Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4

The next morning, the Blade Breakers were found training hard, for the tournament that was coming up. All the very best were going to be there.

Max's mom had also flown in. Kitty had been introduced to her and Kitty thought that Judy was a nice person. Max had explained to her what his mom's job was. When Kitty met Judy, a plan began to form in her head. She was slightly nervous about it though and decided to approach her about it when the others weren't around.

For now she decided to concentrate on her training. But her thoughts kept wandering to the previous night.

~*~*~*~ Flashback ~*~*~*~

Kitty was staring at the locket, drowned in memories of her past. Her eyes were sad, and she didn't pay any attentions to her surroundings. There was no one around. Suddenly, she was grabbed from behind, a hand on her mouth and dragged into a dark alley. Kitty had left her backpack in the arcade, with the others. Angel was in there and couldn't help her. She couldn't move, she was paralyzed with shock otherwise she would've defended herself. She kicked herself mentally for not telling anyone of her leaving, but they seemed to have so much fun. She didn't want to disturb them just so she could see some silly locket.

The man pushed her against a rough, brick wall, which tore at the back of her shirt. One of his hands ran up her body, while the other pinned her down. He tried to lean down and plant a slobbery kiss on her lips. But he wasn't able to, because he was suddenly lifted off her and was thrown out of the alley.

Kitty looked up, tears streaming down her cheeks. It was Kai who had saved her! He went up to her to see if she was ok. She threw herself into his arms, and sobbed into his shirt.

"Oh, Kai, I was so stupid! I'm so happy that you came! I don't know what would have happened if you didn't," she sobbed, "I'm so sorry Kai, if I hadn't gone out like I did, I wouldn't have burdened you! I'm so, so sorry, please don't be mad!" she cried.

~*~*~*~ End of Flashback ~*~*~*~

She shuddered at the thought of what nearly happened.

Kai noticed that Kitty wasn't paying very much attention at her training.

"Kitty! You need to concentrate more!" Kitty snapped out of her reverie and nodded. Then she turned her attention to the set of boards that stood up, that she had to break.

"Go Angel! You can do it!" Angel knocked down the first 10, but couldn't finish the last three. Kenny had invented the training method to challenge and improve all the Beyblades. "Ugh! So close!" Kitty shouted in frustration.

"You can do better next time," Max reassured her.

"I guess."

Tyson had a go at it. He got to the first 9, but didn't complete it.

It was then Ray's turn; he didn't complete it either. Max didn't break all of them.

Kitty's turn again. She launched her blade and this time it knocked down all the boards.

"Yippee!" she said, jumping up and down, laughing happily. Kai found that he had to restrain a smile. They all kept practicing and training until each of the bladers could break the boards.

Then they moved on to battling each other. Kai and Kitty ended up against each other. It was like the match before. Except this time there was way more cat/mouse chase than before. It was a miracle that they finished. Kitty had a feeling she knew why Angel kept doing these cat/mouse chases.

Later that afternoon, when the guys were training, Kitty slipped off to talk to Judy.

"Judy," Kitty said shyly.

"Yes Kitty?"

"Well, I've heard that there are a lot of teams that try to steal the Blade Breakers Bit beasts…"

"You don't have to worry about that, the team always end up with their Bit beasts in the end."

"Well, it's not that. You see, my Bit beast Angel, she has one of these special talents, where if someone breaks my blade, she can go into a different Beyblade of MINE. I was hoping that, if I could find out WHY she can do that, I could have the others do the same, that ways they won't lose their Bit beast. I could imagine the horror of losing my Bit beast," Kitty cuddled her Beyblade against her chest, "it would be awful. So I was hoping I could be of some help, since these guys have been so good to me."

Judy understood. So for the rest of the day, Judy and Kitty worked on it. It wasn't too hard to find out, since Angel was totally cooperative. By dinnertime, they had figured it out, and now they just had to make the improvements on each Beyblader's Beyblade.

Kitty felt a lot happier than before now that she had worked on improvements for the Blade Breakers. The reason she told Judy for the improvements wasn't the only reason though. For some unknown reason, lately she had been getting these weird vibes. She kept getting this feeling that somebody, some people were out there, waiting to steal their Bit beasts, waiting to do them harm. She couldn't let any harm come to her teammates. They were her FRIENDS. They were like family to her.

She understood how it would feel if they lost their Bit beasts. Their Bit beasts were there friends. Kitty knew that she didn't have to worry about losing Angel, because of Angel's special talent, but if the others lost their Bit beasts, she would feel the pain too. No, she'd do anything she could to help her friends.

Maybe she should tell Kai about the feeling she kept getting. But what if he just scorned her? No, she had to tell him, even if he did scorn her in the end. At least she had tried to help her friends. Yes. She'd tell him tonight.

With her mind made up, she concentrated on dinner - Tyson was about to eat everything.

She and Tyson had an unspoken agreement to have a contest to see who could eat everything. Finally it was down to one last chicken wink. Kitty was too slow and lost to Tyson.

"Aw, I wanted that!" she wailed.

"Too late!" Tyson yelled at her.

Kitty pouted and then laughed. The others sweat dropped at the amount of food the two had consumed. Kitty saw them and grinned sheepishly.

They then took a walk to walk off all the food they ate.

"You know, we never got a chance to see the Eiffel Tower," Kitty remarked.

"I guess not," Ray agreed.

They went to a park and bought ice cream from a sidewalk vendor.

"Hmm, chocolate! I love chocolate!" Kitty smiled childishly and licked her ice cream. When they finished, they headed to the hotel.

Later, after Kitty and everyone had changed into their sleeping clothes, Kitty picked up Angel and headed across the hall to Kai's room. She knocked on his door.

"Come in."

Kitty opened the door and saw Kai doing pushups on the floor.

"Um, hey Kai," she started. Kitty put Angel down on the nightstand, next to Dranzer. Angel immediately started spinning, to Kai's surprise. The Bit beast appeared and reached out her hand towards Dranzer. Dranzer started spinning and appeared. Angel giggled. Kai watched this all in amazement.

Kitty saw Kai's face. He actually showed the amazement on his face. She giggled.

"How is it possible that your Bit beast can do that?" he asked.

"Well, it's one of her talents, her specialties. She can start spinning and appear on her own. But I've only seen her make another Bit beast do that and that was with Galux, Mariah's blade.

"I've never used one of Angel's special attacks, but I know what they are. You see, Angel is a different Bit beast. She doesn't like to hurt other Bit beasts. She befriends them instead. Even during battle. In fact, one of her specialty is to befriend them so they won't attack her.

"If you look at my blade, it's designed so that it won't tear the blade apart, making the blader lose it's Bit beast, but to separate the parts, so you can't blade, but you can put the blade together again," Kitty watched Dranzer chase Angel, and giggled.

"I know why they do that, why every match we have, they always do the cat/mouse chase," she giggled, "It's so great! My Bit beast is in love…" Kitty giggled, and saw the look of shock on Kai's face.

"… with Dranzer."