Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Bitbeast ❯ New Team mate ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kai walked down the streets of Tokyo thinking about nothing in perticular when a group of girls swarmed him. "It's Kai, oh my god!" "Will you sign my hat?" "Will you go out with me?" is what they kept saying as Kai tried to get them away form him.
"For fucks sake! Let the guy go!" a voice said from against the wall. The girls turned and narrowed their eyes at the intruder of their happiness.
"Why should we? Kai likes getting attention from beautiful girls like us" a girl latched to Kai's arm said and Kai sweatdropped in annoyance.
"You're kidding right? All the guy wants is to be left alone. He's a cold hearted bastard, do you actually think the guy could love any of you? The thought of it is hillarious. Not only that, but he'd never have any time for you anyway. He's always practicing" the person told them as they got off the wall they had been leaning on.
"How'd you know?" the same girl latched to Kai's arm asked.
"You girls are complete bubble-heads. It says so in every single magazine that has run an article and interveiws on the Bladebreakers. But hey, don't take my word for it. In fact, they just published another article in a magazine that's sold across town if you want to check for yourself" they told the girls and the girls looked at each other before letting go of Kai and starting to run to the store across town.
"You just sent them on a wild goose chase didn't you?" Kai stated with a sly grin as he watched the girls go.
"Oh the magazine's real all right, but the article was on the White Tigers, not you guys. Later" they said and then walked off, leaving Kai puzzled. Kai returned back to Tyson's dojo still thinking about that mysterious person and wondered how they knew so much about him.
"Hey Kai, whoa what happened to you?" Tyson asked as he came through the gate door.
"Yah, why do you smell like Hillary?" Max asked as the phoenix child walked into the garden.
"Fan girls" was all he told them before going into the dojo to take a shower.
"Lucky bastard, always gets the girls no matter how cold hearted he his towards people" Ray said as the three resumed their practice.
"Hey Tyson! Someone's here to see Kai" Grandpa said as he came around back.
"Thanks Gramps, we'll tell him" Tyson said and his Grandpa disapeared. They looked at each other wondering who'd want to see Kai and what they wanted with him.
"Hey Kai, Gramps says there's someone here to see you" Tyson told Kai as he came back outside after ridding himself of all the fan girls scents. Kai didn't say anything but he walked around front and met the same cloaked person he had eariler.
"It's you" Kai said when he saw the person.
"You remembered a unimportant person like me, I'm surprised" they told Kai, s bit surprised by his action of rememberance. "Any way, here" they told him and droped Dranzer into his hand.
"Huh?" Kai said when he saw it was his blade. "You must have dropped it in the fiasco with those sluts, I knew you'd want it back" they told him before turning around and leaving through the gate. "Wait, who are you?" Kai asked as they walked down the street.
"That's my seceret" they told Kai and continued walking away.
"Hey Kai, who was that?" Ray asked as he and the gang came running to where Kai was.
"I don't know" he told them and walked into the dojo to think.
'That mysterious person, who are they?' Kai thought as he looked at Dranzer to make sure his blade hadn't been tampered with.
"Guys, take a look at this" Kenny said the next morning as he woke the others up.
"What is it Kenny?" Hillary asked as she, Max, Ray and Kai gathered around Dizzi. Tyson was still asleep and snoring.
"It's a letter from Mr. Dickenson. He says we're to meet him today in his office for an important meeting at 10am" Cheif told them as he scanned the letter.
"10am? We'll never get Tyson up in time" Max said as he looked at the clock on the wall.
"Leave it to me" Kai said with an evil grin on his face.
"Tyson is going on a diet an will not be blading for the next three tournaments" Kai said loudly and Tyson bolted upright.
"What? You can't Kai please!" Tyson said and the others laughed as Kai smirked at the boy evily. "Arrg! I'll get you one day Kai" Tyson said once he realized what Kai had done.
"Whatever Tyson" Kai said and walked away.
(Mr. D's office)
"Now boys, I've called you here to tell you about something very important. The BBA has decided that for this years World Championships, a fifth member must be added to all previously formed teams. I'm holding a tournament to see who will qualify to be on the team. The winner of those matches will face one of you so you can determine how strong this blader is and if they'll need to improve before the first match of the year." Mr.D told them before his phone rang. "Hello? Yes. Yes, I understand. Thank you" he said into the phone and the hung up. "Well it seems that the winner has already clamed their victory and now it's time for one of you to face them" Mr. D said and the boys tried to figure out who'd do battle.
"I wanna battle him" Tyson said bostfully.
"Why is it always you who has to battle, let someone else go for a change" Hillary said slightly annoyed by Tyson.
"Dizzi, do you have any advice?" Cheif asked his bitbeast.
"I'd say let Kai battle" She answered her master.
