Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Good evening ❯ A Fiery Angel ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Edit: I managed to fix a few typing errors and re-word a few things so it sounds a bit better.
 
 
“This is not your castle, it's mine.”
The thief's words lashed at Rei's trembling body, making his knees feel weak. He stared wide-eyed down the well-decorated hallway. How was it possible? How was this a castle other than his own? He was standing in his own room; it didn't make sense.
“Surprised?” The thief asked amusedly, breaking the young prince out of his thoughts.
Amber orbs turned sharply to the boy thief, “what is this?” he snapped, doing his best not to show that he was frightened by this. If he truly wasn't in his own castle, then he had no upper hand, he was in a position that he didn't want to be in: he was at the mercy of his captor.
“This?” a muscular arm motioned around the room, “a replica.”
“A-A what?” Rei found himself taking a step back, away from the boy in front of him.
“A replica,” the boy repeated, “this is your room exactly, down to every last detail…” he paused, “except for this.” He tapped the wall behind him with his foot where the hidden door should have been.
Fascination and curiosity began to try and replace the fearfulness the young prince felt, “but…” he started, “how? A-and why?”
“Dedication,” was the short response. Before Rei got a chance to ask further questions, the thief added, “you will be living here for a while, so make yourself comfortable. You may go anywhere in this castle, into every room,” a pause came as the cold blue gray eyes turned to look directly into the amber orbs belonging to the prince, “except for one. You are not to enter the room on the fifth floor that is marked with a rose.” He began to leave through the open door in front of him, “and don't think about escaping, you can't go far.”
The door closed behind the boy thief, leaving Rei standing alone once more. His mind raced to grasp what had just been said. Hadn't the thief earlier said that the hidden door to the outside had been purposely not put in to this… this replica room in order to keep him from sneaking out when ever he pleased? Then why had the thief said to him that he could go anywhere? It didn't make much sense, especially when one considered that despite what the boy said, Rei cold easily run away and find his way back home. It would have made more sense for him to be left locked up.
Following thoughts similar to this, Rei soon realized that he hadn't learned why he had been kidnapped yet. Had the thief taken him to get money from the kingdom? His father would never stand for it. He would send his army to destroy the thief for such an offence. But then, the boy was a thief, why would he kidnap a prince for money when he could just as easily take it with out anyone knowing?
Perhaps his motives were… Rei sighed, he couldn't think of other possible motives, but it didn't really matter why he was kidnapped. All that should have mattered was getting himself to safety so why did he care what the thief's motives were?
Rei's eyes fell upon the door before him. A shiver ran down his spine as he considered coming out of the room, his room, to find a way out. He found that he didn't particularly want to come out of the room because he knew his kidnapper was through that door somewhere… he just didn't know where.
`no, just go,' Rei thought to himself, `he knows where you are right now, so you'd be safer if you went somewhere else.'
He reached toward the door with a trembling hand, `come on…' he encouraged himself, though it did little good. He grasped the door's latch and hesitated before timidly pulling.
He peeked out into the hall beyond the partially open door; there was no one there.
He carefully pushed the door open a little more and froze when the hinges gave a loud creak.
After several minutes of nothing happening and no one coming, he pushed the door open a little further so that the opening was big enough for him to fit through. His eyes flitted down the hall to make sure that no one was coming before he ventured out of his room a step or two. He gasped as his bare feet settled on the icy tiled floor. He brought a hand quickly to his mouth, startled at how loudly he had gasped. Again his eyes darted down the hall, but there was no one there. It was odd, why wasn't there someone there to guard him and make sure that he didn't run away? The thief couldn't possibly trust him so much as to leave him perfectly alone and expect him not to leave!
Rei relaxed a little, figuring that he should thank his luck that he was in fact left unguarded. With that thought in mind, Rei cautiously proceeded down the expensively decorated corridor.
 
The end of the corridor lead to a second long stretch of hall, this one decorated much like the last. It was also brightly lit, and there was no one in sight. This hallway led to many that were much the same, some branching out in more than one direction.
After what seemed like hours, the young prince found his way into a very large room, which he assumed to be the ballroom. The floors in the room were white marble rather than the cold tile he had been treading on for so long. The walls were also made up of this pricey stone, and tall pillars reaching from floor to ceiling stood at evenly spaced intervals with four by each wall. The ceiling was brightly decorated with paintings of birds and angels, and on the farthest wall dwelt another painting. This paining was not like the others, it was painted darkly, greatly in contrast with the hews of soft pinks and sky blues that depicted the heavenly beings across the ceiling. It was this painting that drew Rei's attention, and he began to walk toward it. Once he was standing before it, he looked it over, taking in every detail.
It was a fine work of art depicting a tall man, stretched to his fullest with his arms outstretched behind himself as though to take flight. His clothing was dark, a black body suit of sorts with dark purple triangles decorating it's chest, shoulders, and thighs. His hair was short and wispy fiery orange and red, tossed back behind him gracefully as though blown back by a wind. The sky behind the man was a blood red sunset, with darkness already covering the land and beginning to enclose the sky as well. It was beautiful, and the dark colors gave the over all effect of the fires burning deep in hell. Though what fascinated Rei the most about it were the wings.
Stretching from the man's back were huge orange, golden, and red wings. The mass of feathers looked so real that Rei felt that he could reach out and stroke the softness of their down.
Rei drew back his hand when he realized that he had indeed reached up to touch the beautiful wings, only to find that they were nothing more than a mere illusion. He stared at the painting for several more minutes, marveling at its beauty and mystery. He had never seen a being like it before. It was like an angel, but much too fiery to be one.
The realization that he had been standing in the large ballroom for far too long stuck him hard, and he quickly looked around for an exit; he still had to find a way out of the thief's castle before he was found.
 
After again what seemed to be hours, Rei found himself sitting at the foot of a tall golden statue that depicted a great deity of some sort. The hallway in which he had stopped was filled with many statues such as this one, some of gold, some of silver or marble, while others still where carved of a rock that appeared as crystal.
He gingerly rubbed at his feet, now aching from walking on such hard floors for so long and now reddened by the frigid cold nipping at him from the tiles. He hadn't yet found a way out, and now felt that he was hopelessly lost. He hadn't a clue even how to return to the room he had started in.
He shivered as the chilled air hugged him tightly. Castles were usually cold, especially when no one else was near and there was no kept fire.
As he sat there, feeling that he could not take another step, he felt that the air was growing colder and colder. He shrugged it off, it wasn't likely. He was most likely far sleepier than he already thought he was and merely imagined the temperature's drop.
Soon he found that his eyelids had grown too heavy to keep up. He blinked in an attempt to keep them open, but soon found that he was reluctant to reopen them and felt himself slipping into the warm comfort of slumber.
 
Sai- As usual, A To Be Continued chapter… I'm sorry that each chapter is so darn short… I don't mean for them to be, but I have such a short attention span (that and I should be doing final's study and what not because school's ending really soon). I just had to get this chapter up today because I'm trying to get a new one up every weekend, and I didn't really want to fall behind.
I hope you are willing to review now that you have read it, it is always helpful and I love to hear from you guys that read it!
I hope that you all like it so far, and I promise that once I am entirely done with the story, I will try and go back to fix the many errors that I already know are in it.
Thank you for reading, have a very nice day, and I do hope that you come back next weekend ^-^