Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Could this be.... ❯ Day out - part 1 ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
Heya everyone!! I know I had said I would take atleast a month to update, but since I had a lot of time, I decided to get it over with. So here it is.. the 4th succesfull chappie of my fic. And thanks so much for bearing through the story and bothering to read it. Thanks a million. And thanks to Princess_of_fire for the review (and as you had asked me to, I've tried to make this chapter as long as possible). Love ya all. Alright, on with the story.
 
 
 
CHAPTER 4 - DAY OUT - PART 1
 
 
“Kai…”, she said again nervously. “hmm… if you don't mind… can we sit here for a while?”
 
 
“Whatever”, Kai said sighing inwardly not able to stop himself from denying it. In addition, that was what he found annoying that he did not know the reason why he wanted to be with her for a longer time. He just… felt good. It was as simple as that. `And thankfully that pest is not around to spoil it. He better stay away from her if he wants to remain in one piece.'
 
 
`Wonder where Scott's been to.' Hilary thought as they sat near the riverside staring at the view. `Poor guy was really worried. But that was really so sweet of him. Of course, he is sweet. But I wonder why I don't feel as good as I am right now when Scott is around. Ohh… well.. never mind.'
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&
 
 
 
“Thanks a lot Kai.” Hilary said as they reached home. (A/N: I'm so sorry I cut out that part short. I know I'm a lot unromantic. Sigh! (sulks at the corner))
 
 
“I'll leave.” Kai said abruptly to which Hilary blinked. `He's leaving already?' she thought `Obviously, I couldn't have expected him to stay the whole day. It's Kai after all. Besides I couldn't have expected more that what he did anyway.' She sighed.
 
 
“Alright.” She said eyeing him as if she wanted to say something, but was afraid of. Kai noticed this and said “Anything else?” cocking his brow.
 
 
“Nothing.” She shook her head smiling. “Just that…” she started but decided to just do it instead of saying it, fearing that Kai might say no and flung her arms around his neck hugging him but pulled back immediately wanting to keep it short, much to Kai's dismay.
 
 
“Hilary?” Kai said surprised by Hilary's action, his heart beat going over-drive.
 
 
“ Sorry, I'm just… really happy that you dropped in to see me Kai.” She said giving the broadest smile possible. `Does she think I minded it?' Kai thought.
 
 
“Hn! Laters.” He said and walked away leaving behind a still-broadly-smiling-that-was-turning-into-a-grin Hilary.
 
 
`Time to prepare Tyson's grave.'
 
 
` For the first time, I'm glad I had cold.' She thought and walked into the house being unusually happy. `Ehehehehehe… I just cant stop smiling' she thought with a stupid grin and a dreamy look on her face.
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&
­­­
Next morning-
 
 
RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!
 
 
Hilary woke up with a start, her heart beating hard against the ribs as her hands immediately reached the source of the annoying sound and switched it off. “Damn annoying alarm! This is surely gonna give me a heart attack one day!”, she cursed and gasped when she looked at the time.
 
 
“8:45 !! I woke up so late!” she cried followed by a knock at the door.
 
 
“Breakfast's ready dear.” Her mom called to which she replied a “yes” and stepped out of the bed.
 
 
“Hey! the cold is gone! Great! Ha ha !! finally I can breathe free!”, she said happily walking over to the windows and opened it to breathe fresh air and smiled. `I'm feeling so good. Partly thanks to Kai. He was being so sweet yesterday. I really had a wonderful time. Never thought I would actually have such a great time with him. Hmm… now that I think about it, I always feel good whenever he's around. -at which she felt her cheeks heating up- Like I said yesterday, really… a lot secured… and somewhat good. Like I'm with someone who's my own. It's hard to explain but it's something I never feel when Scott is around… Ahh! Scott!' she gasped with the sudden realization and bit her lower lip with exitement. “Today's my day out with him.”
 
 
Flashback-
 
 
“So, Hilary, are you alright now?” Scott asked sitting next to her on the couch in the living room.
 
 
“Better.”, she replied followed by another sneeze and sighed.
 
 
“Or maybe not.”, he chuckled and to his surprise, she joined him. ` No glaring huh? Must be in a good mood since she was with him.' He thought smiling. ` maybe I can just help them a little more… my way.' He thought and smirked.
 
 
“So, Hilary, How about we go out tomorrow and you show me the place around?”, he asked. “ That is if you get well by tomorrow.” He added immediately.
 
