Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Kitzen ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2

::Note:: I got more reviews for the first chapter of this fic on the first day I put it out, then I've had for practically every other fic I've written…hmmm… Anyways, thanks guys so much! I'm so happy now! It's always nice when you know someone likes what you've done, or at least takes time out of their life to say what you did wrong! Thanks again to those who reviewed. Just so I don't get sued or anything, here's another small note, then the disclaimer. The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

A/N: We're back three months before, around the time when Summer first met everyone.

It's been a long hard road without you by my side,

Why weren't you there all the nights that we cried?

You broke my mother's heart; you broke your children for life

It's not okay, but we're alright

Summer sat in a comfy black chair, with all a certain one girl hanging onto her every word. "So what's he like?" Hilary asked, her eyes were all starry, and she looked like she was in la-la land. "He's… um great," she sweat dropped.

"Hilary's a little what you would call obsessed," Max sighed. "Really?" Summer snorted sarcastically. "I'll tell you what, if you let go of my arm, I talk Billy and the rest of `em into talking to you," she tried desperately to get the love struck teen off her arm.

Hilary immediately withdrew her arm and straightened herself. "Hilary would like that, wouldn't you Hil? He'd be a perfect match for you, and maybe your so called `relationship' will escalate into something more?" Tyson wiggled his eyebrows up and down suggestively. Hilary blushed almost 42 different shades of crimson at that thought. "Tyson," she yelled.

"You know he's 23, right?" Summer asked carefully. Hilary stopped throttling Tyson to reply. "Ya," she replied slowly, like Summer was retarded or something.

"And you guys are seventeen right?" she continued. "Actually," Kenny piped in. "Kai and Ray are seventeen, whilst Tyson, Hilary and Max are sixteen, and sadly, I am fifteen," Kenny said solemnly. He didn't like being the youngest.

"Eww," Summer crinkled her nose. "In that case, it would be like Billy going out with me, in Hilary's case," Ray laughed. "Let's hope that doesn't happen," Summer narrowed her eyes at Ray, then Tyson. "PETOPHILE," she yelled, as she threw a pillow at Tyson's head.

"Why me? I didn't SAY anything," he whined. "You IMPLIED a lot," Summer snorted. "Anyways, that doesn't even make sense," Tyson continued. "Tyson," Summer spoke very, very slowly for him. "I'm sixteen. So is Hilary. Since we're the same age, oh never mind," talking to Tyson, was like talking to a brick wall. Time consuming and VERY thick.

Summer smiled softly to herself as she watched the group of teens. It was like a family, really, except this family came from different places. Right now, Hilary was throttling Tyson for who knows what, while Kenny stayed a safe distance away, and tried to calm them. Ray actually attempted to get his hands in there to separate them. Max, seemed to be on a sugar high, and didn't look like he was helping too much. He skipped around the chairs singing, `when the teddy bears have their picnic'. Lastly, Kai stood indifferently against the wall. Didn't he get tired of standing? Should she go over and offer him a seat? For some reason, these people made her feel differently. She felt happy, calm, care-free, and safe here, much like she did with Billy, Benji, Joel, and whoever else happened to be their drummer for now. She felt, like she said before, different. She didn't feel like giving up anymore, she felt like testing herself and others around her. She was happy. This is how she wanted it to stay.

"Tyson, I swear, when I get my hands on you…" Hilary had begun chasing Tyson, who had finally gotten free from her death grip.

"Why don't you come and sit down," she asked, walking up to the one known as Kai. "Humph," was all he replied. "Why not?" she badgered. The room went dead quiet as everyone held their breath for Kai's response. Even the crickets knew better than to chirp right now.

"Excuse me, didn't you hear me?" she asked angrily. Everyone gasped. No one really, was THAT rude to him, but they had to cut her some slack. She didn't know him. Max snuck up behind her and pulled her away. "We don't talk like that to him," he whispered in her ear. "Why not?" she asked curiously, as she still continued to be pulled backwards.

"He doesn't own the place," she continued. Kai opened one eye, and locked it with hers. "Humph," he grunted, before leaving. Summer smiled victoriously. That look that he had sent her. It was a challenge, and she never backed away from a challenge…

Later, Summer managed to get Billy, Benji, and Joel to talk to Hilary. "So Billy…" she sighed happily. Summer stood behind Hilary, and pointed at the back of her throat, while she made a gagging sound. Hilary didn't seem to notice. Benji and Joel chuckled, and Billy smiled. Hilary, on the other hand, thought Billy was smiling at her. She suddenly wrapped her arms around his waist, and the room went dead silent. "Umm…" Joel coughed.

Hilary was so zoned out of it. "Yuck. Now I'm really going to be sick," she gagged, putting a hand to her forehead, as she spun hypnotically on her foot before collapsing into someone's arms.

