Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Little Kitten ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 5

A look of supreme shock registered on Kai's face. Kitty didn't think that Kai could ever show so much emotion and giggled.

"Don't tell me that you don't think Bit beasts could fall in love!" Kitty exclaimed. "Look at Galux and Drigger!"

Kai regained his composure. "Tell me, how is it that every time Angel gets hit, you wince and act like you've been hurt."

"Well, I think it's best if I started at my past," Kitty looked sad.

She took a deep breath and started:

"You see, where I come from, Beyblade was scorned. Everyone hated it. And because I loved Beyblade, people scorned me, so I had no friends. I only had my family to go to, since at school, everyone hated me.

"One day, I was in the park we had, staring at the wishing fountain. It had a statue of an angel there. I made a wish. And next thing I knew, I had Angel.

"Angel was my friend from then on. My only friend. She was like a human, trapped in a Beyblade. We would talk with each other at night, and whenever I was sad she'd be sad and tried to comfort me.

"Later on, our friendship grew, and magically there was a bond that formed between us. I could sense what she sensed and vice versa. If she felt pain and sadness, so would I. If she was happy, I would be happy to. We would have similar opinions and feelings. We depended on each other. If she left me, I don't think I would be able to survive. We were bonded, like soul sisters.

"Then one day, while I was in the park where I got Angel, my parents were taking my baby brother for a checkup," Kitty choked on her voice, "and they - they n-n-n-never m-m-m-made it back alive." Tears poured out of her eyes, and to Kai's surprise, he felt concern for this girl.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to," he said softly.

Kitty shook her head. "No, I'll continue.

"My parents and my brother died. I had no family left. Somehow I managed to not be fostered into a home. I took that chance and took the money my parents had left me. Most of it I can't access until I'm 18, that won't be until two years. It isn't very much either. But I'm sure I'll survive.

"Well, with the money I could access, I traveled around, going to Beyblade contests, winning money too. I'd do a couple of odd jobs here and there too. Sometimes the money was tight. But I'd always be ok, cause I had Angel. If I ever lost Angel, I don't know what I'd do.

"When Mr. Dickinson had found me, I was in a tight spot. My money was getting tight, and I didn't know what I'd do. I thought it was a miracle when he found me. And well, here I am.

"I've tried to put my past memories in the past, but that night, when I saw the locket there, it looked so much like the one my mother gave me. I had lost it too. I never found it again." Kitty wiped the tears that came down her face. Angel stopped her chase to look at her sadly.

"I'll be ok, Angel," Kitty told her. Angel nodded and reached out and patted Kitty on the cheek.

"Thank you Angel."

Kitty saw a look of confusion on Kai's face, and giggled, starting to become her old self.

"Angel can also touch objects. Her touch is magic, it's so comforting." Kitty smiled.

Then she remembered what she came here for.

"Oh! I almost forgot!" she exclaimed.

"What?"

"Well, it's just that, lately, I've been getting these weird feelings that there's someone out there intent on stealing our Bit beasts and harming us," Kitty hesitated, "It seems that every time we go out, or at least I go out, there's been someone watching us. I don't know. Angel senses something wrong too. I don't know what to do. I thought you'd like to know." Kitty got up from the bed, where she was sitting left, called Angel back and silently left Kai's room and headed back to hers.

~*~*~*~ Kai's POV ~*~*~*~

What Kitty had told me about her life and her Bit beast made me feel… Well I wasn't quite sure. The things that she said her Bit beast could do astounded me. I never thought that it was possible.

And when she told me Dranzer was in love with Angel, well, that was just crazy. I glanced at Dranzer. What she said had to be true. She said it so seriously.

She confided to me her past. I don't know why. And lately I seem to feel as if I had to protect her. She stirred up feelings that I'd rather not feel. I don't understand.

I have never felt so hopeless, not since Grandfather lived.

I contemplated about what she told me about her feeling. About someone trying to harm us, and steal our Bit beasts. For some unknown reason, I felt anger when I thought about someone hurting Kitty. How could anyone do that? She seemed so innocent, so childish, so frail yet strong.

I thought back to last night, when she was nearly raped. It angered me how someone could be so sick as to do that.

Kitty was an odd girl. I had never met anyone like her. All the others had been selfish, shallow girls who only cared for themselves, but Kitty wasn't selfish at all. And she was hardly shallow. Though she seemed childish and simple on the outside, I could sense that there was more to her on the inside.

If what Kitty said was true, then what could I do? I'd hate to admit it, but I think I could never imagine something going wrong with my team. I'd hate to think that anyone would get hurt here. These people have been my friends and had stood by me, even though I had betrayed them before.

I was thankful. I glanced at Dranzer one more time, and turned the lights off and went to bed.