Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Make Believe Marriage ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Make Believe Marriage

Summary: Tyson, Max and Ray meet a strange girl called Kaze, who claims to be betrothed to Kai by an arrange marriage! She’s mad at Kai, yet intent to be his future wife. But her story simply doesn’t add up, and Kai is more than willing to point out her flaws.

Pairings: Tala/Kai

Theme: A sudden fiancée storming onto the scene, just oozing with sassiness.

Disclaimer: I don’t own the Anime Beyblade or any character associated. I do own Kaze Waldrof. She is an original character and all likeness to people living or dead is purely coincidental. This character is not based on anyone else’s character design, again if any likeness, it’s purely coincidental.

Warnings: Kai is a girl in this story. The use and introduction of a female Original Character. Any fans of OCs and OC pairings should leave now. Anti-OC pairings and blatant bashing of my own character. I created her; I can do what I want with her. And I plan to.

AN: Hello again everyone. Another chapter for you to enjoy, I hope. No Kaze in this one, thankfully, but there will be a verbal smackdown in the next chapter. That should be fun to write.

Thanks to everyone who has reviewed and placed this story on their alerts of favorite lists. Please review again, I love hearing from you. Thanks in advance and I hope you enjoy.

-

With his teammates looking on, some with sympathetic gazes, Kai sighed wearily and touched his forehead with the palm of his hand. He was getting a headache, a rather large one that will no doubt take hours for him to subdue. It was just a tension headache, though, and if he relaxed a little, he’ll get rid of it.

Somehow, though, finding a way to relax with Kaze still loitering around was going to be difficult.

A sense of anger bubbled in his chest when he thought about the maroon-haired female and he clenched his jaw subconsciously in frustration. He had no idea what her problem was, but what kind of egotistical nutcase would come bowling in a house she was unfamiliar with, starting yelling and insulting pretty much everyone insight?

He just couldn’t comprehend it; her manners, her attitude, her blatantly bitchy outlook. He had never encountered it within anyone he knew. Was she so full of herself that she thought she was cool and rebellious? Or did she not possess any sort of respect and manners to those around her?

The Blitzkrieg Boys are rather known for their rough around the edges attitudes, but not even they are rude enough to storm into someone else’s house and start yelling at the top of their lungs.

He found Kaze’s behaviour appalling and was certain his teammates did as well. They did not have it in them to judge people upon first meeting, but something about Kaze rubbed them the wrong way, Hilary especially.

“No, Tyson, she isn’t my fiancée,” Kai said with a firm, no nonsense tone to his voice, as if the thought of being engaged to her made his skin crawl. “I am not set to marry a twit like her. I’d soon kill myself.”

“Or her,” Hilary muttered under her breath as she folded her arms and pouted in mild anger.

Ray mildly relieved at the admission but there were a couple of things that were bugging him. “But she knew Voltaire’s name,” he pointed out, remembering their first meeting with a grimace.

Thankfully, though, Kai quickly rebuked the notion. “After what happened in Russia three years ago, every man and his dog knows who Voltaire is,” he said as he removed his hand from his brow, turning to give Ray a cool look.

The corners of Ray’s mouth twitched into a smile. “That’s true.”

“So she’s making it up?” Max said after piecing everything together. “Why?”

“Simple,” Kai said as he folded his arms over his chest and shrugged lightly. “She wants to be known as Mrs. Kai Hiwatari. I am one of the richest people in the world now.”

“So she’s a gold digger?” Tyson asked with a slight frown on his face.

Kai nodded, knowing well how some people would do anything for fame and money, including making up lies about sharing a past, a past that was lost to him during the trauma of his life. Fortunately, though, he knew enough about his past to know Kaze was a lying bitch.

“Most likely.”

“Or she’s simply a fame hunter,” Hilary interjected, still looking cross, but much calmer than before. “You know, using you to gain popularity for herself, that sort of thing?”

She read something like that in a romance novel her mother was incredible fond of. She tried to read her mother’s books, but she got far too annoyed due to the stupidity and often selfishness of the heroine and ended up throwing the book to the wall in anger. Really, though, if someone confessed that they were only using them to better themselves in life, she would be far less forgiving.

Although, the current situation she and her friends are in now, she was thankful that Kai was adamant that he wanted nothing to do with Kaze.

“She could just want to break the team up for all we know,” Tyson said as he folded his arms casually behind his head, frowning slightly.

There were so many possible explanations to Kaze suddenly appearance, none of them anything doo and really being his fiancée wasn’t one of them.

“But how can you really be sure she’s not telling the truth?” Ray pressed, wanting solid proof before he can really relax.

“Look, it’s really simple,” Kai said with his voice heavy with annoyance and frustration. “There was a contract that said I was to be married off in an arranged marriage and then produce a heir to keep the Hiwatari heritage alive, that part is true, but it wasn’t to a girl called Kaze.”

