Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Love is a Miracle ❯ Listen to Your Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
It was a bright, sunny, afternoon in Japan. The sky was blue, there was a nice cool breeze, and it was peaceful. No one would be caught dead inside for a nice day like this.

Except Eriko.

Eriko was stuck in bed, sweating and coughing up a storm. She curled up in the bed, shivering violently. Giving a low whine of displeasure, she tried to close her eyes and sleep but the sun kept shining and made her really hot.

Are you ok, Eriko? Ici Tigeress asked. Just fine. Eriko muttered, even her mental voice sounding sick. No you're not. Ici said sternly. You're sick. I know you want to get out of bed but you can't. You have to rest But... No buts, Eriko! Ici snapped. If you want, I can- but she cut herself off when she saw Eriko was already asleep. Ici gave a tiny smile before quietly leaving her beyblade.

The female neko jin bitbeast walked through the cyber like tunnels. She made it to another room. It was half white and half black. "Drigger! Are you here?" Ici called. The snow-white tiger bitbeast came before her. "Ici? To what owe the visit?" Drigger's voice was alot like his master's, but deeper slightly and sounded wiser. "It's Eriko. She's sick and bedridden. She wants to leave but she knows she can't. She feels lonely and needs someone there. We both know how our masters feel about each other even though they won't admit it so I thought that Ray could stay with her."

Drigger was silent for a moment as he thought. Then, "I think it's a good idea, but you'd have to ask him yourself." "Ok." Ici hugged the white tiger, "Thank you, Drigger!" she said happily before racing off. The white tiger blushed very slightly, "You're welcome." He muttered to the thin air.

---Outside with the Bladebreakers and the BeybladeSmashers---

"Hey, where's Eriko?" Ray asked curiously. It wasn't like the young girl to stay inside on such a beautiful day. She's bedridden, Ray. The Neko jin nearly fell over in surprise at Ici's voice. Bedridden?! Why? Ici smirked at the worry in his voice. She's sick with a fever. She can't get up because she's too weak. the bitbeast replied. Her idea was going all according to plan. I was wondering... Do you think you could stay with her and keep her company? I know you all were planning to go to the beach today but... Uh... Sure. I'll stay. Great! Ici smiled softly before running off to her own beyblade.

Eriko groaned as she turned back and forth in her bed. Sweat was pouring down her flushed face. She shuddered violently. "Damn cold." She moaned. She twitched slightly when she heard the door open and soft footsteps moving towards her bed. Soon a cool wet cloth was put over her forehead causing her to open her eyes. She blinked when they met with soft golden orbs. She sat up.

"Ray? What are you doing in he-" she was cut off by a coughing fit. Ray frowned and pushed her back down in a laying position. "Ici told me you were sick. She asked me to stay with you." 'Damn tigeress.' Eriko thought. I heard that Good. ... Eriko sighed softly, staring up at the ceiling. "Try to get some rest, Riri. I'll be right back." Ray was the only one who could get away with calling Eriko 'Riri'. She'd kill you if you tried calling her that. The sky blue haired girl nodded slightly before drifting off into a light slumber. The golden-eyed neko jin smiled lightly before walking out of the room.

Eriko woke up an hour later. She sat up and stretched lightly, her hair a mess. Slowly getting out of the bed, she took a few wobbly steps before collapsing to the ground. It seemed her fever made her dazed. The door to her room opened again, "Eriko! I thought I told you to rest!" Ray scolded lightly. Eriko just looked at him with a blank expression,

"You're not my mom, Ray." "True, but I do care about you." Ray said, smiling slightly. He picked up the dazed girl and carried her back to her bed, laying her down softly. "Now this time I mean it, rest." Then he walked out again.

Eriko didn't sleep but instead just stared up at the ceiling. She curled up tightly under her blankets, sighing softly. Colds were so annoying. She looked to her stereo system and sat up. She put in her CD full of mixed tunes and pressed 'play'. The song 'Haters' sprung on.

Don't spit on me and shame yourself
Because you wish you were someone else
You look so clean, but you spread your dirt
As if you think that words don't hurt
You build up walls no one can climb
Things you do should be a crime
You're the queen of superficiality
Keep your eyes out of my reality
And when you're nice, it's just a pose

Using her knees as a table-like thing, Eriko took out her drawing notebook flipped through it. There were many pictures of her friends and old family. They all seemed so happy. She smiled sadly.

You're one of those haters!
Traitors to the human race
Haters!
What a drag, what a waste
I'd like to see them disappear
They don't belong anywhere

Haters!
Haters!

Spinning a web, that's hard to see
With envy, greed and jealousy
Feeling angry, but you don't know why
Why don't you look me in the eye?
You want my friends
You want my clothes

Eriko hummed along with the tune. She flipped to a blank page and got out her pencil. She started out with a simple sketch of her with Ici standing by her but she (Eriko) was back-to-back with a certain golden eyed neko jin with his bitbeast by his side. A small blush drifted across her cheeks but she ignored it.

You're one of those haters!
Traitors to the human race
Haters!
What a drag, what a waste
I'd like to see them disappear
They don't belong anywhere

Eriko didn't notice someone coming into her room, as she was busy paying attention to her music. She had finished the sketch and was already inking it. She gave a small smile as she did this. Drawing was like her get away. She could just get lost in it just like music. Finishing with her inking she murmured, "Now where did I put my coloring materials?" "Why color it? It already looks nice." Eriko nearly fell out of bed when she heard the voice but someone caught her easily. "You ok?"

Eriko looked up at Ray, "You startled me." She said, pouting slightly. "Sorry Eriko. I heard something up here and I wanted to check on you." That's not true. Drigger said but Ray ignored him. "Well, thanks..." Eriko muttered, blushing. “You don't have to thank me, Eriko.” 'I do it because I love you.' Ray thought to himself, a pool of red covering his cheeks.

Soon a new song popped up on the stereo. It was "Listen to Your Heart" by DTH.

I know there's something in the wake of your smile
I get a notion from the look in your eyes...yeah
You've built a love but that love falls apart
Your little piece of heaven turns too dark

Both teens blushed brightly. Eriko gave a small sigh then looked out the window. ‘Maybe I should listen to my heart.’ She thought. 'I've got nothing to lose.'

Listen to your heart when he's calling for you
Listen to your heart
There's nothing else you can do
I don't know where you're going, and I don't know why
But listen to your heart
Before you tell him goodbye

Suddenly, she was pulled in a tight embrace. "Riko, I apologize in advance." Ray's words were muffled but she heard them clearly. She looked up at him in confusion, "Ray? What do you me-mpf!!" she was cut off by the neko jin pressing his lips to hers. Her eyes widened and she stiffened for a moment but then she relaxed and her eyes fluttered shut, she returned the gentle kiss.

However they needed air so they broke apart panting. Ray looked ashamed, "I-I'm sorry Eriko. I-I don't know-" he was cut off by Eriko putting a finger to his lips. She smiled, "Don't say a word. I love you too." Ray smiled shyly at her.

Eriko leaned in for another kiss but Ray playfully pushed her away. "Nuh-uh! I don't want to kiss someone who's sick." He said grinning. Eriko giggled, "Cough! Cough!" she faked cough in his face, "Now you're gonna be sick too!" She said innocently. This brought a warm laugh. The two teens kissed again, lingering longer than the first one. They knew now that nothing could tear them apart.