Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Miracle ❯ First one: My Neko ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Beyblade, or any of the lyrics here. They belong to their respective owners. But Eriko, Mitsu, Kyoko, Mitzy, and Raine belong to me!

Enjoy!


"Truth or Dare, Rei?"

"uh..." He looked thoughtful for a moment before he smiled, "Truth!" "You're no fun!" Takao pouted while everyone(minus Kai, Raine, and Eriko. Kai because he's...Kai, Raine because that's how she is, and Eriko because she's not even there.)laughed.

"Fine..." Takao sighed then got an evil grin, "Who do you like more than a friend and why?" Rei went red, stuttering,"uh, I-I...um...I" 'I hope Kai won't kill me for this' the neko jin thought, biting his bottom lip. "I like...Eriko..." he whispered. "Say wha?" Mitsu asked, cupping a hand over her ear,"We didn't hear you." Another mumbled answer. Takara sighed, "Rei, we're not going to make fun of you for who you-" "I SAID I LIKE ERIKO!!" Rei clapped a hand over his mouth, golden eyes wide and a deep blush over his face. "I knew it!" Mitzy and Kyoko chimed together. "Don't forget the second part of the question; Why do you like her?"

Rei's blush deepened, "She pretty, smart, and funny. She always knows how to cheer someone up." A dreamy looked crossed his face causing the girls to giggle. He continued, "She's an awesome blader and she's fun to hang out with..." he stopped when he noticed everyone staring at something by the doorway with worried expressions. He followed their gazes and his own eyes widened in shock and embarrassment.

Eriko was standing at the doorway, staring at Rei with a confused and surprised expression, "You...like me?" she said slowly. Mistaking her tone and her expression for disgust and/or hatred, Rei jumped up and ran out of the dojo, tears streaming down his face. The door slammed and Eriko turned to everyone, "What just happened here?" No one answered. Mitsu sighed and got up, "I'll get 'im. You." she pointed at Eriko. "Will go to your room and just wait there, m'kay? Trust me." Eriko nodded and Mitsu turned around and walked away.

Rei continued running though the darkness, not caring about the warm tears still trailing down his face. How could he have been so stupid?! 'She must hate me now...' he thought slowing down to a walk as the thought hit him hard. A soft sob escaped his lips.

Mitsu watched her cousin from behind a tree. Her heart twisted in pain when she heard sobs escape him. She had never seen him cry so badly. It hurt to watch. "Rei-kun..." she said softly, but loud enough to catch his attention. He turned to look at her and her heart twisted more to see how broken he looked. "Mitsu-chan? What are you doing out here?" he wiped away his tears but they just kept coming. "Being a good cousin." Mitsu smiled. Rei laughed, though he still sounded sad. The next thing Mitsu knew, Rei was hugging her tightly, resting against her chest. Mitsu blinked in surprise, hugging Rei back. "It's okay to cry... and not holding back."

Rei made no response but clutched the material of her shirt tightly, as tears came to his eyes again. Mitsu made no other comments, just holding Rei close like a mother would to her child. Speaking of children, she began to sing softly a song that her mother used to sing to her and Rei when they were children,"Golden slumber kiss your eyes,
Smiles await you when you rise.
Sleep,
pretty baby
,(to which, despite his tears, Ray softly protested which cause Mitsu to laugh then continue)
Do not cry,
And I'll sing you a lullaby
. " Rei smiled slightly, "You still remember that song?" he murmured. "Of course." Mitsu replied. She took her younger cousin's hand and led him through the darkness. The clouds hiding the moon had finally moved away bathing the two teens in a silvery-blue light.

"Care you know not,
Therefore sleep,
While I o'er you watch do keep.
Sleep,
pretty darling
, (Rei blushed slightly but smiled. Mitsu smiled lightly, her plan going just fine.)
Do not cry,
And I will sing a lullaby
..."

