Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Hold on Pt. 1 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

 

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

 

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

::Note:: Words in italics and underlined are words to the song, `Hold On' by Good Charlotte… another thing I don't own.

The rain still continued to pour down, and Summer was now drenched to the bone. In one hand, a gun. The other, a knife. The lightning flashed again, and the silver metal reflected the flash of light. This was it! That self absorbed asshole, Kai, had finally taken her last nerve. She had almost healed, and then he goes and says she's a waste of his time. How dare he! And to think she actually wanted to be with him!

 

Summer was once again in a pit of her own anguish, guilt and torment. All it had taken was one single sentence from Kai to do it. She no longer wanted to fell sympathetic towards those who were going to lose her. It was THEIR fault this was happening. It was THEIR fault she was like this. She gripped the knife tighter, before taking a slice at her wrist. She let the blood dribble down onto the sidewalk as she continued at her own pace down the soaking sidewalk.

 

She quickly loaded the gun, as she heard approaching footsteps. If ANYONE tried to stop her, they would pay… with their own life. She stopped and held her breath. The footsteps turned out to be a young man who was running to escape the pouring rain. She breathed out a sigh of relief, and continued walking.

 

In the pit of her stomach, Summer wished that they would come, then they could see her die. But those sonova bitches were nothing to her. She pulled Kitzen out of her pocket, and looked at the serene faces of the chibi panther cub.

 

"Goodbye," she whispered, before dropping her blade on the ground. Once again, the blade was slashed through her moist and delicate skin, as she let her ruby blood flow from her open wound on her other wrist, to the ground. The trail of blood soon diminished, washing down the sidewalk and into the gutter.

 

"Stupid bastards," she muttered under her breath.

 

Her whole being had been taken in by anger, and Summer was too heartbroken to notice. "Again, the treat me like shit," she whispered, a tear running down her cheek. "They knew I was emotionally unstable, yet they continued to be asses and destroy me," she roared, the ominous thunder absorbing her hurt cries.

------------------------------------

 

Billy ran down the main street of Waldorf, not caring if he was soaked. As a child, Summer had told him about `rain'. Rain was always a symbol of sadness, and the harder it rained, the more hurt the person was. Billy wondered if it was true this time. Of course, it had rained when Summer was hit by the truck, so was it right now? Was Summer in trouble? He shook his head and continued running. There was one more place he had to check.

-----------------------------------

 

Benji and Joel also ran down a street, but didn't exactly know where to even find her. If rain meant what Billy had told them it meant, Summer was in trouble. Benji and Joel had even tried putting them in her shoes, but neither of them wanted to hurt themselves like Summer, so they didn't even know where to begin to look.

 

"Oh Summer," Joel whispered into the rain, "Where have you gone?"…

-----------------------------------

 

Kai trudged down the sidewalk. She definitely hadn't taken that as planned… but maybe, had he been a little too hard on her? Maybe he might have.

 

Whatever now, Summer probably hated him, and he couldn't fix it… or could he? The rain beat down on his head, and he shivered. Stupid rain, it was only making him more depressed. Just then, Dranzer's words floated back into his mind. `Confused people do drastic things…' Kai's eyes opened widely. Summer was probably confused… she might have not even been with Benji at all… Benji cared for her, but not in that way. Then it hit him… rain… Summer was in trouble, and Kai had just made the biggest mistake of his life. He turned around and ran the other way.

 

`Summer, I'm coming,' he thought.

-------------------------------

 

Billy, Benji and Joel all met up at a corner. "No sign of her," they all wheezed. Just then, they heard a gun shot, and a scream. They followed the sound. Kai too, had heard the scream, and had also followed.

-----------------------------

 

Summer had shot at herself. She had a deep gunshot wound in her shoulder. Damn her aim was horrible! She had been aiming for her heart. Whatever… she was going to kill herself another way.

----------------------------

 

Moments later, Billy, Joel and Benji arrived to see Summer walk onto the roof of a tall 6 story apartment.

 

This world, this world is cold…

But you don't, you don't have to go…

 

Summer took a deep breath as she reloaded the gun. "Summer," Billy yelled. Summer looked down at them. "No Billy, don't come near… I'll shoot," she threatened, pointing the gun at them.

 

You're feeling sad, you're feeling lonely,

And no one seems to care,

 

"Please don't do it," Benji pleaded. "Too bad Benj, you should have protected me from HIM," she emphasized the word `him'. She cut her arm, and screamed out in pain. Billy took a step forward. "Billy, I said don't move," she screamed, pointing the gun his way. "You didn't though… you don't care… you don't care enough to save me from him," her screams were now maniacal.

 

Your mother's gone, and your father hits you,

This pain you cannot bare…

 

"We never said that," Billy urged. "Actions speak louder than words, dear brother…" she laughed softly. "But you wouldn't know that would you? You sing to get your point across. That's how it's always been," Billy let tears stream down his face.

 

"I thought you like the music," he asked softly. "I did, Billy. One of them, having the most influence on me," She thrust the knife into her leg. She was going to injure herself and make them feel bad.