"What? Are you serious? Kai'll rip him to shreds" Ray said shocked by the bitbeasts choice.
"That may be true, but Kai can tell the difference between a good blader and a bad blader and how much improvement they'll need" Cheif said as he shut his labtop.
"Kai?" Max said as they all looked at him with curiosity.
"Fine" he said and walked out of the room towards the stadium followed by the others.
(Stadium)
"And now the moment you've all been waiting for. Who will face the winner of this deciding tournament?" Jazzman said as the challenger prepared their blade. The door slid open and out walked Kai with a bored look. "It's team captian Kai from the Bladebreakers! Bladers are you ready? 3...2...1...LET IT RIP!" Jazzman said and the blades were launched. Kai looked up at the blader and saw it was that same cloaked person again.
"Humpf, so you're the one who'll be joining our team. Who are you?" Kai demanded as the blades hit against each other.
"Patience. You shall know soon enough" the person told Kai and went back to concentrating on the battle. "Athena, attack him now!" the person said and a water dragon bitbeast appeared.
"So you've got a bitbeast" Kai said as the person's bitbeast knocked his blade around. "Then I guess I should show you mine. Dranzer!" he said and the mighty phoenix appeared.
"Ah! I'm not impressed by that overgrown chicken. Sprite Tsunami Attack!" the person said and a giant water twister surrounded by a wave attacked Dranzer.
"Now it's my turn to be unimpressed. Dranzer! Volcano Emission!" Kai cried and his blade lit on fire. "Attack!" both cried and their blades hit each other in a blinding flash.
"Whoa! This is nuts, I can't see anything!" Jazzman said as everyone covered their eyes until the light died down. "It looks like only one blade is still spinning, but where'd the other one go?" Jazzman announced and the crowed looked puzzled.
"What goes up, must come DOWN!" the cloaked blader said and her blade reappeared on a course heading straight for Dranzer.
"Dranzer!" Kai said and his blade moved just in the knick of time, causing his opponents blade to stop spinning from the force it hit the ground with.
"Athena has stopped spinning! Kai and Drazer are the winner!" Jazzman announced and the crowed cheered wildly.
"You may have beat me today, but tomorrow's another day" the cloaked blader said as they retrieved their blade.
"Way to go Kai!" Ray, Max, Tyson, Hillary and Kenny cheered from the very top of the stadium.
"That's one powerful blader we'll have on our team" Cheif said as he analyzed the data Dizzi scanned during the match.
"That's true, but who is he?" Max asked Kenny as he continued to compile data.
"No one knows. It's like the thing with the Saint Sheilds all over again" Cheif said as he closed Dizzi.
"Aright, I've won this battle. Now tell me your name" Kai said but the blader just shook their head.
"This is neither the time nor the place, but you shall soon find out" they told Kai.
'Arrg, enough riddles damn it! I want to know who you are!' Kai thought angrily in his head as this blader continued to play games. "Whatever. Now follow me, Mr Dickenson and the others want to meet you" Kai said and he walked out of the stadium, the blader followed.
"So, this is your new teammate. What is your name?" Mr. D asked the blader as he and the others were in his office to discuss their new teammate and more about their first tournament.
"My name is Keri" the blader said as she removed the hood of her cloak so that they could see her face.
"Now, about your first tournament, it'll be held in America in two weeks. Your plane leaves tomorrow, so you best get packing" Mr. D said and they left to go back to Tyson's place.
"Sweet, another tournament. I bet we'll end up facing the All-Stars in the finals again" Tyson said as they walked along the street.
(Dojo)
"Grandpa, we're home!" Tyson called out as they walked through the gate.
"What took you so long?" a voice said to them.
"Ozuma!" Tyson said as he looked up onto his roof.
"Long time no see" another voice said from in the tree.
"Mariam, Joesph. How you doing?" Max said when he spotted them.
"Hey! What about me?" the last voice said.
"Dunga" Ray said as the Saint Sheilds came over to them.
"Hey guys, how's it going?" Hillary asked once they were all in one place.
"Just fine actually. We came here to tell you guys that we've been invited to the American Tournament and to meet our new member. This is Eris, she's from our villiage back home" Ozuma said and the girl stepped out from where she had been.
"That's so cool. We're in the tournament too." Ray said to them.
"We also have a new member, this is... Hey where'd she go?" Max said as he turned to the empty spot behind him that Keri had just occupied.
"Hey Max, look up" Kai said and they all looked up to find someone sitting on the gate with their cloak up.
"Hey Keri, come down here and meet the Saint Sheilds!" Tyson said and the girl flipped off the gate and landed on her feet inches from the Saint Sheilds. They could feel her eyes studying them, intreged by their outfits.