 
“Huh?”, Hilary stared at him confusion. `Go out? With him? Is he serious?' she thought trying to register what he had just said. “Y-yeah, w-why not.” She stuttered not changing her expression. `Is this supposed to be a date? Hmm… I guess not.' She concluded looking down, biting her lips. “sure” she added not looking at him.
 
 
“Thanks” he said giving the oh-so-sweet smile of his again. She smiled back with a faint pink on her cheek.
 
 
End flashback-
 
 
`I guess I'm gonna have some fun today' she thought grinning to herself. `I better get ready quick' she thought excitedly and set off to the bathroom. Hmm.. but I'm not exited coz I'm going out with him. But coz it's my first day out with a guy. Or maybe… anyway, I hope I don't mess it up.
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&
 
 
“Damn! Tyson, wake up man!”, Max cried in frustration, panting for breath as Ray and he were trying out every idea they could think of to wake up the two world champions who seemed to be competing with each other even at snoring, that was, by the way, was heard even outside the dojo.
 
 
“They sure must be in an unusually deep sleep considering that they didn't wake up even when I told them the breakfast was over”, Ray said. “And Hilary's not here either.”
 
 
“Mmmnnhh, hey, gimme another plate of lasagna with extra cheese.”, Tyson mumbled in sleep as the other duo sweat-dropped.
 
 
TTYYYYYSSOOOONNNN!!!”, Max yelled using all the energy he could muster up. But that only caused the bladers to fidget a little more on their bed and to make Ray cringe in pain.
 
 
“Get off!”, Daichi mumbled waving his hand in the air.
 
 
“What are they?” Ray said in frustration to which Max just shook his head in disbelief.
 
 
“Alright, this is it.”, Max said starting to get up.
 
 
“Yeah, I guess this leaves us with the last choice.” Ray said understanding what Max said as he watched him walk into the bath room and come out after a while with a bucket full of ice-cold water. “Let's get this over with.”, They said in unison and-
 
 
SPLASH!
 
 
They emptied the entire bucket of water that made the sleeping duo wake up with a start, completely drenched in water.
 
 
“Phbt! Plltt! Bleh! HEY! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?”, Tyson yelled. “YEAH! WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?”, Daichi joined both dripping in cold water but the water would have surely evaporated in seconds as both their faces turned red heating up with anger.
 
 
“Hn! That's what you get for not waking up, sleepy heads!” Yep! That was our Kai alright, who was standing in his usual Kai-pose.
 
 
“Feel lucky, Kai was about to literally kick you guys out of the bed.”. Ray said.
 
 
“That would have been better.” Daichi whispered turning away his face only to see Kai staring at him. Daichi gulped. Kai smirked eyeing him with amused look. What's with him? Daichi thought cocking an eyebrow that only made Kai's smirk grow broader. `Sometimes I just don't understand that guy.' He thought again as he watched him walk out of the room.
 
 
“Yeah, sure is a great idea. The next thing you'd try would be turning us into a living snow man!” Tyson yelled hugging himself tight, shivering in cold.
 
 
“Not a bad idea.” Max giggled and Ray laughed.
 
 
“Anyway, get up and get ready soon.” Max said walking out of the room with Ray.
 
 
“You'll pay for what you did! I challenge you for a bey battle!” Daichi finally yelled suddenly standing up, shooting an accusing finger at the door they just left from.
 
 
“Daichi? Who are you saying that to? Everyone's gone.” Tyson sweat-dropped and Daichi turned stone-faced.
 
 
Weirdo!
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&
 
 
Ray walked out of the dojo and found Kai -as he had predicted- training with his trusty dranzer and smiled.
 
 
“So…”, Ray started as he watched Kai catch his blade as it flew back to his hands.
 
 
“Nothing happened Ray.” Kai said understanding what Ray was getting at.
 
 
“Alright! Atleast tell me if she's coming today.”
 
 
“How would I know?”
 
 
“You'll never change, would you? Pretending not to care about people.”
 
 
“I'm not pretending anything.”
 
 
“Sure you don't, Kai.”
 
 
“Hn!”
 
 
“But you came a little late yesterday. Had you been somewhere else, or just at Hilary's?”
 
 
“…….”
 
 
“So you were with her. There you go. That says it, doesn't it? You like her, coz you wouldn't have gone there to see her in the first place if you didn't care about her and just coz of a simple thing as cold? You can't deny that you don't care about her, Kai.”
 