-------------------------------

 

As Kai was running, he saw something glint on the ground. "Kitzen," he whispered… "She's this way," he picked up the blade and ran. He wasn't going to let go of Summer.

------------------------------

 

"Please Summer," Joel tried his hand at pleading, but to no avail. Now, the rain was coming down faster and harder. "Kitzen said that he cared, and he did too. I'm finally recovering, and now I'm a mistake… a bad omen," she sneered. "I'm tired of this… I'm not a rag doll," she coughed out, and Billy took a step, but stopped when a bullet nearly hit his foot. "I have a fucking gun Billy, don't move," she cried again.

 

But we all bleed the same was as you do,

and we all have the same things to go through…

 

"I am so fucking tired of trying to hold on… and to keep up a cheerful disposition. My doppelganger was right… he lied… you ALL did," she was again blinded by fury and depression. "You honestly don't have to go," Billy told her.

 

"Enough," she roared. "You try to hard Billy, and this is for you," she smiled evilly, before shooting her self in the side.

 

"And Benji… I love you to death, and this is exactly what it is… don't try and stop me," she attempted to stab herself in the other, unwounded side.

 

Hold on, if you feel like letting go…

Hold on, it gets better than you know…

 

She cried out, as something shot up, and knocked the knife out of her hand. "Kai," she seethed. "Get the hell away from me you stupid, selfish bastard," she yelled, pointing the gun at him.

 

"Summer, stop it," he called. "Enough of your lies," she screamed, covering her ears. "This is YOUR fault, above everyone else…" she shot at him, but a blurry image blocked it. "Stupid blade," she growled.

 

Your days, you say they're way too long

And tonight, you can't sleep at all… hold on…

 

"I'm ending it Kai, I should have when I died the first time, but Kitzen stopped me… and I was blind… I actually believed your lies," she hissed angrily.

 

"They weren't lies," he persisted. "The hell they were," she growled, picking the knife back up. "Kai… I am emotionally unstable, and you still said it, even though you knew. You stupid sonova bitch," Kai just blinked at her.

 

`Kai, I was right you know,' Dranzer entered his mind. `You stupid bird,' Kai thought angrily, pushing the phoenix from his mind.

 

"None of you understand me," she cried out, at the same time as the thunder clapped and the lightening flashed, illuminating all her bleeding cuts.

 

`Maybe if someone understood her…' Benji thought carefully.

 

And you're not sure what your waiting for,

But you don't want to know more…

And you're not sure what your looking for,

but you don't want to know more…

 

And that's when it hit him. Summer was subconsciously giving them a hint… without knowing, she had given them the key to helping her cope. None of them understood, because no one really thought about it. She wanted them, not to know what was going on in her mind, but to understand what she was thinking by what she SAID.

 

But we all bleed the same was as you do,

and we all have the same things to go through…

 

Benji looked straight up at the heavens, and took a deep breath.

 

"Hold on, if you feel like letting go. Hold on, it gets better than you know…" Summer just stopped dead in her tracks. Joel looked at him, and got his hint.

 

"Don't stop looking, you're one step closer, don't stop searching, it's not over…" Joel sang. Summer dropped the knife.

 

"Benji?" she whispered. Did they just say what she thought they just said? She had said that no one understood her… Benji had thought about that. She was going to commit suicide… Benji thought long and hard about it. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have thought about what she said… if he didn't care, he wouldn't show that he cared by trying to stop her. Their song, Hold on… it always had an affect on her… Benji had thought about that… he wanted to stop her… he sung the words that had the deepest impact on her.

 

Summer knew… Summer knew that Benji and Joel cared… Benji always had. Now, he cared enough to think of every possible way to stop her. The words that had the deepest impact on her heart, were being sung to her by Benji… her Benji.

 

"Summer," Benji's voice brought her from her thoughts. "I came all the way out here… Summer, my eyeliner is smudging… yet I still came out in the rain for you… Summer, I look like hell, but I care enough about you, to risk my looks," Summer froze.

 

Kai looked at them. They were trying everything possible to stop her, while he just stood her, and looked useless and stupid. But what could HE do?

 

What are you looking for?

What are you waiting for?

Do you know what you're doingtome?

Go ahead… what are you waiting for?

 

Summer looked down at Benji. His tall spiky hair now lay against his head, sopping wet, and his eyeliner ran down his face. "Benji," she whispered again. "I love you too much to let you suffer Benj, I'm sorry… at least I went down, knowing that someone understood me…" She walked up to the edge of the building, and plunged the knife into her gut. She fell unconscious, and over the edge… Voices, screams and cries all reaching her ears before she blacked out.

 

"Summer," Benji cried. "Kid, I love you…" "Sis," Billy muttered, running forward with Benji and Joel. "How could you?"

 

"You broke my brother Summer, we won't let you go," Joel whispered. Kai's eyes opened frantically. His Summer… gone? He knew he couldn't win her back this time… he had lost her, or had he? As he ran forward, he saw the one thing that might save her life… he saw…

 

Yup, I'm definitely evil. I'm sorry, that's just how I feel today. Plz don't hate me. I'll give you one last chapter after this. R&R.