Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Hold On ❯ Hold on Pt. 2 ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 8

 

::NOTE:: The members of Good Charlotte may pop up in a conversation or something, but ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT main characters, and should not be considered that in any way. One of my OC's might have a VERY small conversation or relation with one, but that is nothing. PLEASE do not count this as having non-fictional characters, (well it does) but I have had this story swirling around in my brain for a while now, and have finally put it on paper (or rather screen) but please leave this fic alone, unless you are intending on reading or reviewing it. Thanks so very much, this is greatly appreciated, Koinu-Inu.

 

Disclaimer: I still do not own beyblade…

::Note:: Words in italics and underlined are words to the song, `Hold On' by Good Charlotte… another thing I don't own.

 

 

Benji's entire world shattered as Summer's body fell over the edge. "Summer," he muttered.

 

Hold on… if you fell like letting go,

Hold on… it gets better than you know,

 

"DRAGOON," someone shouted. Everyone stopped as Dragoon shot past them.

 

"GALAXY STORM," Tyson's blade created a funnel of wind, and caught Summer. Summer was then let safely on the ground, the knife still sitting in her gut. Billy ran towards them, and clutched her body. Joel already had his cell phone up against his ear. "Hello 911? I need an ambulance…"

 

Kai walked up solemnly to the ambulance. He looked into the ambulance, but Joel scowled at him, and shut the two doors, allowing the ambulance to drive off.

 

"Kai? What have you done to make her THAT angry?" Ray inquired.

 

"None of your business," he mumbled angrily, as he turned.

 

"Kai, I don't know what the hell your problem is, but because of your actions, Summer almost died… again," Kai turned around as his words, and ended up facing a pissed off neko-jin.

 

"You know she's going to be fine, but you might've lost her heart," Max commented. Kai knew they were right… he was such an ass! Hopefully, they could somehow work around it… and hopefully… she would forgive him. Kai was going to try his hardest, which meant no more denying his feelings… even to those around him.

 

He looked up into the sky, as the rain clouds slowly parted, letting the bright sun shine down on those upon the earth. `Summer… I am so sorry,' he thought, as he slowly turned around and walked away.

 

Exactly 2 years, 2 months and 9 days later…

 

Eighteen year old Summer sat in the park, on a picnic table, in the arms of another. The wind blew, and she laid her head back against his chest, (yes you ppl, it is a guy…) with her auburn eyes half-closed.

 

She rubbed his arm with her hand and smiled when he kissed her neck. She opened her eyes and narrowed them, as something poked her cheek. "Ouch, your hair is hard and pointy," he laughed and brought his head up.

 

"You know what else is hard and pointy?" he whispered seductively. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Do I WANT to know?" she asked cautiously. "Well," as he whispered in her ear, her eyes grew as big as saucers. At the last part, he put his hand on her thigh, and squeezed, causing her to yelp and fall off the table.

 

"Benji…" she screeched. He got up, and held his hand out for her. Just as she was going to take it, Billy walked up. "Dude, are you hitting on my sister again?" he teased.

 

"Do you literally mean hitting?" Benji joked back. Billy looked at him oddly. "Dude, I was just kidding," Benji persisted.

 

From a safe distance away, Kai watched the scene. His leg draped over the tree branch, as he stared unblinkingly at the woman he hurt terribly. It had been two years since he'd seen her, and he figured that she was almost 100% recovered by now. Benji and her seemed to have some kind of connection, but what about him? She said so herself that she had been thinking about that kiss… did that necessarily mean that she liked him? As of right now, he didn't think so.

 

She had been on his mind constantly, and now, he wasn't afraid to admit it. He loved Summer Martin, and that's all there is to it. No ifs ands or buts. There are no excuses now… and he was trying his hardest not to make up any. He had to tell her how he felt though. There had to be some way to make her forgive him.

 

He heard her laugh, and all his angry thoughts, if there were any, soon diminished. It didn't matter to him if she shut him down… she had to know how he felt, or he would never forgive himself if he knew he had the opportunity to tell her and he didn't. Soon though… soon they would meet once more.

 

Later that night, Studio 56, 9:00pm

 

Good Charlotte plus Summer walked down the hall, Summer at her wits end with Benji. "Stop it," she hissed, as she swatted away the finger that was poking her arm.

 

"Screw off," she hissed again, grabbing his finger. Billy looked at them, and rolled his eyes. "Childish," he murmured, earning a nod of agreement from Joel.

 

"Umm, Joel?" se asked sweetly, stepping in front of him. He looked down at her innocent face. "If he's childish, wouldn't that make YOU childish?"

 

Everyone stopped dead in their tracks. "Hmm…" he said carefully, looking from Benji to his hands.

