Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Love that is hunted ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Two

By KellyQ



Dragoon moved as fast as he could; yet he knew that he was going to get caught or worse if the arrows.... Poisoned arrows would drive into this blue glowing skin: The forest will die. Turning swiftly, the blue dragon was about to use his storm attack when he felt something-sharp drive into his chest causing him to let out a painful roar.

His body felt weak as he feel landing right into a river; his inter body shimmered changing into what looked like a twelve-year-old boy floating, the arrow still stuck in his chest: unconsciously as the waves brought him down stream.

**************

"Did you see that," Ian said excitedly, "we finally got the spirit of the forest!"

"Are you sure that's the right one," Tala asked with a sigh shaking his head, "you know that the spirit can change ..."

"Yes I know," Ian sighed in annoyance, "and I know it was the spirit ..."

"Well then. Lets go."

"This way. I saw it fall into the river."

**********************

The three came to the river to stop and rest even though Kai didn't want to but Rei talked him into it. After standing for a few moments, he walked to the rim of the lake took his water carrier and started to refill when he noticed something in the water.

Moving this water carrier; his eyes followed the trail of what looked like a trail of glitter to a figure floating passed them. Kai took off running into the water to the figure to see that it was a boy about 12 years of age: midnight hair; chubby like face wearing a white shirt and light blue fluffy pants.

Moving closer he winced when he saw an arrow in the other boy's chest ....

"What do you see, Kai?" Max called out.

Rei tried to look over Kai's shoulder from shore to see what he was looking at. As did, his cat like eyes looked at the trail of glider. Rai bent down lapped up what looked like glitter with his finger and ran it through his fingers.

"What is it?" Max asked walking up see his friend's eyes cloud over.

Rei was about to say something when movement in front of him caused him to look up to see Kai caring the unconscious wounded boy out of the water and laid him on the soft grass. This caused everyone to gasp: not because of the arrow in the boys chest because the ground around the boy gray and the grass turned black and withered.

"We have to get it out of him right away!" Kenny panicked.

As if on cue, Rei and Max held the unconscious boy down as Kenny bent down and pulled the arrow out causing the wounded boy to cry out in pain. Kai watched with great pain as he and the others winced hearing the wounded boy cry out falling unconscious again.

Kai walked to where the arrow had been thrown and took the arrow and looked closely at it. It was not an ordinary arrow.

"Can I see that?" Kenny asked who was now standing in front of Kai trying to study the arrow too.

Saying nothing the taller boy handed it over as the bushy redhead looked closely at it. Max got up and stepped up beside this old friend.

"What do you make of it, Kenny?"

"This arrow is loaded with poison: see," The boy said pointing at the tip of the arrow see that what looked like red liquid.

This caused Kai's expression to change to pure hate and disgust. Yanking the poisoned arrow out of Kenny's hand, Kai rose is knee, he slammed the weak point of arrow snapping it in two ...

"Those fucken' bastards," Kai hissed, "They're just determined to make sure that I don't succeed in my mission just so that they can humiliate me in front of my grandfather - well I'm not going to let it happen!"

"What are you talking about?" Max asked in a serious tone.

"Ian and his gang of Demolition Boys ...."

**************

"Are you sure that this is where he landed?" Tala asked with a sigh.

"Yes. I'm sure." Ian said.

"He went that way!" Boris said seeing a trail of what looked like glider.

"Good. Now lets get going before Kai knows what really up to and tries to stop us." Tala said taking off running along the riverbank.

To Be Continued ...