Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Could this be.... ❯ Who is he? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Presenting , the second chapter of the story. I was actually planning to post this next month but somehow managed to make time and complete the chapter. Please read and let me know what you thought about this chapter so I can make the next one better. Anyways, on with the story.
 
 
Oh yeah, and before getting on with the story, thanks a lot for everyone who read the first chapter and special thanks to princess of fire for the review.
 
 
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 
 
 
CHAPTER 2 - WHO IS HE?
 
 
 
~after dinner~
 
 
“Hilary, I wanted to tell you that there's gonna be a-”, Mom started but there was knock on the door.
 
 
“I'll get it” , I said and opened the door… and my jaws dropped.
 
 
There stood a guy er.. not just a guy, a perfect bishounen. One thought crossed my mind. He's soo handsome!!
 
 
“er.. Hi!, My name is Scott”
 
 
 
@@@@@@@@
 
 
 
He was just like your typical high school girl's pin-up boy or a fantasy guy - tall and slim with black eyes and bluish green hair that fell lazily over his fore head and was wearing black pants with black turtle neck shirt and a black leather jacket.
 
 
“Oh! Scott, you're here”, Hilary's mom said cheerfully. “Well… Hilary, This is Scott, one of my friends' son. Since his parents have gone to America for some work he'd be staying here with us.”
 
 
~Hilary's POV~
 
 
I really didn't care about what mom was saying. I was still gawking at him in disbelief. How can anyone be this handsome? The heavens surely must be missing their god because he's here, right in front of me.
 
 
“Hi, Hilary, nice to meet you”, he said stretching out his hand.
 
 
I was still gaping at him and didn't notice it nor did I hear my mom who was supposedly calling out my name repeatedly.
 
 
“HI-LA-RY!!” , Mom yelled in my ear which pulled me out of my trance.
 
 
“Huh?? Ehh… yeah, n-nice to meet you too”, I said shaking his hand, my face going red every minute. Damn! I must have looked like a half-wit gaping at him like that. And wait! Did mom just said he's gonna live with us? Whoa! He's actually gonna live here with us? Then this can mean only one thing…
 
 
This has gotta be the spring of my life! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!! (ahem!)
 
 
“I hope you don't mind me staying here”, he said giving the sweetest smile I had ever seen before, making me melt right on the spot. I felt my cheeks go redder, if that was still possible.
 
 
“NO WAY!!”, I yelled “Er… ehehehe, I mean, yeah, I really don't mind you staying here, hehehehe”, I said rubbing the back of my head giving the stupidest grin I had ever given.
 
 
Scott sweat dropped looking at me a little weirdly.
 
 
Smooth Hilary! Really smooth!
 
 
“Scott, you can stay in our guest room. And Hilary…”, Mom turned to me. what now? “Why don't you show him his room?”
 
 
“er… s-sure”, I said , holding back the urge to jump up and down with joy. Please don't tell me this is my dream!! *o*
 
 
“Thanks Hilary! I'm sure we'll get along well and hopefully become good friends” he said as we reached his room. There! He gave that smile again!!
 
 
I think I'm gonna faint!! And he's so so SO sweet!!
 
 
“S-Sure” I said almost drooling. Then he went into the room and closed the door.
 
 
Sigh!!! He's soo amazing! I thought as I closed the door to my room sliding down to the floor. Life sure is good! I thought grinning to myself.
 
 
~end POV~
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
Next morning…
 
 
“A - A - AAA - TCHHOOOO!!”
 
 
Hilary sneezed for the nth time that morning that made her almost rebound and fall flat on her bed with a frustrated sigh. Her nose had turned bright red that in a way made her look somewhat cuter.
 
 
“darn! I must have caught cold from yesterday's rain”, Hilary groaned. And just when I thought life was finally getting my way! So much for looking for a great day! ~_~
 
 
“Hilary”, came a velvety voice followed by a knock on the door that made her heart flip. KYAAAAAAAA!!! IT'S HIM! Thought Hilary , a dreamy look back on her face . Ahem! Control hilary! Control!! “y-yeah, come in” Hilary said . Scott entered the room and walked over to her bed “ Looks like you are not feeling quite well today. Huh?” he asked giving a concerned look. Why does he have to look soo good? She thought going heart-eyed again.
 
 
“Hilary?”
 
 
“y-yeah, I guess so… A-A AACHHOO!!”, she replied followed by another blow that made her fall back to the bed. Sigh!! Why doesn't this stop?? she thought cue in a river of anime tears. Scott chuckled at this sight that earned him a glare from Hilary.
 
