Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Forgotten Faces ❯ Past remembered ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Rei's Neko_gurl: Pirates! I love pirates. U know what I like more than that. Dressing like a pirate!
Jiana: Good Lord she' gone nuts.
Rei's Neko_gurl: Have not. Just wanted to tell the good readers that. By the way peeps, there will be no pirates in this chappy, kk?
Jiana: Rei's Neko_gurl does not own Beyblade, just Silver Blaze and it's members.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Past remembered

They sat around the kitchen table. Kai, Tyson, Max, Ray, Chief, Tala, Bryan, Raven, Bex and Katsina. They had had to literally drag Chief away from his computer, but he had managed to take Dizzi down with him. Luckily, to Raven anyway, Hilary had gone out.
'What's going on Kai?' Ray asked his captain, unsure. He had never really been okay with Bryan since his first match against him, and now with the Russian sitting opposite him, he felt a very uncomfortable feeling.
'Well, you wanted to know who she was,' he said, nodding his head towards Raven. 'Do you still want to know?'
'Of course,' he said.
'Right,' Kai said, not sure where to start.
'How about this,' Raven started, 'you ask us questions and we answer them, alright?'
'Sure,' Tyson said, sitting up straighter in his chair. He thought for a second. 'Where did you meet Kai?'
'The Abbey,' Raven answered quickly.
Ray sighed. 'We know that,' he said. 'He meant what whent on at the Abbey?' He noticed Raven's eye's shifting uncomfortably from one side to the other, from Bex to Katsina.
'Do you want the whole story?' she asked.
'Yes,' said Tyson, Max and Ray at the same time.
Raven sighed and looked up.
'Okay then, you know that I was taken from my family when I was very young, right. Well that was because Boris was doing some sort of around the world thing, showing off what the Balkov Abbey could do for young bladers and looking for new recruits. Even though I was only a year old, I could walk steadily and could launch a blade perfectly. Boris noticed this when he was recruiting in China. He thought I was very advanced for my age and offered to take me on as a student. My parents thought that it was a great idea, they wouldn't be able to cope with two young children, so they let him take me back to Russia. I guess it surprised him that, even though I was being taken to a strange place without my parents, I wasn't crying. Most of the older children were crying at the terminal when they were saying their goodbyes, none of them have seen their homelands since and some are dead.' A shadow crossed her face when she said that. She sighed again and continued. 'Bex came to the Abbey two years later, when we were three. Her parents wanted her to be perfect, and they heard of a school where people would send their children to become perfect. Unfortunately, it was the Abbey. I was chosen to help her out and show her around because I was the same age and a girl. Katsina turned up when we were five. She was a street blader even at that age. Her parents had abandoned her about a year before. Boris brought her back to the Abbey with the promise that she would be treated better than on the streets, but we were all being treated worse. I think it was because we were girls. Voltaire didn't really like us then.' She stopped and looked down at the table. Everyone looked at her. Bex put her hand on her arm, trying to get her to talk again.
'Come on Raven. I'm sure it wasn't that bad,' Ray said to the other raven-haired teen. She looked back up at him.
'Oh, believe me it was. You have no idea what those five years of my life and the couple of years that Bex and Katsina were there were like, Ray, okay? It was horrible. I have a serious weight problem. I actually have to over eat to stay at a healthy weight, and at the Abbey I was lucky to get two meals in a week. They were starving me, literally. The same with Bex and Katsina. But it changed when we were six. Three new boys turned up one morning. Heh, now that memory stands out. Again, me, Bex and Katsina were told to show them around, 'cause we were actually the most experienced kids there. We absolutaly refused to do it though, because we just didn't like them. I knew one was Voltaire's grandson, Kai obviuosly, so we thought that he would be treated like a prince there. The other two were Tala and Bryan. Eventually we gave up and started to show them around. We had noticed that they were being treated the exact same as us, and we needed time for our wounds and bodies to heal. It turned out that Kai, Tala and Bryan were'nt that bad, so we started to help them when they were behind in their training and we would help tidy up their wounds and stuff when they were punished.' Raven paused.
