Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Rain ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6

 

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

 

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

 

 

"I'm sorry Mr. Hiwatari, I'm afraid you're going to have to leave," The doctor came in, as everyone else left. "One more minute," Kai mumbled. "Alright," The doctor looked sympathetic towards the seventeen year old.

 

Kai scooped the unconscious teen in his arms, and sat on the bed, rocking back and forth. "No one will ever replace you," he cooed solemnly.

 

He knew he had lost her. If Kitzen was right, she should have come back by now. Did something happen to her? Something bad?

 

Kai growled, as he punched the bed. This was his fault. If he had just told her how he felt before, none of this would have happened. She wouldn't have been too distracted to see the truck, and she wouldn't have ended up in this hospital.

 

"You may be gone, but I will always love you," Kai placed her back down on the bed, and kissed her forehead. One last solitary tear dripped from his cheek, onto her cold, lifeless hand. He held her hand one last time, as he turned on his heel, leaving his heart behind in the hospital room.

 

Hold on, if you feel like letting go…

Hold on, it gets better than you know…

 

"Have I made you cry Kai?" Kai whirled around at the soft voice. "Summer?" he stuttered, rushing back to her side. "I thought you were stronger than that!" she teased.

 

In one swift movement, Kai had Summer in his arms, his protective embrace confirming that Summer had indeed made the right choice.

 

"SHE'S ALIVE!" Kai shouted. Outside the room, everyone stood at Kai's screaming. Something must have happened, for Kai NEVER screamed for ANYTHING.

 

Everyone barreled into the room, to find Kai hugging Summer… their Summer. "Summer?" they all gasped in union. Billy pushed past Kai, and Summer felt all happy and felt like there was a HUMONGOUS weight lifted from her chest. She felt better, and she now knew that suicide was not the answer, nor would it ever be. Everyone had made sure that Summer was all right, before the doctor told everyone that they had to leave, unfortunately for them, Summer would have to stay.

 

"I'm alright guys, really," Summer had to be firm and persistent. All in one night, or should she say day, (it was now 2:00 in the morning) she had died, and come back to life.

 

"Kitzen… she mumbled softly. "Everything is okay now, but… are you? I know you were just a spirit before, but can spirits die?"

 

"Summer, have you forgotten everything I have taught you?" Kitzen suddenly appeared in Summer's mind. "Kitzen," Summer cried happily. "I thought I lost you," in her mind, Summer ran up and gave Kitzen a hug.

 

"I hurt you so badly, I am so sorry," Summer apologized profusely. "Hush now Summer… I know. I came here to talk to you," Kitzen said carefully.

 

"As you know, you're doppelganger damaged me up badly. So badly in fact, that I cannot go on," Summer's jaw dropped open. "What?!?" she sputtered.

 

"I will still be here, just in my younger form. I need to regain my energy so I may stay like this forever," Summer nodded her head slowly. "I'm sorry, but I will have no prior knowledge to this, until I transform back into the state that I am in right now. This will take about one month to do," Summer nodded. At least her dear Kitzen wasn't dying or anything.

 

"Kitzen," Summer hugged her fur happily. "Without you, I'd be so lost. Without you, I'd be dead. I'm so grateful you're my friend," Both of Kitzen's heads smiled at her.

 

"Oh here, I almost forgot," Summer dug into her pocket, and gave Kitzen back the armor that went on her tail.

 

Kitzen gave Summer one last lick on the cheek, before she stepped back. In a bright light, Kitzen shrunk, and was now a chibi version of herself. She looked more like a kitten now, more than anything. Only this kitten had two heads.

 

Summer gave the tiny panther cub one last hug, as she was laid off to dream land.

 

Faint sun rays poked through the glass as Summer struggled to open her eyes. When she did, there was a vase of flowers sitting on the table beside her bed, and Kai sat in the chair in the corner of the room. She sat up, careful not to make any noises that might wake him up. Unfortunately, with one arm, that's not to easy. She slipped, but regained her composer just in time, as Kai opened his eyes to see Summer sit up, all in a huff.

 

Summer felt eyes in her, and as she looked up, she found crimson eyes watching her indifferently. Slowly, he looked away from her, and he peered out the window, at a small Sakura tree which sat all alone on the top of a small hill. She followed his gaze, but didn't really understand what he was looking at. He stood, his two scarves swaying slightly. His eyes closed, as he slowly walked up to Summer. Summer felt a slight blush cross her cheeks as yesterday's events played through her mind.

 

"Kai," she tried to speak, but it came out as a squeak as she realized how weak she really was. As Kai reached the flowers, he turned at the sound of a small squeak.

 

"Why are you still here?" she asked shyly. "…" Kai really didn't know how to answer that. He picked up the vase, and walked quietly over to the sink so he could water the flowers. "Kai?" she asked again.

 

Kai turned to look at her indifferently. "Because… why are you?" he answered with another question.

 

There was a moment of silence, before Summer had the courage to speak. "Because of you," she whispered, suddenly finding her finger very interesting. Kai eyed her as he set the flowers back down.

 

Kai closed his eyes once again, as if in deep thought. He opened his eyes, and began walking towards the door. "That kiss, Kai. No matter what, my thoughts always went back to us…" Kai looked over his shoulder at her. So she had been thinking about them? Interesting!