 
“Umm.. sorry”, He apologised immediately “But you sure are in a bad shape Hilary, guess you need to rest now. Well.. I'll get going, Just take care okay and tell me if you need any help” , He said smiling - that made her make a good impression of an over riped tomato - and left.
 
 
Then the door opened again. What does he want now? “Hilary dear” Said her mom and reached her bed and sat beside her. “How are you feeling now?”
 
 
“AAA-TCHHOOO! What do you think?”, Hilary asked sneezing again still lying on the bed with a tired look. `This is seriously tiring and not to mention annoying' “ well… I'm leaving now, do take care of yourself alright?”
 
 
“Sure” she said feeling her nose tingling again that was prompting another sneeze. A-A-AATCHHOOO!! There I go again! Waaahhhh!!! I really need help!!! TT_TT
 
 
At Tyson's dojo -
 
 
“Does anyone know why Hilary not come yet? It's been a while. She should have been here by now”, Said Max. “yeah , We better check out what's up. Tyson-” said Rei turning towards the raven haired blader who was in his I'm-busy-eating-don't-disturb-me mode. And Kenny was as usual stuck to his laptop. Daichi was all fired up yelling at Tyson for eating all the food by himself. Kai was out training with Dranzer. He looked like he didn't care about Hilary's absence but he was inwardly getting a little anxious.
 
 
BBBUUUUURRRRRPPPP!!
 
 
Rei and Max sweat-dropped looking at the now happy Tyson with a tummy practically as big as a basketball. “Ahh!!! The food was just great!!”, he said grinning. “You'll pay for what you did, Tyson!”, yelled Daichi shooting an accusing finger at him and was ready to jump on him when Max held him back by his shirt. “Calm down Daichi”, said Max chuckling.
 
 
“Yeah! Save your energy monkey-boy! Or it would make you more hungry than you are now” laughed Tyson.
 
 
“DON'T YOU CALL ME MONKEY BOY!!AAAARRRRHGGGHHH!!”, yelled Daichi getting really annoyed and struggling to get off Max's hold.
 
 
A vein popped on Rei's head who usually used to be his calm self. “Will you both cut it out? Tyson! For once think something other than food! Hilary's not yet arrived. We better call her up and ask her if she's coming.” “Yeah, I wanted to discuss some beyblade strategies with her”, Kenny said looking up from his laptop for the first time since morning.
 
 
“Okay!”, said Tyson and reached over to the telephone and dialed the number.
 
 
“Tachibana residence” , came the brunette's voice.
 
 
“Hey Hils! Why aren't you here yet? It's already late. How come you are late today huh? And what happened to your early morning training?aren't you gonna come today?”,Tyson bombarded her with questions and secretly hoped that she would not come so he would have a day's break.
 
 
“Uhh.. no Tyson, sorry, I don't think I can. I'm just not feeling quite well.”, replied Hilary hoping that she would not sneeze again. She's had enough of it for one day.
 
 
“Oh!! Okay then. Do you want any of us to be with you? You must be alone now, aren't you?”, asked Tyson concerned but couldn't stop himself from grinning at the fact that she won't be around bossing him.
 
 
Yeah please!! Hilary thought. “ Uhh, no Tyson, Thanks. I'll be fine.”, she said instead. “You sure? Okay fine”,he said and hung the call. By then Kai entered the dojo and sat down on the floor with the guys. Yeah he sure was out but had heard Tyson talking over the phone. Duh! who cannot hear his loud voice?
 
 
“Hilary's feeling a bit ill. Guess one of us should go check her out”, said Tyson looking at the boys and suddenly turned to Kai and said “Hey, Kai I guess you can go and check out, huh?” and smiled patting his shoulder.
 
 
“And why should I do that Tyson?”, came Kai's stern voice. “Well… I thought, anyway you have been training more than we are and you can as well go and check her out and we would get some time to train, what do you think huh?”, Tyson said eying Kai hopefully
 
 
Hmm…. It doesn't sound that bad. And Hilary's been working pretty hard since the tournament and I guess it won't hurt if I go and check her out. Kai thought.
 
 
“Hn! Fine.”, Kai said getting up to leave and somehow felt his stomach churn at the thought of it.
 
 
“Great! Knew you would agree buddy”, said Tyson giving a huge grin. And seeing Tyson's grin Max and Rei knew he had something up his sleeve and really didn't like the feel of it. Kenny simply blinked.
 