The group before him looked surprised by the sudden admission and Kai tried to mentally prepare himself for what was to come.

“Who was it to, then?” Ray asked, his brow furrowing in confusion as the others waited with baited breath. They had a sense of fear in their faces, no doubt hoping that his fiancée wasn’t someone as rude and arrogant as Kaze was.

Kai shifted uncomfortably under their scrutinizing stares. “…Tala,” he mumbled.

“Tala?” Tyson muttered before spluttering in shock. “But he’s a guy!”

Kai raised an eyebrow, mentally asking if he only just realized that, but decided to not voice the question. “That’s right.”

“But how can you produce an heir if you’re both guys?” Max pointed out. He was no scientist or doctor, but even he knew two males could not make a baby together.

More uncomfortable fidgeting followed and Kai drew in a deep breath, exhaling slowly. “…I’m a girl.”

An incredulous silence followed, everyone in the room staring at Kai blankly, unsure if he was actually telling a joke or he/she was serious.

“You’re a what?” Hilary finally asked, snapping out of her shock for a moment. She is then filled with a sense of enlightened hope. If Kai is really a girl, then Kaze really wasn’t his betrothed. In fact, no girl would ever be!

Oh my God! She couldn’t wait for Kaze to learn the truth!

Kai once again sighed deeply and grabbed the hem of his shirt, lifting it up over his head and revealing thick wadding around her chest. They started below her armpits and ended where her rips did. She had a slender figure, her stomach flat and toned and her bust seemingly of average size. But it was hard to tell with the wadding on.

“I’m really a girl,” Kai said again, driving the point home. “Female in gender in other words.”

“B-but-” Ray stuttered, unable to keep his eyes off of her. His amber eyes were wide and looking her up and down, taking everything in and making Kai feel uncomfortable.

With a light blush on her cheeks, Kai quickly slipped the top back on, her hand lingering on the collar of her shirt. “I’ve been dressing as a guy for a few years now, simply because my grandfather didn’t like females. He’s a bit sexist, you see.”

At the mention of her grandfather, the teen before her seemed to snap out of their shock, expressions of pity appearing on their faces. They had only heard a handful of stories regarding Voltaire, but they’ve heard enough to know he was a complete asshole.

Kai opted to stay silent for a moment, letting the information sink in and shifted uncomfortably on her feet as she thought back to her grandfather; he was an abusive, controlling bastard. The thought that he would search for a suitable partner for her to marry almost made her laugh out loud at how utterly ludicrus that notion truly was.

Kaze really had no idea what she was talking about when she mentioned Voltaire.

Although her grandfather was utterly disgusted at the thought of having a granddaughter, he found himself coming around at the idea. This way the Hiwatari heritage will stay ‘pure’ and he won’t have to find some random female just so they could produce an heir. So, in a twisted sort of way, her being a girl worked in his favour and he promptly set her up with the strongest male in the Abbey; Tala Ivanov.

Now, that made sense. Why would he go out and find some random girl, especially a childhood friend? Voltaire did not negotiate anything, and there certainly was no discussion over coffee regarding the matter. Voltaire ordered Tala, that when they reached a certain age, he would marry Kai and then they would produce an heir.

The old fool didn’t count on them actually becoming friends and then lovers as years grew on.

Not that he mattered much to him, anymore. He was in jail and Kai was granted her entire heritance, which she will receive on her 18th birthday. Mr. Dickinson, her current guardian, promised to take care of it until then.

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Ray asked softly, seeming torn between feeling betrayed or sympathetic that she had to go through all that at such a young age.

“It never came up in conversation,” Kai replied with a hint of sarcasm but soon snapped her mouth shut and drew in yet another deep breath through her nose. She was being honest here, there is no use for sarcasm, even thought it was just a defence mechanism whenever she felt uncomfortable about something. When she was really stressed, she was really sarcastic.

“Besides, it’s not something you share over a cup of tea or a raging Beyblade battle, is it?” she asked as she fidget slightly again, her fingers tugging at the collar of her shirt. “I mean, I’ve been dressing as a guy for so long, that I’m use to hiding.”

She could tell that her teammates were still in a state of utter shock and awe, some even expression a sense of remorse and guilt.

A small smile suddenly appeared on Max’s face that was warm, yet held a light teasing edge to it. “So, that’s the reason why you kept sneaking off to see the Blitz boys, huh?” he asked, none to innocently in Kai’s opinion.

Kai might not have liked the indication in his voice, but it helped to lighten the mood. That, she was grateful for. What she wasn’t grateful for was the fact that he was teasing her to get the mood to shift.

Tyson seemed too caught onto what Max was implying and let out a loud laugh, pointing a finger at Kai. “Oh man, you’re dating Tala!”

