Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Forgiven ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

"Italics" or `Italics'are words that Summer or Kitzen are sayingor thinkingas they see the image.

The helpless Kitzen struggled to get up. She couldn't let Summer do this to her… or to herself for that matter. For all the people who cared about her… loved her, she couldn't let this happen.

"Summer…" she was so weak from the beatings… she wanted to lash out at Summer, but the girl was already so weak, physically and emotionally.

"I am not Summer," the doppelganger yelled. "Summer, is dead, I am here now. Her own pitiful attempts to conceal me before have now failed. I am free," She laughed evilly, and both of Kitzen's heads growled in frustration. That's when she saw it. Summer. The real Summer crouched in the corner of the bleak room. She was huddled in a ball, rocking back and forth. Her eyes were so lifeless, and empty. Silent tears ran down her cheeks, as she hummed the same words over and over again. "They all left me… betrayed me,"

"Summer, no one betrayed you," Kitzen's eyes shone with tears. "We all love you, I promise," The childish Summer in the corner seemed to look right at Kitzen, but didn't really see her. She was a lifeless, heartless corpse.

"From the first day I met you Summer, I knew you had a past; a painful history. That's why I never brought it up," Summer in the corner stopped rocking; stopping humming. She stared straight at Kitzen.

"I know I should've made you confront your fears, but I was afraid… afraid I'd lose you, to something. It's my fault you're like this. I was afraid you'd turn into what you are now," Summer got up from her crouching position, and began walking, but stopped when she hit an invisible wall. Black vines shot out from behind and pulled her backwards.

"I told you Kitzen, there is nothing you can do," the doppelganger walked up to the mighty bitbeast.

"What have you done to her?" Kitzen snarled.

"Me?" the doppelganger asked in mock sadness. "I have done nothing. She is encased in her own grief. This never would have happened if you only let her pass on,"

"I didn't let her pass on because I know she has more to live for. She doesn't deserve to die right now,"

"Kitzen?" a weak voice called out to the panther… It was Summer-the real Summer.

Kitzen's heads turned sharply. "Summer, listen to me. You have to hold on… Please, don't give up,"

"Kitzen, I'm really scared," Kitzen heard whimpers, and that's when the doppelganger finally exploded. "Shut up, bitch," with a wave of her hand, Summer was sent flying against the wall. Her eyes, however, still remained lifeless, as her body struggled to get up.

"Summer," Kitzen called out.

Down On Earth…

In the ambulance, Billy jolted awake as he felt something moving. As he looked, Summer's body seemed to lurch forwards. Billy looked frantically at the doctors. "She moved," he yelled. "She moved," a doctor got up immediately, and felt for her pulse.

"I'm sorry Mr. Martin, it was your imagination. She still has no pulse or heartbeat…"

Doppelganger and Kitzen…

The vines dug in closer to Kitzen's warm flesh. With each passing second, more blood dripped out.

"Why are you doing this?" Kitzen asked weakly.

"Why?" the doppelganger seemed outraged. "My whole life, I have been ignored. Summer never gave into the urge to kill. Sure she wanted to take her own life, but I wanted her to take someone else. That bitch never had the courage," Kitzen shook with what little energy she had, out of anger.

"Summer will not give up, and you will disappear," she growled angrily.

"Oh, but without your precious Summer, that can't happen," the doppelganger snapped her fingers, and the vines around Summer tightened. The lifeless corpse cried out.

"Fine, then I'll make YOU remember," With some of her last energy, Kitzen propelled them into another memory.

Memory…

A lifeless Summer lay in the emergency room in the hospital. It was right after Kai told her that he cared for her. He stood impassively against the wall as the steady beep of the hear monitor confirmed that Summer was still alive. Billy and Benji had just come to see her, and so had the Bladebreakers. All were worried about her. The question that still remained was… was he?

The shadows covered his face as he dug his hands into his pockets. That bitch shouldn't have been out there in just a t-shirt. It was probably -15 degrees out there.

"Remember Summer…" Kitzen's soft voice reached deaf ears. The doppelganger on the other hand, had her hands covering her ears. "No more," she cried. As Kitzen looked over, the Summer in the vines began disappearing. "Summer?" Kitzen called out worriedly.

Billy burst back in through the doors, but his eyes fell sad again, to see that Summer still hadn't woken up yet. "Damn it," he mumbled.

As Kitzen looked, the doppelganger began to get Summer's features back. "Kitzen, stop it," she screamed, still covering her ears. Kitzen smiled faintly. Summer was still there. "No Summer, remember," she cried. Summer's eyes closed firmly, as she raised her head in the air. "Nooo," she screeched, making the vines on Kitzen tighten more.

Summer reappeared in the corner. The doppelganger had once again taken control. "Stop it with this foolishness," she bellowed, as she grinned evilly.

"Not until you remember," Kitzen began to sweat, and both her heads looked extremely exhausted.

Kai took leave, as Billy knelt down by Summer's bed. "What did he say to you?"

"He said he loved me, and he lied," the real Summer yelled. "No," Kitzen muttered solemnly.

