Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 3

Kai woke up early, like usual, before anyone else normally got up. Today he would go out to where he practice and train. Normally there would be no one there at the practice area, considering the time he got up. So imagine his surprise when he heard someone practicing there already.

"Come on Angel! I know you can do better than that! We have to get stronger!" he heard someone yell. Kitty.

He walked up to where she stood, and stood behind her. He waited till the girl finished knocking all the cans that he had set up, last time he came here.

Kitty turned around and bumped into him.

"Oh, gosh! Sorry Kai, I didn't hear you coming, or see you! I hope you don't mind that I used your method of training. I just thought it would be a good way to train," she apologized.

Kai answered her question with a question of his own. "Since when do you get up earlier than I do and train?"

"Since I couldn't sleep," she said, smiling. But Kai saw a look of sadness in her eyes then it disappeared.

"Do you want to train together? I could use some training and practicing. Angel and I need to stand the blows that we get, and we can only do that is battle others."

She said Angel AND her. Hmm. Kai smirked and said: "I train alone."

He saw her frown and pout. It was kind of cute. Hold on, where did that thought come from? He had only known her for three days!

"Well, you really should battle other people and not train by yourself, that ways you'll get stronger and know more techniques," Kitty told him.

Kai just said whatever, and launched his Beyblade, knocking the cans that Angel had placed into a pyramid and put them in a certain order. Then he got Dranzer to put them in a pyramid shape - upside down. He smirked.

"I don't need to work with anyone," he told her.

"Fine by me," Kitty replied to him, smiling. It unnerved Kai; she should be frustrated at him, not grinning at him!

"Anyway, I think I'll go back to the hotel, you can train in peace, since you obviously don't like me here. See you later!" Kitty yelled, as she walked away from him.

Kitty arrived and entered in the suite she was sharing with the guys. She saw Ray at the eating area, by himself, eating. Remembering what Mariah had asked her to tell him, if she ever saw him. Kitty went up to the table and sat down, startling Ray.

"Good morning Ray!" she chirped.

"Good morning Kitty," he replied.

"Oh, Ray, Mariah said hi and wished that you would come back to the White Tigers, or at least visit the village or something. She said that she missed you. I would've told you sooner, but I guess it slipped out of my mind," Kitty grinned sheepishly.

Ray looked even more startled. "You met Mariah and the White Tigers?" he asked. Kitty nodded.

"Yep, I met them while I was traveling around. They were at the village and they welcomed me. Mariah is my friend now. She told me to tell you what I just told you should I ever meet you. They're so nice," Kitty told him.

"Thank you," Ray said.

"No problem," Kitty replied.

"So are you doing anything today?" Ray asked.

"Well, I am going shopping. There are some things I need to buy," Kitty told him.

"Do you need someone to come? I can, I think I need to get away from Tyson a bit."

"No, I'll be fine. I think I'll get going. I'll probably be back before lunch. Oh and could you tell Kai where I went? So he won't get mad?" Kitty asked. Ray nodded.

"Great!" Kitty went into her room and got her money pouch and left the building.

She soon came back with a couple of bags. Tyson, being curious asked what was in them so she replied:

"Girl stuff. You don't want to know," she said grinning. Tyson didn't get it, but the guys who did blushed (with an exception of Kai of course, though he got what she meant, he didn't show the emotion).

She hurriedly put her stuff in her room and she came back out.

They ordered room service and ate their lunch.

After the meal, Kitty relaxed and asked: "So, what do you guys want to do? I want to go swimming! Anyone care to join me? I won't mind if you guys don't want to."

"I'll go!" said Max.

"Alright! I'm in then," Tyson shouted.

"I don't know…" Kenny said.

"Oh, come one Chief," Tyson encouraged.

"Well, fine then."

"I'll go," Ray said.

"Well," Kitty cocked her head to the side and grinned, "what about you Kai? Are you going to come?" Kitty asked.

"No," Kitty's smile turned into a pout. She put on her puppy eyes.

"Please?"

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"No."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Are you going to keep bugging me about it?"

"Yes."

"Fine then."

"Yay!" Kitty exclaimed, and started jumping around. "Well, I'm going to get my swimsuit. You guys go get yours and we can go down to the pool!" she ran into her room and quickly got her swim stuff.

