Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Kiss of Change ❯ Dare ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kai POV
The site before me was pitiful. Sitting on a bench with a huge chocolate shake with tears streaming from her eyes was Keri.
“Stupid Kai, how could I’ve been so insane as to think you could actually change. Why couldn’t you just have interrogated me instead?” I heard her mutter to herself before taking a sip of her drink.
“You’d think it was something special that you’re getting so worked up over” I said, coming out of the shadows so that she could see me and I saw her eyes widen in horror.
“Maybe to you it wasn’t anything important but I thought that maybe just maybe we had something but I guess I was a fool. A fool who lost her first kiss to an ass like you!” she yelled at me and I dodged her flying milkshake.
I stared at her in disbelief, she’s seventeen and she’s never been kissed before now? It’s not that she’s bad looking, she’s pretty enough for any guy, so what went wrong? Not only that but she thought we had something? We’re hardly even friends!
“It’s not my problem and another thing, we never had anything” I told her and walked away, hearing her running the other way.
Keri POV
Why, why, why, why, why, why, why are you such an asshole? I must be an idiot to have ever liked that bastard to begin with. I wonder why the others stick with him if he’s just gonna be like this. Sure, Mina’s his sister and I pity her for it but I mean he’s always harping on us for being inferior to him in blading. Kami it’s like the whole world should bow down to him and screw even trying to match him in any way because kami knows he can do anything with perfection and style. Wait a minute, or can he?
Kai POV
Do they really think their glares can match my own? Honestly I couldn’t give a damn if they think I’m a bastard for not bringing Keri back with me, after all, I only stay with this team because of Mr. Dickenson, not because I like them. I especially don’t like Keri in any way shape or form, she’s just so annoying.
‘Bam!’ I opened my eyes as the door to our suite opened, revealing a pissed off goldnette that was glaring up at me.
“What?” I asked her, looking at the intense burning fire in her eyes as the others just looked confused, like always.
“You think you’re such a big shot because you say you can do everything perfectly, well bullshit! There are thinks you’ll never be able to do as perfectly as the rest of us can but you just have no idea what they are do you or else you wouldn’t be such a fucking ass” she said and I glared at her, what the hell is she harping on about now?
“Keri, what are you talking about?” Ray asked the girl who just kept glaring at me.
“We all know ice pop over here can do a lot of things a hell of a lot better than the rest of us, but there’s two things he’ll never beat us at, being a good friend and being able to love another person beyond human comprehension” she answered, her eyes never leaving mine as she said this. I heard the others gasp as though they realized that she was right, but why should I care what she says anyway?
“I hate to admit it but she’s right Kai, meaning you’re not perfect at everything but at least we know your human because of it” Chaya said and I glared at her, since when am I not perfect at everything that’s necessary? Friendship and love are not things I need.
“She’s never right and never will be right” I told them coldly but they really didn’t seem effected by this.
“Um, maybe we should leave you two to discuss this alone” Tyson said, grabbing the others and bolting out the door.
“You have a serious inferiority complex” she growled at me and went into her room, slamming the door behind her.
Well, looks like we’re right back where we started, interrogating and fighting with each other. I have to wonder though, what makes a first kiss so special to a girl anyway and why am I even bothering to wonder that anyway?
After all, a kiss is a kiss is a kiss, so what makes the first one so special? Or maybe it’s not the fact that it was her first kiss but the fact that she always wanted it to be with the person she likes, whoever that is.
Keri POV
Kami, who woulda thought Kai was dense? He just doesn’t get it does he, he just doesn’t realize I like him. I guess I gotta help him realize it before I go completely insane from having to drop subtle hints everywhere.
“Kai?” I asked as I opened the door the main room, but didn’t see him.
Kai POV
I heard her call my name from the balcony as she came out of her room and looked around.
“Oh, there you are” she said as she noticed where I was, okay mood swing much?
“What?” I asked without turning towards her.
“Okay dense asshole, I guess I’ll have to spell it out for you since your brain can’t figure anything out” she said, causing me to turn and look at her in confusion.
“What are you mumbling about now?” I asked her and she sighed before taking a breath.
“I. like. you. alot! Get it now or do you need a sign painted?" she said, and I really had no idea what to say to her for a moment.
"Why should I care?" I said finally and I saw pain in her eyes as they welled up with tears.
"You know something Kai, I may be a fool in love, but you'll forever be a bastard without a heart! I dare you to prove me wrong" she said, taking me abackas she left the balcony, slamming the suite door behind her as she left.