 
At this point , Kai somehow felt a lot hurt. Who cares when she doesn't care? But she didn't say anything. So, why do I feel like that pest is taking away something… something that's my property? something that's mine? Hmm… maybe I… do care. Damn you Ray! He thought not even wondering why he kept calling him a `pest'.
 
 
“But there's no harm in it, really!”, Ray continued. “You don't have to hide, Kai, there's nothing wrong in it.” But bit his lip scared that he had crossed the line and took a step back, fearing that he might just launch Dranzer at him anytime. But Kai was as cool as always.
 
 
“Yeah, I don't have to hide coz there's nothing to hide in the first place. And this is the last time you will talk about Hilary and me.” Kai said sternly closing his eyes with his brows knitted showing annoyance.
 
 
“Alright! chill.” Ray said sighing in relief, deciding not to drive Kai to the edge. “But breakfast must be ready by now. C'mon soon. But think about what I said, I just don't want you to realize it when it's too late and then regret.” He said and quickly walked away afraid that this time Kai would definitely sick Dranzer at him. But Kai sat unfazed.
 
 
Sure…
 
 
But why am I feeling so… distant? he thought sighing inwardly. Whatever, I better stop thinking about this.
 
 
`I'm sure you'll understand… soon enough, Kai!' Ray thought walking into the dojo.
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&a mp;&&&&&&&&
 
 
“Alright! I'm ready.” Hilary said stepping into the living room wearing a yellow shirt and blue pants. It was quite simple but looked a lot cute.
 
 
“Hey, you look cute.” Scott winked grinning to which Hilary blushed. “Thanks.” she said with a faint smile and both sat down to have breakfast. The breakfast went quiet except that Hilary constantly drifted back to the previous day's incident and Scott had to pull her our of her trance. Oh! and talking about the previous day, it went a lot quiet at the river, considering that it was Kai she was with, so, you really couldn't expect much conversations to occur, but she thoroughly enjoyed the whole time. `Wonder why Kai was smiling all the time.' She thought staring blankly at her plate with the barely eaten food. `Well, it wasn't that visible, but I could say that he was a lot happy.'
 
 
“Ready?”, Scott asked after the breakfast. “Yep.” Hilary said giving her usual cheerful smile. `I had never been out with guys before. Wonder how it's gonna turn out. I'm sure he'd laugh at me if I tell him this is the first time im going out with a guy. Well… those trips with the boys doesn't really count, does it?' she thought and gasped. `I know, I should go and see them. At least to say thanks for everything. I'm sure they wouldn't mind even if I don't but I should at least let them know that I would not be coming. Hmm… I guess I can as well take Scott with me and introduce him to them. Though I'm not sure if it would be necessary.'
 
 
“You zoned out again.” Scott said sighing at her.
 
 
“eheheh… sorry. I was just thinking. I gotta go meet my teammates. Just to let them know I wouldn't be coming today.” She said blushing again at the thought of the date. It's not a date! I'm just showing him the place around. Or… is it? Anyway… she thought and continued. “So… would you mind if I stop by at the dojo. You can meet my friends too.” She said.
 
 
“You're the one taking me out. You can change the plans the way you want.” Scott said laughing. “Thanks.” She said.
 
 
“Alright, let's go.” He said standing up and walked towards the door followed by Hilary.
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&
 
 
The duo finally reached the dojo and Hilary cheerfully slid the door open and greeted everyone.
 
 
“Hey Hils!” Tyson yelled getting up but tripped and fell straight on the bowl of noodles followed by Daichi's yelling and smacking. “Cut it out monkey-boy!!” Tyson yelled getting up, his head covered with tangled strings of noodles. “Damn thing!”
 
 
`Why the heck is he here? With her?'. Kai clenched his fists as his eyes slit with anger making Scott flinch. `Not again.' He thought but couldn't help but smirk. `Hilary's making my job much simple. I'll leave everything to her this time.'
 
 
“Long time.” Max said grinning and helping Tyson get off the mess. “And who's that?” he said pointing to Scott.
 
 
“Oh, this is Scott.” She said.
 
 
And after a while of introduction and exchanging `hi' and `hellos' and explaining them about everything, she looked at everyone and was surprised to see everyone with the same expression as hers. `why's everyone surprised?'
 
 
“Hil?” Ray started but Tyson interrupted.
 
 
“D-don't tell me…” he said looking as bewildered as the others at the dojo… well, except a certain someone who was busy planning on what would be the best way to kill him.
 