'Well?' Tyson pressed. 'Then what?' She looked over at him.
'You only asked where we met Kai, not anything else.' She smiled. Hey, she thought, at least I was able to cut out most of the worse stuff.
'Well, now I'm asking what happened next?'
'Well I don't want to tell you.'
'Aww, come on,' Tyson whined.
'Why are you asking just me? There are five other people here who were there, y'know.'
'Hey Kai. When we were at the exhibition matches, why did Tala say that you have'nt always won your matches? I mean, before you met Tyson you were undefeated right?' Ray asked. Raven smirked at the statement.
'You told everyone you were undefeated?' Bex asked him, laughing.
'Yeah right,' Katsina said between giggles. Kai blushed slightly as Raven grinned at him.
'He said he'd never be able to live it down,' Bex continued.
'What?' Max asked, wide eyed.
'Well, when we were about ten, Kai and that were nine, Boris held a match to show Voltaire his progress with what he had classed his best students yet. Of course he chose Kai, Tala, Bryan and two other boys, Ian and Spencer, to be on his team. That was the start of the Demolition Boys. Just to show off, he chose another team for them to battle, us. As girls he thought that they'd walk all over us, but he hadn't saw us training for a long time, years. He was only there when we were being punished, or punishing us. But he had it all set up. They'd win, we'd lose, y'know. But it didn't go down like that. You see,' Raven said leaning across the table towards Max. 'We can't lose. It's, how would you put it, a craving. We'll do anything within our power to win, and we do have power. You saw some of what I could do earlier. Bex and Katsina are slightly different in their own way, but the same, if you understand. During the battle, we saw that they were getting the upper hand, so we did something about it. It was what we had been taught in the Abbey. But we kept it within the legal Blading limits. They couldn't keep their performance up, and they lost. That's what drove Kai to taking Black Dranzer when they unveiled it. He wanted something to beat us with. He just couldn't controll the power inside.' As she said this she pulled something out of her poket, a small black bit piece. Everyone stared at it.
'How did you get that?' Ray asked, staring at the bit.
'Nicked it, just before we left he Abbey.'
'But it's dangerous!' Tyson said, edging closer to Max.
'Please, in mine or their hands,' she gestured towards Bex and Katsina with her free hand, 'she's just a harmless little firebird.' She smirked at the look on their faces. 'Any more questions?' The others shook their heads. 'Good. Kai, where do you keep your glasses?'
'Why?'
Raven got up and went into the hall, returning with four bottles of a clear liquid. Everyone except Bex and Katsina stared at them in shock.
'Because I want a drink, and I'm pretty sure Bex and Katsina would enjoy some too. You're welcome to join us if you like,' she said, smiling as she put down the large bottles of Vodka and Kai left to get glasses. Bex edged her chair closer to Raven.
'It's not like you to be drinking this early. Normally you wait untill at least eight to start drinking,' she said to her friend, raising an eyebrow.
'I know that, but I want to see how those two,' she pointed towards Tyson and Max, 'will act when they're drunk.'
'Why just those two?' Katsina asked.
'Because,' Raven whispered. 'They act wierd when they're around each other.'
'So?' Bex persisted.
Raven lokked pointedly at her and said, 'They blush whenever they bump into each other.'
Bex's eyes widened in understanding. 'Oh, right.'
As Kai came back into the room and placed the glasses on the table, Raven noticed that Ray and Bryan kept glancing at each other as well. She grinned to herself. This is gonna be interesting. I think we'll play a little game.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~

Reis Neko_gurl: Yay!! Another chappy complete. What's gonna happen with Ty and Max, hmm? And Ray and Bryan too. Ooooh things are getting interesting. But you'll have to wait till the next chappy peeps for some drunken bladers! Hehehehe.