Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Accident ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Beyblade except my OC's.

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

The street lights shone smugly against the thick blanket of snow that had recently landed in Tokyo, Japan. Her footsteps were muffled by the sound of the snow ploughs that shoveled the main roads. She shoved her hands into her puffy black vest. For the middle of December, it really wasn't that cold…what a shame. If it had been, she might have been able to freeze herself to death. But did she really want to? After last week, was dying really the answer?

For some reason, deep in the pit of her stomach, she knew it wasn't, and not even thinking about their deaths could make her upset anymore. Billy…he had always been there for her…his luck always seemed well. They were so close, so how could hers be so…horrible?

It might be because she was her…Summer Martin. She loved her brother so much, but how could she let him suffer, with her miss happenings and bad luck? Then again, how could she make him suffer by killing herself?

"Argg," she yelled, pulling at fistfuls of her own hair. "Why does this have to be so damn hard?" she cried out. If HE hadn't come along, then maybe she could only say goodbye to Billy, but for another reason, she couldn't say goodbye to HIM.

"Kai," she whispered solemnly, "Why have you done this to me?" she shoved her hands back in her pockets, as a thought redundantly crept back into her mind.

*Memory*

"Billy, I really need to go," she whined, on the verge of jumping up and down. "I said five minutes," he reminded her absentmindedly. Billy was signing t-shirts, posters, and anything else fans could find. "I'll wait outside," she grumbled angrily. To Billy, five minutes might mean five or six hours later. Those damn fans just won't leave him alone. Was it his fault the gene pool had looks?

She slunk out the backstage door, mumbling hello's to possibly any security guard that wanted to be in Billy's good books. As she sauntered down the parking lot, a figure stopped in front of her. "Out of my way," she growled.

"Not until you answer my question," was a gruff reply. "Suicide is not the answer," he continued. The more he talked, the more Summer recognized the voice.

"Why do you care what I do with my life?" she replied icily. "*pause* there are other people who do, please don't upset those people," there was an uncomfortable silence before Summer spoke. "What's your question Hiwatari?" she asked.

For a moment, Kai seemed a little shocked. How did she know who it was? "Why now?" he whispered. "Because no one cares, and neither do I," she snapped.

"But there are," he grunted. "Billy and Ray don't count," she sighed.

"It's not Billy, and it's not Ray," he finally stated.

"Then who the hell is it?" Summer finally snapped on him. This guy always spoke in riddles. How the hell do you figure out a guy who doesn't even talk straight?

Once again there was a pause, and Summer pushed past him. He obviously wasn't going to tell her. "Me," he said impassively. Summer stopped dead in her tracks. "What?"

When he didn't answer her, she stalked back over. "What?!?" she repeated. Kai looked away from her auburn eyes. "Kai, I heard something from you, so what?" she hissed.

`He-he, he's too embarrassed to say it again,' Summer thought wickedly, `this could get fun,'

"You liiiiiiiiike me, don't you?" she asked in a sing-songy voice while skipping in a circle around him. She heard him grunt something, but continued to stay unresponsive. `Damn, he's a hard nut to crack, but I'll do it,' she smiled widely in spite of herself.

Kai saw this, and mentally sweat dropped. `Um…' he thought, considering just walking away.

Summer's wicked grin turned into a small maniacal laugh, as she rubbed her hands together.

`Summer…' a voice tried to reason with her in her head. `Kitzen, not now,' Summer pushed the voice aside.

`Don't do anything foolish,' Kitzen finally mumbled, before disappearing from her mind.

Summer stared Kai right in the face, unblinkingly. She smiled again, and began skipping around him. The next thing she knew, Kai grabbed her by the shoulders, and had his lips firmly pressed against hers.

"You heard me," he said gruffly, before walking away. Summer's heart flip-flopped. Kai likes HER? Unbelievable.

*End Memory*

Summer kicked a small ball of snow. Why? He had been constantly on her mind. Had that really even happened? After the incident, she woke up in a hospital, and Kai acted as if nothing had happened. Not the `I'll blush every time you look my way', kind of thing, but he was still leaning against walls with his eyes closed, and his arms folded across his chest…oh boy his chest.

Summer mentally slapped herself. Where the hell had that come from? Should she just continue with what she had let her life revolve around before? Or more? Should she make room in her life for one more person… a person who doesn't even like her? No! Most definitely not.

She began mumbling inarticulately to herself, as she stepped onto the road. As she began walking, a bright light blinded her vision. "SUMMER!" she heard someone yell. Turning around, she saw Kai. "Kai?" she called, shielding her eyes. She saw Kai making a sweeping motion with his hand, as he yelled, "Get out of the way,"

Of course, Summer had no idea what he was talking about, until she heard the truck horn…

She turned to face the truck, and most literally saw a white light, just before the collision. Right before she passed out, her entire life flashed before her closed eyes, Kai's worried voice calling out to her…

Three Months Earlier…

It's a new day, but it all feels old

It's a good life, that's what I'm told,

But everything just feels the same,

At my high school, it felt more to me,

Like a jail cell, a penitentiary,

My time spent there only made me see,

Good Charlotte was singing at a concert, and Summer sat back stage, grumbling as she sat in a seat. "Stupid `you're-not-allowed-on-stage' security guard… just because I fell down the stairs last time," she continued rambling on, until she heard voices.

"I told you Tyson, the bathrooms are the OTHER way," she heard a male voice. "No Max, I say they're this way," another one urged.

"Hey," Summer hollered. "You're not allowed back-" she froze, as he mouth dropped open. They were totally ignoring her! Her eye twitched angrily. "HEY!" she yelled again.

This time, the boys turned around. "YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED BACK HERE!" she screeched over the blaring music.

The usual conversation began, by Summer yelling over the music that you need a backstage pass to be here, then that was followed by apologies and introductions.

"I'm Ray, the one with the hat is Tyson," Tyson waved upon hearing his name.

"The blonde one is Max, the one with a laptop is Kenny, the girl is Hilary, and lastly, the one alllll the way over there," Ray pointed behind them to a figure standing against the wall in the shadows, "Is Kai," he finished. "Nice to meet you guys, I'm Summer Martin," she smiled.

"OMIGOSH, AS IN BILLY'S SISTER?" Hilary screamed. "Uh… yah?" she answered, not really paying attention. She was looking at the figure on the wall… Kai was it? He seemed a little distant… why?

Back with the Unconscious Summer…

"She's lost a lot of blood," she heard someone comment. "Wait a minute…" she heard one whisper frantically. "Where's her pulse…her heat beat? DOCTOR? Where's a damn doctor when you need one?" a familiar voice yelled frantically. Kai's voice?

Wait a minute… no heart beat? No pulse? Now that she thought it, she did fell a little… um sleepy. She saw the lights once again, as she blacked out…the last words spoken, were spoken to deaf ears… "You can't go…"

Does she die? Do you think she dies? How about you answer this is a review? Don't worry, this is far from the end…*lightening flashes* MUWA HAHAHAHA! {Ahem} Please review, thanks. P.S~ When you feel tired, and you see a white light, before you black out, that's not a good sign…do you get my hint?

Anywho, don't forget to review! Ciao!