 
Hilary immediately turned around as her eyes met the narrowed purple eyes and turned the brightest shade of red. “What?” she snapped.
 
 
“Don't tell me, you are actually going out on a date… with a guy… with him.' He blurted out pointing out at him, followed by a THUD as everyone did an anime fall.
 
 
“Who else would she go on a date with? A girl?” Max asked as everyone turned around at look at him like he was some kind of a Martian. Then he immediately crunched his face like he had eaten something really weird as what he said slowly started processing in his mind. `I better not think about it.' He thought looking away.
 
 
Hilary's brows met.
 
 
“IT'S NOT A DATE!” Hilary yelled -as everyone had predicted- getting really annoyed at where this thing was getting at. Scott stared at her gulping and took a step back.
 
 
“I'm just… well… going out with him. That's all.” She snapped. “And what's wrong with going with him? He's not an alien.” She added.
 
 
“She's got a point.” Daichi whispered who was standing next to Kai that earned him a murderous glare from the latter.
 
 
“Right! And what do you think a date means?” Tyson asked that earned him a smack on his head from Hilary.
 
 
“I'm just showing him the place, you dolt!”
 
 
“Ooo-kay.whatever.” He said still eyeing her suspiciously but he wasn't the only one as the Dranzer wielder continued glaring him murderously. `what does he take to get off her. Can't he take a break? He's gonna get his one day, if he continues it, I'll make sure of that. Damn annoying pest!'
 
 
“Even if I did, do you have any problem with that?” she asked. `You bet.' Kai thought trying his best to control his temper as Daichi looked up at him with confused look. Kai looked down at him and scowled turning away. `I still think he's weird.' Daichi thought.
 
 
“Whatever, I'll see you guys tomorrow. I'm sorry.” She said and grabbed Scott's hand and gave Kai a last glance who looked unfazed as usual leaning on the wall. `Ah! Forget it.' She thought sighing and left the dojo as soon as possible.
 
 
`I dunno why I feel, what Tyson said was kinda right. But hey! there's nothing wrong in going out with a friend and having fun for a while.' She reasoned grinning to herself.
 
 
Everyone stared at the duo in bewilderment as they disappeared in sight. Well… except the slate haired one who was glaring at the gate they just left from gritting his teeth and clenched his fist into a tight ball, ready to throw it into the damned guy's face -if he was there of course- and send him flying to the farthest planet… Or maybe out of the solar system… or better yet, try out his ultimate fire-arrow attack.
 
 
Yeah… that sounded a lot gratifying at the moment…
 
 
`NO!! I gotta get a hold on myself!' he thought. `I'm surely gonna get a severe head ache after this.' He sighed rubbing his temple. Then he looked up and stared at the gate again.
 
 
`Hn! Like I care. Let her do whatever she feels like.' He thought and walked out of the dojo a little disappointed.
 
 
`I'll go out on a walk and have some peaceful time. I need a break' He thought walking to the opposite direction to where Hilary had left.
 
 
`And what if she really goes for that guy?' Kai tensed at this thought as he remembered what Ray had said earlier.
 
 
But think about what I said, I just don't want you to realize it when it's too late and then regret.
 
 
`But how can I do anything when im not sure about anything yet? I don't know why I'm even bothered about who she goes out with.' He growled getting annoyed with his own thoughts.
 
 
`I don't care. Hn!' .
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
­­­­­­­­­­­ ;­­­­­­­­­­­­&# 173;
 
Hilary and Scott were now walking on the same street Kai and she were, the previous day. And that just couldn't help her think of the previous day. She continued walking with her head bent down thinking, not realizing Scott watching her expressions keenly with a smirk on his face. `It won't be too long, Hilary.' He thought.
 
 
And as they passed the river, she turned around and stared at the river, smiling. `Hmm… I dunno why I feel I wish it was Kai with me right now, not Scott. Ahh! Never mind. I'm with Scott right now. I should be enjoying this.' She thought and turned towards him and smiled which he returned with an equally sweet smile.
 
 
`I'm sure I'm gonna have fun.'
 
 
&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
 
 
 
That's it for now. This was a little longer than the previous other chapters and a lot crappier, as usual. I just don't get better. Sigh! I'm so sorry. Can't help when the story itself is crappy. Anyway, now that I've already started it, I will as well get this over with soon. Thanks so much for reading. See ya!