"Come on Keri, take off your hood so that they can see you" Max said slightly confused by the girl. Keri did as told and removed the hood that concealed her face.
"This is your new member? Hah! She looks preety weak to me" Dunga said and Keri's eyes narrowed at him dangerously.
"Is that a challenge then?" she asked dnagerously.
"Maybe it is. What you gonna do about it?" Dunga said bostfully.
"Accept it of course, but only to see you eat your words" she said to him and took out her blade. "You're on pipsqueak" he said and took out his own blade.
"3...2...1...LET IT RIP!" Max said as acting ref. and the two launched their blades.
"Go get her Vortex Ape" Dunga said and his blade imediately went on the offensive and attacked Keri's blade from all sides. Keri just grinned. "Hey, what's so funny?" Dunga asked as she smiled laughingly.
"Now! Athena attack!" she called out and her blade kicked into high gear. Her blade disappeared and then reappeared every time she struck at his Vortex Ape.
"Push it back Vortex Ape!" Dunga called and as soon as Athena reappeared again, Dunga's blade pushed it back.
"Sorry, but not this time, Athena!" she called out and her blade pushed Dunga's to the edge. "Use Atlantis' Secret!" she said and Athena became surrounded by water and knocked Dunga's blade out of the dish. Vortex Ape landed on the ground with a chip in its attack ring.
"Call me weak again and I'll do more than just leave a chip in it" Keri said as her blade returned to her hand.
"Remind me to on her good side" Tyson said as he watched Dunga pick up his blade.
"Too bad for you Tyson, I don't have a good side for you to stay on" she said evily while putting her hood back on and then walking away from them.
"Where are you going?" Kai said as Keri went to go through the gate.
"Does it matter, I'm not sticking around here" she said and walked off.
"Geez, she's worse than you Kai" Tyson said with his hands behind his head. "Humpf" he said and then went in the direction Keri had gone, for some reason he just didn't trust her.
"Hey anyone up for an ice-cream?" Tyson said to lighten the tension and everyone fell down anime style.
"What about Keri and Kai?" Hillary asked as they prepared to leave.
"Keri wants to be by herself right now but I'll bet Kai's following her" Ray said to them.
"Why in the world would Kai want to follow someone like her?" Tyson said cluelessly and the others sweatdropped.
"Kai always checks out people he doesn't trust, even if they're on the same team" Cheif said as he shut Dizzi and slipped on his shoes.
"You've got a point there. Well lets go already!" Tyson said impatiently and they all sweatdropped.
The Bladebreakers, minus Kai and Keri, and the Saint Sheilds went for ice-cream and the whole way they did the ice-cream chant. "I scream. You scream. We all scream for ice-cream!" they said as they rounded another corner and the parlor came into veiw.
Meanwhile, Kai was tailing his new teammate when he lost sight of her. "Huh? Where'd she go?" Kai said as he looked around startled by her sudden disappearence.
"Stop following me prick" a voice said from the tree above him.
"How did you do that?" Kai said in wonder, after all she did just vanish and turn up in a tree without making a sound.
"You think I'm gonna tell you? Hah! You've got to be stupider than you look feather brain" she said and then swung down from the tree and did a perfect landing. "You think I'm up to something suspicious don't you? I don't blame you, everyone else thinks I am. You just aren't that trusting of anyone are you?" she said shocking Kai, no one had ever figured out what went through his head, not even his teammates.
"You suprise me. No one's ever been able to figure me out so quickly before, not even my team" Kai said, confirming what she had said earlier.
"That's because neither of them have enough intelligence to stop goofing off and take you seriously" she said and Kai smirked. "You might as well go back to the others Kai because I'm not up to anything conspicuous" she told him before walking past him in the direction she was heading in before.
"What are you up to then?" Kai asked knowing if she wasn't doing anything conspicuous then she should tell him without a problem.
"What is this an interegation? I'm going to my hotel, why?" she asked annoyed by her team captian.
"Just because" he said and turned to leave in the opposite direction.
"You're a pain in the ass chicken boy so fuck off and leave me alone" she said rather calmly but stressed a few words and then walked off.
'At least I won't have to put up with another Tyson or surgar-high Max' Kai thought to himself as he headed back to Tyson's place.
'Arrogent prick, who the hell does he think he is butting into my personal activities?' Keri thought angrily as she unlocked the door to her hotel room.
(Later)
"Hey Kai! Where's Keri?" Ray asked as Kai walked into the dojo.
"Hotel" was all he answered before going into his 'silent mode' against the wall.
"Incoming!" Gramps said as he came into the room and swung his sword at Tyson.
"Grandpa, what is it now?" Tyson said as he sighed in embarassment.
"You let your home girl stay in a hotel when you know perfectly well she should be staying with your peeps" he said and everyone looked up at him slighty confused.