 

`To start a fight or not?' he thought slowly. "Uh… yah I guess so," he sighed inwardly as Benji's tense body untensed.

 

A few moments later, they were sitting in a room, on black leather couches.

 

Summer sat in between Joel and Billy, and Benji sat beside Joel, with Paul on the other side of Billy.

 

Summer clutched Joel's arm, as she peered around him and stuck her tongue out at Benji. The interviewer came down and sat, talking about something to Paul. Benji yawned and stretched his arm around the back of the couch. "Benj, I hate to break it to you, but your arm isn't as long as you think it is," The interviewer stopped talking to watch the two silently. "Joel," Benji gestured with Joel to switch places with him. Quietly, they did so.

 

Summer had been talking to her brother, but as she felt the weight of the couch shift, she turned around to be face-to-face with none other than Benji.

 

"Benji," she yelped. "How the hell did you get- Joel!" she said sternly, looking around Benji at Joel. Joel suddenly found the ceiling very interesting as he twiddled his thumbs and whistled.

 

She growled as she felt something soft against her forehead. She looked up to see Benji smiling.

 

"What did you do?" she growled, narrowing her eyes. "This," he said, and kissed her on the forehead once more.

 

"You are so retarded," she snorted, folding her arms across her chest.

 

"Re-tar-ded?" Benji asked innocently.

 

"Yah, you," she mumbled, as her bottom lip trembled. That look always got her. His eyes would open wide, and he would act all innocent, and then smile… the smile with the cute little dimples on either side of his mouth. Her eyes watered, as she still bit back the urge to laugh.

 

From the shadows of the studio, someone leaned against the wall, their eyes just barely squinting as a low growl was released from their gut. If Benji made her cry… boy was he going to pay… "Soon dear Summer… soon," he whispered, leaving the shadows and going backstage.

 

A tear slipped down her cheek, and Benji froze, his mouth turning into a frown. "Are you going to cry?" he asked carefully.

 

"I am if you keep looking like THAT," Summer's voice shook, the giggle deep within her gut wanting to be released more than anything. "Did I make you sad?" he asked again.

 

"No…" Summer quickly closed her mouth, just as the giggle tried to escape her mouth. The room was dead silent, only these two didn't seem to notice.

 

Benji eyed her suspiciously. "You're going to laugh at me aren't you?" Summer's hands were now clasped in front of her mouth, as she nodded her head slowly. "I knew it!" he said triumphantly, smiling brightly.

 

"There they are," Summer suddenly squealed. Everyone turned their head to look at her. "There are the dimples," she shouted, hugging Benji's neck.

 

The interviewer smiled mischievously, before coughing. Summer turned around slowly, and blushed as she saw the interviewer watching them. "Benji," she hissed slowly. She grabbed his arm, and slowly brought his face, to eye level with hers. "There are people here, why the hell are you doing this?"

 

Benji narrowed his eyes to mock her. "You're fun to embarrass," he teased, and kissed her on the cheek. She pulled away from him and growled. "Retard," she huffed, folding her arms across her chest, and slouching down in the seat, whilst scooting over towards Billy more.

 

The interviewer shrugged, and took a deep breath. "We're here with Good Charlotte," he spoke into the mike, right at the camera.

 

"And let's not forget our very own recovering, Summer," he said happily.

 

Summer rolled her eyes, and looked at the interviewer. "Alright guys, how is the music coming?" Billy took the mike from him. "Well, we're in the process of yet another c.d, and I can tell you right now, that it should be done in June of this year." (It's March right now!)

 

The camera refocused on the interviewer. "Now, aside from your music, you've had some pretty hard times, wouldn't you say?"

 

The camera focused on Joel. "Well, you know, some of us did have a real, let's say, death-defying experience," the camera turned to Summer.

 

"Yah know Joel, everyone knows it was me, you don't have to worry," she patted his knee.

 

"Alright… Summer almost died twice," Joel looked over at Summer. "How was that?" he asked, covering the mike with his hand, but everyone could still hear him.

 

"Smooth, bro," Benji muttered. "And thanks to me, she's fine now," he smiled, pulling Joel's hand over to him, and moving into the view of the camera.

 

Summer rolled her eyes in disgust, and shook her head solemnly. "I can tell yah right now Los Angeles, he's got an ego the SIZE of the country," everyone laughed, and Benji pouted.

 

The interviewer smiled, and asked a question, now directed to Summer and Benji. "I'm sure all the viewers would like to know about you two," he smirked slyly.

 

"What's there to know?" Summer shrugged. "There's a lot to know… she's huggable and very…" "Benji," she warned.

