Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Lost ❯ Friends in unlikely places ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

OK, the last chapter of Lost, that is, if I don't get reviews demanding more…
I'd like to thank me reviews, and all of you that have read this story-review or not…
And a special thanks to Ar
 
Here is chapter 6: Friends in unlikely places.
__
 
While they waited, Tala convinced Kai to let Rei stand so that he could braid the younger boy's hair. In the end, he used a rubber band, even thought he knew that it would be hell to get out later on. Once he was done, Kai picked Rei up and put him back onto the counter. Rei kept his arms wrapped around Kai's back, but moved his head from lying on Kai's chest to lying on Kai's shoulder.
“Are you staying?” Tala asked him watching carefully for a reaction.
“Yeah.” Kai answered placing his head against Rei's rubbing his back “Someone has to.”
Tala smiled nodding his head.
“OK.” Amealia said smiling “I've got a bed for him, come with me.”
Kai shifted Rei who whined as he was disturbed from his sleep and moved his arms to Kai's neck. They then proceeded to follow Amealia to the room. “Will one of you be staying?”
“I will.” Kai told her in a voice that said to not ask stupid questions.
“That's fine.” she said, opening the door. Inside were two beds one already occupied by a young man. “I hope you don't mind this he said he wouldn't mind sharing a room with Rei seeing as he's a Neko-jin himself.”
“Rei's not a Neko-jin.” Tala told her looking at the other boy “He's a half.” The other guy just shrugged, not taking his eyes off the TV he was watching.
“I know, I told him.” Amealia told them “Lee, where is your friend?” she asked motioning for Kai to sit Rei on the free bed.
“Getting something to eat.” he told her as she put a breathing mask on Rei. She pulled a swab out of her pocket and opened it, motioning for Kai to move Rei's sleeve up. Kai did so and she cleaned a small area on his arm. “I wouldn't do that.” Lee muttered and Amealia stopped pulling the needle out.
“Why?” she asked, looking over at him.
“He's asleep, if you do that you'll startle him and he'll pull away. It could break the needle.” Lee explained, and she blinked. “Didn't you learn that from me?” he asked and they noticed a bandage on his arm for the first time. Amealia blushed, looking towards Kai.
“Can you…”
Kai nodded, lightly tapping Rei's cheek to wake him. “Kai?” came the muffled question as gold eyes opened to look at him.
“Rei?” Amealia called. “I'm going to give you a fever reducer, then you can go back to sleep.”
Rei nodded, letting her give him the shot, eyes falling shut once again. Amealia stood, walking towards the door. “Call if you need anything. Unfortunately only one of you can stay, visiting hours are over I'm afraid.”
“We'll head home then.” Tala said, moving over to Kai “Call if you need us.” he said, then kissed Rei on the forehead.
“Go get some sleep.” Kai advised.
“You too” Tala pointed out to him as well, “See you.” he waved then they left. Waving Kai pulled a chair up and sat in it.
“You close to the redhead?” Lee asked, turning the TV off.
“Hn.” Kai muttered arms crossed.
“Lovers?”
“What!” Kai exclaimed, sitting up slightly “He's my cousin”
Lee chuckled and Kai glared at him his eyes meeting golden eyes [1] full of mischief. Kai stared and Lee nodded. “Yeah, I'm a half too.”
“Amealia said you were a Neko-jin.”
“She can't tell” Lee explained glancing at the door and back.
“Worried?” Kai asked, remembering Amealia's earlier words.
“Hungry.” Lee told him, looking at Rei. “…How old?”
“Not sure.” Kai told him, looking down at Rei. “15, maybe 16.” Lee gave him a weird look then shrugged it off.
“My boyfriend most likely doesn't remember my age either.” Lee said with a chuckle. “TV bother you?”
“Hn.” Kai muttered eyes closing once again. Lee shrugged, turning it back on, leaning back on the bed that he had sat up.
“Lee!” Michael called, coming in with a big smile, which dropped at the glare Kai sent him for waking Rei. “Who are they?” he asked with a heavy American accent.
“Roommates.” Lee told him, shaking his head.
“Okay I got that part but `who' are they?” he asked, sitting down on the bed next to Lee handing him a cafeteria box.
Rei reach up and remove his mask so he could talk without it biting into his chin. “I'm Rei, he's Kai.” Rei told them opening his eyes “And you are?”
“Michael Parker.” he introduced himself with a wide grin “You're the same as Lion here.”
“Same?” Rei asked looking confused. Kai sighed, pushing the button to raise him into a sitting position. Rei smiled at him letting the blanket fall to his lap.
“Half's.” Lee told him, chuckling when Rei's eyes moved to look at him.
“Lee!” he exclaimed, smiling. “How are you? What have you been doing? Where did you go? What have you seen? Why'd you leave me behind!?”
“Rei, calm down.” Lee told him rolling his eyes “One question at a time Tiger.”
“Why'd you leave me behind?” Rei asked in a small voice.
“You were nine I didn't think you needed to be living on the streets.” Lee reasoned with him.
“I would have been ten in a week.” Rei told him “And living on the streets would have been better then where I was.”
“I'm sorry Rei.” Lee told him looking away and into the shocked face of his American lover. “We grew up together” Lee told him, sighing. “We stuck together because we had no one else to turn to. One night I decided to leave and left Rei behind. I didn't know what was going to happen, I didn't want him to get hurt.”
“Rei?” Kai asked, looking over at the younger boy.
“Lee looked out for me.” Rei told him with a smile “He always did, always treated me like I was eight years younger instead of a year…kinda like Tala and you.”
Kai nodded then looked back at Lee. “Why did you act like you didn't know him?”
“I guess I was trying to see if he found someone to accept him for him.” Lee said giving a small smile to Michael. Michael took his hat off tossing it on the chair then sat down next to Lee on the bed with his feet up. “Shoes.” Lee told him sending a warning look. Michael sighed removing them and getting under the blanket.
“Kai, Tala, and Bryan are nice to me.” Rei told him then stopped to yawn “They're very nice.” he muttered eyes drifting shut only to be forced open again. Kai lowered the bed, covering him up fully.
“Sleep.” Kai murmured as Rei shook his head “He'll be here when you wake up”
“Promise?” Rei whispered
“Promise” Kai vowed putting the breathing mask back on watching as the half Neko-jin fell asleep.
“You care?” Lee asked watching them relaxing against Michael's side.
“He hasn't done anything to make me not to.” Kai told Lee looking over at them.
“How long have you two been together?”
“We're not lovers.” Kai told him.
“You aren't?” Michael asked with a chuckle “Thought you were.”
“How long have you known him?” Lee asked looking at the younger boy.
“I found him unconscious about 10 days ago.” Kai told them “He ran off yesterday and it led to this.”
“What was wrong with him?” Lee asked worry lacing his words.
“He was sick.” Kai informed “Running a fever didn't look like he'd eaten in a while.”
“He turned 18 three, almost four weeks ago…so that means if he left then he'd been on his own for…two weeks.”
“It looked like he hadn't eaten in a good few months.” Kai said.
“Like you.” Michael muttered tightening his arms around Lee “Why would someone have a child and treat it like that.”
“I was treated a little better then Rei was, but I had been on the streets for almost three years before we met.” Lee told his lover sighing.
“Treated better? How?” Kai asked.
“My mom left and married a human, I was five when they died and I moved to the Neko-jin village to live, and since my mom didn't do anything wrong, and she didn't return, I was treated a little better then him.” Lee explained.
“And Rei?” Kai asked. “What about him?”
“Rei's dad cheated on his wife with a human woman. She brought Rei to him when Rei was an infant. She told everyone that his dad had rapped her and that she thought he should reap what he'd sown, but he said that she had seduced him and forced him. Rei suffered because of this, because his parents had lied and either way, it was against our laws.”
Lee closed his eyes remembering. Remembering wondering threw the village, laughter catching his attention. He could remember seeing a group of kids playing and having fun. Watching them, and then having his eyes drawn to a little boy sitting off to the side of the front door of a house, watching him turn butter, little arms straining. He could remember all the children turning to the younger boy, some of the twice and tripe his age. `Little Rei-Rei can't come and play, not till all the chores are done. Little Rei-Rei can't come and play, not till well after the sun is gone.' They had said, laughing when they finished. Lee had watched a tear streaked face come up, red rimmed gold eyes look at them in pain, then hide under his mop of hair. Lee could remember walking past the other kids to the younger boy; he could remember the shocked look as he helped him. Lee could remember the first game that Rei ever played, how everything he saw in the clouds was an image of a cat.
“Lee?” Michael called Lee opened his eyes giving him a sad smile “Do I need to get Amealia?”
“No, I'm fine.” Lee shook his head then glanced over at Rei's sleeping form, then the young man that was watching over him. He glanced over at his lover, noticing that the two humans had the same look in their eyes.
 