They ended up on the beach/shipping docks. Mitsu tugged on Rei's hand causing him to fall into her arms. "Ack!" The male neko jin yelped in surprise when he was suddenly being held bridal style. "What are you doing?!" "..." Mitsu made no reply. Rei squirmed abit trying to make her let go of him but she ignored him, walking towards the sandy beach. She paused in mid-step and sat down cross-legged on the sand, still refusing to let go of Rei, who right now, was complaining rather loudly. Tap. Tap. WHACK! "OW!" Rei yelped, holding his head in pain. Mitsu lowered her fist and gave a sigh. With her unoccupied arm, she hugged Rei causing him to stop complaining.

"Rei, everyone's really worried about you. You haven't acted like yourself in a week. Is it because of Eriko?" she asked. Rei shivered slightly, tears appearing again at the sound of her name. Mitsu noticed this and brought him closer. "You know you can tell me anything, Rei-rei. I won't laugh." "I've fallen for her." came the reply. Rei was staring at the ground, a heated blush on his cheeks. "I see...But what's wrong with that?" Mitsu was confused.

"She doesn't see us more than friends. But after tonight... she must hate me. I sounded like some lovesick fool when I was talking about her." "That's cuz you are a lovesick fool." Mitsu poked him in the nose, smiling fondly at him. "You really are a fool to think Eriko might not see you two as more than friends. I've seen the way she looks at you and believe me," she winked, "I know." Rei blushed even more but smiled shyly.

Mitsu finally let go of Rei and got up, pulling the teen up with her. "Come on, let's go back." Rei looked a little nervous, "I dunno..." "Don't make me have to carry you again." Mitsu warned. The embarrassing thought was enough for Rei to glare at his older cousin but follow her back to the dojo without complaint. Once back no one said anything about earlier. Mitsu shook her head and pushed Rei in the direction of the staircase. "You know which room is hers. She's waiting for you." The female neko jin grinned, her fangs gleaming slightly. Rei smiled back weakly before going up the stairs. He walked down the hallway, getting more nervous with each step. By the time Rei got to her room, he wanted nothing more than to run. But he didn't. He was about to knock when he heard soft singing.

"Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello I am your mind giving you someone to talk to
Hello
" Rei frowned slightly. She sounded so sad... It made his heart break. He slowly opened the door to look.

Eriko was staring out the window, her eyes half-lidded. He could see the sparkle of tears trailing down her face. She sighed softly and continued, "If I smile and don't believe
Soon I know I'll wake from this dream
Don't try to fix me, I'm not broken
Hello I'm the lie living for you so you can hide
Don't cry
" Rei took a few steps forward but Eriko made no acknowledgment that he was there except for a flinch. Rei blinked, looking confused at her lack of happiness that she usually always had. Eriko stood up, closing her eyes. More tears slid down her face. She refused to look at him.

"Suddenly I know I'm not sleeping
Hello I'm still here
All that's left of yesterday
..." The song ended on a soft note. Rei smiled sadly at her, "You sing... beautifully." Eriko looked up at him, "Thank you..." she said softly. Then she looked back down, "I didn't mean to hurt you. Really I didn't." "It's not your fault." Rei insisted. "Really. I shouldn't have been saying such stupid things...I sounded like an idiot."

"That's not true!" Eriko exclaimed. "I was really flattered that you thought of me that way. And also..." she blushed, "I really like you to..." "No..." Eriko looked up at Rei, confused. He smiled slightly, " 'Like' isn't the word to describe the way I feel. I don't 'like' you. I..." he blushed. "Love you..." Eriko blushed too, a small smile crossing her lips. She took a few steps forward, wrapping her arms around the neko jins neck. "I love you too." She murmured softly before pulling the neko jin down and pressing her lips to his. Rei felt a soft blush cross his cheeks, but he ignored it. He pulled her closer, returning the kiss. Soon the two broke apart, panting softly.

Eriko smiled up at Rei, who was still blushing. "My neko." she murmured, hugging him. Rei blushed a darker red. It made him feel a little embarrassed to be called someone's neko... but... he looked down at Eriko who was smiling in content and he couldn't help but smile himself.

...If she was the one calling him that, he really didn't mind.