Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Ray Kons attempt at getting the Guy ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
“Whaaaa!! Tyson, cut it out! Your going to break my laptop!”

“Tate, get off the table!”

“Tyson!!!! Fight meeee!!”

“Daichi, Tyson, both of you, shut up!!”

Another blissfully normal summer day in the Granger dojo. The names Ray Kon, currently a resident of this mad house. There’s going to be a tournament coming up soon, so we’re all staying here for training. Its sort of our home, and our base.

When I say “our” I mean Kenny, the one yelling at Tyson about his laptop. Smart guy, too smart a lot of the time, and the second youngest. He’s a genius, and a pretty top notch blader, too. Well, honestly, any of us from the team could probably beat him with our eyes closed, but that would be a bit rude to say.

The one currently being yelled at the most is Tyson, the world champion, and the son of Mr. Granger, or Grandpa G as we’ve been told to call him. He’s a loud mouth with a bottomless pit for a stomach. Nice guy, really, and I don’t dislike him, but, well…….Moving on.

The one demanding a fight from said world champ is Daichi. He’s a character, a lot like Tyson, except he can be louder….and is super naïve about a lot of things. He’s currently the youngest, and…..well, like Tyson, I don’t dislike him…but he sort of just wondered up out of nowhere and decided he wasn’t leaving. Really, he is pretty annoying….

The high pitched shrill that’s demanding the impossible from Tyson and Daichi is Hillary. She’s pretty cool, but pretty bossy. Even though she doesn’t blade, she keeps the group together and under control. If it wasn’t for her, I imagine the sane ones in the group would go insane.

Sane ones being Kenny, or the Chief, as most call him, Hillary herself, though that’s questionable, Kai, and myself, if I do say so….well, myself. Kais the team captain, and a bit of a hard ass…..but, you cant help but like him. Or I cant, and really, I like him way to much for my own good. Slate hair, blazing crimson eyes, toned slim build, flawless pale skin……ahh, well, in any case, I should move on. Again.

Kais the one demanding the giggling sugar high blonde, Max, to get off the table. Max is part of the troublesome trio, Daichi and Tyson are the others. Max is a good guy, the little brother of everyone….well, except Tyson. Ive come to the conclusion that Tyson as more then friendly feelings towards the cheerful blonde.

Well, ive mentioned Kenny, Tyson, Daichi, Hillary, Max, and Kai. The last member of the team is myself, the residential neko jin, Ray. Kenny’s the smart one, Tyson’s the loud, but friendly one, Daichis the loud, annoying one, Hillary’s the bossy one, Max is the overly cheerful and occasionally annoying one, and Kai is the cold one.

Myself, I fall under the category of the calm, peace keeper….alright, so maybe ive been called the mother hen, but I prefer the level headed one, mediator, maybe. And not being cocky or anything, but I think Ive done a damn good job of it so far. Considering the circumstances, wouldn’t you agree? Uh oh, I think I just heard Tyson crying out in agony. Kai or Hillary just lost their tempers. Looks like I had better put supper in the oven and get out there and intervene.

The sight that greets me is actually pretty funny, though try to at least look concerned. Kai is standing over the troublesome trio glowering. While Kenny and Hillary are glaring, though from a distance from Kai. Obviously it was Kai who lost his temper. Poor guy.

“What did you guys do this time?” I ask, in a calm, curious, but stern tone. I think im about the only one who can talk to Kai when his pissed and live to tell about it.

“R,Ray!!” Whoa, when did they get behind me? Hey wait a minute!! Their using me as a shield, those bastards!!

“Eh?” I blink as I find myself looking into a pair of raging eyes. Raging, sexy eyes of course, but dangerous either way. I give a slightly sheepish smile, then turn and look at the three, a hand on my hip. Maybe I am a bit of a mother hen…..

“Alright, you guys, what did you do?”

“Whaaat?! Ray, we didn’t do anything! Why do you always take Kais side?!” Tyson whined, and I raise an eyebrow.

“Maybe because I know that Kai wouldn’t lose his temper so easily….? Now what,”

“Aghhhh!! Just look at this mess!!” Mess? What….Oh hell no…..Why me….?

“You guys…..why is there paint all over the wall…?” I turn around not hearing a reply, and a scowl is felt on my face at the sight of the empty space. Great. I’m gonna be the one to stay up all night and clean this. By my lonesome. AGAIN.

