Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Rei ❯ Japan Finals ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rei: Japan Finals

Today, the champion was going to be determined. I quickly rose from my bed and padded over to the dresser. It was nice of Mr. Dickenson to provide me with enough cash for a hotel, considering he paid for my plane ticket. I should repay him for his generosity.

A soft green light shined throughout my hotel room, followed by Driger stretching like a cat. Well, what did you expect? He was one after all, a big one as a mater of fact.

"What is it?" He asked me innocently.

"You're up to something," I said, eying him.

"Oh is that so?" Driger teased me.

"Don't you even think about hooking me up with Kai," I warned him, while pulling out my usual outfit and heading towards the bathroom.

"Who ever said I would do such a thing?" Driger gasped in mock horror.

"I know you," was all I said before shutting the door on him.

"Don't count on it!" Driger yelled playfully through the door.

Whatever. Ever since I had met him, we became the best of friends. We acted more like brothers than cousins. He was the overprotective brother I never had. When we were trekking through the forest areas, a large cat attacked me, but Driger tackled the cat before it reached me and gave it a good thrashing.

I slipped out of my night clothes and carefully removed the binding to my hair. Now that I thought of it, I should really clean my wings. I haven't groomed them in ages, but then again, I didn't really use them often so they weren't that dirty. My silvery-white wings emerged from my back. Since I didn't have much room, I didn't extend them completely.

An hour later, I emerged from the bathroom squeaky clean. I had left my wings out, because they were still wet from when I cleaned them. Driger casually looked up and blinked in surprise. Perhaps, it was due to the fact I had my wings out and I normally don't.

"Why do you have your wings out?" He asked me hesitantly.

"Because I really needed to clean them," I said sitting down on the bed. I picked up my brush and started the long process of detangling my long hair.

"You hardly used them," Driger sighed; then he smiled with amusement.

"What is it?" I asked him, not liking where this was heading.

"I wondered if Kai would like to see you with your wings," Driger mused as he rubbed his chin.

"Absolutely not!!" I almost yelled, while standing up abruptly and dropping my brush.

"I was only kidding," Driger snickered.

"You better be," I growled as I returned back to brushing my hair.

Later that afternoon, Mr. Dickenson and I sat next to each other as we watched for the anticipated final round. Several people said that Tyson didn't stand a chance against Kai. Some said Tyson would emerge as the victor. Others cheered both on. I even cheered both on. I wanted Kai to win, for you know what reasons. On the other hand, I wanted Tyson to win, because I had this strange feeling about him.

In the first round, Kai wasn't even trying to win. He allowed Tyson to beat him without a fight. One or two minutes after they launched their beyblades into the stadium, Tyson won by using his storm attack, which sent Kai flying towards the cage. Why wasn't Kai putting up a fight? I mean he was last year's champion. Why would he allow a rookie to defeat him in the first round?

`Maybe it's because he likes him,' Driger teased me through our mental connection.

`Very funny,' I replied sarcastically. Normally, I would have spoken out loud, but other people would think I was mental.

As soon as the second round started, Kai pulled out all the stops. It must have been something Tyson said that got him so riled up. This time he was putting more effort into crushing Tyson. However, Tyson also put up a good fight, but in the end, Kai took the second round with his fire arrows. I never knew Dranzer was that powerful.

`He isn't that powerful if you asked me,' Driger huffed. Could it be he was jealous?

`You're just jealous,' I teased him through out connection.

`Am not!'

`Are too!'

`Am not!'

`Are too!'

`Am not! And you're going to miss the start of the third round.'

Blinking, I looked towards the stadium to find both boys holding their launchers over the stadium. Driger was right; they were about to commence the final round. This should be interesting as both had won one round each. The last one will determine the winner.

Both players really went at each other. Neither of them wanting to give up ground and attacked each other with everything they had. Their focus was completely on the fight and their bit beasts in the stadium. When both of them called out their attacks, a tornado of fire erupted, causing both of them to back off.