A few minutes later found they found themselves in the pool area. It was a huge pool, nearly as big as the ones they used for the Olympics. There was also a slide on the side. It was divided into two, so people could race each other if they wished.

Kitty stepped out of the change room. She wore a not too revealing, pink bikini top (compared to other bikini tops) and a matching pink mini skirt that was attached to the bottom piece. She met the guys who just came out of the guys' change room. Tyson was wearing a navy blue swim shorts, Max a green and orange one, Kenny a black pair of swim shorts and Ray was wearing a red pair. Kitty must admit, Ray DID have a nice body. It was well toned and he had a six-pack. But when she saw that her Kai, her jaw nearly fell to the floor. Kai was wearing a black with blue flames swim shorts, and he had a body even more toned than Ray's. Of course he was wearing a scowl on his face, which was such a shame, Kitty thought.

~*~*~*~ Kai's POV ~*~*~*~

I stepped out of the change room, with a scowl on my face. If it weren't for that irresistibly, annoying girl named Kitty, he wouldn't be here. Hold on, irresistible? Nah. Then I saw her. Ok, I had to admit. She was pretty. Fine, gorgeous maybe. She had a pink bikini top on and a short, short skirt that showed her smooth, creamy long legs. She had a slender body, which showed that she was definitely NOT anorexic. Her dark brown eyes held happiness, probably because I had agreed to come.

I sighed. God, I don't think anyone ever caused me so much trouble. I've never even thought these kinds of things before - until she came. She had changed a lot since the three days she's been there. And I've never been on guard this much before either.

I saw her blush.

It seemed that all she was, was a pool of happiness, spreading to everyone around her. She seemed never to run out of happiness, always that smile on her face. But I know she was hiding something. Something about her family. I saw it that day we went sight seeing.

There's something wrong with me.

~*~*~*~ Kitty's POV ~*~*~*~

He was HOT. H-O-T. Major hot. I've seen a lot of males, hot and not, but God, Kai. Like I've never seen before. I've never felt this way before. Never ever, but I suppose there's a first time for everything. Mariah said I was so naïve, when I first met her. And I guess she's right. But after I met her, I knew some things. Things that made me want to blush.

I wish Kai would smile. I never saw him smile before. His lips are always frowning, or nothing. His soft, sweet, lips - I wonder how they would taste. Hold up! Gosh, bad Kitty, bad, bad Kitty! Naughty Kitty, thinking thoughts like these. I blushed.

"Kai," I said, grinning, cocking my head to the side, one of my trademark moves I do often, "you really should learn how to smile."

~*~*~*~ Normal POV ~*~*~*~

"Last one to the slides is a rotten egg!" Tyson yelled.

"You're on!" Max challenged.

Kitty grabbed Kai's hand, said: "You don't want to be a rotten egg do you now?" and dragged him to the slides, walking as fast as possible, since they weren't allowed to run.

Turns out though, Kai was the last one there.

"Come on! I'll race you Ray!" Tyson challenged. Ray accepted. They slid down the slide, Tyson winning.

"I'll race you Max," Kitty suggested.

"Sure!" Kitty won.

"Kai, why don't you race Kenny," Kitty suggested, out of breath, as she got out of the pool.

"No."

"Please."

"Fine," Kai said, knowing that she'd keep bugging him.

"Yay!" she exclaimed, jumping up and down. She slipped and fell, and would've landed on the floor, but instead, Kai caught her, surprising himself and Kitty. Kitty blushed. It felt nice in his arms.

"Thanks," she mumbled in his arms. She got up. "Well, what are you waiting for? Go race Kenny!"

Kai slid down the slide, and he won the race. He landed in the pool to meet with a giggling Kitty at the edge.

"Gosh, sorry Kai, I can't help it. It's just the sight of you sliding down the slide, which something that is so not you - well it's funny!" she said, and started giggling again.

They six headed into the main pool. They spent the rest of their time playing tag. Then they snatched a pair of those floating mats and laid on them, talking to each other about different things.

"Hmm, if I had a wish, what would I want?" Kitty asked herself, after Ray had asked her that question. "I don't know, I guess the average girl's fairytale ending - eternal happiness and her true love, Prince Charming," she replied after some thought.