 

"…very scary when she's angry," that wasn't what he was going to say, but, he really DIDN'T want to get her mad. In fact, she WAS scary when she was angry. Really scary.

"There you go," she smiled happily, patting his knee. "Denial… tsk, tsk," the interviewer shook his head. "Anyways, it has been hard for you, no?" he asked.

 

"Well, it has definitely been hard," she commented. "Because of a certain someone…" she growled.

 

"But if I really had to admit to something, yes Benji did help me…" Benji stuck his head in front of the camera. "See mama, I helped someone," Summer scoffed, and moved Benji out of the way. "But not the way SOME of you think…" she trailed of as she saw something move in the corner.

 

"But I bet you have advice," the interviewer persisted, trying to get her attention away from the moving figure in the background.

 

"Yeah, but from the video you took from me, I bet we'll see it," she laughed.

 

"Yah, after this break, we'll see the video, and let Summer have her surprise,"

 

Against the wall, he inwardly sighed. He had almost been caught. Would Summer like her surprise? He thought suddenly. After all, he hadn't seen her in two years… well technically one and a half.

 

"And we're back," the interviewer announced. "Summer, here is your surprise," he said, gesturing to behind them.

 

Everyone turned, to see none other, then Kai Hiwatari. "Kai!" Summer gasped. Good Charlotte had expected for her to burst out into tears, but she didn't. She sat there like she had just witnessed a murder. "How are you?" she whispered sadly.

 

The room was dead quiet as Kai nodded his head. "Umm… unexpected?" Paul managed to speak.

 

"It's not as bad as you think…" Summer whispered, looking at her fingers.

 

Memory…

 

Summer walked along the sand, looking at the sunset. As she looked up, she saw a silhouette of someone farther up. He turned, and she recognized the crimson eyes and navy/silver hair anyways. "Kai?" she whispered. Kai looked sadly at her, as he turned and walked towards her.

 

"Kai, I…" she began, but what was cut off by him. "Summer, I really am sorry. I cannot convey emotions easily, you know, and I didn't really know what to do. When I saw you with Benji that day, I figured you were with him. Only until it began to pour, did I realize that I, Kai Hiwatari, had made a terrible mistake. I ran after you, but when you kept shooting and stabbing yourself, I felt weak and insignificant, like I couldn't help you," Summer's eyes closed a little, as tiny tears pricked at her eyes.

 

"I know you may never forgive me for what I did, but I honestly swear this time, I do have feelings for you," Summer looked down at the ground, as the sun slowly set in the background.

 

"Kai, you have hurt me worse than I have hurt myself, and no, I may not psychologically forgive you, but you know, time heals all wounds right?" she looked up at his sad features against the red sky. "I understand," he whispered.

 

"Kai, I care about you, but maybe just not in the way you want me to. You're a great friend, but I love someone else," Kai lifted her chin up to meet his gaze. "Just as long as you forgive me in some way," he smiled softly, kissing her gently on the lips. "I'm glad I brought you back the first time," he smirked.

 

"Kai," she called, as he began walking away. "Time does heal all wounds. I never said never about you Kai, it still could happen," she too smiled softly, and walked away from the one person who had emotionally challenged her so many times. The last faint rays of light hit the wound on her shoulder, where the tank top didn't cover.

 

"I may have made you do that," Kai whispered, "But you yourself have recovered," the wind carried his voice off into the distance. He too walked away to wherever he was going.

 

End Memory…

 

Everyone looked at Summer. "Hey, I just tell it like it happened," she shrugged. "Me or him?" Benji scowled playfully.

 

"Neither," she smiled.

 

"Fine," he pouted, taking his arm off her shoulder and turning away. "I'm glad you came," she whispered, standing up and giving Kai a hug. "About that video," Billy said, clapping his hands together.

 

"Oh right," the interviewer said. "Thanks to our little spy, we really do get to see behind the scenes of Good Charlotte," she laughed, gesturing for everyone to look behind them. The camera focused on a giant TV screen behind them, and a video played.

 

The Video…

 

"Hey guys," Summer said, as she turned the camera so she was filming herself. "Have you ever wondered what my brother and the rest of Good Charlotte do on their days off? Well let me take you on a journey into the lives of Good Charlotte," she turned the camera around, and found Billy.

 

"Hey ladies, he's cute no? Single 25 year old white male," she teased, slinging her arm over his shoulder. "I know all the dirty little details," she whispered, turning the camcorder over to see her face.

 

"Right Billy?" she asked. Billy smiled into the camera, then took it. "Yah, she does, but you're not gonna hear any of it," he told the camera.

 

"Give it back," they heard Summer shout.

