Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Mask of Secrets ❯ Searching ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3

As the sun began to spread its great mane of light, the world began to awaken, banishing sleep and the shadows of the night to wait their turn. A blond haired teen groaned slightly as the sun shone into his eyes. He opened them blinking the sleep from his ocean blue orbs.

He sat up yawning before getting up. He pulled a few articles of clothing from his drawers and headed for the bathroom.

Turning on the hot water, he stepped into the soothing warm spray. He quickly washed his hair and body before stepping out and turning of the water flow. Feeling more awake and refreshed he got dressed and ran a brush through his hair before stepping out into the hallway.

All the bedrooms were located on the second floor and the sounds of the other occupants waking up drifted into the hall. If you were to listen closely, you would notice that there came no sound from Tyson's room. Max shrugged it off. It was very unusual for his blue haired friend to wake up this early. It was only about 7:30 now.

Max bounced down the stairs, his energy level already high. Ray walked down the same stairs only a few moments later. He had taken the duty of chef in the house and was heading down to start breakfast. He entered the kitchen and found Max looking through the fridge. "Morning" he said as he began making breakfast. "Morning Ray" the blond boy answered back as he pulled out a jug of orange juice.

Max walked over to the cupboard to find himself a glass and found them just out of his reach. He turned to Ray with puppy dog eyes and was satisfied to see Ray walk over and give him a glass. Max, Kenny and Tyson were a little on the short side and often had to ask the taller two, Ray and Kai by name, to hand them something that was beyond their reach. Ray was the one most often asked, only Tyson really daring enough to ask Kai.

Max gave Ray a grateful smile and poured himself a glass of juice. He sat down at the kitchen table and watched Ray for a bit. He could almost see Ray in one of those 'kiss the chef' aprons. Max could feel his grin widen slightly. Soon the kitchen was filled with the aroma of breakfast. Kai entered followed by Kenny soon after. Kai said nothing in order of greeting; instead he leaned against the counter and waited. Kenny came in with Dizzy under arm giving a nod in greeting.

"Max, will you go and wake up Tyson please" Ray asked as he began to set the table. "Sure" he replied and ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs. He knocked on Tyson's door and called his name. Not surprised that he didn't get an answer he swung the door open and walked over to the bed. He was surprised to find the bed empty, the sheets were wrinkled giving the indication that someone had been sleeping there.

Max touched the pillow and mattress but found them to be cool, untouched for sometime by the heat given of from the body. That could only mean that Tyson had gotten up earlier that morning, yet he was nowhere to be seen. "Tyson!" he called out but found no answer. Max frowned and looked around the room. Everything looked to be normal, the curtains swaying gently in the morning breeze and nothing appeared to be missing or out of place.

Max walked out of the room and back to the kitchen, thinking that Tyson might have been downstairs before he came up looking for him. He entered the kitchen but found no Tyson. "Anyone seen Tyson?" he asked the other boys who looked at him, worry showing on their faces at his question. All right, so maybe it was Ray who looked worried, Kenny just frowned and Kai, well, he looked indifferent though he did turn his attention to the blond boy.

"Isn't he in his room?" Ray asked, worry finding it's way into his voice. Max shook his head no, still frowning. "Have you checked in the other rooms?" Max shook his head "No, I didn't, I did pass the bathroom but no one was in there" Ray frowned slightly biting his lip, "Let's look for him, he should be here somewhere." Max and Kenny nodded and the three started looking.

Kai had stayed in the kitchen. He had a strange feeling in the pit of his stomach that unsettled him somewhat. He finally moved from his spot and headed for Tyson's room. Normally they wouldn't have made such a fuss and gone looking for him, yet Tyson's strange behavior the last few days had them worried. Kai wouldn't admit it but he had steadily grown a bit concerned for the loud-mouthed baka. He had appeared more tired and pale and even quieter. He also began to eat less, though not drastically so, he could still be considered to have a large appetite. How Tyson was able to stay so small and thin was beyond Kai. It must have something to do with his usually hyper and active personality.

Another thing that was bothering Kai was that Tyson did not fight back as much as he used to when Kai teased him. He just sort of backed off and submitted after a few exchanges of words, something that had surprised Kai greatly when it first happened. Submitting was not something that the stubborn headed boy was known for. Having reached Tyson's door he entered.

Kai looked around the room and found that it was surprisingly clean. The floor was clear of most things except for the odd article of clothing that lay discarded here and there. He walked slowly round the room, his fingers trailing over the wooden desk, the bed and finally stopping as he reached the windowsill. He stared out of the window for a minute, eyes narrowed slightly. He looked around the room again when his attention was caught by a small black box that lay at the edge beneath the bed. He would have missed it entirely, yet somehow it had drawn his attention to it. He walked over to it slowly and crouched down as he picked it up.

The box was feather light as if it was empty and made only of a thin sheet of paper. It was plain and uninteresting though he felt that it held great importance. He heard footsteps and looked up to see the other three boys enter. "We can't find him" Max said not bothering to hide his worry and what might have been a spark of fear. Kai looked at the small black box and stood up again. "Hn." Was all he said before pushing past the others and out of the room. Ray, Max and Kenny looked at each other before following their leader down the stairs and into the living room. They had seen the box in Kai's hand and curiosity ate at their heels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~************************* ****~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JM: A chapter finished. I actually don't like this chapter much. I don't think I did it really well. Oh well, R&R!