Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Good evening ❯ An unfamiliar garden ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

All right!! A new chapter!! Not that it's really anything special…(I'm sorry that the last one was blue and red, I didn't mean too and was too lazy to fix it…) Once again, sorry for spelling and grammar… I'm really not proofing this because I'm too lazy to… (Mostly because I should be doing school work or writing on other stories that are of more value to me or working on going away cards for my band director and a senior in my class…). Any who, I hope that you like this chapter, sorry it's just as short as the last one (but that makes it all the faster to read so you're not just sitting there making your eyes tired right? ^-^; )… please, Commentary is always looked forward too because it helps me to know what peoples want to hear more or less and what I should try to improve on… ^-^
Edit: I managed to get to the stupid errors of typing that I've made (well, some If not all) and I've re-warded some things so that they sound better
 
Rei whimpered softly as he began to awaken, being forced back to consciousness by gentle wisps of cold brushing his exposed arms. Amber orbs blinked lazily as a white ceiling came into view. This was the same ceiling he had always awoken to, then had last night's happenings been a dream?
His thoughts drifted over what had happened…
`I've come for you.' The thief had said in a cruel tone of amusement and lust. He gave a soft chuckle, `Capturing you was easier than I had hoped.'
`Then release me and make it harder,' Rei managed to suggest even though his throat had restricted in fear of his unseen enemy.
`But then I may accidentally hurt you, and I don't want that,' was the teasing response. Voices coming across the garden reached both of their ears, and another chuckle came from the thief, this one stronger than the last and almost even maybe a little bit sad. `We must be cutting this talk short. Sleep well, dear prince.'
Rei gasped as a wadded up cloth was pressed firmly over his mouth and nose; it stunk of sweet roses. An overwhelming dizziness flooded his head, and he found that his knees would no longer support him. Panic gripped his heart, more so when he found that he could do nothing about it; his body would not move for him.
Suddenly he was swept off of the ground and found himself at last staring into the face of the infamous thief. Though the image was hugely blurred as Rei's eyes gave in to sleepiness, he could see that the thief was no older than he was. His features were handsome; icy eyes between gray and blue stared confidently out ahead of him, their way hardly obscured by the pale blue bangs that hung down in front of them; a tanned complexion; and lastly, the blue triangles of war paint drawn along his jaw bone which both made him look more fearsome and emphasized the slenderness of his face, which the rest of his body most likely mirrored.
The cold eyes turned down to him for only a moment; and in that moment, the boy thief flashed the most beautiful smile Rei had ever seen. The smile took what was left of his breath away just for a mere second, which was enough to send his world into sweet dark nothingness.
 
As the raven-haired prince thought about the past events, his eyes wandered the room. Marble walls and red carpet floor were a familiar and welcome sight… but somehow they were disappointing to him. He had somehow hoped that he had not merely been dreaming about the handsome thief only to awaken again in his own bedroom. His eyes continued to wander as he hoped that maybe he hadn't been dreaming. He shivered at the thought, why should he wish he wasn't dreaming? The boy was kidnapping him! His eyes traced over the familiar wooden door that hid the dark hallway from his sight, next lazing over to the large glass door that was slightly ajar. A cool breeze blew gently through the opening carrying the scent of flowers. Rei sat up in preparation to climb from the bed, but stopped when he spied a curious orange-red feather laying beside him. He picked it up and looked at it as he twirled it between his slender fingers for several moments. `Where did this come from?' he thought, turning his eyes around the room for some form of a bird. None was found. He shrugged, and lay the feather back onto the pillow as he climbed from the large bed.
He shuffled across the floor and stepped out onto the balcony where his heart sank. The sight that came to his eyes was not that of a poorly maintained garden full of hedges, no, this was quite the opposite. What he now beheld was a garden that stretched as far as he could see full of beautiful flowers of all different colors. They spread out like a blanket, neatly arranged in squares. Woven between the colorful living patchwork was a dirt path that spread out in all directions throughout the colorful forest.
Dotted through out the beautiful sight were white trees, which bore pink flowers. Their soft pink petals gently fluttered in the soft breeze, a few losing their hold and being blown in a graceful dance through the air.
Wide amber eyes took in the sight as Rei stood in aw. This was not his garden, what had happened to his garden? Surely no one could have planted so many flowers and flourishing trees in just one night. He turned quickly and ran back into the bedroom, headed strait for his secret exit.
 
A knot formed in the pit of his stomach after he had pushed on most of the wall; why had it not opened? He had pushed against the wall back and forth where the small door should have been, but it was gone.
“But how…” Rei thought aloud to himself, “How is this possible?”
“I couldn't have you simply sneaking out when ever you pleased.”
The sudden voice startled the young prince, and he turned quickly to see the thief kneeling on the balcony rail.
The gentle breeze tossed the long white scarf around his neck and grabbed at the large blue pants that he wore, held in place by a black belt, which was decorated with a pointy metal shape that resembled a wolf's head. The clinging tight purple tank top and long gloves of the same stature and color outlined his muscular body. Triangles of blue war paint were still drawn along his jaw line.
Rei continued to stare as the lithe form rose gracefully, now being separated from the marble rail merely by the dark brown boots he wore on his feet.
Realization that he was staring brought a soft blush to Rei's pale cheeks. He ran the thief's words through his mind quickly before he asked, “What do you mean?”
“I didn't build that passage for you,” was the odd reply as the boy stepped down from the rail and began slowly to advance on the young prince.
Rei scrambled to a fully standing position, having previously been crouched down to look for the door. He stumbled back, “Don't come near me!” he demanded, his voice only faltered slightly as he spoke.
The graceful movements ceased, “are you afraid of me?”
Rei gave no response to the question. Of course he was afraid… but he couldn't openly admit that. His father had told him many times before that a strong man and a good leader would never admit fear in the face of the enemy; to admit fear was to admit defeat.
 
“Well?” The other boy pried impatiently.
Rei shook his head.
A smirk replaced the impatience, “are you sure?”
 
Rei gasped when the thief suddenly vanished before his very eyes, and he felt his own long raven-black hair brushed against his neck as a hand pulled it all together like a pony's tail.
Soft breath against his neck and cheek sent shivers through his slender body.
“Are you scared now?” the thief whispered hauntingly in his ear.
A nod made its way forth before Rei could think. Having the thief so close to him practically made his brain shut down.
A cruelly cold and low chuckle came from the all too close boy, “good.” And he released the silky hair from his grasp before he stepped away from the boy a few steps.
Trembling now, Rei turned to face the young thief as he remembered that he was not yet at the mercy of the boy. This was his room, which meant his castle. He could call on the guards who usually stood just outside of his door at night and they would rush in and capture this thief.
“You've gained some confidence,” the subject of the young prince's thoughts broke into his concentration, “Tell me, do you have some sort of a plan to elude me?”
“There are guards just outside of this room,” Rei explained with a confident smile, “I will call to them and you'll be captured and imprisoned. Unless,” he paused to gage the expression on the other's face. To his surprise and dismay, the expression had not changed to concern, merely amusement, “you leave right now and give me no more reason for them to.”
Laughter filled the room. Rei couldn't help himself noting that it was a beautiful and full laugh despite how nervous it made him.
The laughing died away quickly, “you plan to capture me?” the thief walked to the dark wood door and pulled it open.
Rei gasped. The passage was not his spiral staircase into the tower he dwelt in, it was instead a brightly lit hall with tiled floors and marbled walls decorated with evenly spaced paintings of large proportions and four evenly spaced golden tables neatly covered with delicate vases, bowls of diamonds sculpted into fruit and other artworks.
“This is not your castle, it's mine.”