 
Snow flew from both sides of the field without stopping. As promised the first person that Acirimik and Xantcha hit was the little guy who was a big talker. Ian ran around trying to dodge the deadly aim of the angry girls, who were out to get him for his comments. Spencer was the only real threat on the opposing team, so Bryan and Tala kept him busy. The large blonde gave up in his fight and disappeared into the mansion signalling that he was finished. The lilac haired blader turned his attention to Wyborg's master. Ian unexpectedly dived behind Ray in an attempt to avoid being hit by a snowball thrown by Bryan. No more snowballs were in the air as Ray fell from the blow, with a cut on the right side of his face. Bryan was immediately at his side apologizing time again, but to no avail. All he got was a cold glare from Ray, and emotionless looks from the others. Acirimik paused as she ran forward to Ray's side. “Why are you apologizing for Bryan? I'm the one who hit him. Your snowball connected with Ian's big nose. Sorry Ray I was trying to get Ian, I didn't know that he was going to duck behind you.” “I vouch for that. Acirimik can't throw that hard.” Ian rolled over and revealed a bloodied nose. “Why is it so funny when it's Ian or Tyson, but never funny when it's someone else?” Kai asked. “Cause they… ummm… cause they don't make a big deal out of it, or they don't notice it. Plus it usually serves them right for all the trouble they cause us.” Tyson snorted and walked into the house with Ian behind him, trying to stop the flow of blood. “Don't worry about it Acirimik, like you said you didn't mean it. Sorry Bryan I shouldn't have jumped to a conclusion.” Snow had started to fall softly onto the ground and the sky had begun to grow dark. All of the bladers started to head inside for dinner. Xantcha suddenly froze when she looked down at her feet, and noticed that the ground was shinny. She was standing on a thin layer of ice. Icy blue eyes looked behind him and noticed the Egyptian standing still on the ground. “Your afraid of ice?” Xantcha nodded not liking her options. Beg Tala for help, degrading but better than waiting for someone else to notice her, and not knowing whom it would be. Or crawl off the ice on her hands and knees in front of a dozen video surveillance cameras. At least Tala wasn't Kai, and he wouldn't tell anyone.
 
 
“I'll help you off the ice if you answer me one thing.” Xantcha nodded as he continued. “You moved to Russia when you were six or seven, but you're not a fan of snow, cold weather, or ice. How does that work?” Xantcha looked at him confusion wondering how he knew that. “It's called don't go out when there is snow on the ground, and wear lots of layers when you do.” Keeping his word Tala stepped onto the ice cautiously and offered his hand as he drew near to Xantcha. She quickly accepted it and was led off the ice immediately as she clung onto his arm for dear life. Xantcha let him go when they reached the patio steps and started to climb them before stopping and turning to face Tala again. “How did you know that I lived here since I was a six year old?” The red head shrugged and passed her on the steps without thinking. “She told me about her past, and how she met you.” The silver haired teen stood in shock as the words passed his lips. `She told someone. She told HIM!' Tala knew he didn't need to say who `she' was and continued walking up the patio and into the house. Xantcha remained still for a few minuets before following Tala into the mansion.
 
 
Later that night, early morning…
 
 
The purple haired teen jumped off the balcony that was attached to her room and landed gracefully on the snow-covered ground beneath her without making a sound. `I vouch for that, Acirimik can't throw that hard.' The incident that had happened earlier that day repeated in her mind. Walking into the centre of the field she studied the ground looking for where Ray had fallen. Acirimik fell to her knees and started searching for the piece of ice that was in the snowball she had so called thrown. Her hand glazed over something that wasn't snow. It was a small rock with a sharp edge on one side. `This must have been what cut Ray's face.' The rock was small enough that even Bryan could have easily missed it if it was under the white layer of snow. Knowing the cause Acirimik walked into the dense vegetation surrounding the area. “I took the blame for Bryan, when he was the one who hit Ray. I hit Ian's big nose, which I was proud of, but I didn't admit it. Is it better that Ray and Ian aren't mad at Bryan? Is it better that Ray's mad at me?” Acirimik kept walking and finally entered a clearing that contained a small stream that had been frozen over with a thin layer of ice when the snow had begun to fall. Acirimik sat down on the edge and watched as the water flowed beneath it calmly, as though unaware that it was closed in by ice.
 