"Fair enough," Ray said.

"What about you Kai?" Kitty asked the silent boy.

"Not having to baby sit a bunch of babies," was the reply.

"Aw, Kai that wasn't very nice. And that would be an awful wish. Such a waste of a wish. Oh well, if that's what you want," Kitty said.

"Kenny, if you had a chance, would you let Dizzy out of the laptop?" Kitty asked.

"Hmm, I don't think so. I like her there. And I'm pretty sure Dizzy likes it there too."

"Good point."

Kitty had an evil question to ask Ray, she grinned evilly.

"Ray - what do you think of Mariah?"

Ray's face reddened. "Um, um, um, um… She's a, um, nice and, um, pretty, um girl and um, um, um," he stumbled.

Kitty took pity on him. She looked out of the corners of her eyes to find Kai smirking. "It's ok Ray, you don't have to say anymore," she said, giggling. Then the tone of her voice changed serious, "But I hope that when the time comes, I hope you will have the courage to tell her how you feel." A moment of silence followed. Only Kai had heard her speak in a serious voice, and the guys were shocked. They didn't think it was possible for this girl to be serious. Obviously they were wrong.

"Hey! I'm starving! I say we should go catch and early dinner and then go do something!" Kitty suggested, breaking the silence. As usual Tyson agreed with her. He was starting to like this girl even more.

After the dinner, they decided to go to the arcade. Of course, Kai had to go with them to `baby sit' them. Tyson and they others were soon engaged in the games. Thinking that she wouldn't be noticed leaving, she left the arcade. She went to see the locket which she saw the other day. The store that displayed it was nearby. But unknown to her, Kai had seen her leave, and followed her.

Kitty was staring at the locket, drowned in memories of her past. Her eyes were sad, and she didn't pay any attentions to her surroundings. There was no one around. Suddenly, she was grabbed from behind, a hand on her mouth and dragged into a dark alley. Kitty had left her backpack in the arcade, with the others. Angel was in there and couldn't help her. She couldn't move, she was paralyzed with shock otherwise she would've defended herself. She kicked herself mentally for not telling anyone of her leaving, but they seemed to have so much fun. She didn't want to disturb them just so she could see some silly locket.

The man pushed her against a rough, brick wall, which tore at the back of her shirt. One of his hands ran up her body, while the other pinned her down. He tried to lean down and plant a slobbery kiss on her lips. But he wasn't able to, because he was suddenly lifted off her and was thrown out of the alley.

Kitty looked up, tears streaming down her cheeks. It was Kai who had saved her! He went up to her to see if she was ok. She threw herself into his arms, and sobbed into his shirt.

"Oh, Kai, I was so stupid! I'm so happy that you came! I don't know what would have happened if you didn't," she sobbed, "I'm so sorry Kai, if I hadn't gone out like I did, I wouldn't have burdened you! I'm so, so sorry, please don't be mad!" she cried.

Kai was shocked. She was nearly raped and all she could worry about was whether he'd be mad or not! She needed to get her priorities straight! He didn't know what to do, so he patted her on the back.

Kitty stopped crying. She pulled back from him and wiped her eyes. "Oh, I'm sorry Kai, I really am. Thank you so much! Look, I got your shirt all wet," she tried to smile, "I think we should be heading back hmm?"

"Are you sure you're all right?" he asked. He had never been in this situation before. Kitty nodded.

When they got back to the arcade, they found that the gang had been worrying over them and when they saw Kitty, their worry grew.

"Are you alright? What happened?" they asked.

"I'm fine thanks to Kai. I don't feel like talking about it at the moment." The guys understood. They decided to head back to the hotel and chill out in their suit.

Kitty took a shower as soon as she got back. She wanted to get rid of the awful feeling and smell of that man. When she came out, she changed into her pajamas.

The guys were all in the main areas, watching TV and playing on the PS2 that you could order.

She cheered up. She felt like she belonged, for the first time in her life with these people. She felt so comfortable with them.

Kitty joined them on the couch.

"Feeling better?" Kai asked her.

She nodded. For the rest of the night, they played and chat until they decided to head to bed.

~*~*~*~