Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Doppelgagner ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

A/N: I know switching back and forth is annoying, but bare with me…P.S. We are in the present time, and Summer is watching the scene (the ambulance) from up above. "Italics" or `Italics'are words that Summer or Kitzen are sayingor thinkingas they see the image.

Summer fell to the ground, clutching her head, as tears dripped down her face. "Why am I seeing this? Why am I being punished?" Summer didn't want to see all this…she didn't want this to be any harder than it already was. "I'm already dead, why can't I just go to heaven?"

"You don't deserve to," a voice said. "Kitzen?" Summer whimpered. "After what you've been thinking… saying… you don't deserve to go to heaven," the great black panther appeared before her.

"Kitzen," Summer yelled. "How could you? I thought you were my friend? How could you say that?" Tears erupted from her eyes once more.

"How could YOU?" Kitzen scowled. "There are people who care about you… doesn't that mean anything?" her eyes softened as Summer grabbed onto her neck.

"It doesn't matter when the most important person in your life doesn't care when you die!" her cries came out in fast sobs.

"Summer, don't those memories evoke ANYTHING?" Summer's tears dried. "That was YOU?" she bellowed.

"I am connected to your mind, of course it was me!" Summer pushed herself away from her bitbeast. "Why?" she asked softly.

"Don't you know?" Kitzen asked.

"Is it because I'm alone… because I WANT to die?" Summer couldn't handle this. Being dead was more painful than being alive.

"No," Kitzen suddenly stood proud, her lavender and steel-grey eyes shone protectively; angrily. "Its because you THINK you're alone," Summer scowled.

"Well as far as I'm concerned, this is exactly what I wanted. Don't take that away from me," Summer turned on her heel and folded her arms across her chest. All she wanted was to not see this anymore.

"I won't let you give up…" Kitzen whispered. "…not until you remember…" Summer turned, her raven hair whipping around behind her.

The Memory…

Summer walked along the deserted path that weaved over the hills, and through the trees of the park. "Stupid Tyson, stupid Hilary," The two were constantly fighting, and it just reminded Summer of her own fight with life. She had been happy until they started arguing. Once more she felt like taking a knife and stabbing herself.

All she could do was leave. How could she let the Bladebreakers know about her secret? They didn't deserve to know that she was an empty soul wandering from place to place, trying to find something, at which she could kill herself. So far, it was like the gods didn't want her to die. Every possible accident had ended her in the hospital, but she had always survived.

Lightening flashed across the sky, as the water cascaded down from the heavens. All at once, Summer's troubles washed away with the calming rain. How the rain had always calmed her, no matter what state of mind she was in.

She heard footsteps behind her, and she quickly turned around, to see none other, than Kai Hiwatari. "Kai?" she asked. He stood there like a statue, probably debating whether or not to advance, or just turn around and leave. He looked down at the ground, then back up to meet Summer's auburn gaze. As he turned to leave, Summer suddenly felt like crying again. "Don't go," she whispered. Kai looked over his shoulder at her.

"Don't let those two get you down," he mumbled, before beginning to walk away. Summer's eyes widened. Did he know? How could he… does he?

"Kai, what do you know?" she asked, as she stepped in front of him. "I know for one, that suicide is not the answer," he stated calmly.

"Right now, no it's not," she replied. Kai only raised an eyebrow in response. "It's raining," she said happily. "Plus, there's someone here with me," She brushed past him, and began walking the opposite way.

"…" Kai turned and followed her. "It's so calming… yet it brings great sadness," she looked down at her shoes as Kai only gave her a quizzical look. "It always rains when something sad happens," she tried to put a fake smile on for Kai, but Kai could see right through the lie.

The two stopped, and Summer looked into his eyes. "Kai-" she was interrupted by his stare, and she wanted so bad to kiss him… but she couldn't leaving would be only that much harder if she got closer to someone else.

"Is it true?" he finally asked. "…" Summer didn't want to look into his crimson stare. "Did something sad happen?" he sighed.

"I'm leaving," was all she could say.

"No you're not," he said with great authority. "I won't let you," Summer's eyes shone with tears that threatened to fall.

"That's when I first started having feelings for him," Summer mumbled sadly. "Then he shot me down…that bastard," she mumbled that last words, "That bastard".

"Tyson would be too annoying if you died before he had a chance to beat you in a beybattle," Summer's tears quickly dried. She HAD misinterpreted him. Suddenly, she didn't feel like kissing him anymore. She didn't feel like being anywhere near him. She ran…

End Memory…

Kitzen finished the image before Summer had a chance to see the anguish that came after.

"Doesn't he at least mean ANYTHING?" Kitzen asked softly after a moment's silence. "He DID, but now he doesn't," she whispered desolately.

"He shot me down, Kitzen… he got my hopes up for nothing," she suddenly burst into tears again, clinging to the fur around Kitzen's neck. Kitzen's one head bent down to lick the top of her head, whilst the other bent down to rub it's head against her cheek.

"I think he still does," Kitzen whispered lovingly.

"No he doesn't," Summer mumbled into the thick black fur.

"He… he hurt me, Kitzen… he got my hopes up for nothing. He sent me running away," she cried out in despair. "Yes, but was it not him who came after you?" Summer stopped crying enough to look at her ancient friend. "Yes, but he did it out of guilt, not love,"

There was absolutely nothing Kitzen could do to convince her. Kai was dead to her, and most literally, Summer was dead… to him. "Kitzen, please let me go, I'm so very tired of trying to get through it… please, let me rest in peace," weeping was the only thing that Summer could do now. It was the only thing she knew HOW to do.

"I am your friend, Summer, why can't you just listen to me?" The room in which they were in suddenly went as black and bleak as hell itself. This room, was connected to Summer's feelings. This, was her heart. "Because you're wrong, no one loves me, and none of them will. Kai… yes I admit that I loved him, but now, as I lay dead in the ambulance, he's not there. He left. He gave up on me," Summer

roared out in anguish. The world, the heavens, the gods, her love had given up on her… she had given up on herself. Suddenly, long black vines shot out of nowhere, and twisted themselves around Kitzen's body. Summer's calm auburn eyes turned blood red with rage, and were so clouded. She had no idea she was hurting her loyal friend. "Kitzen, you are hurting me now, more than Kai himself. Let me rest in peace, or you shall pay dearly," Summer didn't even know what she was saying. She was not herself anymore. Her inner anxiety and depression, along with her rage had finally taken over. She had no control over her body. Her doppelganger had taken over. (a doppelganger is kind of like the complete opposite to your conscious. It's the little devil that appears on your shoulder in cartoons)

The black vines tightened their hold, and Kitzen roared out in pain as blood seeped slowly from wounds. "Summer, please look at yourself… look at what you've become," Kitzen was slowly getting weaker, and as she did so, Summer grinned evilly.

"You stupid cat. Don't you get it? The Summer you knew is finally gone. That stupid wench has finally kicked the bucket. It's me now, and only me…"

A/N: Hmm…I think I'm starting to get the hang of this thingy… I know that some of you may not like the inner anguish and all, and I'm sorry, but this story is mainly exactly that. Don't worry, nothing TOO bad will happen. I don't know if I'm gonna kill Summer off or not (ducks under table from flying fruits) maybe you could tell me in a review whether you want her to do or not. If no, should she be with Kai?

Ciao