----
“One day Rei we'll find someone who cares who we are, who will look past what we are.” Lee had told Rei feet going back and forth in the water of the lake “Someone who will love us and that we'll love back.”
“What will they be human or Neko-jin?” the eight year old asked, moving his eyes from the sunset to Lee.
“Neither” Lee told him.
“Neither? Then what are they?”
“They might look human or Neko-jin” Lee said, looking at Rei. “But they will be angels sent to love us.”
“Really!” Re exclaimed a large smile on his face “Real angels!”
“Really!” Lee nodded his head with a smile, looking back towards the west “Just wait.”
“Lee?” Rei called looking at him as well “I don't have to, I've met one.”
“As have I” Lee told him, smiling.
---
“Angels.” Lee whispered, looking between Kai and Michael, stopping to stare at his lover.
“What Lee?” he asked, looking from the TV.
“Nothing, let's get some sleep.” Lee told him as he lowered the bed back down, turning towards his lover. Michael kissed him lightly on the lips, then closed his eyes and went to sleep. Lee turned the TV off, glancing over a Kai. “Kai?”
“Hn?”
“Don't let him get too cold.” Lee muttered. “Cats don't like the cold.” he added as he dozed off.
Kai stared at him then turned to look at Rei besides the slightly labored breathing Rei looked fine. He went to close his eyes when he noticed the Rei was shivering “Rei?” he called watching as gold eyes slowly opened “Sorry, I thought you were awake.”
“It's Ok.” Rei whispered so softly that Kai could barely hear it threw the plastic.
“Are you cold?” he asked getting a small nod. “Would you like me to lay with you?” Kai asked getting a small more hesitant nod. Kai shifted Rei slightly over then laid down next to him.
“Under?” Rei asked, looking at him. Kai nodded slipping under the blankets. Kai laid there for a second wondering what to do next. He shrugged, slipping his arms around Rei's waist he laid his head against Rei's and relaxed.
Rei smiled shifting to look at Kai's face. Kai looked different when he was like that looking so peaceful and Rei liked it he loved it he loved him “I love you.” he whispered closing his eyes to sleep missing the smile that came across Kai's lips when he heard the soft confession. He shifted slightly then fell asleep with what Rei said filling his dreams.
__
 
