Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Depending on a Stranger ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: *prepares to be bombarded with rotten fruit* GOMEN NA SAI!! I'm SO SORRY!!! WRITER'S BLOCK IS A FUC- *Rei's hand covers her mouth*

Rei: She is TERRIBLY sorry for the excrutiatingly long delay, please forgive her, she'll never do it again. that's pretty much what she's going to say a million times. ON WITH THE STORY!



Kai paced back and forth, his nerves nearly fried, watching the sun starting to set. <FanTASTIC!! Rei's stuck in the hospital, ALL the cars are gone, Kenny's gone missing, and we're almost out of time...> He pulled at his hair, grumbling. Tyson had been watching him walk for a good ten minutes before he finally groaned and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Kai, bud, stop it, you're giving ME a headache." Kai just glared at him. Tyson folded his arms in response. "Any idea who could have done this?" Kai sighed, collapsing into his favorite chair as his friend took a seat on the counter.

"Not really..." He frowned for a few minutes, trying to think of any names. "Rei did mention this one name... it started with E... hmm... maybe Ashna will know."

"Who?"

"One of Rei's friends." Tyson jumped down.

"Any idea where she'd be?" Kai shook his head, holding his face in his hands.

"No." Tyson was about to attempt at comforting Kai when the door opened. Looking over his shoulder, he watched as Max came in. "Hey, how's Rei?"

"They managed to stabalize him, so he'll be fine with a lot of rest. Though he's not allowed out of the hospital for a few days."

"So we lost another booster." Max blinked in surprise.

"What do you mean another?" Kai spoke then, still staring at the floor.

"Our entire shipment, AND Kenny, has been stolen."

"What?! Who did it?" Tyson snorted.

"You tell me. We got no leads at all." Kai's phone began ringing then, and, seeing the blunet wasn't planning on answering it, Tyson grabbed it instead while Max kneeled down beside Kai.

"Hello?" He frowned when only silence answered him for a while, then narrowed his eyes as a quiet, feminine voice finally spoke up.

"You're a few cars short, hun. Two to be exact. And you've only got an hour and 45 minutes left." Tyson growled.

"Well we would have had that shipment in on time if SOMEONE hadn't stolen it. Who is this?" Kai and Max both looked up at that.

"That's not really important right now. What I want you to do, is deliver those cars to me."

"And how the hell am I supposed to do that when I don't even know where you are?" A chuckle was the only response.

"Take a little trip to the nearest payphone and you'll find out. Oh, by the way. Tell Kai he'd best cooperate if he ever wants his handsome little friend to leave the hospital in something besides a bodybag." Then the phone went dead.


Kai must have yelled out every curse word in both English and Japanese five times each at least by the time they reached the payphone.

"And she didn't even give you her fucking NAME?!" Tyson winced at the curse, and sighed.

"For the last time, all she said was to go to the nearest payphone." He told him over the radio from where he sat in the Grand Am, Max following in the Lambroghini Diablo. The blue haired booster snarled in frustration, whipping his Sunfire around a corner.

"Goddamn it all to hell!" He snapped out for the 6th time. Tyson just rolled his eyes.

"Drama queen." He hissed out, though he understood the boy's anxiety.


Rei woke up from an uneasy sleep at the sound of his door opening, wondering who could be visiting him at this time of night, since the nurses never did check ups passed 10. Growing slightly nervous, he closed his eyes again, feigning sleep, listening as the footsteps grew closer, and he heard the tell tale clicking of a gun being cocked.

"Wake up, Sleeping Beauty. You're prescence is wanted at our boss's." A deep voice hissed out, and Rei opened his eyes just as the barrel of the gun was pressed to the side of his head.


Kai drummed his fingers as he waited inside his car while Max talked on the phone. They'd said he wasn't the best choice to have talk to their newest 'friend', and they were probably right. He'd end up ripping a few strips off the person a mile long while demanding they return the cars, instead of being slightly intelligent and listening to what they had to say.

He looked over at Max as the blond came back.

"We're to go to the docks next. There's a payphone waiting for us there." He gasped out while running to his car. "And we got 6 minutes to get there."

"That's 15 minutes-" Tyson yelled, then cut off as Kai's squealing tires decided to prove him wrong.


Rei winced as he was hauled around roughly, his shoulder still screaming, and stumbled into a dimly lit room that was decorated richly with Chinese artifacts and paintings, and heavy with incense. He knew of only one person that was so in love with anything to do with China.

"Evana. What the hell do you want?" He hissed out, cursing as the barrel of the gun hit his head.

"Watch your mouth!" The man behind him hissed out. Evana smirked from where she sat on a thick cushion, holding her chin in her hand, watching the boy.

"Why, I want my money of course. Where is it?"

"I'm almost done getting the cars, I only need a few more hours!"

"Oh, trust me, sweetie, you're going to need more time then that." Rei blinked in confusion.

"What do you mean by that?!" Evana laughed softly, standing and walking over to stand in front of Rei.

"Who told you that you could get help from Kai?" Rei frowned.

"You never forbade it."

"I never said you could either." She turned her back to him. "Therefore, I have revoked all the cars you've stolen." Rei stiffened in shock at that. "So in other words, Rei Kano, you've missed your deadline, since, in your condition, I highly doubt you'll steal enough cars to pay me the 80 thousand you've now owed for 2 years." She claimed, her voice growing colder with every word. "Especially since you only have 71 minutes left." Looking over her shoulder, she smirked coldly. "Therefore, I'm going to need a little compensation from you." At those words, three men took hold of the now kicking and cursing Rei, dragging him into a back room.

