Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Love that is hunted ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"We need to get him to higher ground." Kenny said quickly.

"Right." Rei said picking the unconscious boy in his arms as he looked as though he was groaning in pain.

"No. I'll carry him." Kai said.

Rei shrugged walked up placing the unconscious boy in his arms. Kai looked down at the boy in his arms: so innocent, pale, and in so much pain. I'll make sure the Demolition Boys get what they deserve! Kai thought when he felt movement. Looking down he noticed that the boy in his arms was starting to regain conscious blue eyes opened to meet dark ocean blue.

The boy tried to shift under Kai's grip showing nothing but fear, and pain as his body shook.

"Now, calm down," Kai said trying to tighten his grip but not wanting to hurt the wounded boy in his arm, "we're not going to hurt you. We're trying to help you."

The boy in his arms just sank further into Kai's arms slowly drifting into darkness ...

**********

Tala's feet stopped in front of a white peace of cloth picked it up and looked at it. Kai, he thought with a slight hiss, he's going to ruin everything!

"We better keeping moving." Tala said

"Yea. I see footsteps leading that way." Ian reported.

***************

The midnight haired boy slowly opened his feeling really weak and something sticky on his chest. At first, he wondered where he was then memories came back to him. Arrow. Men chasing him. People helping him. He slowly turned his head to the kids who have saved him.

"How are you feeling?" The red haired kid asked.

The midnight haired boy rose his shaky hand put it his throat. This caused everyone to frown. Could he be mute?

"What - can you speak?" The gray midnight haired boy asked ruddily.

The midnight haired boy shook his head ...

"Oh ... but are you all right?" The red haired asked again.

The midnight haired boy nodded his head causing the red haired to smile but it faded when the wounded boy tried to site up.

"Whoa," he shouted, "you shouldn't even move, you've been poisoned ..."

The wounded boy looked down at his bare chest to see that yellow stuff covered with leaves was placed where he was pierced. The midnight haired boy smiled and nodded his head looking thankful ...

"Your welcome," The red haired boy blushed scratching the back of his head, "but it was mostly Kai who did all the work. But you should take an easy, your still weak and we couldn't get all the poison out of your body."

The midnight haired boy closed his eyes, this is all my fault, he thought, now the forest is going to die ... not if I get to the heart of the forest to the lake that can heal me. The forest will die ...

"Come one," the gray/midnight haired boy said walking bending down to pick up the wounded boy in his arms causing the midnight haired boy to blush slightly, "we better get going ..."

The dark haired boy rose his shaky hand to the right causing the others to look where he was pointing.

"You want us to go that way?" the red haired boy asked figuring out that the mute boy wanted them to go that way.

He nodded his head then snuggled slightly into the gray/midnight haired boy's arms and was about to fall asleep when the red haired boy gasped and merely slapped himself. This caused everyone to look at him with slight worry.

"What's wrong, Kenny?" The blonde asked.

"We should tell him who we are .."

"That's true," the blonde said mentally slapping himself, "I'm Max. This is Kenny, Rei and the person who's holding you is Kai. He's the one who's looking for the power of Dranzer ..."

The mute boy looked at Kai long and hard. Dranzer wont have to look no more ... he has come ... I've got to stay awake --- feel so weak ...before he could think of anything else the mute boy fell unconscious .. again.

"Oh," Max, Rei, panicked.

"He's just weak," Kai informed, "now we should get going and not waist any more time."

*************

The fog laid heavily around the forest ground as the trailers walked thicker into the forest aware that some of the animals where following ... more like leading them. Some of the birds perched them selves on a limb tilting their heads in confusion or slight sadness. The trailers staid alert though, just in case.

It wasn't long before they came to a small pond. Most of the animals moved out of the way. Kai, Kenny, Rei, and Max looked at the lake in confusion. One of the birds fluttered it's wings and flew to the water, swooped down and touched the water with it's wing. Gliding back it landed in front of Kai chirping fluttering its wings.

"I think it wants you to carry the boy into the pond." Kenny said.

Kai looked down at the unconscious boy in his arms. He looked really flushed and his breathing pattern was not right. Nodding his head, Kai stepped into the water and walked deeper until the water was to his chest and the wounded boy's body was all the way into the water.

After standing there for a few moments, nothing happened and it was starting to worry Kai. He looked back at the animals glaring at them.

"You said for me to put him in and I did," he said, "now what am I suppose to do?"

"Hand him over to us." Came a voice.

To Be Continued ...