Summer looked up and smiled teasingly at Benji. Hilary, this time, saw what Summer did. An evil, conniving smirk inched onto her face. Hilary quickly let go of Billy, and flung herself around Benji's neck, just as Summer got up. She kissed him on the cheek, and smiled evilly at Summer.

"Bitch," she murmured. Everyone turned at looked at her. Benji, Joel and Billy seemed to be the only ones not fazed. "What? Did I tread on precious property?" Hilary asked innocently.

"No, you touched precious property," she seethed. Hilary looked from Benji to Summer, and scratched her head. "You and Benji?" she giggled.

"Hell yah," Summer smiled widely, as she put her arm around Benji's waist. "Most definitely," Benji played along, ruffling Summer's hair. She scowled at him, but continued to smile at Hilary.

"And it's quite sickening really," Joel admitted. "Hands, always touching," he shuttered at the memory, as he seemed to stare off into space. Everyone was in on it…everyone but Hilary.

"There's nothing like love," Max smiled sheepishly. Hilary furrowed her eyebrows together. This isn't exactly what she had expected.

Summer winked at Ray, and he understood perfectly. "I mean, how could you not? Come on Hil, even you have to admit the dimples are cute," Hilary looked at them, and raised an eyebrow. "Dimples?" was all she could say. "Ya dimples! Come on Benj, smile!" Summer put her hands on Benji's cheeks. Benji smiled, and two little dimples appeared on either side of his face. "Eeeee," Summer squealed. "You're so cute!" she stated happily.

"You know, I might turn gay," Ray smiled. Hilary looked around nervously. `Gay?' she thought surprised.

Tyson gave Ray a weird look, before inching away from his side. There was NO way a gay guy was EVER going to get him! He belonged to Hil- Whoa! That was a close one! He almost said her name.

It took a couple of extra minutes afterward to convince Hilary that was just a joke, and even longer to convince Tyson that Ray was NOT gay.

It had been pretty uneventful after that. Hilary was still mad at Summer, and Tyson was still doubtful of Ray.

"Tyson, I swear I was only kidding," Ray told him. "How do I know that?" Tyson yelled suspiciously, never getting within a couple of feet of the new `Gay Ray'. (Te-he it rhymes)

"Because I'm your friend, and you should trust me," Ray said, getting agitated. "How do I know you haven't just been lying to us the whole time?" Tyson yelled.

Ray sighed exasperatedly. "What do I have to do for you to trust me?" "Go kiss a girl," Tyson snorted, after a moment's pause.

Ray's mouth dropped open. "Kiss…a…a…girl?" he stuttered, his voice high-pitched and squeaky, as his face paled a few shades.

"Not just any girl," Tyson continued mischievously. "That one," Everyone turned and followed Tyson's outstretched hand to where he was pointing…directly at Summer. All was quiet once again. Boy was this room apprehensive! Summer had been talking to her brother, but turned around at the sudden quietness.

`I don't like this,' she thought shakily. She snapped from her trance, when she saw Ray approaching her. She saw his pleading eyes, and shrugged. If Ray was willing to do it, it couldn't have been that bad.

He pushed her raven hair behind her ear, and bent down to kiss her sweetly and gently on the lips.

The future; unconscious Summer…

Summer's P.O.V

Why do you always see white light before you die? I realized after I thought this, that I was enveloped in a brilliant, blinding white light. I knew I was part way between the real world, and heaven.

I began walking towards the light, but it was like Heaven was running away from me. No matter how much I ran, or how much I walked, nothing seemed to appear. How could this happen to me and for that matter why IS this happening to me? I either want to go back to being lonely, and doing nothing, or pass onto heaven.

I could hear Billy and Joel. Where was Benji? I had expected to not see Paul and the drummer, because I'm not that close to them. But Benji, he was like my best older friend. Why wasn't he here? That's IT! I refuse to go back to earth. Kai's been messing with my mind, and Benji's not even here. Except for Billy, Joel and Ray, there is absolutely no reason for me to go back…

I looked down at my feet, to see an ambulance. Why is there an ambulance? As I looked down, I saw… Kai?? `Why was he still here? Did he actually mean what he said last week? Does he actually care for me?' I thought, but then scowled, as I saw him get up and leave. He didn't even look upset!

"YOU BASTARD," I yelled. He didn't seem to hear me. That sonova bitch lied to me! How dare he! A heart is not something you can toy with.

I suddenly let everything sink in. If I'm seeing myself…am I just a soul of my former self? Am I dead? I must be, I look so pale…and blue.

"We need to move her to the hospital," the paramedic said to Billy. "Did you get a pulse?" Billy asked.

"No, but she might just need some medical attention," he stated calmly.