 

There was a slight bumping, but then Summer had the camcorder back in her possession. "Hmm… I wonder who we'll find next?" she asked, walking down the hall. She turned a corner, to bump right into Joel. Joel was in a pair of boxers, and a white muscle shirt.

 

"Alright ladies, here's a shot for you. It looks like Joel just woke up," Joel smiled sleepily, and yawned.

 

"You guys are lucky," Summer joked. "Usually his bed head is worse," Joel's hair was sticking up everywhere, and the red part of hair was really messed up. "But still cute eh ladies… or guys… whoever is gonna be watching this…"

 

"Someone's going to be watching this?" Joel shouted, now totally awake. "Yah, but…" Joel grabbed for the camera, and Summer held it back. There was a shot of the ceiling, and they heard Summer and Joel's argument. "Gimme the camcorder," Joel demanded.

 

"No your lady fans are going to LOVE this," she teased.

 

"If they love it so much, they'll probably be passed out by now," "Yah, but if you erase it, they won't have anything to faint over," The jiggling of the camera stopped, as everything quieted down.

 

Moments later, Summer ended up peering through a small crack in a door. "ah… Benji, doing his hair…" Benji stood in front off the mirror jelling his hair up into the tall black liberty spikes. "From looking at his hair, I'd say he's been here for 10 minutes, and will be another two minutes," she whispered. At that point, Benji turned around, and saw Summer peering through the crack in the door.

 

"Eeep…" she squeaked, as Benji opened the door, with a serious look on his face. "Say hi," Summer said nervously. Benji then smiled. "I bet she's been showing you around eh?" he camcorder from her.

 

"Everyone's doing that," she huffed in the background. "Here people, here's something to remember," Benji focused the camcorder on Summer and kissed her on the cheek.

 

"You're dead after this," she threatened. "She's all talk and no action," Benji teased, handing the camera back.

 

"Anyways," Summer sighed.

 

The camera suddenly changed to a later time. Summer had turned it off, and then back on. "After a long day, the boys just chill, doing nothing," she turned the camera around the room. Paul and Billy sat on the couch watching TV, while Benji sat in a corner playing his guitar. "He's so serious," she giggled. Joel sat beside Benji with a piece of paper and a pen. "All work and no play make these two weary and cranky," she teased, picking a pillow up and throwing it at them.

 

The Madden brothers looked up, as they were hit with a feathery pillow. This started an all out pillow war.

 

Summer walked away from the commotion. "Yah we're all different, but we're also a family," she smiled, looking into the camera. "You're dead Martin," she heard Benji yell from the other room. "Don't set your watch by it," she yelled back.

 

"They've really helped me cope with whatever has gone on in my life. Without them, I'd be lost. I thought about committing suicide… but now I look back on it, and am relieved I didn't actually get to die… I have too much to live for right here," she smiled once more.

 

"To all you people out there who are a little depressed, remember, taking your own life isn't the answer. A good friend of mine told me that just because something seems one way, doesn't mean you have to take it that way. Look for another solution. Hold on to what you've got, because there is always going to be someone who has less. No matter what, love life and those around you. Above all else, don't let go of those you care about…like I have…" Summer's features softened, but she smiled, as to not upset those who may be watching.

 

"Life is too precious to let go of, so just don't. I guess is all I'm trying to say is, if you think suicide is the answer, you're wrong. You should hold on, cuz it gets better than you know…"

 

The camera was switched off, just as Summer's irritated voice spoke. "Benji, don't be an ass…"

 

End Tape…

 

Kai looked at Summer with admiration. She really had learned to forgive, and to hold on. Summer is one of those people who have shown the world that if you hold on, life gets better. Hopefully, Summer would forgive him too. A ray of hope lit in his gut. She has learned not to be sad. Hopefully, she can learn to love him again.

 

Now everyone else looked at Summer. "That's deep," the interviewer sniffed. "It is, and it's true," Summer smiled. She hugged Billy, then Benji. "Thanks you guys… Joel… I can't reach you," she murmured. Joel leaned forward. Summer hugged him too. "You guys really did prove to me and to everyone else that if you hold on, it does get better…"

 

She looked up at Kai, and mouthed a thank-you. Good Charlotte may have emotionally supported and saved her, but Kai was the one who stole her heart the first time. Kai Hiwatari had saved her, in ways no one could ever imagine. Kai was her life's hero.

 

There you go *sniff* the end of the story. Should there be a sequel? Review with an answer. If so, what should it be about? P.S~ This fic is in no way based upon someone. I have never thought of committing suicide, and neither have any of my friends. I have simply written this, to tell all those who may fell sad and lonely, that you honestly can get help… you can get better. I swear, just hold on, and you never know what can happen.

 

~Koinu-Inu