 

She heard a grunting noise, before he walked out of the room. "I'm glad you're okay," was all he mumbled, before closing the door behind him. Summer's eyes softened. She was glad she was with Kai, but somehow, something felt just a little too different… like something wasn't all that right.

 

She yawned, and slid back into her warm covers. She smiled in spite of herself, as she dreamt of chasing Hilary with a flamethrower.

 

Two Weeks Later…

 

Summer walked down the streets of Waldorf, the sun barely peaking through the trees. It was a frosty morning, but the forecast was supposed to be warm. "Holy shit," she mumbled, rubbing her bare arms.

 

It was nice that she was still alive, but Kai still seemed distant and cold… even towards her. She was still fragile, and even the slightest wind could knock her over. Everyone was careful, and watched what they said to her. The sun still rose silently as she stood on the hill… the hill from the single Sakura tree. It had been two weeks since she came back, yet still she felt indecisive.

 

Deep in the pit of her stomach, something was still wrong. "Kitzen," she mumbled, looking down at the shiny blade in her palm. She gripped it tighter, the sun's rays shadowing her eyes as she let a tear drip down her cheek. Summer bit her lip, as she took a deep breath. `No, I said I would be strong for Kitzen and Kai,' she reminded herself, puffing out her chest.

 

"You were always the one to wake up early," a voice said from behind her. She whirled around. "Hi Benj," she smiled. "Are you sure you're a little better now," he asked carefully.

 

"I was better, than you came along," she teased. "Aww, I'm hurt," he pretended to snivel and whimper.

 

He came up beside her, and put his arm around her neck, and pulled her body closer to his. She wrapped her arms around his waist, and squeezed him, and the two of them watched the sunset.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

`Just tell her Kai,'

 

`I can't Dranzer'

 

`You can tell her when she's dead, but not when she's alive?' Kai pictured Dranzer lifting a feathery eyebrow.

 

`Exactly,' Kai snorted.

 

`You're hopeless Kai; just make sure you don't wait too long… confused people do drastic things…' With that, the fiery phoenix vanished from Kai's thoughts.

 

`What could that stupid bird mean this time?' Kai thought, as he shoved his hands in his pockets. It was a frosty morning today, and Kai didn't know why, but he wanted to go for a walk.

 

"Where are you going?" a sleepy Tyson had asked him. "For a walk," Kai remembered mumbling, before leaving the hotel room. Waldorf was certainly different from Japan, that's for sure.

 

Kai was so involved in his own thoughts; he didn't even notice where he ended up. It was at the Sakura tree outside the hospital room window. Summer had been moved from the hospital in Japan to the one in Waldorf, which confused Kai. Why would they move a half dead patient? Whatever!

 

"I was until you came," he heard someone tease. He looked up to see Summer in Benji's arms. He felt heat rush to his face, and he clenched his fist. `If that's how she wants it, fine,' he thought angrily, walking away.

 

Summer turned around at the sound a growl. `Kai?' she thought, looking at Benji before chasing Kai.

 

"Kai?" She called. Kai heard her call, but preferred to ignore her. Summer caught up to him. "Didn't you hear me call?" she asked, only getting a side glance from Kai.

 

After a moments silence, Summer spoke. "Is there anything wrong?" Kai stopped in his tracks. Summer only raised a questioning eyebrow. "Did something bad in your life happen?" she continued prodding, until Kai finally spoke. "You… you're what's happened," he growled. Summer's jaw dropped, as tiny tears formed in her eyes. She felt her entire world shattering once more. Her soul and heart separated from her body, and she literally felt like only a copy of her self. She regained enough control over herself, to speak.

 

"Asshole," she bit, slapping Kai across the face, before running away, the tears now coming down freely.

 

Summer knew where she was going off by heart. She ran, until she came to a building. She snuck inside, just at the sound of thunder clapping. As lightening flashed, two shiny things reflected off the ominous flash.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Benji made it into the house, just as the rain came down. It didn't even start as a drizzle… just as huge sheets of rain. Joel stood as Benji came in. "Dude, where did you go?" he asked.

 

"I went to see Summer," he shrugged off the question. "She's 16 dude, it's against the law… you go to jail and be classified as a pedophile," Joel continued.

 

"Dude, I know, she's just a friend," Benji said sitting down. Thunder clapped again, and Billy ran into the room.

 

"Where is she?" he asked frantically.

 

"Who?" Joel and Benji asked at the same time.

 

"Summer… where is she?" he asked again, nearly screaming.

 

"She chased after Kai…" Benji mused.

 

Billy looked horror-struck. "She's not with you?" he suddenly turned as white as a ghost, and stared out the window. Joel and Benji both got the shivers from his look of utter horror. They followed his gaze to what he was staring at.

 

Both Benji and Joel's eyes opened just as widely as Billy's.

 

"Rain…" They gasped all at once. "And lot's of it…"

 

Tehe… I'm thinking maybe a couple more chapters… what do you think? Anyways… do you get what I mean by rain, and why the three guys are so upset and horrified? Maybe if you re-read an old chapter, you might get it…

 

As side from that, review! Ciao!