"He didn't," The doppelganger screeched again, and covered her ears. Summer's pleading and hurt features returned. "Kitzen, stop trying to destroy me… why are you making me remember this? This is when he left… he didn't even wait until I woke up,"

"Listen to me, watch closer," The real Summer took control long enough to see what Kitzen meant.

The memory rewound to where Kai stood against the wall, the shadows covering his face. That's when Summer saw it… a tear.

End Memory…

Summer stood unresponsively. "He… he was crying… for me?" Kitzen blinked a final time. "He… he can't deal with emotions Summer… it tore him apart… he had to leave," Summer's eyes cleared somewhat. "He shed a tear… for me,"

Summer was then propelled back into the box. The doppelganger returned. "Oh great, you know the truth," she smirked. "He… did mean it…" Summer was still shocked. "YOU lied to me," she yelled at the doppelganger. "YOU said he didn't care," the doppelganger backed up from Summer. She was startled. "He does care… YOU don't. LEAVE! This is your fault," she screamed at the doppelganger. At the sudden assertiveness, the doppelganger suddenly began disappearing. "Summer. You may have gotten rid of me for now, but think about this. If he loves you, why isn't he down there with you now?" with the final words spoken, the doppelganger vanished.

"Good for you, you are my girl," Kitzen mumbled softly, sweat pouring extensively from the heads.

Summer looked up at Kitzen. "I can't do it," shock and uncertainty returned to her face. "Let me pass on Kitzen," she cried out. She was still frightened.

"I want out," she yelled. "Summer," Kitzen voice was but a whisper now. "Everyone cares for you, calm down… please," "No… my doppelganger is right. That was then. He cared for me THEN. He's not even in the ambulance with me dead body," Summer's eyes clouded over again. Kitzen didn't know what to say. Summer was right. But Kai wasn't in the ambulance for a reason.

"HE wants you to stay," Kitzen murmured meekly. "I want you to stay,"

Summer shook her head. As she did, the vines around Kitzen tightened. "No he doesn't," she whispered. "I'll give you ONE last reason to stay," Kitzen murmured.

A picture of Summer and Kai kissing appeared in front of Summer. "No," Summer shook her head. "Summer, look below you,"

Summer did as she was told. As she did, she saw that her body was now in the emergency room. Kai, was sitting over her bed, alone.

"He's only there cuz Billy probably asked him to be," Summer denied everything she had ever felt for him. "Then why is he crying?" Kitzen asked.

"He feels guilty…it's his fault I'm dead… he distracted me… I could have gotten out of the way of that damn truck," Kitzen shook her head one last time. "As your friend, I am telling you, he still loves you," Summer looked up. "You remember the kiss, and you loved it. You still cannot believe that the one they called "icy Kai," has fallen for you. Your afraid to love," Summer's eyes cleared a little more.

Kitzen saw this. "I promise you, he DOES care… I'll prove it," with the last bit of her energy, she called down to earth. Down to Kai.

Kai felt it; heard it. It was Kitzen. "Listen to me Kai," Kai looked around the room. Kitzen sounded REALLY weak. "Summer is still here, help her, she's afraid…only YOU can help her…" with that, Kitzen's voice faded from his mind.

"Summer," Kai's voice shook with sadness, as tears dripped from his cheeks onto her covers.

"I'm sorry,"

Summer looked up from the ground. "Kai?" she asked. As she looked over at Kitzen, all she saw was the armor that Kitzen usually wore around her tail, and a HUGE puddle of blood.

"KITZEN… I'VE FAILED YOU TOO…" she finally all let it out. All the pain… anguish… she had killed the only person who always stayed with her.

"Summer, please, come back to me," Summer heard Kai's voice again. "Kai?" Summer's eyes cleared completely. "I-I want to, but I can't… I'm dead,"

Down on earth, Kai felt something warm stir in Summer's hand. "I still care about you… I never didn't. I can't lose you… not now. You've tried to kill yourself so many times before, and each time you have failed. Please don't die now, don't let this be the one time you give up on yourself," Kai stopped crying as he felt a presence in the room. "Kai," it said. "Keep doing it… you've almost got her," it was Kitzen, and it was her final word, as she passed on.

"I'm dead Kai, nothing you can do can bring me back," she cried again. The darkness and bleakness started to clear at Kitzen's last words to her. "When is anyone really dead?"

Summer stopped. Was there a chance she could go back… to him? Did she want to?

"Please come back to me Summer," Summer looked down once more at Kai.

"I forgive you," she whispered, as the box and vines disappeared. The entire room was now white once more. "KITZEN?" she called, as she ran over to where Kitzen was. "I'm so sorry to you," she whispered, as she rubbed Kitzen's tail armor against her cheek.

"I forgive you," Kitzen's image appeared in front of Summer. "You have forgiven. That is what I have wanted you to do all along. Now you have the choice." Heaven's gate appeared behind Kitzen.

"Heaven, or Earth?"…

A/N: Sheesh! I'm giving you guys a lot of chapters… you guys better review! Anyways, I really do want to know how I'm doing. Please, in a review, say WHY you like it… aside from that, I'll see you guys next time, Ciao!