Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Ok! Read on, and I hope you enjoy this! Kai might be a bit OOC at times! Please read and review!

"Talking" `Thinking'

Chapter 1

"What did you call us here for, Mr. Dickinson?" Tyson asked impatiently.

"Well, I would like you to meet your new team member, Kitty," Mr. Dickinson said. A girl their age stepped into the room.

"A GIRL!!!" Tyson exclaimed.

"Well, last time I checked, I was still a girl, and that was a few seconds ago. So I guess I am a girl," the girl said happily, "I'm Kitty and I hope Angel and I will live up to your expectations," Kitty said with a childish smile on her face.

She was dressed in a shirt slightly similar to Ray's except hers was in a light, soft pink with red embroidery at the edges. She had dark, raven-colored hair and was obviously Chinese.

"I don't see how being a girl could possibly affect my performance," she observed, with a thoughtful face. "I know! I could battle one of you to prove I can battle as good as anyone!" she exclaimed suddenly, her face brightened up.

"Ok, I'll battle you!" Tyson shouted, never one to turn down a battle.

Kitty took off her backpack and took out her Beyblade. It was pink.

"Three, two, one let it rip!"

The two Beyblades sped off in the arena, (A/N: Super, super, super sorry, but I can NOT describe battle scenes).

"Dragoon attack her Beyblade!" Tyson yelled. Kitty's blade kept on dodging the attacks, but soon got attack, followed by repeated attacks.

A wince and a small gasp escaped from the girl. The audience looked at her and saw that she was in some kind of pain. They became slightly worried. What was wrong with this girl? You couldn't get hurt just because your Beyblade is. But Mr. Dickinson remained calm.

"I guess I should end this soon, hmm?" Kitty said, wincing slightly as her blade was attacked again, but her smile remained.

"Come on out Angel! Playtime is over! Let's end this!" Kitty yelled out. Suddenly a big blast of light appeared from Kitty's Beyblade and her Bit beast appeared. It was rightly named as Angel, for though it looked human, it had huge wings sprouting from her back. She was dressed oddly, and was in a shade of pink and white. She was surrounded with flower petals. On her face was a similar smile to that of Kitty.

Using a quick attack, Angel knocked Dragoon out of the arena. Kitty's Beyblade was still spinning. Kitty jumped, happy at her victory.

Tyson was looking at his Beyblade in confusion, how could've he lost? Kitty caught the look and said:

"Don't worry about losing. You're the best blader I've ever met. No one's ever been able to hurt Angel that much." Kitty grinned her childish grin.

"Oh, by the way, you know my name, but I don't know yours," she said. The others jumped in to offer their names.

"I'm Tyson."

"I'm Max."

"My name's Kenny."

"I'm Ray and this is Kai, our team captain," Ray said, pointing towards the silent fellow leaning against the wall, half covered in shadows.

Kitty walked up to the silent fellow looked him the eye, grinned and held out her hand. "I hope I live up to your expectations Kai," she said.

But Kai did not return her hand. Her smile faltered for a moment.

"Oh, you're not one of those social types. I understand," Kitty said and turned around walking back towards the others, not looking back.

"Sorry about Kai," Ray apologized.

"Oh, I'm sure he has his reasons." Her stomach growled and she grinned sheepishly. "Could we talk over dinner? I'm starved," she said.

Tyson's face lit up, "Alright! I thought nobody would ever say that!" he yelled.

After a yummy meal, the gang headed back towards the hotel. Mr. Dickinson had changed their hotel suit to one with four rooms, so Kitty could stay with them.

Each went into their own respective rooms, Kai in his, Kitty in hers, Max and Kenny in theirs and Tyson and Ray in the last. Since Kitty and Kai had their own rooms, they had the smallest, which was fine by both of them.

Changing into her nightgown, Kitty took out her Beyblade from her backpack. She set it on the nightstand beside her bed, where it started spinning on its own.

"So, what do you think of the team?" Kitty asked, as soon as her Bit beast appeared. Angel nodded.

"That's a good sign. You're never wrong about judging a person." Angel nodded and smiled.

"They seem like such nice people, but I don't know about Kai though. He seems cold and distant…" Angel smiled again.

"Hmm, you know, these are the exact same people that Mariah talked about that night we met. Mariah's right, Ray is kind of cute… Ugh, that Kai was absolutely rude! When I held my hand out, he refused to shake it! But then again, maybe there's a reason why, after all, I barely know him.

"Well, anyway, I'm going to bed. Good night Angel." Angel hopped onto a pillow beside Kitty's and Kitty turned the lights off.

~*~*~*~ Kai's POV ~*~*~*~

`That new girl Mr. Dickinson got on the team; she's a strange one. Today in the battle she looked as if she were in pain. But that's not possible. You can't get hurt just because your Beyblade and Bit beast are.

`She's so childish too, doesn't act one bit her age. Great, what if I have another Tyson?' I contemplated. I looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was getting late. I turned off the lights and went to bed.