“Damned nurse, damned lights, damned place.” Michael muttered darkly.
Lee laughed, watching his lover “Didn't sleep well?”
“What the hell do you think.” he asked going back to cursing things not so under his breath.
“Will you two shut up.” Kai said turning his head to glare at them.
“No.” Michael told him then went back to cursing. He stopped then looking at Kai “So much for not being lovers.”
“We aren't.” Kai denied glaring he got up slipped his shoes back on then left.
“Michael!” Lee said darkly glaring “That was uncalled for.”
“It's true.” Michael murmured then sighed sitting next to Lee on the bed “Sorry.”
“It's Ok.” Lee told him “Morning Rei.”
“Morning.” came the muffled response. Rei reached up and removed the mask then rubbed the sleep out of his eyes “Where's Kai?”
“Michael scared him off.” Lee teased getting a dirty look from Michael and a giggle from Rei when he saw it.
“Don't feel bad, he doesn't like people.” Rei told him.
“Who?” Tala asked as he and Bryan came in.
“Kai?”
“Where is that cousin of mine?” he asked moving over to Rei.
“Don't know.” Rei told him, shaking his head to get the hand off.
“This is the first time I've seen you without a fever.” Tala teased him smiling “Are you feeling better?”
“Yes, sorry I worried you Tala.” Rei apologized then looked at Bryan who had taken a seat in the unoccupied chair “You too Bryan.”
Bryan shrugged looking away “He's in one of his moods.” Tala whispered to Rei with a shrug of his own “You hungry?”
“Yeah.” Rei told him.
“We'll go get you something.” Tala told him.
“We'll go together.” Michael said getting a glare from Bryan “Or not, that's fine.” He muttered, handing Lee his shoes.
“Behave Rei.” Lee told him then the two left.
“Weirdoes.” Tala muttered.
“Be nice.” Rei told him and Tala shrugged heading out with Bryan fallowing. Rei starred at the door blinking. They had left him all alone. With a sigh he sat his bed up, wondering what to do. He finally settled on the TV and started looking for something worthwhile to watch.
Rei looked up when the door opened. “Kai!”
“Hey.” he muttered, moving to sit on Rei's bed.
“Where were you?” Rei asked making room for him.
“I needed some fresh air.” Kai told him glancing sideways at Rei's smiling face. He had spent the last 30 minutes thinking about what to do about his feelings. After hearing Rei's confession last night, Kai's feeling for him seemed to grow.
“Is there something wrong?” Rei asked as Kai continued to stare at him.
“Rei?”
“What?” he asked blushing as Kai moved closer.
“I love you too.” he said then kissed Rei. Gasping Rei opened his mouth but Kai made no move to deepen the kiss. Pulling away from the kiss slowly Rei looked at Kai very closely.
“How-…how did you know?” he whispered his blush becoming brighter.
“I heard you last night.” Kai confessed and Rei smiled.
“You're not playing with me right?”
“No.”
“Promise?”
“Promise.”
Rei smiled then kissed him and Kai willingly kissed him back. And as they did, Rei new that that `missing piece' had been found, his puzzle would become whole now.
 
__
[1] Yes, I made his eyes gold in this one, deal with it.
___
Tell me what you think…I believe this is the end…but what do you think? Does that look like a good ending, or is there something missing…you are the readers after all-it is for you!
 
IF YOU WANT ME THEN GIVE ME QUESTION OR IDEAS! I MAY CONTINUE THIS OR I MAY WRITE A SEQUAL! IT ALL UP TA YOU!