Suddenly as it came, the fire tornado disappeared along with both beyblades. Everyone peered into the stadium and gasped as it was empty. Kai and Tyson also had the same reaction. They were completely surprised by the disappearance of their blades. Where could they be? Then I felt two huge powers, falling through the air. I glanced upwards before anyone else and discovered the two bit beasts free falling.

Kai and Tyson looked up to find their blades falling towards the stadium. They encouraged their bit beasts to keep attacking and never give up. Soon the bit beasts were attacking each other in midair and the sparks flew as they collided with each other. Tyson's blade landed on the lip of the dish before teetering inside the stadium. Kai's blade, however, landed on the lip and fell out of the stadium. Dranzer immediately went back to his master.

`Driger?'

`Yes?' Driger answered sweetly.

I tried to suppress a shudder, because I knew that could mean one thing. He was up to something when he used that tone of voice. `Do you know Dranzer?'

`Unfortunately, I do,' Driger growled a little.

`I take it you don't like him,' I thought.

`I don't,' Driger answered a little softer this time.

`Why?' I question, wanting to know why he acted this way.

`Because he is arrogant, rude, obnoxious ……………'

`I get the picture,' I informed Driger, when he went on and on. I had to cut of my discussion with my cousin, when Mr. Dickenson motioned for me to follow him.

After he had made the announcement, we gathered together back at the locker room. Good thing Kai didn't show up, because I don't know how I would act with him in a closed area. Just great, I would have to be near him as we were heading towards the Asian final tomorrow.

"That was a great match," Mr. Dickenson complimented Tyson.

"Thanks Mr. Dickenson," Tyson said meekly, as he fidgeted nervously.

"When will we be heading for the Asian tournament?" Kenny asked Mr. Dickenson.

"We're heading there?" Max gasped with surprise.

"Of course, we are," Mr. Dickenson said cheerily. "Our flight leaves tomorrow."

"Cool!" Tyson cheered as he and Max chatted about the tournament.

"I should really set Tyson's alarm clock," Kenny sighed, shaking his head.

"Why?" I asked Kenny, curiously.

"He's a late sleeper," the Chief answered.

As the other chatted about China and the Asian tournament, my thoughts kept turning to a certain beyblader. I hardly even know him; yet ……………. I don't know. Feeling my pants grow a little tighter I felt I should leave, before any one discovered it.

Turning around, I was heading out of the room when Max stopped me. "Where are you heading?" His blue eyes searched for an answer.

"I'm heading towards my hotel room," I answered Max. Tyson had stopped chatting with Mr. Dickenson and joined our conversation.

"Come on, why not spend time with your new team mates?" Tyson insisted that we should spend time together as a team.

"We're going to be spending a lot of time training together," I reminded the hyper kid. "Besides I would like to see the sites."

"Oh, that's boring," Tyson yawned, exaggerating his point.

"I haven't lived here if you don't remember," I said, slightly amused.

"That's right," Max chirped. "You're from China."

"You remembered," I said, thankful at least someone remembered. "I'll be taking off."

"See yah," they both chorused as I exited the room.

As I turned to leave the building, two cold eyes greeted me. I pulled back out of instinct when a hand grabbed me, preventing me from leaving. What does he want? I tugged really hard on his hand, but he wouldn't let go of me.

Those eyes inspected me as I squirmed around trying to get away. He looked deep into my golden eyes and smirked before releasing his grip on my arm.

"What?" I asked him, while rubbing my wrist.

"What are you doing here?" His voice sounded cold.

"I'm heading for my hotel room, if it's any of your concern," I said, very nervously.

"Why should it concern me?" He asked rhetorically.

"Why don't you tell me?" I shot back at him, without thinking it through.

He stood there looking amused. "You weren't following me, were you?"

"Absolutely not!" I wanted to yell but at the same time trying to calm myself before I go into a panic. I didn't want him to know he was causing me to react this way.

"Sure," he taunted me.

I walked past him, brushing against his side, since there was hardly any room in those narrow halls. When I had felt his warm body against mine, it took every ounce of will power inside me not to go running towards my hotel room. Heading outside the building, I felt a pair of eyes watching me retreat to the exit.