 
And as soon as Kai left, Tyson turned towards the guys and said “Alright! The coast is clear! Time to have some fun. Who's up for a bite?”, he said looking at everyone with his usual grin with his hands on his waist “But Tyson, you have just had your food. And we are supposed to practice.That's what you said Kai remember? and you do know that he's gonna make sure our training is doubled if he gets to know that you lied.”, Kenny reasoned and at the same time shuddering at the thought of how Kai would react.
 
 
“C'mon, Kenny, it won't hurt to loosen up a bit. Tyson has the right idea. Guess we can have some fun for a while, What do you say Rei?”, Max asked turning towards Rei, but before he could answer Daichi popped in from nowhere saying, “hey! I'm always up for a treat”
 
 
“Uhh… We didn't know that Daichi”, said everyone sarcastically sweat-dropping. “Alright, It's agreed then. Time to go out and have some fun”, Said Tyson happily walking out of the dojo.
 
 
~At Hilary's~
 
 
“Here. Have some of this. You'll feel better”, Scott said handing her a cup of tea. “Thanks!”, Hilary said recieveing the cup going crimson again. She had been blushing so much ever since he arrived that she had started to feel that it might as well remain as her permenant color or something… or atleast until he was there around. She sipped the tea feeling a lot better as she felt the aroma of the tea tingling through her nose.
 
 
“You know…”, Scott started “I still think its really cool to be a part of the blade breakers. And what makes it more awesome is that you are their coach”, said Scott in awe sitting on the couch near Hilary in the living room.
 
 
“Yeah, guess so”, she said blushing furiously again and smiled looking down as she remembered the time when she had first become a part fo the bladebreakers and how she a trained them like a bunch of sledge-hogs and all the adventures she had with them. `well… it was kinda weird in the beginning but sure was a lot of fun' she thought and suddenly felt her stomach churn when she thought of the times when Kai had saved her. `That ice-block can be a lot sweet when he wants to be, though he would kill himself a hundred times before admitting it out loud' she thought chuckling inwardly.
 
 
“Hilary… Hilary? Hey… Hello earth to Hilary!!” Scott said waving his hand in front of her. “Huh? Ohh… sorry, guess I zoned out a bit hehe”, she replied.
 
 
“Hmm…so… ”he started again resting on the couch with his hands at the back of his head and his eyes closed that made her drool over him again. “I've heard this guy called Kai in your team is really good and I can see he has a lot of fan girls”. He said as he opened his eyes again and turned toward her.
 
 
`yeah but surely not as much as you would have, but what is he getting at?' she thought. Scott decided to get to the point seeing her confused look.
 
 
“So… what do u think about him? You know him for a while, don't you? So… do you like him?”, he asked eyeing her intently making sure not to miss her reaction. Hilary's eyes popped out.
 
 
“Wha-”, was all she could say before turning away not wanting to show him the blush he had already seen. I l-like Kai? I… don't know. Do I l-like him? But I can't deny the fact that I don't see him just like the way I see the other guys in the team. So… do I like him? then… what about Scott? Gaaahhh! I don't know, I don't wanna think about this.
 
 
“it's alright if you don't want to tell me”, he said.
 
 
“N-no I-it's alright. And n-no , I don't think I feel that way for him”, she lied. That wasn't a lie!! `Thought so', Scott smirked.
 
 
~Kai's POV~
 
 
I can't be doing this. Please somebody tell me this is my dream. Yes, that's right. Just a dream. It can't be anything else. or maybe I've finally lost my senses. But I can't stop myself from doing this. It's as if I want to do it. But this is just not me. I really don't know why I'm doing this. But I'm doing it anyway.
 
 
~end POV~
 
 
Kai finally reached her house and knocked the door somehow feeling really stupid and wondering how she would react seeing him at her door-steps. `and since when did I start caring about what others would think about me?'
 
 
“I'll get it”, Hilary said walking over to the door and Scott followed her. And when she opened it, she had the same reaction as she had when she had opened the door the last time.
 
 
Hilary blinked. K-kai? What's he doing here?
 
 
Scott smirked. Kai huh? Hmm.. this should be good.
 
 
Kai glared. Who the hell IS this guy?
 
 
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
 
 
Alright! That's all for now. I'm sorry if there were a lot of OOC in some characters or if some part just didn't make any sense. And I know this chappie had lots of unwanted stuffs and guess I dragged it a lot. I just wanted to go slow with the story. But please review. As usual , flames accepted too.