“Raaaay!! Were hungry, whens the food gonna be ready?!” Stupid Tyson. And stupid Daichi, whose demanding the same thing. Why, oh why do I have the play the role of the calm mediator and mother hen? Why cant someone else? Why not Hillary She’s a girl, aren’t girls suppose to be….you know what, never mind I said anything.

“Shut up, you two!! Now go clean the mess you made up!!”

“Aww, but Hillary, were starving! We don’t have enough energy to do it!!”

“That’s right, ugly! OWW!”

“Don’t call me that, you stupid little monkey!! Now both of you, get in there and start cleaning!!”

Stupid Hillary, doesn’t she know that they will only make it more messy?

“Hey, um, Ray?” I turn and offer a grin at Kenny.

“Hey, Kenny, what you need?” Poor guy. He’s sorta in the “sane” category. Not really, but sorta.

“Will I bother you if I stay in here while you cook? Its too noisy out there for me to,”

“TYSON! DAICHI! MAX!! IM GONNA KILL YOU!!” That was Hillary, by the way.

“Go ahead, my friend.” We would have never made it as far as we did when we first became a team without this guys expertise in the blading field. I have made the kitchen an off-limits area when Im cooking to Tyson, Max, and Daichi, and the others stay out on their own.

Basically, this is the only me time I have. So I can get a bit protective of the kitchen…..so much as to glower at Hillary when she so much as steps in here for
something when Im cooking.

“Stupid Tyson. Stupid Max. Stupid Daichi.” What did I tell you? That I was going to be the one to stay up all night cleaning up after the troublesome trio? Well, bet you will never guess what im doing now!

Hillary and Kenny went home, and since training begins in the morning, I shooed MaTyDa to bed at nine thirty. Kai went out on one of his late night training walks, and should be back in about ten minutes. He’s always back by at least twelve, ever once in a while one o’clock in the mornings. Ive been cleaning this stupid wall for almost three hours now, and from what I can see, I still have at least an hours cleaning left. Though now its time for a break.

I have some cookies and milk stored away in the icebox and pantry that are strictly for Kai. That’s what I discovered three years ago when we first became a team, that he doesn’t eat heavy food past four or five o’clock, ever once an a while if he’s hungry six or seven.

Anyways, I got the idea to leave out a plate of cookies and a cup of milk since I was worried about him, and the next morning the plate and cup were gone. Of course it wasn’t Tyson, he wouldn’t have cleaned his dishes, same with Max. And of course Kenny was to caught up in either sleep or his work to worry about that vital substance called food. I even went so far as to check the garbage when I was alone, and he hadn’t thrown them away.

In another words its become a ritual. When he doesn’t eat or when he disappears, around eleven or so I get up and get his late night or early morning snack ready for him. So far, hes never turned them down. And I don’t mind doing it for him, since he cleans his dishes and doesn’t leave crumbs in my clean kitchen. Actually, I wouldn’t care if he did either way, since he’s Kai and …..well, you get the point.

After I get Kais snack ready I return to cleaning the stupid paint of the stupid wall.
Honestly, how did those three even get their hands on any paint? If I ever find out where they get it from, im sicking Drigger on the source. Be it a store or a person.

Oh, I just heard the front door open and close. A good thing about being a Neko jin in this house. My hearing is abnormally good, good enough I can usually sense Kai whenever he’s around, and that’s saying something. Though it does have a few set backs. The purring, the hissing when overly annoyed, the headaches that result from having my pupils staying slit for to long, the wanting to sleep for at least twenty hours a day when I find that the suns shinning just right and, well, you get the point. I’m to much like a cat for my own good.

Daichi called me cat man one time, and it only took a glare with my slit pupils to silence him and the others snickers. Kenny and Kai were the only ones who didn’t laugh. Kenny because he knew it would make me mad and he didn’t wanna see that, and Kai because he’s…Kai. You get the point.

“We have training tomorrow, Kon.” Even though I knew that Kai was there, I didn’t expect him to speak, and it made me jump a bit.

“Oh, Kai! Yea, I know. I wont lag in training, Ill be to bed soon.” I offer him my best smile, and he just nods and turns to leave. He had finished his cookies and milk. Never have gotten a thank you or any acknowledgement, maybe he doesn’t know its me…? Alright, that was just dumb. The others would have ate it before it even got to the plate. Ah, well. Guess its another thing ill just have to live with…..