Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2

The next morning came, and it found Kitty sleeping in. The guys had wanted to go out sight seeing and wanted to know if she wanted to come. They stood outside the door to her room, and one of them knocked. Fortunately, it was loud enough for Kitty to hear, and she woke up.

Going to the door in her nightgown, which happened to consist of a loose, short, pink and white dress with spaghetti straps, she opened it.

"Oh, hi guys," she yawned.

"We're going sight seeing, do you want to come?" Max asked.

"Sure! Just let me get dressed and I'll be out in a flash!" Kitty exclaimed. She closed the door on them and got dressed. A few minutes later, Kitty appeared, dressed, refreshed and had her backpack on.

"Ok! Off we go! But first, could we stop at a waffle house or something? I'm starved," she said.

"Yea!" Tyson yelled. So they headed to the nearest café.

They were in the wonderful city of Paris, the city of romance and fun.

"Ooh, I just love Paris!" Kitty yelled out when she got out of the café. The passersby gave her a look and she giggled.

"So where do you guys want to go?" Ray asked.

"I think we should save the Eiffel Tower for night. It's when it's the most romantic!" Kitty exclaimed, and giggled.

The guys sweat dropped. Kai as usual remained quiet, as usual. He had rather stay back at the hotel and train, but he had to go with these `babies' lest they lose their selves. He couldn't have that. The tournament started in a few days.

"I know! There's a park where kids go to battle each other. Let's go check it out!" Kenny suggested.

"Alright!" Tyson yelled. They headed towards that park, where they found a lot of kids surrounding multiple arenas.

Kai had wanted to see the girl's power, and skill level. This was the perfect time to do so.

"Hey Kai? How about I battle you?" Kitty asked the team captain. The captain smirked and nodded. Making their way to an empty arena, Kitty got her Beyblade out of her bag, and Kai got his.

"Ooh this will be fun!" Kitty said. They got ready to launch their Beyblades.

"Three, two, one let it rip!" Tyson yelled.

They launched their Beyblades. It started out with Kai chasing Kitty and it kept going on and on for a while. Soon the battle attracted a crowd.

"Whoa, look at that blade, it's fast," some commented, or "Hey! Isn't that Kai from the Blade Breakers (A/N: Is that what their team's called? I forget!)? What's he doing, Beyblading a girl?"

Kai soon got tired of the cat/mouse chase and called out Dranzer.

"Dranzer attack the blade!" he yelled. Dranzer attacked Kitty's blade, hitting it really hard. Kitty winced. She gave a weak grin. It was just like her battle with Tyson.

Comments from the crowd could be heard. What on earth was going on?

Kitty got her blade to keep dodging it. It obeyed and did, but at the occasional times, it would get attacked and hit.

Kai was getting irritated from the cat/mouse chase. It wasn't like him to lose his temper. He frowned. Kitty gave a weak giggle. "What? Don't like the chase? Fine, you ruin all the fun," Kitty gave a huge, dramatic sigh.

"Angel! Come on out!" Kitty's Bit Beast came out. Kai and the audience could've sworn they heard a giggle coming from the Bit Beast. Angel started spinning in one spot. She turned and faced Dranzer, who was coming to attack her.

Angel smiled at Dranzer and giggled. Dranzer stopped its attack, and just spun there. Kai was puzzled, nothing like this ever happened before.

"Dranzer! What are you doing?! Attack her!" But Dranzer did not move.

Finally Angel started move and Dranzer chased her, without command from Kai.

"Dranzer, attack her!" Kai's eyes narrowed. What was going on?

Dranzer responded this time and attacked Angel. However, Angel counter spin attack (A/N: Sorry if you don't get it, you can imagine your own battle to make up for this. Gomen) and knocked Kai's blade out of the arena.

The crowd gasped, Kai lost to a girl! Angel still stayed in the arena, spinning. She giggled and returned to her blade. The blade budged itself back into Kitty's opened hand.

"Looks like I won, hmm?" Kitty said, cocking her head to the side. Then she winced in pain. She took a couple of deep breaths then returned to normal.

"Ok! What's next!" she yelled.

The next few hours until lunchtime, they went on sight seeing. They did stop at a few shops so Kitty could look for some souvenirs to buy.

They were now looking for a place to eat. They walked around. Kitty stopped walking all of a sudden. She gazed at through the window longingly. Kai noticed her absence in the conversation and looked back to see her staring at the window longingly. Kai sighed and made his way towards the girl. The last thing he needed was a lost team member. Even if she did beat him in a battle.

"Wench, what are you looking at?" he asked gruffly.

Kitty didn't respond. She just kept staring at the window. She sighed. Kai looked to see what she was looking at. Kitty was looking at a golden locket shaped like a heart, with a small, pinkish ruby heart set in the center. There was room in the center for the owner to engrave their name.

"Is that all you stopped to look at?" Kai asked, not at all gently.

Kitty turned to look at him. "To me, lockets are special, meant to be given to you by someone who loves you and you love back. That includes family, friends, and lover… I used to have one. It wasn't that good of quality… But it was special, because my family gave it to me. It had a picture of us. But I lost it the day…" Kitty stopped. Her voice choked. "I've always wanted one, one given to me by the man I love the most, with a picture of us together inside," she laughed bitterly, "but that's a foolish whim hmm?" she asked. It was the first Kai had seen her, not childish.

Then acting like nothing had happened, she said: "Come on, let's go. I can hear Tyson's stomach growling from here!"

After a meal, in which Tyson had huge amounts of everything (they ate at a buffet), they continued to do some sightseeing.

Later on that night, Kitty sat on her bed, with her knees tucked under her chin talking with Angel.

"Gosh, I had hope I'd put the past behind me… But when I saw that locket, it looked so much like the one mother gave me… It hurts to remember all that…"

Angel looked at her sadly. Reaching out, she touched her cheek. Kitty brightened up a bit, and smiled.

"Thank you Angel, you always make me feel better," she said. Then turning the lights off she went to bed.

~*~*~*~ Kai's POV ~*~*~*~

I sighed. That girl Kitty was nothing but trouble. I could sense it. Sadly she was a good blader and Mr. Dickinson had the right to get her on the team.

I remembered the way she battled. It was odd, unlike I've never seen before. Her Bit beast seemed almost as if she were FLIRTING with Dranzer, before she attacked him. And the way she winced again when her Bit beast got attacked. It wasn't right.

This girl puzzled me. I don't understand. I have never felt this puzzled, this clueless. It unnerved me. The girl did. She acts so childish, yet today when she saw that simple peace of jewelry, she almost started crying. But then she acted as if nothing had happened. I don't understand.

It's getting late. Tomorrow I must train. I haven't had a chance to today since I had to baby-sit those brats.

I turned the lights off and went to bed.

~*~*~*~