"What do you mean? It's her own choice where she wants to stay" Tyson said in his own defense.
"That may me true home boy but I bet you didn't even offer to let her stay with you and your crew. So get over there and ask before I decide not to feed yah" Gramps said before turning and walking out of the room with his wooden sword over his shoulder.
"Come on guys let's go" Tyson said standing up.
"Where are we going?" Hillary asked for she had just walked in the door, Kenny with her.
"To find Keri before Gramps doesn't let me eat ever again" Tyson said and cringed at the thought.
"What did you do now Tyson?" Cheif asked in a somewhat worried voice.
"ARRRG! I didn't do anything! Gramps says that I have to at least ask her to stay with us here or else he won't feed me!" Tyson explained in a frustrated voice.
"Dizzi do you know which hotel she's staying in?" Cheif asked his bitbeast in his laptop.
"Hum, lets see. Scanning files. There, she's in the one on Main Street, the Riveara Gardens Hotel" Dizzi said and they looked at the trapped bitbeast like she was nuts.
"Are you serious? The Riveara Gardens Hotel is the most expensive and upercut hotel in the entire city. Famous celeberties stay there and sometimes shoot parts of their movies there as well" Ray said in shock and Hillary OOOED at the sound of the place.
"With her looks I could stay there too" Dizzi said just to add that Keri's face had been one that could pass for a movie star with ease.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Lets go! It's almost time for supper" Tyson said and he ran out the door like he had just been shot out of a cannon.
"Hey Tyson wait up!" Max shouted as they all went running after him.
(Riveara Gardens Hotel)
Bang! Bang! Bang! "Keri! Are you in there? Open up!" Tyson shouted as he banged on Keri's hotel door. "Ker..ep!" Tyson said as the door opened and the girl came out with her hood down and a murderous glare in her eyes. "Eh eh, hi Keri" he said nervously as the others finally caught up with him.
"Tyson, don't just stand there like an idiot. Ask her already" Hillary said as she looked at the nervous boy.
"Uh right" he said to Hillary before turning his head back to Keri. "Uh Keri, we were wondering if you, perhapse... that is to say that... um" Tyson said as Keri just leaned on the door frame.
"O, for goodness sakes Tyson, can't you even form a proper sentence?" Hillary said as Tyson rubbed the back of his head embarassingly.
"What he means to say is that he was wondering if you'd like to stay with us at his place instead of here" Ray stepped in to help the poor guy.
"That is you don't have to but we thought it would be nice to ask anyway" Tyson said sheepishly as he poked his index fingers together back and forth.
"Whatever. Give me a sec" she said and re-entered her room. A few minutes later she came out with a backpack on and the room key in her hand. She checked out of the hotel for good and went with the others back to Tyson's place.
(Later)
"TYSON!" a voice called out and they saw Tyson run past them with a frightened look on his face before they saw Keri with a real sword in her hand go after him with a deadly murderous look.
"Wonder what he did now" Kenny said after the two had past by.
"I don't know but that was a real sword in her hand" Ray said and they all went to find Tyson and Keri.
"Tyson! Get down from there!" Keri said as Tyson hung onto a tree branch like his life really did depend on it.
"Keri, what's going on?" Max asked as they reached the two and found Tyson in the tree and Keri still with a sword.
"That little moronic idiot stole my blade and I want it back" she said in a stressed voice and the gang sighed before looking at Tyson.
"Give back her blade Tyson" Ray said in a tired out voice.
"I can't, I don't have it" Tyson said and no one really believed him.
"Where is it then?" Kenny asked hoping Tyson was telling the truth.
"It dropped into the pond when I hurried up the tree" Tyson said, trying to stress the fact that he was telling the truth. Ray went to go and look but Kai stepped in the way.
"It's not there" he simply said and Ray turned back to face Tyson.
"Where is it Tyson?" Ray said getting slightly frustrated by the whole situation.
"I..uh...that is" Tyson stammered as Keri grabbed a branch near her and started to pull herself up.
"You've got ten seconds before she reaches you Tyson" Kai said, humored by the ordeal.
"Okay okay! Here" Tyson said as Keri was on the branch just below him pointing the sword at his neck. Keri snatched it from him and grazed his leg with the blade before climbing down.
"Touch anything of mine again and even your friends won't be able to save you from my ultimate rath" she said coldly and walked past the gang into the house.
'Tyson's finally getting what he deserves' Kai thought as he turned to go into the house.
"I've never seen Tyson frightened so badly before" Kai said as he leaned on the door post to the room Keri was in.
"What's your point?" she asked coldly with her back turned to him.
"You should do it more often" he said before he disappeared around the corner.
"Whatever" she said to no one in particular but Kai still heard her.