 
Ray acknowledged the emotionless Russian beside him with a nod as he continued to stare out a living room window. “Is it just me or is tonight the night of unsleeping people?” Bryan raised a lilac eyebrow confused by the statement. Ray took his eyes off the falling snow and looked at the blader beside him. “Ian is complaining about his nose to Spencer. Kai is muttering curses at Tyson, Max, and Kenny who are playing some kind of computer game on Max's laptop. Tala's typing away on his own laptop and is waiting for Acirimik to come back inside. I'm staring at the snow outside and wondering why Acirimik took the blame for what you did, and then said you had Ian. Finally your standing beside me for reasons I don't know.” Bryan thought about Ray's words and chuckled softly. “You forgot about Xantcha who is sitting in her room complaining about ice, snow, cold weather, Tyson, and Ian.” Ray nodded his head and went back to looking out the window. Bryan moved and peered out the window as the snow fell down. A figure he recognized as Acirimik walked from the trees and across the field briskly, and slowed down as she approached the side of the house. A light appeared on the snow-covered ground as someone opened a balcony down and a shadow emerged and greeted the teen below it. Acirimik started climbing the side of the mansion and a hand extended to help her over the balcony's edge. The shadow was easily recognized as Tala because of his flaming hairs figure. Ray noticed this and watched as well as the shadows kissed before the light disappeared, signalling that the curtains had been closed once again. Immediately Ray went back to watching the snowfall peacefully onto the ground, as Bryan joined him.
 
 
“How did you know it was me that threw the snowball at you, when Acirimik said it was her?” Ray turned his attention to the teen beside him once again. “The way you reacted when she said it. You were stunned and your facial features said you didn't believe her, and knew it wasn't true. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. You didn't know what Ian was going to do, much less the fact there was a rock or piece of ice in the snowball you had made.” “You forgive me then?” Bryan didn't get his hopes up. He figured his new friendship with Ray would be destroyed, and he would never talk to him again. “Unless you don't want me to forgive you, yes I forgive you. It's only a small cut after all.” A sigh of relief passed Bryan lips as Ray placed a hand on his shoulder as a sign of forgiveness. “You worry to much Bryan.” Ray received a dirty look from the Russian as they walked out of the room with one last glance at the window behind them. `Bryan's emotions are coming back to him, and he doesn't even know it. When he realises it's going to scare him, and he's going to need someone to be their for him.' With that final thought Ray closed the door and disappeared down the hallway and started to climb the stairs.
 
 
Ray's theory about Bryan had been more accurate than most would have hoped. Over the next four weeks more emotions came back to the lilac haired blader, with each one scaring him more than the last. He did everything from loose his temper with his team mates and his friends, to isolate himself in his room for days on end, coming out only when Ray begged him, or he was hungry. The bladers including the Static Shocz felt he might try something foolish due to the new feelings he was experiencing. As a result Ray ended up sharing a room with Bryan, being the only one the other teens trusted. Surprisingly the one emotionless Russian accepted it without complaint. The Chinese boy had somehow persuaded Bryan to un-teach Falborg how to attack the blader. The Russian didn't think it could be done, but with some encouragement from Tala and Kai he decided he would give it a try. After a week Falborg had forgotten it's old ways, as Bryan had forgotten the emotions that were etching themselves into his life. Ray admitted later that un-teaching Falborg had acted as a mere distraction so he could help Bryan deal with the strange feelings without him realising it. Bryan had raised an eyebrow and smacked Ray across the head playfully when he heard the explanation for his actions. In the end only one problem remained. No matter how many times Ray told Bryan to forget what he did to him during the World Championships in Moscow, regret still lingered. Unsure of why Ray thought so highly of him as a friend and as a person, Bryan forgot the question and returned the feelings. As the two months for relaxation and preparation came to an end Bryan and Ray had become like long lost brothers who refused to leave the others side, unless they didn't have a choice.
 
 
With whatever was going to happen just around the corner the bladers went to bed early, all of them slightly intimidated by what they were about to face. At least the original Static Shocz were out of the way and weaker ones would be in their place. Hopefully. Acirimik had given them some idea of what to expect from the new team, but nothing would have prepared them for what was to happen the next day.