Kai immediately blushed a crimson red when Hilary squealed about how cute that was and tried to scowl at them, but her look was more out of embarrassment than anger. “Shut up!”

Ray’s lips twitched into a half smile and he sent her an amused look. “I always knew there was something between the two of you.”

Kai faltered and gave Ray a look that was utter confusion. “But you thought I was a guy,” she pointed out.

But Ray simply shrugged. “So?”

“So you thought I was gay?” Kai asked as she blinked slowly, her turn to try and take in what Ray was implying. She wasn’t annoyed that he thought she was a gay guy, she was just slightly surprised that someone as old fashioned as Ray was, he seemed ok with the prospect.

“Yep,” Ray said as a full grin broke out. “Hey, I know a few gay guys, so it doesn’t bother me.”

Once again, Kai could only blink with a blank look on her face. She took a moment to regard her entire team, mildly surprised when they seem to hold no ill feelings toward her. “You are taking this well,” she said after a moment.

Truthfully, she expected them to really freak out, but it seemed the relief of Kaze not being her fiancée mellowed them out. How peculiar...

“Yeah, well,” Tyson shrugged. “Let’s be truthful here, stranger things have happened.”

“Yeah,” Kai murmured as she thought back over the past few years; kidnapping, abandonment, almost dying twice. They really do live an unbelievable life, don’t they?

“That’s probably true.

“But what are you going to do about Kaze?” Ray asked, seemingly still annoyed with the strange woman. “She doesn’t appear the type to give up so quickly.”

“I have a few more words I would like to say to her, actually,” Kai muttered, her face twisting into a look of anger. “And none of them she’ll want to hear.”

A light round of chuckles followed.

They lingered in the lounge room for about an hour afterwards, her teammates reassuring her that they were really ok with her being a girl. No matter her appearance or gender, to them she was still Kai Hiwatari; their teammates, captain and friend.

They also asked her a few questions and Kai answering them the best she could, politely turning down questions she was uncomfortable answering at this point in time. She was grateful that her revealing her deepest secrets went so smoothly. It seemed Kaze’s appearance had scared them into believing that their male captain just might have an obnoxious fiancée out there waiting to be a part of the team.

Really, though, Tala might be her real fiancé, but she would never let him become a part of the team just because they were engaged. For starters, they had enough members already, they don’t need a vice captain and Tala had his own team to captain anyway. They might love each other, but there were no plans to combining their teams sometime in the future. They were both independent bladers and while blading with him during the world’s championships, she couldn’t back out of her commitments with her teammates in Japan. Tala understood that, knowing that they had somehow got under her skin.

Being separated sucks sometimes, but they knew that had a future together.

Stepping out into the courtyard, Kai moved to stand beside the Koi pond and stared down at her reflection, her red eyes studying her face, mostly the blue tattoos that adorned her cheeks. Yeah, they were tattoos, and they hurt like hell when she got them. She closed her eyes and gingerly touched her tattoos, wincing slightly from the memory.

Her eyes suddenly snapped open when she felt a pair of arms circle her waist and she was pulled back against a familiar chest. She stiffened at first due to reflex, yet soon calmed down when she recognized the comforting presence and sunk against the body behind her.

“What are you doing here, Tala?” she asked as she placed her hands on top of Tala’s, their fingers entwining together perfectly.

“I came to see you, of course,” he muttered as he turned her around in his arms and pulled her flush against his chest, one hand lingering in the small of her back, the other slipping up to settle against the curve of her neck. He carefully tilted Kai’s head to the side and he leaned forward, pressing his lips tightly against hers. Kai placed her hands on his shoulders as she returned the kiss, parting her lips on a sigh as Tala ran his tongue over her bottom lip, asking for entrance. The kiss turned feverish as Tala ran his tongue over hers, moving back and forth, stroking and caressing.

Tala broke the kiss a moment later when he felt Kai sigh and sink against him. “What’s wrong?” he asked as he held her closer, his fingers raking through her hair. “You seemed annoyed.”

“It’s a long story,” Kai murmured against his chest, her hands slipping from his shoulders and she wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek. “But the others know that I’m a girl now.”

“They do?” he asked with a tone of surprise to his voice. “And what about-?”

“They know about us as well,” Kai interrupted and gave a small smile when Tala seemed a bit relieved.

“What made you snap and tell them?” Tala asked with an amused grin on his lips.

What made her snap, indeed? Looked like Kaze was good for one thing, leading to the topic of her true gender. But even so, she couldn’t stand the bitch.

“Like I said, it’s a long story,” Kai said with a frown on her face. She suddenly remembered something and snapped her head up to face Tala, who continued to look mildly amused. Oh, he’s going to burst a gut from laughing when she tells him about Kaze.

But that will have to wait.

“I have that attack ring you requested,” Kai said as she reluctantly stepped out of his arms. “Just let me grab it and I’ll tell you everything, ok?”