Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Love that is hunted ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

After standing there for a few moments, nothing happened and it was starting to worry Kai. He looked back at the animals glaring at them.

"You said for me to put him in and I did," he said, "now what am I suppose to do?"

"Hand him over to us." Came a voice.

Kai looked up to see that the Demolition Boys pointing their arrows at Rei, Kenny, and Max. Even though fear gripped Kai's heart, he remained calm.

"Kai, don't just stand there, get him out of here!" Rei ordered.

Nodding his head, Kai started to run down the river not even looking back ...

***************

The mute boy opened his eyes feeling a slight chill run through his body wondering why his cloths were wet. Looking around; he noticed that he was at the heart of the forest but a little to fare from the lake. Looking up he saw that Kai was still carrying him; he was about to snuggle back down again when his stomach rumbled.

"I know you're hungry," Kai said, "but we can't stop now. Not until we find a spot to hide for a little while."

The boy nodded his head and pointed to the left. Kai looked where the boy was pointing at to see what looked like a huge cave. Nodding head, Kai took off running in the direction.

**************

The cave itself was large and damp saved by a drip of water echoing in the darkness. Sitting down, Kai placed the boy down on his lap and reached behind in his bag grabbing out what looked a piece of fruit and handing it to the boy.

Taking the fruit, it slipped out of his grasp. The boy tried to pick it but his arms were shaking so much that he dropped it again. With a sigh, Kai took the fruit and started to feed the other boy.

After a moment, the boy put his hand on his throat. This caused Kai to frown for a moment watching the other boy shape his hand looking as though he was drinking.

"You're thirsty, is that it?"

The boy nodded his head. Kai tilted his body to the left pulling out his water carrier and brought it to the boy's lips. Sitting him up a little; Kai tipped the water carrier a little as the boy started to drink. Once Kai moved the water carrier out of the way, a stream of water came down the boy's face. Taking the end of his scarf, Kai wiped the boy's face off. This caused the two to look at each other in the eyes.

Kai was to first to look away not even realizing that he was blushing slightly. Clearing his throat he looked back at the other boy to see that he was sleeping. This caused Kai to smile when he noticed something shiny around the boy's wrist.

"Hmmm," Kai wondered gently lifting the boy's right hand to notice that it was an over size bracelet with the word 'Tyson' gravid into it, "so your name is Tyson," he continued softly feeling the need to protect the other boy, "don't worry, I wont let anything happen you."

As if Tyson heard Kai, he snuggled closer to the taller boy. Kai continued to look at the other boy and for the first time, his expression soften to kindness and love.

Love?

Where did that come from? He hardly knew this person and already he was starting to feel something for him.

To Be Continued ...