Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Summer's Decision ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

Summer stood at the gates of heaven. She craned her neck upwards to see the great gates, made of solid gold, and shiny silver handles. "Kitzen," she asked softly. "I'm not so sure of my decision anymore," Kitzen looked at Summer unresponsively. "Would I see my parents if I went in there?" She asked, the tears returning.

"Shhh, Summer, don't cry. You've come so far. I'm sure you'd see your parents in there," Summer's eyes brightened. "I never did get to say goodbye," she mused.

"But… I feel different Kitzen, and I don't want to lose you," Summer's auburn eyes became watery, as she blinked back the tears.

"You don't have to go," Kitzen reminded her. "Yes I do, I'm dead. I don't deserve to go back. Not after what I've put everyone through… I don't deserve them," she mumbled.

"Enough," Kitzen growled. "I'm tired of you thinking you're all alone. You're not… Kai's here. He always has been, and always will. Your mind is so clouded… you don't even see the truth," Kitzen sounded harsh, and it made Summer cringe. Never had her bitbeast been so harsh to her before. "I want you to be open minded… the way you were BEFORE the accident," her eyes softened, as did her voice.

Summer looked down at her shoes. Her parents had been on a cruise when it happened. It was just like the titanic. Her parents hit an iceberg… Summer thought it was the dumbest thing in the world. Why the hell was there an iceberg in the middle of the Caribbean? Whatever the reason, Summer had always blamed herself. Her parents didn't want to go on the cruise, but she had forced them. It was technically her fault her parents died. Billy had been kind enough to take her in. (well technically, he had to) Summer had a very big conscious as it is, and it didn't help when two people died in her life at one time. That's when it first began. She didn't think it should have been them that died, they were too good to the world. God should have taken her instead. From then on, she had thought about committing suicide. The only way to redeem herself, was to take her own life. Then, hopefully, God would realize his error, and give her parents back to the world.

Before then, Summer had been a cheerful, happy-go-lucky person. She tried to keep up that charade, but each time, Billy would see right through it. Now was finally her chance to make amends with God and her parents.

"Kitzen, this is what I want," she said slowly, walking towards the gates.

"Summer, I am the bitbeast of light, and darkness. I let people pass on to the after life. However, I cannot bring them back if they suddenly feel like they made the wrong decision. This is your LAST chance to change your mind. Are you positively sure?"

Summer bit her bottom lip. Was it really the right choice? Again, just as she took a step, she heard Kai's voice.

"I didn't come in the ambulance for a reason," Summer stopped and turned. "I was retrieving people. Summer, please come back, we ALL care about you," As he said this, Benji, Billy, Joel, and the entire Bladebreakers team came in.

Summer's eyes swelled with tears. "Benji…" she whispered lovingly. "I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to you," Kitzen looked desolately at Summer. Summer really did want to go to heaven. There was nothing she could do about. Summer Martin, had finally died.

Summer turned to face Kitzen, and went to hug her, but ended up passing right through her. "I am only an image," Kitzen said apprehensively.

"I am sorry, but I can only be here with you in your heart, mind and soul," Summer clutched the tail armor close to her heart.

"It's because I hurt you…isn't it? It's because I was too wrapped up in my own misery to actually notice when I hurt my best friend," Kitzen's own eyes watered. This whole ordeal was really taking a toll on the sixteen year old.

"It wasn't your fault," Kitzen tried to cheer her up.

Unexpectedly, doctors came into the emergency room. "We can only hold her for so long. We've tried everything to help her. If she doesn't wake up in the next couple of minutes, which may I add is pretty much impossible, we'll have to pronounce her dead," Everyone in the room fell silent. Summer's lip trembled. In a couple of minutes, she'd be dead?

"You really have to choose Summer. Once you're proclaimed dead, I cannot help you. You will remain dead," Summer looked down at Earth, then back at Heaven's gates. This is what she had always wanted. She stood up, and gave one last look to the people on Earth. "I'm so sorry, but this is what I want,"

She walked up to the gates, and began to pull on the handles. "Just for the record, your parent's last words were, `Tell Summer it wasn't her fault'," Summer froze at Kitzen's words.

"No one will ever replace you," she heard whispers, but it only came from one person… Kai.

Summer really didn't want to turn around, but, she was still a curious dead girl. Kai was, once again, the only one in the room. Summer's lifeless body lay clutched in his arms as he slowly rocked back and forth. "You may be gone, but I will always love you," Whoa! What just happened here? This was all so confusing to Summer. The one… the one person in her life that said he loves her, is the one who banned himself from human contact a few months ago, so he could concentrate on blading.

"He's just saying that because Kitzen will have to be given to someone else if I die… I'm not going to change my…my…" As Summer tried to say mind, she saw Kai crying, still. "Get out of here," she yelled, making a sweeping motion with her hands. Kitzen smirked.

"You still care," she teased. Summer blushed. "I do not," she shrieked.

"Without knowing it, you're doing things, because Kai has done them," Kitzen inwardly smirked. She could see Summer's face paling. At least she was back to the way she was before. "I do not," she mumbled.

Kitzen purposely ignored her childish antics. "Go back," Kitzen whispered lovingly. Summer looked up at Kitzen. "You know you want to, so go," Usually only one of Kitzen's heads was angry, protective and vicious, and the other was kind, protective and loving. Now both heads were kind and loving. They looked at her with such certainty, that Summer was still actually debating which way to go. "Love, is not perfect… you have to work at it. Especially with Kai, as he will not come out and say it. Right now is very hard for him. Don't make it any harder by dying…" As Kitzen spoke, more images flashed through her mind. Not memories, but images.

First it was Summer, standing alone. Then it changed to Kai, standing alone, then Kai and Summer and Kai standing together in the park. The images became faster, and Summer had a hard time keeping up with them. Dranzer…Kitzen… The image flashed to Kai and Summer kissing, and seemed to freeze on the spot for a couple of seconds, before speeding up again.

Heaven's gates… the planet Earth… Japan… Ireland… Russia… still, the images flashed quicker and quicker, landing once again on Kai and Summer kissing, lingering for a minute, and then starting again.

Kai's face flashed before her eyes, cold and unresponsive. Kitzen's voice could be heard above the rest. "You have a choice… Heaven, or Kai, choose now!" With that, Kai began to fade away.

"KAI,DON'T GO!" she yelled, reaching out to grab him. As she did, she found herself back in the white room with Kitzen. "You have chosen." Summer felt herself skyrocketing back down to her body… Kitzen's voice, still speaking in her head. "I wish you luck. Remember, Love…you have to work at it. Above all else, never forget, to hold on…"

I am so evil…Yes, I am letting Summer live, but will she get to be with Kai? Is this the end of the story? Te-he, review, and I'll tell you…Ciao!