Evana sat down once more. "The great Kai should be here soon. Get ready to greet him."


Kai sat in his car, brooding while Max and Tyson talked to Kenny, who'd been gagged and tied to a post beside the phone.

"Evana. Her name was Evana." He muttered, staring at the darkening water. "She said to come to her place, and she'd 'discuss' the car problem..." Glancing over at his three friends, he made a split second decision, throwing the car into first gear and taking off, leaving behind three bewildered boys.

"Should have seen that coming..." Tyson muttered.


Kai drove in silence, his eyes narrowed as he navigated the roads at 75 miles an hour.

// My, someone's in a hurry...// A familiar voice piped up. Kai only narrowed his eyes farther, whipping around a corner.

<I don't have time for this, Dranzer> He hissed out mentally, calling the voice by the name he'd dubbed it many years ago.

//Aww, does someone miss their eye candy?//

<No, someone doesn't want a new friend to end up gutted on the street! Got a problem with that!?>

//Touchy! So where's this Evana's place?//

<At the end of the street down here. She said it looks like a Chinese theatre...>

//Ah, someone ELSE who's obsessed with Chinese items?//

<Shut. Up.> A snicker was the only reply as the car came to a stop.

//How are you going to return the other cars?//

<Max and Tyson know where they have to go. They can drop them off. I need to have a little chat with Evana.>

//Ooh, hang on while I make some popcorn, I can't WAIT to see this fight// With that, Kai was left alone again as he stepped inside the seemingly shut down theatre.


Tyson shook his head as he and the others waited at a red light with the remaining cars.

"Come ON! We only got 58 minutes left! The theatre is half an hour from here!" He hissed out to no one in particular. "I would tell Kai not to do anything foolish, but this IS Kai we're talking about." He added with a slight smirk. "Even so, behave, Kai."


Kai had to keep from coughing as he stepped into a heavily perfumed room, and managed to see through the clouds a young woman sitting on some cushions on the other end of the room, talking quietly with another woman.

"Evana! I want to talk to you!" He yelled out, striding forward as she looked over at him with a smirk. He was haulted by two men who held two swords each. "I guess I'm in the right place. Everything Chinese..." He hissed out as she came forward, ushering the two guards aside.

"Ah, so YOU are Kai."

"And you're the bitch who stole my cars!" For this, a sword was placed at his throat. Evana shook her head.

"Temper, temper. Ease off boys, it's alright. Kai, come sit." She called, relaxing against the cushions once more. Kai only stood in front of her, his eyes still angry. She smirked. "Want to know what happened to the last person who defied me?" She asked sweetly, just as a whip cracked and an agonized scream rang out. Kai sat down. "Good boy. Now then, you say I stole your cars, do you?" She asked as she poured two cups of green tea.

"Yes, I do. And I want them back."

"Really. Why is that?"

"Because my boss expects them in 45 minutes." She laughed gently.

"Kai, honey, don't you know? YOUR boss, and all the other black market bosses, work for me. So technically, you DID deliver them to your boss. Though there are a few problems."

"And what's that?"

"One, there are still two cars missing, and two, this wasn't YOUR assignment. This was Rei Kano's." Kai scowled.

"So I decided to help him out. So what?"

"So, you've intruded on something that wasn't any of your buisness. Not to mention you've just barged into my place like a barbarian, WITHOUT either of the cars, I might add, and for that, you must be punished." She finished, picking up her glass of tea as three men came up behind Kai, forcing him to his feet.

Kai growled in anger; He was NOT going to allow these guys to push him around. With an elbow to the face, a boot heel to the shin, and a fist to the stomach, he was free, glaring at Evana, who had stood up.

"You arrogant whelp." She hissed out. "You have done nothing but aggravate me from the first time you met Rei! You ruined my leverage over him!" Kai looked at her in confusion.

"The hell you talking about woman?"

"I never planned to allow Rei to succeed in that deal, same as all the other men who gather cars for me! I'd lose too much money that way! But YOU! You had to go and ruin everything!" She snapped out, snapping her fingers and narrowing her eyes as, after some struggle, Kai was pinned on his knees on the floor.

Stalking over to him, she slapped him hard across the face, leaving four deep scratches from her too-long nails. "At first, I just planned to beat you around a little, but now I've got a better punishment in mind for you." She hissed out. "How would you like to see your newest friend die in front of you, by the very person who stole those cars from you?" Looking at her in horror, Kai caught sight of some movement to the left, and saw Rei stumble out, hands tied behind his back, Ashna pushing him along.

"YOU!!" He yelled at her, disbelief hitting him hard. She only smirked at him, pressing the gun harder to the back of Rei's head.

"Miss Evana, the other two are on their way with the remaining cars." She called out. Evana smirked.

"Good. Kill them the moment they get out. I don't want blood on the seats." Kai watched this entire exchange, frozen in shock at everything. His friends were going to die... Ashna was the bad guy all along... He had to watch them kill Rei... The raven haired boy's shoulder was quickly staining red, andhis head hung weakly, looking exhausted. How had he gotten imself into this?!