`Medical attention,' I thought angrily. "I need to be brought back to life," I screamed down to the people who I had once cared about.

As I saw Kai leave, another memory flashed before me. Before I finally die, do I have to see my entire life? Am I being punished for being lonely?

Two Months Earlier…

"Dranzer," "Draciel," Both Max and Kai were battling, and it was very evident that Kai had the upper hand. Kai, as always, looked uninterested. "It looks like so much fun!" Tyson yelled enthusiastically. "I want in," he attached Dragoon to the launcher, and pulled his rip cord.

Everyone yelled in union, yet Tyson failed to notice. Dragoon landed safely in the beydish. It spun in the center, while Dranzer and Draciel played cat and mouse, circling the outside of the dish.

"Tyson," Summer growled. "You're ruining it, call Dragoon back," Tyson stuck his tongue out at her, and Summer growled again. Summer rolled her sleeves up, and was about to advance on Tyson, when Ray put his hand on her shoulder to stop her. She turned to look at him, and saw him shaking his head disapprovingly. Instead, she pulled her blade out of her pocket. "Come on Kitzen," she mumbled.

Summer released a silver and navy blue blade, and it flew towards the dish. Without actually entering it, Summer's blade knocked Dragoon out of the stadium. Tyson whirled around, obviously miffed.

"What did you do that for?" he asked angrily. "It's their battle, so butt out," she snapped. "I want some action," Tyson whined impatiently.

"I'll give you action, come on Kitzen," Summer's blade shot past Tyson, and was so close to him, he could hear the wind whizzing past him.

Kitzen shot right into a tree, and passed right through. When everyone but Max and Kai looked, there was a hole, the size of a beyblade, clear through the tree trunk.

Tyson smirked at the challenge. "You're on," Dragoon was once more launched. Everyone gathered around, including Kai and Max, whose match was over. Kai had won.

"Come on Kitzen," Summer called out, bored. "Hey, don't fall asleep on me," Tyson yelled, as Summer yawned.

Kitzen circled around Dragoon, and with each passing second, her blade picked up speed. It was moving so fast, that now it looked like a dark blur, and that's exactly what it was. Soon, a dark wind picked up around Tyson's blade. In mere moments, there was a black funnel of wind. It looked exactly like Dragoon's Galaxy Storm!

"Alright Kitzen," Summer yelled, "Finish it," in one quick movement, Kitzen used Rising Claw-Drigger's move.

Everyone's eyes opened in amazement. She had just used Dragoon, and Drigger's attacks! In a flash, Dragoon stopped spinning, before Tyson even had a chance to blink. Once again, it was dead quiet.

"My turn," Kai smirked, stepping forward. "Whatever, it's your funeral," Summer shrugged.

The battle started off normally. Kitzen and Dranzer stood spinning on the spot, both not wanting to make the first move.

"Fine, you want to see what Kitzen can do, LIGHT'S SHADOW!" Kitzen appeared out of the blade, and everyone gasped in amazement. Kitzen was basically a two headed panther. Both heads were black, but one head had purple eyes, and a white star on its forehead. The other head had steel-grey eyes, and a red star on its forehead. Its body was sleek and shiny, with four powerful black paws. On its back were two eagle-like wings, one with white feathers, and one with black feathers. Around its neck was a thick navy blue collar-armor, with a black circular gem in the middle. Around its paws, was the same collar-like armor, only without the gem. Lastly, around the tail, near the tip there was an exact replica of the collar-like armor, gem and all.

Kitzen roared, as a black ball of energy, surrounded by crackling white lightening, shot towards Dranzer. With little effort, Dranzer dodged it. "Stand still," Summer seethed, "If you don't want to get burned, don't play with fire," Kai commented.

"Well, I have been known as an arsonist," Summer teased, as the two blades clashed, sparks flying every where. "Kai Hiwatari, get ready to lose," Summer proclaimed.

"I never lose," Kai scoffed. "Well let me be the first one," Summer taunted.

"Actually, Kai lost to me in the first championships before the Bladebreakers were formed," Tyson said triumphantly.

Summer snorted. "You can't be THAT tough if you lost to HIM," Tyson continued smiling, but frowned and yelled when he figured out what Summer had said.

"Hey," he shouted. "Come on Tyson, you should've caught on faster," Summer teased.

"Get back to the battle," Kai instructed, as Dranzer forced Kitzen back a couple of feet. Summer growled. "Come on Kitzen, finish it off. FREEDOM'S ARROW!" a white burst of light in the shape of an arrow shot towards Dranzer.

"DRANZER…BLAZING GIGUS," The two energies clashed, sending both blades back to their owners. Kai smirked. That was fun. They would have a real match…but would it necessarily be in the beydish or beystadium?...