Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Feeling Alive ❯ Too Far ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Two: Too Far
Disclaimer! Don't go suing! Enjoy AND Review!!







Two weeks had passed since Kai was caught by Rayand everything had passed, so Ray wasn't up Kai's ass constantly. No one noticed that Kai seemed especially different. Rei thought that since his arms were healing, Kai was back to normal. Rei never knew how wrong he was. Kai never got a decent night's sleep and was constantly pestered by dreams that haunted his past. On this particular day, the boys were staying within the perimeter of the dojo and practicing for the day.

"So Ray, who should we square off against?" Max asked. Tyson, Hilary, Max, Kai, Ray, and Kenny were standing outside the dish in the backyard.
"Don't ask me ask the Chief or Kai." Ray said impatiently. "Kai?" Everyone turned to the leader of the group. He was leaning up against the wall of the house, his head down. Ray signaled for the rest of the group to shut up and then snuck over to have a good look at Kai. He shook the boy slightly.
"Huh? What?" Kai said suddenly, waking up.
"Kai, you fell asleep. Are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm fine." He stood up straight and started to walk away. "I'm going to the park."
"Ok." Ray said. "Be back for dinner."
"Yes Mom." He said sarcastically. "Whatever." Kai walked off.
"There's been something wierd going on lately." Tyson said, facing Ray. "And we wanna know what."
*~^ ~*^ *~^*^~*^~*^~*~^

Kai said he was going to the park, but he wasn't. He ended up at the river, again. Sighing to himself, he took out his poctetknife and reopened the slashes on his arm. So what if Ray told everyone. He probably already did so what's the difference? Right now he was to mad at himself to care. Ever since that first encounter with the black pheonix and the painthat had come with him hurting the one person he cared aboutenough to fuel his decision to live. It should've been him who had died instead of her.


"Where am I?" A 10-year old version of Kai had said,opening his eyes to find himself surrounded by Boris and a few nurses.
"You're in the imfirmary. You had quite the power craving and I don't think it did you any good." Boris informed him. "You handled yourself pretty well in your last fight though. You could be ready for that sort of power in a few years."
"Did I win all the fights?"
"Everyone except for the last one."
"Then who won?" Kai asked
"Megan won."
"Oh my gosh! Megan! Is she alright?"
"Kai, I have to be quite honest with you. You killed her."
After this, most things became a blur. Thanks to him he lost his best friend and the only person he loved, besides his grandfather who pretended to from the start.
FLASHBACK*****************

Looking down, Kai had noticed that the blood had stopped running down his arm. He washed the knife this time and put it back into his pocket and then washed out his cuts in the river and headed back to Tyson's. his eyes no longer heald the hard determination. They were gray and lifeless. Over the next few days, Kai stopped eating, only eating enough to satisfy Ray when the others were gone. It all seemed annoying to him, like he should just die and get it over with.


On this same sunny day towards the end of June, a visitor was approaching the town. This sixteen year old wore a black tank top to show off her well toned, tan, and muscular arms. on her left arm however, there was a bandage that creeped up her arm from her wrist to the elbow. Her black cape blew arownd behind her as she rounded her exit on a Harley Davidion sportster 1200 custom.(a/n Don't own Harley davidson. My dad has one in the garage.) She sensed something was about to happen, however she had to useher instincts to lead her there. The whole time, the necklace around her neck, with a water droplet that looked like it was blue glass, glowed fiercly. "Kai," She whispered. "I'm coming." Her eyes were like the sea. They were a deep blue yet had this green sensation in them. They seemed to change color regularly.


At Tyson's, Kai had returned once again from the river. This time he was drilled by Tyson and Hilary who wanted to know what his deal was. This particular day he was in no mood for a fight, so he flicked out his pocketknife and said "Because I don't deserve to live," and slashed his wrist. Everyone came running. Kai only seemed bewildered, like he couldn't believe he had done this so soon. He began mumbling about killing someone. Ray was the only one who was able to understand it. Everyone was busy tending to Kai and calling 911 that they didn't notice that a motorcycle had pulled up outside.
~ Sorry this is short. If I get 3 reviews I'll put up the next chapter. R&R. Love ya Meg aka Rain.